Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179392 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41768: Jun 19, 2020 02:44:29 pm
      Some links emerging with Raul Jimenez. Always rated him and thought he’d be a perfect cover option for Bobby. Bobby is a one of kind but I think Jimenez is as close as you can get in similarities. I was hoping we’d have signed him ahead of Wolves a year ago but wasn’t to be.

Eye for goal, excellent work rate, can link the play well and he’s difficult to track due to his movement. Links up well with the wide players at Wolves too.

He wouldn’t come cheap but he’d be one that’s well worth the money IMO, and he is established in the Premier League, we know he can cut it here, the same can’t be said for Werner.

Yea Jimenez and Neves are the two players I'd like from Wolves. Both have lots of quality.

Traore I'm not so keen on as I feel he will always be inconsistent with his finished product which isn't great to begin with and he seems to be very much a form player.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #41769: Jun 19, 2020 05:39:16 pm

Ok FSG lacks ambition. Credit to Chelsea. They have ambition. They let the fans down. :f_wah:  ;D Crying my way to our premier League title...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41770: Jun 19, 2020 05:45:01 pm
      Yea Jimenez and Neves are the two players I'd like from Wolves. Both have lots of quality.

All credit to Wolves too, they got both players for a really good fee. I don't think Jimenez would come cheap but at the same time I don't think Wolves would pull out all the stops and make it difficult to sign him. I think, or at least I would like to think, that Wolves would appreciate the fact he's now 29 and it's probably a case of chances becoming limited for him to play Champions League football because in all likelihood, Wolves can't give him that. I don't think they would be a club that would hold him back if the opportunity came along.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41771: Jun 19, 2020 06:53:26 pm
      Considering the uncertainty of our financial situation I would like us to seal those 6 points ASAP (aka the next two games) in order for the Boss to be able to rotate his squad for the rest of the season and experiment with those young faces in proper premier league games where he'll have the luxury of fielding less than 100% power teams.

This will be a good opportunity to see how some of those youngsters do in a squad that is closer to being the real thing than a heavily rotated squad in the 2nd round of the F.A. Cup or something.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41772: Jun 20, 2020 04:02:32 pm
      Should be doing all we can to get that Saka here from Arsenal. One year left on his deal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41773: Jun 20, 2020 07:46:12 pm
      Every time I've watched wolves he's been sub, I wouldn't mind seeing Adama Traore in a red shirt, he's a f**king beast.

As an impact sub he'd be amazing
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41774: Jun 20, 2020 10:55:39 pm
      Every time I've watched wolves he's been sub, I wouldn't mind seeing Adama Traore in a red shirt, he's a f**king beast.

I've been banging on about him for months.

It was reported more than once that Klopp (with permission) spoke to him during the Covid break.

Ex Barca and Boro  that guy is unplayable  ...... ask Virgil.

Can see him off on a run and getting to the box before our three fly boys up front .....and they are not slow.

Me thinks Nuno and the Wolves management will take a decision depending if they get CL football next season.

Watch this space.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #41775: Jun 21, 2020 09:35:43 am
      His cross yesterday for the goal was sublime. Totally changed the game when he came on. Absolute beast of an athlete. Imagine him and Trent on the right side.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41776: Jun 21, 2020 09:55:27 am
      We’re not paying 60m for someone to warm the bench thought that was clear when we dodged Werner.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41777: Jun 21, 2020 10:13:13 am
      We’re not paying 60m for someone to warm the bench thought that was clear when we dodged Werner.

If you are talking Traore I see where you are coming from.
      If Wolves want to play him as an impact sub at the moment so be it.

Our team play with pace. We were lucky there was no Africa Cup Of Nations this year as Sadio and Mo would have been off leaving Bobby only from the established three.

We need an extra striker with pace to match.

Traore is the man ... and is that why we didn't take the Timo punt ?
      LJD1988
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #41778: Jun 21, 2020 10:35:24 am
      Reading on skysports that LFC are lining up an audacious swap deal with PSG which would see Mane leave and Mbappe join.(Paper talk- Sunday Express)

I love Mane, and would rather lose Mo over him.. but with the current contract situation with sadio, I understand why liverpool might be eyeing a replacement. When the replacement has the potential to be Mbappe, I'd could be tempted by a swap deal.

What're people thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2020 10:40:48 am by LJD1988 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41779: Jun 21, 2020 11:27:41 am
      Reading on skysports that LFC are lining up an audacious swap deal with PSG which would see Mane leave and Mbappe join.(Paper talk- Sunday Express)

I love Mane, and would rather lose Mo over him.. but with the current contract situation with sadio, I understand why liverpool might be eyeing a replacement. When the replacement has the potential to be Mbappe, I'd could be tempted by a swap deal.

What're people thoughts?

Thoughts?

100% grade A rag bollox talk.
      LJD1988
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #41780: Jun 21, 2020 11:56:04 am
      Thoughts?

Touchė.

Dont get me wrong, I understand this is purely 'paper talk'.. or '100% grade A rag bollox talk' as you put it.. just wondered what the thoughts of people were regarding the situation with Mane and any potential deal with PSG for Mbappe, no matter how fanciful any talk may be..
      I guess I was hoping for a more constructive response to the question.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2020 12:13:43 pm by LJD1988 »
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #41781: Jun 21, 2020 01:28:38 pm
      Thoughts?

According to the BBC gossip page the source was the worlds biggest scum bag paper.
      So I’d suggest it’s 200% and designed to be a distraction from tonight and Palace
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41782: Jun 21, 2020 03:03:41 pm
      Even tho I agree with what a lot of people are saying about us not paying big money for somebody who is going to warm the bench, one thing I love about Traore is that he wouldn't be as much of bench warmer as some seem to think and that's mainly because he can play anywhere on the right flank.

Need to give TAA a rest? No problem. Want to give Mo a rest no problem. Wanna rotate the squad and have Origi play instead of Bobby and want someone to feed him good crosses from the RB or RW position, no problem. Want for a reason or another, for a game, to switch to 3 at the back and need somebody with a bit more physicality and speed than TAA to start at RWB, still not a problem.

Of course, all of these situations might end up not happening that often, but I was just trying to make the point that he wouldn't be as much of a bench warmer than somebody like Shaqiri because he is less one dimensional in terms of what he can bring to a game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41783: Jun 21, 2020 03:10:46 pm
      If we are going to take the next step then we will need to pay big money to have someone "sit" on the bench. BTW how much do we pay for our current bench? I find this such an absurd notion that we cannot possible have any top players who aren't automatic starters!

ROTATION!!!!!!

OPTIONS!!!!!!

SQUAD DEPTH!!!!!!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41784: Jun 21, 2020 04:30:34 pm
      If you are talking Traore I see where you are coming from.
      If Wolves want to play him as an impact sub at the moment so be it.

Our team play with pace. We were lucky there was no Africa Cup Of Nations this year as Sadio and Mo would have been off leaving Bobby only from the established three.

We didn’t take the Timo punt because we don’t have any money to spend. We aren’t going to be buying anyone else either without sales first  (and maybe not even then).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41785: Jun 21, 2020 05:23:56 pm
      If we are going to take the next step then we will need to pay big money to have someone "sit" on the bench. BTW how much do we pay for our current bench? I find this such an absurd notion that we cannot possible have any top players who aren't automatic starters!

ROTATION!!!!!!

OPTIONS!!!!!!

SQUAD DEPTH!!!!!!!!!

European Champions !!!!!!

World Champions !!!!!

English Champions Elect !!!!

We have options for rotation if the manager wants and we have squad depth

If a player is a “TOP Player” then he is going to be a starter - unless you can think of “TOP” players that are content to be an option from the bench
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41786: Jun 21, 2020 05:52:52 pm

Not. A. Chance.

He's decent as a wing man, but up front he's F***ing awful!!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #41787: Jun 21, 2020 06:07:44 pm

Always amuses me when you hear a player says he wants to go somewhere where he’s guaranteed a regular start.
      To my mind if you’re a top player and you’re thinking I won’t go to Liverpool because I won’t displace any of their front three then frankly you’re not a top player.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41788: Jun 21, 2020 08:00:06 pm

European Champions !!!!!!

World Champions !!!!!

English Champions Elect !!!!

We have options for rotation if the manager wants and we have squad depth

If a player is a “TOP Player” then he is going to be a starter - unless you can think of “TOP” players that are content to be an option from the bench

Gabriel Jesus and Sane would be two players who would be automatic starters in most teams.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41789: Jun 21, 2020 08:03:32 pm
      Gabriel Jesus and Sane would be two players who would be automatic starters in most teams.

Sane was an automatic starter until his serious injury

Jesus is not a “top player”

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41790: Jun 21, 2020 09:25:50 pm
      Sane was an automatic starter until his serious injury

Jesus is not a “top player”

No, Sane was behind Sterling and Jesus has always been behind Aguero. Both great top players though who seem happy on the bench.

Quick Reply