Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199455 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41653: Jun 08, 2020 05:26:27 am
      Ok, I'm always looking at our rivals, I guess we are just different in that way. For example I think Chelsea are going to be right up their next season with their recruits and if Citeh don't have CL then they'll be stronger as well.

Chelsea would need some defenders to trouble us.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #41654: Jun 08, 2020 06:20:49 am
      Although it's frustrating, I think we need to accept Werner is not the player we'll get. If Klopp says we cannot afford him, we can't. It's Werner's los, not ours. Upsetting the wage structure in this uncertain times would be a silly idea and I think Klopp and the managing team have already shortlisted interesting alternatives. Getting another player like Salah, Mane and Firmino - that is a good player who is not on other teams' radar -, is possible. We've made it and it can  happen again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41655: Jun 08, 2020 09:43:39 am
      Chelsea would need some defenders to trouble us.

True, but if they get Chilwell and a new CB then they could really start to become dangerous, they'll certainly be bloody scary in attack next season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41656: Jun 08, 2020 11:16:03 am
      Abramovich not holding back the last few days - first Werner, and now he's apparently dropped 120M on Edvard Munch's famous "The Scream" painting!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41657: Jun 08, 2020 11:40:36 am
      Abramovich not holding back the last few days - first Werner, and now he's apparently dropped 120M on Edvard Munch's famous "The Scream" painting!

There are 4 versions of the picture. Apparently he wasn't the one who bought it though and it was actually £95m not £120m
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41658: Jun 08, 2020 11:50:18 am
      True, but if they get Chilwell and a new CB then they could really start to become dangerous, they'll certainly be bloody scary in attack next season.

They still have Lampard as their manager though. Did he pull up trees at Derby, I'm not to sure. First season at Chelsea and his performance will be heavily judged by if they qualify for the Champions league.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41659: Jun 08, 2020 02:10:46 pm
      There are 4 versions of the picture. Apparently he wasn't the one who bought it though and it was actually £95m not £120m

You're probably right - only a few people saying it on Twitter which isn't the best source

I think the 120 Million was the price in dollars, so 95M GBP sounds about right
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #41660: Jun 08, 2020 04:30:20 pm

That centre-back role sorted then!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41661: Jun 08, 2020 05:11:36 pm

Chilwell is no better than Alonso.

They will be a threat on paper in attack, however it doesn’t always quite work out that way and it may not again. So far Pulisic has been a disappointment apart from a 3 game spell and Hudson Odoi is showing little signs of improvement as the season went on, likewise Abraham was dropping off too. Ziyech and Werner have potential to be big hits, but they won’t come to much if they perform to the level of Pulisic and Odoi.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #41662: Jun 08, 2020 05:41:15 pm
      I haven't heard all of the interview but obviously Klopp has come out and talked about the financial situation and the longer-term impact of covid on transfers & income more generally. However, I think if he really wanted Werner he could probably have him. We spent big on VVD, on Allison and on Keita and the club (and the board) have reaped the benefits of backing him in the transfer market). He has also talked in the past about back-up players and the potential difficulties of sitting behind an entrenched front 3 (and more specifically about why the club should not panic buy to replace an injured player and asked what about when the injured player returns) I think on balance he would have weighed everything up i.e. potential financial pressures, perhaps the need to spend on other positions, the potential unhappiness of the player coming in should he fail to wrestle minutes from our incumbent front 3 and I also strongly suspect he has faith in Minamino and young Curtis Jones to contribute in 2020-21.

I'm not going to lie and say i'm not disappointed we won't be signing Werner but let's not forget we haven't finished this season yet and we don't even know what the next transfer window even looks like or when it will even close. Whatever happens I think we'll have a very strong side/squad and be right up there again challenging for the League and Champions League.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #41663: Jun 08, 2020 06:49:36 pm
      I've got a feeling we will wait and see what sort of bargains we can get out of the transfer window.  A lot of smaller clubs will be forced into selling players just to balance the books.  Furthermore, we won't be seeing clubs like Everton and West Ham shelling out 50M+ on players this summer, so the clubs who need to sell to balance the books will have fewer options and will likely have to accept low ball offers in some cases.  I expect to see LFC looking to buy young players on bargain fees and maybe even loan them straight back to their current clubs.  Let's be honest -- we don't really need much improvement for the first team as it stands today.  What we need is to get some players lined up who can succeed the likes of Milner, Hendo, Firmino, Mane, etc in about 2-3 years.  Buying a handful of young talents on the cheap and loaning them back to clubs where they are already comfortable so they can continue to develop seems to make sense. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41664: Jun 08, 2020 09:35:47 pm
      I haven't heard all of the interview but obviously Klopp has come out and talked about the financial situation and the longer-term impact of covid on transfers & income more generally. However, I think if he really wanted Werner he could probably have him. We spent big on VVD, on Allison and on Keita and the club (and the board) have reaped the benefits of backing him in the transfer market). He has also talked in the past about back-up players and the potential difficulties of sitting behind an entrenched front 3 (and more specifically about why the club should not panic buy to replace an injured player and asked what about when the injured player returns) I think on balance he would have weighed everything up i.e. potential financial pressures, perhaps the need to spend on other positions, the potential unhappiness of the player coming in should he fail to wrestle minutes from our incumbent front 3 and I also strongly suspect he has faith in Minamino and young Curtis Jones to contribute in 2020-21.

I'm not going to lie and say i'm not disappointed we won't be signing Werner but let's not forget we haven't finished this season yet and we don't even know what the next transfer window even looks like or when it will even close. Whatever happens I think we'll have a very strong side/squad and be right up there again challenging for the League and Champions League.

People seem to have forgotten about Minamino.

OK, he wasn't pulling up trees or anything in his first few games, and it's been a strange introduction to the club and English football in general, but we know it takes time for players to settle in and get "Klopp'd".

Hopefuilly he has a solid end to the season, and starts to bed in properly.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #41665: Jun 08, 2020 10:34:48 pm
      People seem to have forgotten about Minamino.

OK, he wasn't pulling up trees or anything in his first few games, and it's been a strange introduction to the club and English football in general, but we know it takes time for players to settle in and get "Klopp'd".

Hopefuilly he has a solid end to the season, and starts to bed in properly.

Yes mate you only have to look at Fabinho and Robbo, both players waited months to properly breakthrough and now look at them. Hopefully we are tooling about Minamino in the same way in 12 months time
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41666: Jun 08, 2020 10:51:48 pm
      Chelsea apparently bid £75mil for Havertz now too...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #41667: Jun 08, 2020 10:56:44 pm
      Jürgen Klopp was told Liverpool could not afford Timo Werner and warned to expect no money for transfers this year, according to @JanAageFjortoft

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #41668: Jun 08, 2020 11:05:15 pm
      You know good teams, title winning teams always add quality to a winning team.. I Hope we don’t come up short next season when defending the title & getting to the finals of the European Cup..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41669: Jun 09, 2020 12:00:39 am
      You know good teams, title winning teams always add quality to a winning team.. I Hope we don’t come up short next season when defending the title & getting to the finals of the European Cup..

Well if all the other teams spend and we don't then fsg will need to explain themselves but I really think Chelsea are the anomaly here and I'll be intrigued to see how they stay within ffp when revenue's have been hit so hard for all clubs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41670: Jun 09, 2020 01:58:49 pm
      The world has changed, only teams that will be able to spend big will be the likes of chelsea, but there is also FFP. So will be interesting.

Personally I wont be getting upset if cant sign this player or that player, considering how many people have lost there lives.

We should be grateful to still be here to see us win the league, and grateful our club can survive the massive financial losses.

small example, my home team motherwell have had to release our captain & vice captain and last seasons goalie, we were offering our captain a new deal before the virus, cant afford it now, were lucky to still be in business at all.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41671: Jun 09, 2020 02:07:23 pm
      The world has changed, only teams that will be able to spend big will be the likes of chelsea, but there is also FFP. So will be interesting.

Personally I wont be getting upset if cant sign this player or that player, considering how many people have lost there lives.

We should be grateful to still be here to see us win the league, and grateful our club can survive the massive financial losses.

small example, my home team motherwell have had to release our captain & vice captain and last seasons goalie, we were offering our captain a new deal before the virus, cant afford it now, were lucky to still be in business at all.

I think we needed to strengthen, BUT we do have a lot of talented youngsters coming through plus hopefully Keita and Minamino can have good seasons for us and the front three can once again stay injury free.  Basically it could be a lot worse, we could be Man Utd!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41672: Jun 09, 2020 02:56:28 pm
      I think we needed to strengthen, BUT we do have a lot of talented youngsters coming through plus hopefully Keita and Minamino can have good seasons for us and the front three can once again stay injury free.  Basically it could be a lot worse, we could be Man Utd!

We were going to strengthen, and we will, but its going to be via wheeling and dealing styler. ;D
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #41673: Jun 09, 2020 04:21:29 pm
      Chelsea going for Havertz now according to Google notifications on my phone :-)

If they are there is a clear strategy to make hay while other clubs dither. Let's see what happens. I'd want him over Werner to help bobby out and replace him long term.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41674: Jun 09, 2020 04:25:32 pm
      Chelsea going for Havertz now according to Google notifications on my phone :-)

If they are there is a clear strategy to make hay while other clubs dither. Let's see what happens. I'd want him over Werner to help bobby out and replace him long term.

Id like to know how Chelsea will get this past FFP, personal loans from Roman won't quite cut it any more.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #41675: Jun 09, 2020 05:45:57 pm
      Id like to know how Chelsea will get this past FFP, personal loans from Roman won't quite cut it any more.

Well they had the transfer ban and got 80m for hazard and now 40 plus million for morata ... talking around 80m for havertz and 50 for Werner ... lets see what happens. But if they could add those 2 to abraham who is still raw, the ajax winger and pullicic that would be a pretty good forward line.

They must be losing a shed load of cash every week though like everyone else.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2020 05:58:52 pm by Don77 »

Quick Reply