Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205289 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41584: Jun 03, 2020 07:47:28 pm
      Mbappe won't happen now or ever, just one of those daft stories that keep being churned out as clickbait.

Although I would like it, I agree. It does not mae sense. We're not Madrid or Barca who would spend their money to get the biggest star available.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41585: Jun 03, 2020 10:20:00 pm
      Although I would like it, I agree. It does not mae sense. We're not Madrid or Barca who would spend their money to get the biggest star available.

What itā€™s worth, I think next year is his final year of contract at PSG??

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #41586: Jun 03, 2020 10:37:19 pm
      Mbappe won't happen now or ever, just one of those daft stories that keep being churned out as clickbait.

One of the big two in Spain for him or City at a push if (or should I say when) they wriggle out of their ban.

He's got a soft spot for us no doubt but it's not going to half his wage demands or transfer fee!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41587: Jun 04, 2020 01:46:05 am
      One of the big two in Spain for him or City at a push if (or should I say when) they wriggle out of their ban.

He's got a soft spot for us no doubt but it's not going to half his wage demands or transfer fee!

Wont be Barca who are really feeling the pinch apparently.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41588: Jun 04, 2020 12:13:33 pm
      Mbappe.

Nike.

?

Still no.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41589: Jun 04, 2020 12:47:20 pm

But that depends if Player wages will stay at these over inflated levels, if all clubs are taking a big hit now then perhaps they won't. A correction of player wages is long overdue in all top level sports, its gotten completely out of hand.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41590: Jun 04, 2020 03:38:53 pm
      Wont be Barca who are really feeling the pinch apparently.

It will be Madrid, I'd be willing to bet on it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41591: Jun 04, 2020 06:31:31 pm
      It will be Madrid, I'd be willing to bet on it.

Do they have that much money available, if so how??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41592: Jun 04, 2020 08:12:31 pm
      Sounds like time to close up shop on the transfer related threads. If we don't want (can't) pay 50m for a kid that clearly wanted to come to us, then we aren't going to be doing much business that will excite anyone. Hope the club knows what it's doing. Second summer of no strengthening behind a front three that we are riding into the ground. Love those guys but can't say it instills me with a warm fuzzy feeling about the future, especially with AFCON being a possibility next year.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41593: Jun 04, 2020 09:00:30 pm
      Sounds like time to close up shop on the transfer related threads. If we don't want (can't) pay 50m for a kid that clearly wanted to come to us, then we aren't going to be doing much business that will excite anyone. Hope the club knows what it's doing. Second summer of no strengthening behind a front three that we are riding into the ground. Love those guys but can't say it instills me with a warm fuzzy feeling about the future, especially with AFCON being a possibility next year.

Should close the transfer threads because there's still 9 games left to play of the season and a league title to win!

Anyone crying / worrying about transfers at this moment in time needs to get a grip  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41594: Jun 04, 2020 09:29:03 pm
      Should close the transfer threads because there's still 9 games left to play of the season and a league title to win!

Anyone crying / worrying about transfers at this moment in time needs to get a grip  :lmao:

Not really. If we arenā€™t willing to pay 50m for a world class player thatā€™s probably worth twice that do you really think we are going to push the boat out for someone else this summer? Need I remind you about our business last summer (and that was with a boatload of no money and no Covid)?

I think we are looking at a second straight summer of no significant additions. I hope you are still laughing at me when August comes but Iā€™m not banking on it.

And Iā€™m not crying, just stating my belief that we arenā€™t going to be shopping and that I think itā€™s possibly going to bite us.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #41595: Jun 04, 2020 09:54:19 pm
      Not really. If we arenā€™t willing to pay 50m for a world class player thatā€™s probably worth twice that do you really think we are going to push the boat out for someone else this summer? Need I remind you about our business last summer (and that was with a boatload of no money and no Covid)?

I think we are looking at a second straight summer of no significant additions. I hope you are still laughing at me when August comes but Iā€™m not banking on it.

And Iā€™m not crying, just stating my belief that we arenā€™t going to be shopping and that I think itā€™s possibly going to bite us.

Well last summer is a ridiculous point to bring up, because all the idiots who were pissing the bed about us not signing anybody have been made to completely eat their words due to the fact we're on course to win the league with the highest points total in history.

We've paid Ā£50M+ for players on numerous occasions, just because we haven't paid it for this particular player doesn't mean we won't be spending any money.

If he's so good then why haven't Man City, Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Bayern or Juventus attempted to sign him? I think he'd have chosen any of those over a club which are currently the 4th best team in England. I just think we didn't really want him. And neither did any of the other top clubs in Europe by the looks of it

Confident we'll strengthen for next season and do what's needed. The club have rarely gotten it wrong over the last 5 years so I'm not worried whatsoever, especially at this moment in time, when there's still 9 games to play of the current season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41597: Jun 04, 2020 10:31:52 pm
      Well last summer is a ridiculous point to bring up, because all the idiots who were pissing the bed about us not signing anybody have been made to completely eat their words due to the fact we're on course to win the league with the highest points total in history.

We've paid Ā£50M+ for players on numerous occasions, just because we haven't paid it for this particular player doesn't mean we won't be spending any money.

If he's so good then why haven't Man City, Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Bayern or Juventus attempted to sign him? I think he'd have chosen any of those over a club which are currently the 4th best team in England. I just think we didn't really want him. And neither did any of the other top clubs in Europe by the looks of it

Confident we'll strengthen for next season and do what's needed. The club have rarely gotten it wrong over the last 5 years so I'm not worried whatsoever, especially at this moment in time, when there's still 9 games to play of the current season

What's 9 games got to do with anything? If the season had ended on time that wouldn't have any bearing on this whatsoever (and it doesn't have any bearing).

Yea, last year's lack of activity worked out ok because there wasn't AFCON coming up (which there still could be next year) and we had basically no injuries to our front 3. Still in my opinion was not the best move to not try to strengthen our options for attackers.

Like I said, I hope you are right and I'll eat my words...but so far we've only spent big after we've sold big.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #41598: Jun 04, 2020 10:35:46 pm
      What's 9 games got to do with anything? If the season had ended on time that wouldn't have any bearing on this whatsoever (and it doesn't have any bearing).

Yea, last year's lack of activity worked out ok because there wasn't AFCON coming up (which there still could be next year) and we had basically no injuries to our front 3. Still in my opinion was not the best move to not try to strengthen our options for attackers.

Like I said, I hope you are right and I'll eat my words...but so far we've only spent big after we've sold big.

How about we wait until this season ends and the transfer window opens before the doom and gloom sh*te starts ffs
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41599: Jun 04, 2020 10:39:37 pm

How about we wait until this season ends and the transfer window opens before the doom and gloom sh*te starts ffs
      This deal has to be done soon because the release clause expires soon if I'm not mistaken.

I love how the discourse works on this forum. Because my opinion isn't coming out of your mouth, it's not valid and I should just wait to voice it.

Are there any other rules I need to abide by on here? I wasn't aware that we had to wait until the transfer window opened to discuss transfers (specifically ones that are already going to be completed before the window opens).
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #41600: Jun 04, 2020 10:52:55 pm

9 games to play means exactly that, there's still campaigns to finish all across Europe, bonuses to be paid out etc, which is why there hasn't been any signings for us or anybody else. If this was a normal season we'd still be in March at this stage

You can't jump to the conclusion that we're not going to sign anybody for next season when there's still a quarter of the current season left to play. Nobody else has made any movement yet (apart from Chelsea, although the move in question is yet to be confirmed by either party)

If we complete this season, and still haven't signed anyone by the time we approach the start date for next season (whenever that may be, as there's still no confirmed date for that) then fair enough, but it's way too early to write the club off at this stage 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41601: Jun 04, 2020 11:35:29 pm

Erm the transfer window is open, kind of, and yes if our rivals steal  a brilliant striker from under our noses then we have a right to be pissed off.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #41602: Jun 05, 2020 05:05:57 am
      Erm the transfer window is open, kind of, and yes if our rivals steal  a brilliant striker from under our noses then we have a right to be pissed off.

We didnā€™t even bid for him , no discussions at all between the clubs , he hasnā€™t been stolen from under our noses.

I keep thinking that ā€œinternet fans ā€œ would actually finally understand that the club know what they are doing , if you cant see that over the last couple of seasons then you never will

We are about to win the league and people like you cry arsing because we spend multimillions on a player who wouldnt get in our first 11
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41603: Jun 05, 2020 08:12:27 am
      We didnā€™t even bid for him , no discussions at all between the clubs , he hasnā€™t been stolen from under our noses.

I keep thinking that ā€œinternet fans ā€œ would actually finally understand that the club know what they are doing , if you cant see that over the last couple of seasons then you never will

We are about to win the league and people like you cry arsing because we spend multimillions on a player who wouldnt get in our first 11

If we let Werner go to Chelsea instead of us then no we don't know what we are doing, he is tailor made to our style of play and would fit into the team perfectly. Instead Chelsea, one of our main rivals, gets a fantastic player for just Ā£50m who will be determined to prove us wrong every time he faces us.

We did amazingly well this season mostly because we avoided injury to our front three, there is no guarantee of us being so lucky next season, plus we have AFCON which will take our two main forwards away for a month leaving us with the calibre of Origi and Minamino!
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2020 08:18:14 am by heimdall »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #41604: Jun 05, 2020 08:48:43 am
      If we let Werner go to Chelsea instead of us then no we don't know what we are doing, he is tailor made to our style of play and would fit into the team perfectly. Instead Chelsea, one of our main rivals, gets a fantastic player for just Ā£50m who will be determined to prove us wrong every time he faces us.

We did amazingly well this season mostly because we avoided injury to our front three, there is no guarantee of us being so lucky next season, plus we have AFCON which will take our two main forwards away for a month leaving us with the calibre of Origi and Minamino!

Interesting that you have written off Minamino already , is that the same Origi who is back up and has stepped in and scored important goal after important goal.

So you think we should spend Ā£50plus mil , plus Ā£16mil in wages , plus give his agent Ā£12 mil so that we can have a player in case of injuries and to cover a tournament that is prob going to be postponed anyway

Why is it ā€œluckyā€ that we didnā€™t get injuries - well we did but the manager was able to work with

We never used to care about transfers until someone arrived and even then it wasnā€™t a regular occurence - all that matter was the match and getting the wins. Now because of wet wipes spending most of their days playing consoles football and managerial games they all of sudden want to see multi million signings every summer and if the club doesnā€™t sign someone itā€™s seen as failure for some reason

Last summer we didnā€™t go mad and yet here we are about to win the league - the transfer policy the club has in place works , it has worked over the last 5 years so how come you think you know different ? If the club wanted Werner then he would have arrived at the club - how about we let the experts do the transfer business and we concentrate on celebrating winning the title.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41605: Jun 05, 2020 09:18:56 am

Interesting that you have written off Minamino already , is that the same Origi who is back up and has stepped in and scored important goal after important goal.

So you think we should spend Ā£50plus mil , plus Ā£16mil in wages , plus give his agent Ā£12 mil so that we can have a player in case of injuries and to cover a tournament that is prob going to be postponed anyway

Why is it ā€œluckyā€ that we didnā€™t get injuries - well we did but the manager was able to work with

We never used to care about transfers until someone arrived and even then it wasnā€™t a regular occurence - all that matter was the match and getting the wins. Now because of wet wipes spending most of their days playing consoles football and managerial games they all of sudden want to see multi million signings every summer and if the club doesnā€™t sign someone itā€™s seen as failure for some reason

Last summer we didnā€™t go mad and yet here we are about to win the league - the transfer policy the club has in place works , it has worked over the last 5 years so how come you think you know different ? If the club wanted Werner then he would have arrived at the club - how about we let the experts do the transfer business and we concentrate on celebrating winning the title.

Are you seriously suggesting we should not have any decent cover for our forwards, do you think Citeh are idiots then having Jesus and Sane on the bench or do you equate those players with Orgi? Look I know Origi has a wonderful ability to score important goals for us but lets not kid ourselves, he'd struggle to get a start in most Prem teams. As for Minamino, I hope he comes good but I've seen absolutely F**k all so far to suggest he will, perhaps that's why we were the only club interested in him for that low low price!

I'm sick to death of us always shopping in Poundland whilst our rivals can invest serious money to improve their squads, I'll always cherish the league win this season but I fear it might be a while until the next one because Chelsea will definitely be better next season, as will Citeh and Manure
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #41606: Jun 05, 2020 09:24:57 am
      Are you seriously suggesting we should not have any decent cover for our forwards, do you think Citeh are idiots then having Jesus and Sane on the bench or do you equate those players with Orgi? Look I know Origi has a wonderful ability to score important goals for us but lets not kid ourselves, he'd struggle to get a start in most Prem teams. As for Minamino, I hope he comes good but I've seen absolutely F**k all so far to suggest he will, perhaps that's why we were the only club interested in him for that low low price!

I'm sick to death of us always shopping in Poundland whilst our rivals can invest serious money to improve their squads, I'll always cherish the league win this season but I fear it might be a while until the next one because Chelsea will definitely be better next season, as will Citeh and Manure

Very few clubs will be spending big money this summer and as I said to you a while back we would likely be one of them.

Clubs were worried enough about cashflow that they were going to furlough staff so not surprising we aren't paying the indicated huge fee and wages to buy Werner.

Quick Reply