Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205709 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41561: May 29, 2020 03:47:03 pm
      Spanish media don't need Wolves permission to make up stories.  ;D

No idea if it's true of course, but seems like the fee for him would be inflated. Talking might be a way of keeping Werner's demands from going too high.

Traore would be a hell of an impact sub, imagine him running at a knackered defence the last 15 minutes!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41562: May 29, 2020 09:19:47 pm
      So who will be leaving ?

Lovren,  Shaq ,  Lallana ,  Origi , Adrian ?

Word about that Harry Wilson is wanted by a club on a permanent . Can't see that myself.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #41563: May 29, 2020 09:21:25 pm
      Weston Mckeenie would be a good bit of business. That kid shines in Schalke in an otherwise talentless squad. Plays a lot of positions, work rate is high, and wants to come to PL.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41564: May 30, 2020 03:37:49 pm
      So who will be leaving ?

Word about that Harry Wilson is wanted by a club on a permanent . Can't see that myself.

All of the above will leave, including Wilson.

Brewster and Jones will replace Origi and Lallana in the squad.

So we will need to sign a backup GK, CB and forward.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #41565: May 31, 2020 02:27:33 am
      So who will be leaving ?

Can definitely see Shaq & Lallana going, Leicester looking the favourite for Lallana. Can't see Adrian going, although unless he's offered some form of coaching job I can see Lonergan being the third.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41566: May 31, 2020 06:40:12 am
      Would love to see Traore here. Think hes just now hitting the stage in his career where his goals and assists will match his talent.

His speed is scary but his power is another huge asset. I would like him here as another cog in our wheel though rather than at the expense of Mane.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41567: May 31, 2020 08:37:53 am
      Can definitely see Shaq & Lallana going, Leicester looking the favourite for Lallana. Can't see Adrian going, although unless he's offered some form of coaching job I can see Lonergan being the third.

Why can't you see Adrian leaving, do we need to have the sword of Damocles hanging over us in case Allison gets injured again?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41568: May 31, 2020 08:38:23 am
      Would love to see Traore here. Think hes just now hitting the stage in his career where his goals and assists will match his talent.

His speed is scary but his power is another huge asset. I would like him here as another cog in our wheel though rather than at the expense of Mane.

Imagine him as an impact sub, last 15 minutes of the game, WOW!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41569: May 31, 2020 12:29:38 pm

I doubt we'll fork out £60 million for an impact sub.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41570: May 31, 2020 12:48:37 pm
      I doubt we'll fork out £60 million for an impact sub.

Well he wouldn't just be an impact sub, he'd also start a good chunk of games, how nice would it be to finally have some options on the bench in an attacking sense, we haven't had that for a long long time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #41571: May 31, 2020 02:22:57 pm
      Why can't you see Adrian leaving, do we need to have the sword of Damocles hanging over us in case Allison gets injured again?

Because with everything that's been happening, clubs will not want to be seen spending crazy amounts of money and no point getting rid of half your F***ing squad when you don't need to.

I know you like to knee jerk, but you have to look at this sensibly. We've got a great keeper, we're not gonna spend millions to buy another keeper to sit on the bench.

Adrian will be here next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #41572: May 31, 2020 02:24:00 pm

No player is gonna sign with a club to be just an impact player!

The aim is to buy players that are better than what we have and not just to be impact subs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41573: May 31, 2020 03:59:36 pm
      Because with everything that's been happening, clubs will not want to be seen spending crazy amounts of money and no point getting rid of half your f**king squad when you don't need to.

I know you like to knee jerk, but you have to look at this sensibly. We've got a great keeper, we're not gonna spend millions to buy another keeper to sit on the bench.

Adrian will be here next season.

I know you like to protect all our players from criticism, but realise that there are better options than Adrian, in fact I'd probably rather have Karius back as a reserve than rely on Adrian again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41574: May 31, 2020 04:01:19 pm
      No player is gonna sign with a club to be just an impact player!

The aim is to buy players that are better than what we have and not just to be impact subs.

ROTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  F***ing hell I'm getting a sense of deja vu again here.  Oh  yeah no player will ever come to a club unless guaranteed playing time, which someone should probably tell the players in Bayern Munich and City
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #41575: May 31, 2020 04:25:02 pm
      heimdell., with you on this. As much as I love the old and nostalgic way of having a first eleven. Rotation is a part of the modern game.

Surely Klopp has it right, I’ll buy you and then the player forces himself into the team. If you don’t perform you don’t get in. Worked so far hasn’t it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #41576: Jun 01, 2020 06:24:09 pm
      I know you like to protect all our players from criticism, but realise that there are better options than Adrian, in fact I'd probably rather have Karius back as a reserve than rely on Adrian again.

Yeah that's why Karius is being told to stay away from training!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #41577: Jun 01, 2020 06:25:24 pm
      ROTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  F***ing hell I'm getting a sense of deja vu again here.  Oh  yeah no player will ever come to a club unless guaranteed playing time, which someone should probably tell the players in Bayern Munich and City

I couldn't give a F**k what Bayern or Man City do!!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #41578: Jun 01, 2020 07:07:35 pm
      I couldn't give a f**k what Bayern or Man City do!!

Well said.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41579: Jun 01, 2020 11:54:28 pm
      With German football the only live sports to watch, getting better look at players who names get thrown around like Werner, Sancho, Bailey, Havertz, Brandt, Dahoud etc it feel like Werner ability and style of player would really fill the gap for that extra attacker to rotate/push the front three.

I like Adama Traore, guy is physical beast but I don't think he is good enough goal score to threaten either displace Mane/Salah unlike Werner. I feel the same way with Leon Bailey from Bayer who is quick and tricky player but not the biggest goal threat.

I think getting another pacey attacker should be number one priority in the transfer market then after that will be replacing players who we end up selling.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41580: Jun 02, 2020 01:13:09 am
      I like Adama Traore, guy is physical beast but I don't think he is good enough goal score to threaten either displace Mane/Salah unlike Werner.

Traore is a good player but he's not right for us. He's ideal for a team at the level of Wolves because he has no real competition for his place. The trouble with him is that he is so inconsistent; he will have a couple of games where he will score a few goals or get a few assists but then he will go a long spell having very little impact, he needs a run of 6, 7, 8 games to start to find some consistency again and in a team like us where the demands and competition for places is so high, you can't afford to have that luxury. Not to mention his defensive play isn't anywhere near good enough.

Not saying he isn't a good player or wont get better, but I think there are much better options out there than him and he's found his level at Wolves. A team that are good and can push for a place in the Europa League but no more.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41581: Jun 02, 2020 11:44:44 am
      I couldn't give a f**k what Bayern or Man City do!!

and that's your weakness, it's important to ALWAYS be looking to improve and teams like Bayern and City are the bench mark, the one thing they have in common is incredibly strong squads, ours is massively improved in recent years but there is still room for improvement.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #41582: Jun 03, 2020 05:33:05 pm
      Traore is a good player but he's not right for us.

Too right. These days I only look at expensive players. I have gotten lofty despite the virus. We are going to lift another trophy soon with plans for a bigger stand. Therefore we can afford to acquire better. Just pay it forward and acquire Mbappe now. And Timo was well. I only have eyes for converting the Balloon d'Or list of players into our player. We maybe had 6 in the top 20. Why not make it 10 since we are heading in the right direction.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41583: Jun 03, 2020 06:16:43 pm
      Too right. These days I only look at expensive players. I have gotten lofty despite the virus. We are going to lift another trophy soon with plans for a bigger stand. Therefore we can afford to acquire better. Just pay it forward and acquire Mbappe now. And Timo was well. I only have eyes for converting the Balloon d'Or list of players into our player. We maybe had 6 in the top 20. Why not make it 10 since we are heading in the right direction.

Mbappe won't happen now or ever, just one of those daft stories that keep being churned out as clickbait.

Quick Reply