Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [League Cup] Thu 1st Oct @ 7:45 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of October and on this date LFC's match record is P34 W16 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2824939 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,813 posts | 3051 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41650: Jan 29, 2020 01:58:04 pm
      Not sure I agree mate, he's not as prolific as previous two seasons but teams generally set up to defend against us and get 2/3 players onto him as soon as he gets anywhere near the box. Bobby's winner against Wolves was a good case - Salah had three defenders onto him and ball finally falls to Bobby whilst Salah keeps others busy. It's a sign of his class that he still manages to come up with some pretty fine finishes - looks to be on set to hit 20+ again.

It's also a testament to the system Klopp has set up - it's not a coincidence in my opinion that we have one of the front three coming up with a winner almost every game now. It's less about form and more about the system. There is a lot of supply from the full backs and there is no way opposition can put two players onto each of the front three. We're not as prolific as some other teams, but they sacrifice midfield defensive set up for more attacking creativity. Our midfield is designed primarily to protect CBs giving FBs a free reign.

I have absolutely no complaints, we're still creating a lot of chances and that record of one draw only is unbelievable. I do agree there is always room for improvement, and for me that is to bring in young but potential world class competition to keep things fresh. Only ready made world class player I would consider bringing in would be Mbappe, who seems to have a top attitude and a selfless drive - unlike the other over-priced pr*ck in that team.

Salah for me is doing an incredible job though mate.

Sorry to pick out just a couple of bits from a good post, but for me this gets to the heart of the matter.

I reckon TAA gets nowhere near the amount of assists, if the oppositions left side players are not all piling onto Salah, leaving TAA plenty of time and space to pick a pass or cross.

The same happens with Mane on our left, but to a slightly lesser extent, which shows that opposition managers consider Salah the greater threat.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,177 posts | 4632 
      Reply #41651: Jan 30, 2020 09:37:18 am
      Its statement like this "and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are" which irritate me a bit. Clearly the Man City front three is more potent as they have scored more goals than us, what has been saving us for a lot of games this season is our rock solid defence and amazing team ethic and will to win.

Yet we're top having won more games. Go figure!!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #41652: Jan 30, 2020 10:43:36 am
      Yet we're top having won more games. Go figure!!

There is no yet, I explained why we are top, our defence and team ethic.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,810 posts | 1644 
      Reply #41653: Jan 30, 2020 11:38:15 am

Its everything. Attack, midfield, defence, keeper. City may have more goals by smashing the sh*te in the league for 4s and 5s, but when theyve needed a goal to win by 1 have failed to do it.

This team always finds a way, and our way results in less goals conceded and more wins as a result.

We defend from the front and we dont have flair players like the Silvas and De Bruynes in midfield. What we do have though is a midfield that controls every game we play. Including against them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41654: Jan 30, 2020 01:23:34 pm

No, we are top because we’ve scored more winning goals. Simple.

It’s down to the entire team, we went about 11 games without a clean sheet and with plenty of 2-1 wins, that’s hardly down to purely the defence is it.

The keeper, the defence, the midfield and the attack are all the reason why we are top. The defending starts from the forwards and the attacking starts from the back.

All well and good saying City have a better attack because they’ve scored more goals. Only just ahead of us and it’s stats heavily skewed by an 8-0 win.
      Leicester had more goals scored than us and less conceded at one point, again skewed by a 9-0 win. Or does that that mean their defence and attack was better than ours?
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2020 01:27:43 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,225 posts | 1659 
      Reply #41655: Jan 30, 2020 02:38:21 pm

It’s down to the entire team, we went about 11 games without a clean sheet and with plenty of 2-1 wins, that’s hardly down to purely the defence is it.

The keeper, the defence, the midfield and the attack are all the reason why we are top. The defending starts from the forwards and the attacking starts from the back.

All well and good saying City have a better attack because they’ve scored more goals. Only just ahead of us and it’s stats heavily skewed by an 8-0 win.
      Leicester had more goals scored than us and less conceded at one point, again skewed by a 9-0 win. Or does that that mean their defence and attack was better than ours?

Good post.

Just to add, and I know you know this, none of it happens without the manager.

So are we transferring anybody in this summer?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,970 posts | 2601 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41656: Jan 30, 2020 03:06:06 pm
      Its statement like this "and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are" which irritate me a bit. Clearly the Man City front three is more potent as they have scored more goals than us, what has been saving us for a lot of games this season is our rock solid defence and amazing team ethic and will to win.
      To say our front three can't do better is a bit silly when most neutral observers point to the fact that we don't seem as potent this year as in other seasons, now does that really matter, well obviously not so far, but is there room for improvement yes absolutely.

There is not a single player in the City front 3 that I'd swap for Mane, Firmino or Salah.
      Their contributions to the team's game go far beyond their goals and assists.
      Even if you used only those metrics I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone.

Sancho in the summer? Absolutely.
      At the cost of shipping out Salah? No chance.

Origi, Shaqiri might find they move on though.
      A interchangeable front 4 of Mane, Firmino, Salah & Sancho.
      That would be the next level.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,779 posts | 3802 
      Reply #41657: Jan 30, 2020 03:37:52 pm
      Bild saying Leverkeusen are awaiting a bid from us for Havertz. Not likely if he’s going to cost north of £130m

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #41658: Jan 30, 2020 05:24:57 pm

Just means we haven't had an 8-0 win, yet! 😊
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #41659: Jan 30, 2020 05:27:50 pm
      There is not a single player in the City front 3 that I'd swap for Mane, Firmino or Salah.
      Their contributions to the team's game go far beyond their goals and assists.
      Even if you used only those metrics I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone.

Sancho in the summer? Absolutely.
      At the cost of shipping out Salah? No chance.

Origi, Shaqiri might find they move on though.
      A interchangeable front 4 of Mane, Firmino, Salah & Sancho.
      That would be the next level.

I'd take Sterling and Aguero in a heartbeat, as good as Mane and Salah are I think those 2 are better in every respect, but then it's a bit hard to judge as City play a more direct style to us.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,982 posts | 999 
      Reply #41660: Jan 30, 2020 05:39:12 pm
      I'd take Sterling and Aguero in a heartbeat, as good as Mane and Salah are I think those 2 are better in every respect, but then it's a bit hard to judge as City play a more direct style to us.
      You would seriously take Stirling over Mane , ?
      That’s what’s great about football differing opinions , but there’s not a snow balls chance in hell it take that arm flapping git over Mane
      Nooooo wayyyyy .
      I also think Salah does a lot more work for the team in general than Agüero does for his .
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #41661: Jan 30, 2020 05:52:21 pm
      You would seriously take Stirling over Mane , ?
      That’s what’s great about football differing opinions , but there’s not a snow balls chance in hell it take that arm flapping git over Mane
      Nooooo wayyyyy .
      I also think Salah does a lot more work for the team in general than Agüero does for his .

Oh don't misunderstand, I don't like Sterling or Aguero but I think they are a little bit better, not much in it though and Salah, Bobby and Mane are fantastic.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,634 posts | 273 
      Reply #41662: Jan 30, 2020 07:10:45 pm
      Bild saying Leverkeusen are awaiting a bid from us for Havertz. Not likely if he’s going to cost north of £130m

Definitely need to break our transfer record. Not at all likely, yep! Strongly believe we'll continue our tradition of nabbing a gem from one of the relegated teams and get Emi Buendia from Norwich, esp with Shaq and Lallana leaving. A left footed attacking mid, great on the ball and better off it, he ticks the boxes just like Takumi. In fact, I think Takumi and Emi will be our back-up inverted forwards for next season, with possibly Werner added to the attack.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #41663: Jan 30, 2020 07:22:31 pm

For all the hype about Sterling. He has about 1 goal in near on 10 games and is far from first choice now. His performances have massively dropped to way below the level our lads have been at. Mahrez has virtually taken his place.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #41664: Jan 30, 2020 07:48:05 pm
      Oh don't misunderstand, I don't like Sterling or Aguero but I think they are a little bit better, not much in it though and Salah, Bobby and Mane are fantastic.

Clueless  :mad:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #41665: Jan 30, 2020 08:41:08 pm

Good debate and conversation as usual, sigh!
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41666: Jan 30, 2020 08:41:12 pm
      For all the hype about Sterling. He has about 1 goal in near on 10 games and is far from first choice now. His performances have massively dropped to way below the level our lads have been at. Mahrez has virtually taken his place.

Not to mention he doesn't do half the actual work that Sadio does in terms of tracking, defending and recovering; for my bit Mane is the best all around of the three.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,946 posts | 2517 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41667: Jan 30, 2020 08:48:30 pm
      I think Sadio Mané is the absolute best and he's my favourite player in the world but that's a odd thing to say of Sterling, it's January and he's scored 20 goals already, his 3rd season in a row scoring 20 or more. Yeah a bit of a dry patch, happens to the best. He's a fantastic player. We're 19 points at the top, leave the bitterness to the blues.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #41668: Jan 30, 2020 08:54:42 pm
      Good debate and conversation as usual, sigh!

What’s the point of adding anything else when you are always the complete opposite of the general feeling - you clearly want to be contraversial in regards your opinion it’s clearly just trolling or being clueless

You must be the only Liverpool fan who would take Sterling over Mane or Salah but then you need to keep up your opinion about Salah despite him showing how wrong you are about him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #41669: Jan 30, 2020 09:02:09 pm

I think Sadio Mané is the absolute best and he's my favourite player in the world but that's a odd thing to say of Sterling, it's January and he's scored 20 goals already, his 3rd season in a row scoring 20 or more. Yeah a bit of a dry patch, happens to the best. He's a fantastic player. We're 19 points at the top, leave the bitterness to the blues.

There is no bitterness about it. In the league this season he has 11 goals so far and 3 of them came in the opening game of the season, he has managed just 2 assists so far too compared to near on 20 in the league for each of the last 3 seasons. Yes he has 20 goals in all comps but the majority of them came quite early on in the season. Looking at the comments from City fans on him, they are half expecting him to fall behind Sane as well as Mahrez in the pecking order.

His form has massively dipped over the last 2-3 months. It’s not bitterness saying it, it’s just how it is. If it wasn’t like that then Pep would be playing him much more than he has been lately.
      I have said plenty of times last season and the season before when he was hitting 20+ goals and 20+ assists how it would have been good if we got to get that from him.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,558 posts | 1541 
      Reply #41670: Jan 30, 2020 09:04:45 pm

Ha, I don't think Pep would even agree with you on this one.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,810 posts | 1644 
      Reply #41671: Jan 31, 2020 11:24:07 am
      TDD and nobody could give a f**k.

Fantastic position to be in while the rest scramble about for loans and short term solutions.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 11:49:25 am by fields of anny rd »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,868 posts | 3325 
      Reply #41672: Jan 31, 2020 11:45:50 am

There is no bitterness about it. In the league this season he has 11 goals so far and 3 of them came in the opening game of the season, he has managed just 2 assists so far too compared to near on 20 in the league for each of the last 3 seasons. Yes he has 20 goals in all comps but the majority of them came quite early on in the season. Looking at the comments from City fans on him, they are half expecting him to fall behind Sane as well as Mahrez in the pecking order.

His form has massively dipped over the last 2-3 months. It’s not bitterness saying it, it’s just how it is. If it wasn’t like that then Pep would be playing him much more than he has been lately.
      I have said plenty of times last season and the season before when he was hitting 20+ goals and 20+ assists how it would have been good if we got to get that from him.

It's got to the stage where teams now try to mark Stirling out of the game, in itself a good thing because the opportunity for free kicks and penalties in that scenario can only be an advantage.

Much like the Suarez days until his vampire lapses.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,810 posts | 1644 
      Reply #41673: Jan 31, 2020 03:16:02 pm

They arent better at all. Aguero is going to end up in the Argentina league in about 2 years time, and Raheem shoots like a f**king girl in anything about 8 yards out. His goals are mainly on a plate from De Bruyne and he still misses them too. Sterling feeds off of the players City have, I dont think he could drag them to results like Mane does with us. That's always been my opinion of Raheem, he was very young with us, but it was Suarez and Sturridge who he fed off the back of here.

Messing about you, admit it!
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 03:26:29 pm by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4330 
      Reply #41674: Jan 31, 2020 10:03:14 pm
      just flicked on to SKY Sport what a joke this has become now its like having a Party but nobody brings the booze. UTD loaning an ex Watford player from China now that will really appease the faithful.

Quick Reply