Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Sat 16th May @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 4th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2679579 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 628 posts | 188 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41675: Feb 02, 2020 11:06:28 am
      How many of our wins have been last minute and how many narrow 1 goal wins, the point is that there is room for improvement and all teams should always look to improve.

So let me get this right, City have the better strikers than us, they play more direct football than us  and they put teams to bed earlier than us...................... yet we are top by some margin and they are second, hmmmm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4325 
      Reply #41676: Feb 02, 2020 02:26:42 pm

So let me get this right, City have the better strikers than us, they play more direct football than us  and they put teams to bed earlier than us...................... yet we are top by some margin and they are second, hmmmm

22 more points and they need to score 7 and concede none to match our Goal difference mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,414 posts | 1359 
      Reply #41677: Feb 03, 2020 01:13:58 am
      22 more points and they need to score 7 and concede none to match our Goal difference mate.

If that makes us 2nd best I guess we want to be 2nd best then

(and champions of England, Europe, The World).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,313 posts | 3801 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41678: Feb 03, 2020 07:49:03 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,764 posts | 2254 
      Reply #41679: Feb 03, 2020 09:25:29 am

sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, f**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

I maintain that City are a better attacking unit than us but overall we are clearly the superior team, as the league table shows.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,485 posts | 1560 
      Reply #41680: Feb 03, 2020 09:44:33 am
      sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, f**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

I maintain that City are a better attacking unit than us but overall we are clearly the superior team, as the league table shows.

Because ultimately pal it's bollocks. Take a pop over to the blue moon where they are slagging off Sterling for the worst run of form of his City career and worrying about replacing Aguero long term.

All of a sudden City are now looking like a squad in need of a bit of an overhaul, with FPP investigations and questions on the legality of their sponsorship deals still ongoing.

Man city have an expected goals number that is 20 higher than what they actually have managed to score. They have been very wasteful this season, whereas ours is 6 goals above expected for the chances created.

City have a more creative midfield but that comes at a cost for them in that unless they commit tactical fouls when they lose it, theres little protection for their defence.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2020 09:56:52 am by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4325 
      Reply #41681: Feb 03, 2020 10:14:01 am

didn't they score 6 in one game and yet they have only scored 5 more than us hardly better attacking unit and haven't scored in th elast two games but keep digging the hole must be quite deep by now
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,764 posts | 2254 
      Reply #41682: Feb 03, 2020 10:57:33 am
      Because ultimately pal it's bollocks. Take a pop over to the blue moon where they are slagging off Sterling for the worst run of form of his City career and worrying about replacing Aguero long term.

All of a sudden City are now looking like a squad in need of a bit of an overhaul, with FPP investigations and questions on the legality of their sponsorship deals still ongoing.

Man city have an expected goals number that is 20 higher than what they actually have managed to score. They have been very wasteful this season, whereas ours is 6 goals above expected for the chances created.

City have a more creative midfield but that comes at a cost for them in that unless they commit tactical fouls when they lose it, theres little protection for their defence.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Man City in full flow attacking mode is sensational to watch, we are very very good ourselves but they are a different dimension when it all clicks.
      However that attacking flair comes at a cost because if teams are brave and counter attack them then they are vulnerable, I think this is what we are seeing this season. We on the other hand are just solid throughout the team, we have an excellent attack, very good midfield and superb defensive unit which makes us one of the best teams I have ever seen.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,764 posts | 2254 
      Reply #41683: Feb 03, 2020 11:00:04 am
      didn't they score 6 in one game and yet they have only scored 5 more than us hardly better attacking unit and haven't scored in th elast two games but keep digging the hole must be quite deep by now

oh for God's sake are you on a wind up or just a bit dim? I'm sure you are aware that Goal difference is calculated as goals scored minus goals conceded? They have scored more than us but have also let in more than us, hence why the goal difference is in our favour because our DEFENCE is better.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 825 posts | 507 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41684: Feb 03, 2020 11:12:51 am

Depends what you class as a good attacking unit. They create a lot of chances but miss so many, they're one of the most wasteful teams I have seen in front of goal.

We're a much more clinical side than they are and would say we're a better attacking unit. No point creating chances if you're not going to score them
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,485 posts | 1560 
      Reply #41685: Feb 03, 2020 11:21:12 am
      We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Man City in full flow attacking mode is sensational to watch, we are very very good ourselves but they are a different dimension when it all clicks.
      However that attacking flair comes at a cost because if teams are brave and counter attack them then they are vulnerable, I think this is what we are seeing this season. We on the other hand are just solid throughout the team, we have an excellent attack, very good midfield and superb defensive unit which makes us one of the best teams I have ever seen.

Correct, and if you take Firmino out for Aguero then the whole thing changes and straight away we become less solid. Klopp has created a winning machine, with each cog working with each other immaculately.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,239 posts | 3581 
      Reply #41686: Feb 03, 2020 01:32:11 pm
      Reddy wrote an article about our summer transfer business. Essentially, probably won't be much unless something weird happens and one of our front three decide to leave. They want to tie Allison and Virgil to new long term deals, they rate Havertz about half of what the rest of the world seems to think he's worth so they won't even entertain him unless they could get him for the right price.

Mbappe, no.

Sancho...probably also a no.

They are only looking to strengthen where needed and only with transfers if our own youngsters can't fill the gaps.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,485 posts | 1560 
      Reply #41687: Feb 03, 2020 03:48:06 pm
      Truth is with the signing of Minamino theres not a lot of gaps left to fill.

If we wanted to sell Lovren then we may need another CB, which just makes me feel like we should just keep him if he wants to stay. Not great, but 4th choice CBs rarely are.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,914 posts | 2545 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41688: Feb 03, 2020 03:59:48 pm
      Would like to see a LB/CB addition made.
      Someone in the mould of Gomez that's young and could cover at both positions.

Other than that:
      If the money is there, go for Sancho.
      Otherwise replace whoever decides to move on whether it's Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana, Lovren.
      The route to arriving at this squad has been built on constantly addressing the weakest links.
      There aren't many of those areas left. LB cover and then everything else is probably outgoing dependant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,239 posts | 3581 
      Reply #41689: Feb 03, 2020 04:40:14 pm

The route to arriving at this squad has been built on constantly addressing the weakest links.

Just picking this part out but that's exactly what she alluded to in her article. They aren't going to throw away their standard of transfers just because they can. They've built this team a certain way and will likely continue to do so. The Coutinho transfer was a bit of a surprise so they hadn't really prepared for that, but that won't happen again. They will spend big if they see the player as a day one starter that's addresses an immediate need and is a generational talent (Virgil, Allison) but in general, they aren't going to splash out huge sums for players that might not make the starting 11 (Werner, Havertz, etc....). Klopp has built this team to be able to be sustained and they want to evaluate our own youth prospects (similar to Trent) first and foremost before going out and buying someone just for backup. It's great to be where we are, but it will make the transfer window a bit boring (but maybe that's a good thing...look at how poorly our rivals have spent the last few years).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4325 
      Reply #41690: Feb 03, 2020 06:34:10 pm
      oh for God's sake are you on a wind up or just a bit dim? I'm sure you are aware that Goal difference is calculated as goals scored minus goals conceded? They have scored more than us but have also let in more than us, hence why the goal difference is in our favour because our DEFENCE is better.

your medication is wearing off time for another dose. Go and see if you can look at the numbers and then ask an adult to explain them to you. Or better still go onto Blue Moon you will feel at home there with all the other nutters
      they have scored 5 more goals than us and beat Villa 6=1 so one game makes them this season long attacking force that we cant compete with . Come back when you understand football.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,469 posts | 343 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41691: Feb 03, 2020 09:14:22 pm
      Just seen the funniest rumour I think in a while.

VVD to Juve for £150m, yeah arguably the best player in the world for £150m haha.

Wouldn't sell him for any amount but £150m haha, good one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,069 posts | 4281 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41692: Feb 03, 2020 09:47:14 pm
      Just seen the funniest rumour I think in a while.

VVD to Juve for £150m, yeah arguably the best player in the world for £150m haha.

Wouldn't sell him for any amount but £150m haha, good one.

It's from the rag.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,469 posts | 343 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41693: Feb 03, 2020 09:49:16 pm

Saw it off an IG post, accounts called Sporf. But makes more sense now.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,670 posts | 397 
      Reply #41694: Feb 07, 2020 06:20:03 pm
      Would definitely  have a sneaky pop at Martinelli no Brazilian influence at Anfield could work going to be a good un
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,287 posts | 1190 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #41695: Feb 10, 2020 06:47:23 pm
      sms1986
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 280 
      Reply #41696: Feb 10, 2020 06:56:58 pm

They've got the story from the shitrag, it's all rubbish anyway - even if we considered selling him, it would be for a lot more than 75m.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,404 posts | 101 
      Reply #41697: Feb 12, 2020 10:51:32 pm
      They've got the story from the shitrag, it's all rubbish anyway - even if we considered selling him, it would be for a lot more than 75m.

Considering Bobby is more crucial to our team than Coutinho was, £75M needs doubling.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #41698: Feb 13, 2020 01:18:00 am
      Someone getting early on April fools!
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,748 posts | 530 
      Reply #41699: Feb 13, 2020 07:52:38 am
      Considering Bobby is more crucial to our team than Coutinho was, £75M needs doubling.
      Anyone see the guy on Talksport who said that Firmino is better than both Bergkamp and Cantona?

Quick Reply