Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206627 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41745: Jun 16, 2020 12:11:01 pm
      Until a player is wearing our shirt, leaning on a wall somewhere at the club, I don't give a F**k.

If people want to follow what is mostly clickbait nonsense, that's their choice, but the sheer F***ing angst real or otherwise displayed by some, does my F***ing head in.

In fairness some of them end up wearing our shirt, doing the photos but still not signing!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41746: Jun 16, 2020 12:15:27 pm
      In fairness some of them end up wearing our shirt, doing the photos but still not signing!

Can't even remember who that was?
      The French bloke, with the "dodgy knee"?

My post still stands I think.
      I can only remember it happening once, and I don't think I saw the photo's, so F**k it  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #41747: Jun 16, 2020 03:05:13 pm

I’m confused as to when it was decided that Shaqiri was going ?

Probably the constant injuries and a few mentions of him being surplus to requirements in the Echo
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #41748: Jun 16, 2020 03:06:47 pm
      Actually Reina could happen and I would much prefer him to Adrian.

Absloute stupid move, Reina's just about ready for retirement, hence the move to villa.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41749: Jun 16, 2020 03:06:56 pm
      Probably the constant injuries and a few mentions of him being surplus to requirements in the Echo

Yup. I have no faith in Shaq staying injury free for even half a season so we need to move him on this Summer. Will allow Minamino and Jones to get more game time too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #41750: Jun 16, 2020 03:10:13 pm

There's plenty of local supporters that know dick all about the team and plenty from overseas that know more about the past present and future of the team than many locals. Like if that's how you measure yourself, it's kind of sad.

Not many though, stick around on fb long enough and there are thousands of clueless overseas 'Liverpool' fans who haven't got a scooby about the club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41751: Jun 16, 2020 03:12:59 pm
      Looks like we will miss out on Havertz as well this Summer which is a shame.

Hopefully we are looking at Houssem Aouar as a less expensive alternative they are similar age and style of player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41752: Jun 16, 2020 05:23:28 pm
      Looks like we will miss out on Havertz as well this Summer which is a shame.

Hopefully we are looking at Houssem Aouar as a less expensive alternative they are similar age and style of player.

Don’t think it’s a case of missing out because we’d have to actually go for the player for that to happen IMO.

It’s hard to justify paying a large amount of money for any player that won’t be going straight into the team, even harder to justify spending it in the current circumstances.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41753: Jun 16, 2020 10:55:42 pm
      By no means tempting fate here but something that has been the case for the last few years. I keep seeing people like Carra saying what a mistake it could be not signing a better player to come in for one of the front 3 than Origi, such as Werner in this case. The point they make is what happens if one of the front 3 pick up an injury that keeps them out for a period of time like 10+ weeks.

Looking up their injury history, which may not be 100% accurate, but I think it is virtually right.
      Between them in the last 3 seasons they’ve missed a combined total of 21 games;

Firmino- 5
      Mane - 14 (1 was for a fractured finger of all things)
      Salah - 2

I think we’d have to be very incredibly unlucky to lose any of them for a significant period of time. Some players just very rarely get injured, Suarez was one of them for us and it appears these 3 are of the same mould.

Obviously an injury can happen out of nowhere but perhaps people should stop worrying and talking as if injuries are a common occurrence with them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41754: Jun 16, 2020 11:48:41 pm
      By no means tempting fate here but something that has been the case for the last few years. I keep seeing people like Carra saying what a mistake it could be not signing a better player to come in for one of the front 3 than Origi, such as Werner in this case. The point they make is what happens if one of the front 3 pick up an injury that keeps them out for a period of time like 10+ weeks.

Looking up their injury history, which may not be 100% accurate, but I think it is virtually right.
      Between them in the last 3 seasons they’ve missed a combined total of 21 games;

Firmino- 5
      Mane - 14 (1 was for a fractured finger of all things)
      Salah - 2

I think we’d have to be very incredibly unlucky to lose any of them for a significant period of time. Some players just very rarely get injured, Suarez was one of them for us and it appears these 3 are of the same mould.

Obviously an injury can happen out of nowhere but perhaps people should stop worrying and talking as if injuries are a common occurrence with them.

I think the main concern is that as players get older they certainly seem to become more likely to have more significant injuries. I could be wrong but I think Suarez for example has been battling more injuries the last couple of years?

Also when you see a team like City who look really deep on paper and they lose their best defender or they lose DeBruyne and they drop off pretty drastically.

Might not be likely that any of our front three sustain a serious injury but the thing with Werner was also that at his age, he’d be coming into his absolute best years when the other fellas were starting to enter the years where they may need more rest and more care with their playing time. I can see both sides of the argument. Would have been nice to get Werner but it’s obvious we aren’t going to be spending significantly so I don’t suppose it matters anyway. Hopefully our boys swerve any major injuries and keep hitting on all cylinders.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41755: Jun 18, 2020 10:09:13 am
      Werner to Chelsea done, at least Arsenal have something to distract them this morning, they now know who their 2027-28 season striker will be.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41756: Jun 18, 2020 10:13:05 am
      Werner to Chelsea done, at least Arsenal have something to distract them this morning, they now know who their 2027-28 season striker will be.

It still pisses me off that we didn't get Werner, but at those wages it would have fu**ed up our wage structure, thanks Chelsea Rent boys for distorting the market again and F**k you Werner for choosing them over us!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41757: Jun 18, 2020 10:32:22 am
      and f**k you Werner for choosing them over us!

He didn’t. We rejected him.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41758: Jun 18, 2020 10:37:54 am
      Yeah I have no ill feelings towards Timo, not getting him is on us, not him.

Telling you now though, I’m intrigued what the odds on Chelsea for next season are... unless ourselves or City go on another crazy run, can see them being up there...
      LJD1988
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #41759: Jun 18, 2020 10:40:34 am
      It still pisses me off that we didn't get Werner, but at those wages it would have fu**ed up our wage structure, thanks Chelsea Rent boys for distorting the market again and f**k you Werner for choosing them over us!

For whatever reason we didn't sign Werner, it is still frustrating seeing him join Chelsea, a top 6 contender..And especially after all the rumours and the flirting with LFC.
      I thought that if he really wanted to join, he might have held out until Liverpool could come in for him but I guess he was desperate.

Anyway, I have faith in the club and I'm sure we'll find another adequate replacement.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #41760: Jun 18, 2020 10:51:45 am
      It still pisses me off that we didn't get Werner, but at those wages it would have fu**ed up our wage structure, thanks Chelsea Rent boys for distorting the market again and f**k you Werner for choosing them over us!

:mad: :mad:

He didn’t have a choice
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41761: Jun 18, 2020 02:45:34 pm

They flashed the cash at him and he jumped over to them, there is no way we were going to pay him £200k per week. He could have sat tight insisted he wanted to come to us, waited for his release clause to lapse and then we'd have been able to buy him for £35m. I don't really blame him, he owes us no loyalty, but all the same F**k him!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41762: Jun 18, 2020 02:48:16 pm

Of course he had a choice or did Abramovitch send over some of his "friends" to pay him a visit ;-)

If a player want to move to a specific club and that club fronts the money then there its very hard to block the move, remember that his release clause lapsed recently meaning he could be bought for less than £50m.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41763: Jun 18, 2020 03:32:34 pm
      If he could be bought for less than £50 million, and Chelsea’s cash was all he could see, and on that he solely chose them, then why would Chelsea pay £53 million if they could pay less? Make it make sense.

We flirted with him for a while, he liked what he saw and was open to move, more than open, then we ghosted him, and he has every right to think f**k that, and swan off to Chelsea for a nice wage on top of it, fair play to him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41764: Jun 18, 2020 05:28:30 pm
      Some links emerging with Raul Jimenez. Always rated him and thought he’d be a perfect cover option for Bobby. Bobby is a one of kind but I think Jimenez is as close as you can get in similarities. I was hoping we’d have signed him ahead of Wolves a year ago but wasn’t to be.

Eye for goal, excellent work rate, can link the play well and he’s difficult to track due to his movement. Links up well with the wide players at Wolves too.

He wouldn’t come cheap but he’d be one that’s well worth the money IMO, and he is established in the Premier League, we know he can cut it here, the same can’t be said for Werner.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #41765: Jun 19, 2020 10:32:55 am
      Of course he had a choice or did Abramovitch send over some of his "friends" to pay him a visit ;-)

If a player want to move to a specific club and that club fronts the money then there its very hard to block the move, remember that his release clause lapsed recently meaning he could be bought for less than £50m.

He had one choice when it was his desire to move to the Prem , he wanted to come to Liverpool once we removed ourselves he then settled for the only choice he had

Time to stop crying over it
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #41766: Jun 19, 2020 11:09:43 am
      Some links emerging with Raul Jimenez. Always rated him and thought he’d be a perfect cover option for Bobby. Bobby is a one of kind but I think Jimenez is as close as you can get in similarities. I was hoping we’d have signed him ahead of Wolves a year ago but wasn’t to be.

Eye for goal, excellent work rate, can link the play well and he’s difficult to track due to his movement. Links up well with the wide players at Wolves too.

He wouldn’t come cheap but he’d be one that’s well worth the money IMO, and he is established in the Premier League, we know he can cut it here, the same can’t be said for Werner.

Yeah I like that shout, though I wonder if he'd be happy coming here knowing he's going to have a hard time displacing Bobby in the first XI? The only other issue for me is that he's a year older than Bobby, and if we want competition and an eventual replacement, it'd be better going for someone younger who'll grow into it. In a dream world I think that's Kai Havertz, but I don't know how realistic that is right now.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #41767: Jun 19, 2020 11:15:08 am
      Yeah I like that shout, though I wonder if he'd be happy coming here knowing he's going to have a hard time displacing Bobby in the first XI? The only other issue for me is that he's a year older than Bobby, and if we want competition and an eventual replacement, it'd be better going for someone younger who'll grow into it. In a dream world I think that's Kai Havertz, but I don't know how realistic that is right now.

Havertz wants 1st team playing guarantee to move apparently so that would be a no. Do not like players who demand to be straight in team as everyone should have to work for it, if they are good enough then they shouldn't worry.

Jimenez is quality so hope there is some truth in it.

Quick Reply