Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196389 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41791: Jun 21, 2020 09:31:58 pm
      No, Sane was behind Sterling and Jesus has always been behind Aguero. Both great top players though who seem happy on the bench.

I think Sane was rotated equally with Sterling before his injury.

Also if Sane was happy on the bench why is he so determined to leave City for the last year?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41792: Jun 21, 2020 09:35:33 pm
      Not. A. Chance.

He's decent as a wing man, but up front he's F***ing awful!!

Traore becoming very similar now to how Bale developed but from Bales case on the left. He's on the rise now from raw potential to borderline unplayable. When he's got a full back in his sights 1v 1 he's the only winner. His cameo for Wolves yesterday won them the game from what was a certain 0-0. It reminded me so much of the early rise of Bale.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41793: Jun 21, 2020 09:38:02 pm
      Touchė.

Dont get me wrong, I understand this is purely 'paper talk'.. or '100% grade A rag bollox talk' as you put it.. just wondered what the thoughts of people were regarding the situation with Mane and any potential deal with PSG for Mbappe, no matter how fanciful any talk may be..
      I guess I was hoping for a more constructive response to the question.

Sorry mate but I don't have the time or patience to gossip talk over nonsense fantasy transfer speculation, Mane out Mbappe in, Salah out Messi in, etc.

If there is a genuine trustworthy report on the matter I will give you a constructive response.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41794: Jun 21, 2020 09:41:30 pm
      We definitely need to replace Adrian, Lovren, and Origi with superior squad players.

Maybe Brewster well replace Origi on the bench next season though he might need one more season on loan to develop.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #41795: Jun 21, 2020 09:45:52 pm
      No, Sane was behind Sterling and Jesus has always been behind Aguero. Both great top players though who seem happy on the bench.

:mad: :mad:

Sane played on one side and Sterling played on the other supporting Aguero - he is also young and nowhere near a “top” player

And what has Sane been trying to do over the last 12 months - leave

And Jesus is not a “great top player”
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #41796: Jun 21, 2020 09:54:04 pm
      I wanted attacking depth last summer and I'm still in the same boat really.

Look at the game today, Salah's out and we use Minamino and Ox out there, two players that in my opinion should really be playing centrally. Origi also hasn't impressed this season from out wide. We need someone who's similar to Salah and Mane - pacey, direct and has an eye for goal. Doesn't have to be the finished product like a Sane but we need a step up from Origi (or forcing a central player wide) if we're to challenge on more fronts next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41797: Jun 21, 2020 10:07:16 pm
      I wanted attacking depth last summer and I'm still in the same boat really.

Look at the game today, Salah's out and we use Minamino and Ox out there, two players that in my opinion should really be playing centrally. Origi also hasn't impressed this season from out wide. We need someone who's similar to Salah and Mane - pacey, direct and has an eye for goal. Doesn't have to be the finished product like a Sane but we need a step up from Origi (or forcing a central player wide) if we're to challenge on more fronts next season.

Werner would have been ideal as he can play wing and central so would have covered two positions effectively unlike Origi.

Traore would be a very effective squad player for the wings obviously.

The problem is we're not paying the money required to sign players like these for the bench.

So it will be very tricky to acquire a fast skillful player to cover Mane or Salah for a low fee.

Our committee and JĂźrgen will need to be creative with this issue to find a solution.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41798: Jun 22, 2020 12:07:56 am
      :mad: :mad:

Sane played on one side and Sterling played on the other supporting Aguero - he is also young and nowhere near a “top” player

And what has Sane been trying to do over the last 12 months - leave

And Jesus is not a “great top player”

Who would you rather have Minamino or Sane, how about Jesus or Origi?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41799: Jun 22, 2020 09:31:27 am

Yes but the difference between the players is about ÂŁ100 million.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #41800: Jun 22, 2020 09:46:30 am

Well Sane is over a hundred million now and at one point I wanted him but he doesn’t want to just sit on the bench so what’s the point.

And I’ll take the player that scored goals to help us win the CL
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41801: Jun 22, 2020 10:52:50 am
      If you are talking Traore I see where you are coming from.
      If Wolves want to play him as an impact sub at the moment so be it.

Our team play with pace. We were lucky there was no Africa Cup Of Nations this year as Sadio and Mo would have been off leaving Bobby only from the established three.

We need an extra striker with pace to match.

Traore is the man ... and is that why we didn't take the Timo punt ?

I am talking about Traore mate have nothing against him coming here he would improve the squad. I am reading between the lines of Klopps comments around the club bleeding financially due to COVID impact namely match day revenue. He said it’s difficult to sign a 50-60m player in these circumstances when it wasn’t long ago they were asking the players to take pay cuts. Werner with fee and wages will end up costing Chelsea >100M I don’t see us making such commitments in the circumstances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41802: Jun 22, 2020 10:54:44 am
      Well Sane is over a hundred million now and at one point I wanted him but he doesn’t want to just sit on the bench so what’s the point.

And I’ll take the player that scored goals to help us win the CL

If you would honestly take Origi as a back up forward over Gabriel Jesus then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot. Plenty of players can score critical goals at important times but it doesn;t make them a good player and Origi is quite simply a bang average forward, we have to get better, even if it means we pay ÂŁ50-60m for someone to "sit" on the bench. I think letting Werner go to the chavs will bite us in the arse, we should have begged borrowed stolen that money.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41803: Jun 22, 2020 10:55:50 am
      Any body we sign now shouldn't worry about not getting in the team. Klopp is here for a decent amount of time and he will have to rebuild the entire front 3 in the not so distant future.

The likes of Werner, Traore or whoever we actually do want in the club will have lots of years ahead of them in the first team if they are good enough.

Firmino, Mane and Salah all getting close to 30 and at some point Klopp will rebuild to go again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41804: Jun 22, 2020 11:00:03 am
      Any body we sign now shouldn't worry about not getting in the team. Klopp is here for a decent amount of time and he will have to rebuild the entire front 3 in the not so distant future.

The likes of Werner, Traore or whoever we actually do want in the club will have lots of years ahead of them in the first team if they are good enough.

Firmino, Mane and Salah all getting close to 30 and at some point Klopp will rebuild to go again.

Also if we get a 4th forward who is good enough then we can start to rotate players, like City do, they wouldn't just sit on the bench all season as some suggest. The only reason Origi sits on the bench all season is because he is bang average and a huge step down from our regular forwards.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41805: Jun 22, 2020 11:59:19 am
      ......... then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot.

Just as complimentary to your fellow Reds as ever H,    I see.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #41806: Jun 22, 2020 01:15:49 pm
      If you would honestly take Origi as a back up forward over Gabriel Jesus then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot. Plenty of players can score critical goals at important times but it doesn;t make them a good player and Origi is quite simply a bang average forward, we have to get better, even if it means we pay ÂŁ50-60m for someone to "sit" on the bench. I think letting Werner go to the chavs will bite us in the arse, we should have begged borrowed stolen that money.

Origi has stepped up when we really needed him and scored vital goals when we needed him - it’s as simple as that , Jesus sits on the bench because he isn’t good enough to be in the starting line up for a top team because he isn’t a top player.

The club is not going to spend that level of money during the current situation For someone to sit on the bench - maybe the coronavirus hasn’t hit your version of FIFA yet. You can keep crying but the situation isn’t going to change
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41807: Jun 22, 2020 01:43:33 pm
      Just as complimentary to your fellow Reds as ever H,    I see.

Sorry but if someone genuinely thinks that Origi is better than Gabriel Jesus what would you call them?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41808: Jun 22, 2020 01:53:01 pm

Origi has stepped up when we really needed him and scored vital goals when we needed him - it’s as simple as that , Jesus sits on the bench because he isn’t good enough to be in the starting line up for a top team because he isn’t a top player.

The club is not going to spend that level of money during the current situation For someone to sit on the bench - maybe the coronavirus hasn’t hit your version of FIFA yet. You can keep crying but the situation isn’t going to change

Do you really not understand the concept of competition and rotation? If we had a forward at the same level as Mo or Sadio why on earth would they not get games? Would it not be good for the team to give our forwards some genuine competition for their places plus an opportunity to have a game off every now and then.

If we rerally don't have ÂŁ50m spare after the last few seasons of CL etc then we really are in bad F***ing shape, despite the record profits posted and this might be our only league title in quite some time becuase I can guarantee our opponents will be spending, covid-19 or no covid-19.

BTW you suggesting that Origi is on the same level as Gabriel Jesus confirms that you are a gibbering imbecile. If Origi was that good why are we not being inundated with offers for him? Were you really impressed with Origi yesterday when he came on, how many successful dribbles did he have, how was his link up play, how about meaningful passes. OK a bit unfair on him yesterday perhaps but what about other games this season, when he has come on, how often has he changed the game?

Origi has scored some important goals for us, there is no denying that, but its more from luck than skill, being in the right place at the right time etc, in my opinion he is one of the worst forwards to ever wear the shirt, on a par with Rickie Lambert, Voronin and that utter muppet Balotelli.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41809: Jun 22, 2020 02:41:15 pm
      in my opinion he is one of the worst forwards to ever wear the shirt, on a par with Rickie Lambert, Voronin and that utter muppet Balotelli.

Don't thing is Origi is THAT bad compared to those duds in fairness. He is at least some bit of a goal threat.

But yea he's not really good enough to stay here past the Summer, but due to Covid he will most likely still be with us next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #41810: Jun 22, 2020 03:35:49 pm
      Don't thing is Origi is THAT bad compared to those duds in fairness. He is at least some bit of a goal threat.

But yea he's not really good enough to stay here past the Summer, but due to Covid he will most likely still be with us next season.

Other than the meme of his heroic goals, does anyone really feel like “Yes Divock is coming in to save us!” When he gets in the game?

I mean he’s had some great moments no doubt, but I just don’t see him as a game changer or a constant threat.  It like you say, likely doesn’t matter, he’s probably it for now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41811: Jun 22, 2020 04:35:03 pm
      Sorry but if someone genuinely thinks that Origi is better than Gabriel Jesus what would you call them?

You respect their opinion and the right for them to have a different one to you.

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2020 05:29:33 pm by MIRO »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #41812: Jun 22, 2020 04:48:52 pm
      Other than the meme of his heroic goals, does anyone really feel like “Yes Divock is coming in to save us!” When he gets in the game?

I mean he’s had some great moments no doubt, but I just don’t see him as a game changer or a constant threat.  It like you say, likely doesn’t matter, he’s probably it for now.

In years to come Divock will be remembered fondly for the important goals he scored but that's all.

No one will remember what he was like as a player.

Also he could be a very good player for a lower level club so he is kind of wasted here given how little game time he gets.

We need a forward who can provide genuine competition with Mo and Mane, and be a rotation option.

How we do that under current financial constraints is another question.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41813: Jun 22, 2020 06:42:09 pm
      You respect their opinion and the right for them to have a different one to you.

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.

Wish you'd tell all the people who call me every name under the sun, or are we a bit biased in this regard?

Quick Reply