Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207493 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41607: Jun 05, 2020 09:38:55 am
      Are you seriously suggesting we should not have any decent cover for our forwards, do you think Citeh are idiots then having Jesus and Sane on the bench or do you equate those players with Orgi? Look I know Origi has a wonderful ability to score important goals for us but lets not kid ourselves, he'd struggle to get a start in most Prem teams. As for Minamino, I hope he comes good but I've seen absolutely f**k all so far to suggest he will, perhaps that's why we were the only club interested in him for that low low price!

I'm sick to death of us always shopping in Poundland whilst our rivals can invest serious money to improve their squads, I'll always cherish the league win this season but I fear it might be a while until the next one because Chelsea will definitely be better next season, as will Citeh and Manure

Sane will be leaving and has been injured for 12 months -

How you can compare us to City and the spending power they have is laughable

Were you sick to death when those Poundland signings lifted the CL last year , will you be sick to death when they lift the League

A price of a player is irrelevant- How much was Robbo ?

And writing off Minamino- that just shows the fickle nature of internet fans like you . The club will be better off without your support - you add nothing , you donā€™t get to cherish anything when you do nothing but complain and whinge every step of the way. I have been going to that stadium for 40 years - the likes of you would be thrown out by their ears with your childish demands that the club do it your way.

Wonder how you would have reacted during the 80ā€™s when multi clubs outspent Liverpool on a regular basis

I donā€™t care what other teams spend , I donā€™t care what we spend on a player - I care about the results , I support the club for the players they have not the amount of money they spend
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41608: Jun 05, 2020 09:40:14 am
      Very few clubs will be spending big money this summer and as I said to you a while back we would likely be one of them.

Clubs were worried enough about cashflow that they were going to furlough staff so not surprising we aren't paying the indicated huge fee and wages to buy Werner.

Unfortunately one of the clubs not worried about cashflow will be a major rival to us next season, the addition of Werner and that other lad from Ajax will make Chelsea very very dangerous, especially if they can get Chillwell as well.  BTW what happened to our Ā£60m profit and lack of spending last summer, surely we can afford and extra Ā£14m?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41609: Jun 05, 2020 09:46:07 am

Sane will be leaving and has been injured for 12 months -

How you can compare us to City and the spending power they have is laughable

Were you sick to death when those Poundland signings lifted the CL last year , will you be sick to death when they lift the League

A price of a player is irrelevant- How much was Robbo ?

And writing off Minamino- that just shows the fickle nature of internet fans like you . The club will be better off without your support - you add nothing , you donā€™t get to cherish anything when you do nothing but complain and whinge every step of the way. I have been going to that stadium for 40 years - the likes of you would be thrown out by their ears with your childish demands that the club do it your way.

Wonder how you would have reacted during the 80ā€™s when multi clubs outspent Liverpool on a regular basis

I donā€™t care what other teams spend , I donā€™t care what we spend on a player - I care about the results , I support the club for the players they have not the amount of money they spend

Tiny tiny mind, similar to another part of your anatomy perhaps

You are right I don't live in Liverpool and in your xenophobic myopic mind that makes me inferior, I am after all a foreigner WOOL.

You started off saying we can't compete with Citeh then finished it saying you don't care what other clubs spend, make up your mind please.

I do agree that a price of a player is irrelevant, so why not pay the extra Ā£16m for a player who is perfect for us and wants to come to us?

BTW I've supported this club for a long long time and will support it for a lot more years, you have no power over that or anything else.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #41610: Jun 05, 2020 10:31:16 am
      Unfortunately one of the clubs not worried about cashflow will be a major rival to us next season, the addition of Werner and that other lad from Ajax will make Chelsea very very dangerous, especially if they can get Chillwell as well.  BTW what happened to our Ā£60m profit and lack of spending last summer, surely we can afford and extra Ā£14m?

Who says we can't afford the extra Ā£14m?

Just because we aren't coughing it up doesn't mean can't.

There may be something else in the pipeline, who knows. If there's not, it didn't do us much harm last year.

But settle the F**k down the transfer window hasn't closed, it's barely even opened yet. Though there's little point saying that to you as you'll always find something to F***ing argue over.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41611: Jun 05, 2020 10:45:53 am
      Are you serioI'm sick to death of us always shopping in Poundland whilst our rivals can invest serious money to improve their squads, I'll always cherish the league win this season but I fear it might be a while until the next one because Chelsea will definitely be better next season, as will Citeh and Manure

What makes you think United will be better next season? Especially if that clown is still in charge and they miss out on CL money for yet another year

As for City, they're facing a 2 year European ban and some of their best players have already been laying the groundwork for moves 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41612: Jun 05, 2020 10:49:18 am
      Tiny tiny mind, similar to another part of your anatomy perhaps

You are right I don't live in Liverpool and in your xenophobic myopic mind that makes me inferior, I am after all a foreigner WOOL.

You started off saying we can't compete with Citeh then finished it saying you don't care what other clubs spend, make up your mind please.

I do agree that a price of a player is irrelevant, so why not pay the extra Ā£16m for a player who is perfect for us and wants to come to us?

BTW I've supported this club for a long long time and will support it for a lot more years, you have no power over that or anything else.

If he is that ā€œperfectā€ for us then he would be arriving.

Stop overreacting like a spoilt child just because you donā€™t get your way.

Ask yourself a simple question -

Has our transfer policy over the past 5 years worked - answer should be Yes , so why start dismissing it now ?

Far too many and many the people who follow a club through the Internet act as if the transfer windows are the be all and end all of a season

You have written us off next season, called us lucky this season , written of players who not long arrived at the club , dismissed players who have helped us win trophies -

Thatā€™s not supporting a club in any stretch of the imagination and itā€™s people like you that would strut around when we win things.

You prob like the idea of supporting the club but you donā€™t actually do it and thatā€™s clear as day through the decade or so you have been posting on relevant forums.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #41613: Jun 05, 2020 10:51:53 am
      United  :lmao:  :lmao: With that muppet in charge and de gea in goal earning 350k a week dropping every ball itā€™ll be a long time before they are back
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41614: Jun 05, 2020 10:59:53 am
      Who says we can't afford the extra Ā£14m?

Just because we aren't coughing it up doesn't mean can't.

There may be something else in the pipeline, who knows. If there's not, it didn't do us much harm last year.

But settle the f**k down the transfer window hasn't closed, it's barely even opened yet. Though there's little point saying that to you as you'll always find something to f**king argue over.

Do you think we were interested in Werner or was it all just bullshit? If we were interested, and seeing as his style of play would be perfect for us I find it hard to understand why we wouldn't be, then it comes down to Ā£14m, Chelsea were happy to pay the extra, we weren't, its as simple as that, its a big blunder from us because we will not find as good an attacking option for Ā£50m anywhere else.

Now if we go and sign Mbappe instead and money is no issue then I'll be happy, but we all know that won't happen. No we'll start the new season with the same sh*t backup options in attack and have to pray for no injuries and also pray that AFCON gets cancelled.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41615: Jun 05, 2020 11:00:54 am
      What makes you think United will be better next season? Especially if that clown is still in charge and they miss out on CL money for yet another year

As for City, they're facing a 2 year European ban and some of their best players have already been laying the groundwork for moves 

You may have missed it but Utd already were much better in the months leading up to the suspension of the league, so why do you think they'll become sh*t again?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41616: Jun 05, 2020 11:07:49 am

If he is that ā€œperfectā€ for us then he would be arriving.

Stop overreacting like a spoilt child just because you donā€™t get your way.

Ask yourself a simple question -

Has our transfer policy over the past 5 years worked - answer should be Yes , so why start dismissing it now ?

Far too many and many the people who follow a club through the Internet act as if the transfer windows are the be all and end all of a season

You have written us off next season, called us lucky this season , written of players who not long arrived at the club , dismissed players who have helped us win trophies -

Thatā€™s not supporting a club in any stretch of the imagination and itā€™s people like you that would strut around when we win things.

You prob like the idea of supporting the club but you donā€™t actually do it and thatā€™s clear as day through the decade or so you have been posting on relevant forums.

;D, yeah you're right I don't support the club, 10,000 posts on here clearly proves that doesn't it you superfan you!!

Look I want long term domination, not just a title every 30 years, and to get long term domination you need to continually improve the squad, that means you sign players like Werner when they are available, who would be perfect, certainly more perfect than Origi or Minamino.

I have already celebrated this years remarkable achievement, it was incredible and we were by far the best team, but yes we did have a lot of good fortune, a lot of late winners and wins when we probably didn't deserve them, but all champions have some good fortune along the way.

We must not wallow in that success though, we have to look to the future and I really really hope we have another option besides Werner, but I have the strong suspicion we start next season with Origi and Minamino as our backup forwards and that is simply not good enough
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41617: Jun 05, 2020 11:09:16 am
      United  :lmao:  :lmao: With that muppet in charge and de gea in goal earning 350k a week dropping every ball itā€™ll be a long time before they are back

How about if they get a good manager in and he is allowed to spend a tone of money, as all Utd managers are, they have some very good youngsters in that team, don't discount them so easily, Utd are not as far away as some think.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #41618: Jun 05, 2020 11:14:08 am
      Do you think we were interested in Werner or was it all just bullshit? If we were interested, and seeing as his style of play would be perfect for us I find it hard to understand why we wouldn't be, then it comes down to Ā£14m, Chelsea were happy to pay the extra, we weren't, its as simple as that, its a big blunder from us because we will not find as good an attacking option for Ā£50m anywhere else.

Now if we go and sign Mbappe instead and money is no issue then I'll be happy, but we all know that won't happen. No we'll start the new season with the same sh*t backup options in attack and have to pray for no injuries and also pray that AFCON gets cancelled.

I believe if we really wanted him we would've got him, not because of the owners not wanting to pay an extra 14 million.

If people want to throw that sell to buy sh*te about (though I don't buy into that) then we will get in and around that 50 million mark that Werner would've cost from player sales (Origi, Wilson, Shaq and whoever else)

We've shown we'll pay the big bucks for the right player.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41619: Jun 05, 2020 11:16:42 am
      You may have missed it but Utd already were much better in the months leading up to the suspension of the league, so why do you think they'll become sh*t again?

They were sh*t when the league was suspended. They improved slightly after they signed Fernandes but they're still a poor side and quite a way off posing any kind of threat

They're not somebody we need to be looking over our shoulder at
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41620: Jun 05, 2020 11:21:04 am
      I believe if we really wanted him we would've got him, not because of the owners not wanting to pay an extra 14 million.

If people want to throw that sell to buy sh*te about (though I don't buy into that) then we will get in and around that 50 million mark that Werner would've cost from player sales (Origi, Wilson, Shaq and whoever else)

We've shown we'll pay the big bucks for the right player.

That's a fair point, perhaps it as just media bullshit and we wee not that interested or we are after someone else, it certainly seems insane that we miss out on price as Ā£50m for Werner seems insanely good value.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41621: Jun 05, 2020 11:26:09 am
      We have been incredibly lucky regarding the fitness of the front three. I have to be honest Origi simply is not good enough if needed to play regularly.

I feel we should of signed Werner, and the fact that we have not is a slight cause for concern.

We were of supposed to of had nearly 100 mil for recruitment even before we sold the little Brazilian, have people forgot about that?.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #41622: Jun 05, 2020 01:01:57 pm
      They were sh*t when the league was suspended. They improved slightly after they signed Fernandes but they're still a poor side and quite a way off posing any kind of threat

Spot on, 37 points behind us
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41623: Jun 05, 2020 04:29:27 pm
      Anyone who thinks a team wins 27 of 29 matches in the world's most competitive league by being lucky...just needs to stop and think.

We're this good because of superior team-building, superior coaching, superior learning, superior work ethic and ultimately, superior playing.

No luck involved.

If that doesn't inform the way you look at news involving our team, I don't know what the point of the discussion is.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #41624: Jun 05, 2020 09:43:39 pm
      People talking about us being lucky is silly. I think we've been as lucky / unlucky as anyone else. We've had injuries to key players (Ali, Naby, etc.) In all honesty I think if we can get a bit of luck with Naby and he stays healthy we could really see us hit another level. I also think when Mini gets up to speed your going to see another dynamic aswell. Do we need new players in certain positions? Sure. LB cover is key. We will lose some guys aswell. Would a new front 3 guy be nice to push the others have great cover? Yup.

Let's wait and see how the market goes and let's trust in a organization that's brought us 3 trophies in the last year and another on the way. And let's also remember how good we are now and that we still have room to improve.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #41625: Jun 05, 2020 10:01:24 pm
      Anyone who thinks a team wins 27 of 29 matches in the world's most competitive league by being lucky...just needs to stop and think.

We're this good because of superior team-building, superior coaching, superior learning, superior work ethic and ultimately, superior playing.

No luck involved.

If that doesn't inform the way you look at news involving our team, I don't know what the point of the discussion is.

To play devils advocate, we have been lucky as weā€™ve not seen our front three miss much time and theyā€™ve played extraordinarily heavy minutes. City was unlucky with some injuries in key positions if Iā€™m not mistaken and it showed in their results. Iā€™m happy with our transfers for the most part but I am concerned that we rely much too heavily on our front 3 always being healthy and never slumping. I donā€™t think itā€™s ridiculous to question when is the right time to start thinking about building for a life beyond Mane, Salah and Firmino either. They arenā€™t getting any younger and who knows how long they will continue to play at a high level (all of them together). I hope they all retire together from LFC in 10 years at the top of their game, but Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s very likely, so it wouldnā€™t hurt my feelings to take advantage of a good deal when it presents itself.

Iā€™m selfish enough that I donā€™t want to see any other team (especially a direct rival) even think they are getting a leg up on us by signing one of our targets. I know we canā€™t sign every player out there but after a quiet summer last year, this seemed to be the target that was a sure thing and by all accounts Klopp had already sold him on coming here. I get that Covid changes things for us but damn....sell a few of the surplus players and 50m becomes 25 or 30 real quick and at that price itā€™s literally a no brainer.

And it burns my ass that Chelsea are going to get a player that they donā€™t deserve and that we do.

Sorry but thatā€™s my opinion and I wonā€™t waiver from it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41626: Jun 05, 2020 10:38:18 pm

Am I right in saying we actually extended the lead over them by a point or 2 in the time that they apparently started playing well and Fernandes being the almighty saviour?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 38 
      Reply #41627: Jun 06, 2020 07:24:03 am
      I canā€™t believe how people are being on here, come on!!!. We are about to win the league ffs. I was excited about the possibility of Werner. I thought he would have been a great addition, however Iā€™ve learned to respect and trust the decisions Klopp and his team makes. Was I excited about Mane?. Was I excited about Salah?. At the time I was thinking failed winger at Chelsea, decent ish player at the Saints. How Iā€™ve been educated.
      If Werner wasnā€™t the right way to go, he wasnā€™t the right way to go. For me it means the front three are not going anywhere, and if one of them are we have someone else lined up. Werner has set the German league alight. Maybe he wanted to be number One. We all know, under Klopp itā€™s a team rather than 11 Stars. Iā€™m not bothered in the slightest, just want to get the PL in the bank and look forward.
      After what has been a really tough time for everyone Iā€™m looking forward to seeing OUR club lifting that F***ing trophy, we are the best team in the world. I truly believe that, whoā€™s built that??. I trust his judgement beyond anyone else. If heā€™d wanted Werner the club would have got him. If he wanted an extra 50 k a week then heā€™s not a Klopp player is he. Heā€™d have got it eventually when heā€™d proved himself like others have and will. Let the Chavs pay the extra, there will be a good reason he isnā€™t coming here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41628: Jun 06, 2020 09:38:21 am

No luck involved.

And anyone who thinks we achieved all that on skill alone is similarly deluded. We have been and are a superb team but we have also had plenty of good fortune this season as most champions do, you earn your luck as the saying goes.
      This doesn't mean we can't improve and the two key areas for me are reserve goalie and a genuine forward option to push our current three. Mane, Salah and Firminio know they will be picked if fit, irrespective of how sh*t they play and that's never good.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41629: Jun 06, 2020 09:44:16 am
      I canā€™t believe how people are being on here, come on!!!. We are about to win the league ffs. I was excited about the possibility of Werner. I thought he would have been a great addition, however Iā€™ve learned to respect and trust the decisions Klopp and his team makes. Was I excited about Mane?. Was I excited about Salah?. At the time I was thinking failed winger at Chelsea, decent ish player at the Saints. How Iā€™ve been educated.
      If Werner wasnā€™t the right way to go, he wasnā€™t the right way to go. For me it means the front three are not going anywhere, and if one of them are we have someone else lined up. Werner has set the German league alight. Maybe he wanted to be number One. We all know, under Klopp itā€™s a team rather than 11 Stars. Iā€™m not bothered in the slightest, just want to get the PL in the bank and look forward.
      After what has been a really tough time for everyone Iā€™m looking forward to seeing OUR club lifting that f**king trophy, we are the best team in the world. I truly believe that, whoā€™s built that??. I trust his judgement beyond anyone else. If heā€™d wanted Werner the club would have got him. If he wanted an extra 50 k a week then heā€™s not a Klopp player is he. Heā€™d have got it eventually when heā€™d proved himself like others have and will. Let the Chavs pay the extra, there will be a good reason he isnā€™t coming here.

If Werner wasn't the right way to go then why was Klopp chatting with him convincing him to come here. Despite our recent success we got out muscled by a rival for our top target, that sucks!

Quick Reply