Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4209343 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41952: Jul 08, 2020 04:24:19 pm
      Coming from the king of arrogance, I'll take that as a compliment then.

Klopp isn't infallible. He gets things wrong occasionally. No one is perfect. Except maybe you apparently?

Nah, you mistake arrogance for calling out your constant F***ing bullshit.

the fact that you think you are even remotely qualified to say what one of the world's great coaches has "got wrong" shows the arrogance comes from one person only.

Time for the ignore button again.
      Had enough of reading the sh*t you post polluting the boards constantly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41953: Jul 08, 2020 04:30:42 pm
      Lads we are supporters of champions lets not reduce ourselves to petty bickering on here. We can have disagreements and differing opinions but we can still be respectful towards each other.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #41954: Jul 08, 2020 05:28:23 pm
      Nah, you mistake arrogance for calling out your constant f**king bullshit.

the fact that you think you are even remotely qualified to say what one of the world's great coaches has "got wrong" shows the arrogance comes from one person only.

Time for the ignore button again.
      Had enough of reading the sh*t you post polluting the boards constantly.

Klopp doesn’t always get it right precious, if you asked him, he’d tell you the same. He’s not perfect.

Like I said, coming from the king of arrogance on this board, the fact that you’ve been triggered by my comment gives me a warm feeling inside. 🤣🤣
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #41955: Jul 08, 2020 06:26:39 pm
      Does anybody think Ake would be a decent addition for us?

Only 25, pretty decent centre-back who could also cover at LB for us. He's also Dutch just like Van Dijk. If Bournemouth get relegated he might be sold for a lesser fee than he would go for in normal time.

If we are bound to see Lovren go then I think this would be a nice project.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #41956: Jul 08, 2020 06:35:34 pm
      Does anybody think Ake would be a decent addition for us?

Only 25, pretty decent centre-back who could also cover at LB for us. He's also Dutch just like Van Dijk. If Bournemouth get relegated he might be sold for a lesser fee than he would go for in normal time.

If we are bound to see Lovren go then I think this would be a nice project.

I like both him and Mings.

Feel like a centre half might fancy the move to us, Matip and Gomez have an injury in them so there could be plenty of games for someone coming in.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41957: Jul 08, 2020 07:50:00 pm
      I like both him and Mings.

Feel like a centre half might fancy the move to us, Matip and Gomez have an injury in them so there could be plenty of games for someone coming in.

I've thought Mings has played pretty well every time I've seen him, which admittedly isn't much.

But for him, we'd have scored a few more against Villa i think.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41958: Jul 08, 2020 07:50:51 pm
      No thanks on Ake and Mings
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41959: Jul 08, 2020 11:48:16 pm
      Eh Robertson was 23 when we signed him and came in when we only had Moreno at left back who was total garbage so we couldn't have done any worse really.

Josua King is about as far from a Klopp style forward player as you can find not to mention his age so this suggestion makes no sense on any level.

Is Origi a Klopp style forward player? Actually what exactly is a Klopp style forward player in your opinion?
      Josh King is a damned good forward, certainly better than we currently have in reserve.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #41960: Jul 09, 2020 12:14:30 am
      Mings no chance he’s awful. Like Maguire he’s only good at being big and getting in the way.

Ben Godfrey at Norwich much better defender when you ignore the his partners who don’t cover him in glory. 22 years old.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41961: Jul 09, 2020 10:16:30 am
      Is Origi a Klopp style forward player? Actually what exactly is a Klopp style forward player in your opinion?
      Josh King is a damned good forward, certainly better than we currently have in reserve.

No Origi is not a Klopp style forward and wasn't signed by Klopp. But he is young, hard working, and happy to sit on the bench which is the only reason Klopp has held on to him.

If you look at the forwards Klopp has signed... Mane/Salah/Shaqiri/Elliot/Minamino, I think this gives a pretty clear indication of a Klopp style forward player does it not?

I don't think Joshua King's player attributes fall under the category of the forwards signed by Klopp.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41962: Jul 09, 2020 10:34:32 am
      No Origi is not a Klopp style forward and wasn't signed by Klopp. But he is young, hard working, and happy to sit on the bench which is the only reason Klopp has held on to him.

If you look at the forwards Klopp has signed... Mane/Salah/Shaqiri/Elliot/Minamino, I think this gives a pretty clear indication of a Klopp style forward player does it not?

I don't think Joshua King's player attributes fall under the category of the forwards signed by Klopp.

Nope still not with you, what qualities does Josh King lack compared to the ones you listed? BTW being happy to sit on the bench is not a quality that should ever be celebrated.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41963: Jul 09, 2020 11:33:21 am
      Nope still not with you, what qualities does Josh King lack compared to the ones you listed? BTW being happy to sit on the bench is not a quality that should ever be celebrated.

Again Joshua King is going on 29. He hasn't much pace, average defensively, average work rate, and is essentially a mid table club striker at best. Not to mention he's an ex Manc.

But hey if you think he's the answer to a back up for our front three then good on you.

I'll respectfully disagree.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #41964: Jul 09, 2020 11:40:04 am
      Should take a look at some bargains from relegated teams.

Would be good for squad depth and maybe potential to be good players: Cantwell, Grealish, Cook, Ake, Aarons, Buendia.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41965: Jul 09, 2020 01:08:07 pm
      Again Joshua King is going on 29. He hasn't much pace, average defensively, average work rate, and is essentially a mid table club striker at best. Not to mention he's an ex Manc.

But hey if you think he's the answer to a back up for our front three then good on you.

I'll respectfully disagree.

I think Josh King is plenty quick enough, good work rate whenever I've seen him which I guarantee is a lot more than you have, good finish, good attitude, same age more or less as our current forwards. Is he the best forward in the world NO, but is he better than Origi and Brewster (at this current moment) Hell yes he is, plus we could get him for a relatively cheap price, which is quite important as we apparently have no money.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41966: Jul 09, 2020 01:10:10 pm
      I don't think we will buy a starter from a mid to lower table EPL team to use as a squad player, especially as transfers from English clubs tend to have inflated prices.

I think any adds this summer are likely to be free transfers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41967: Jul 09, 2020 01:13:29 pm
      I don't think we will buy a starter from a mid to lower table EPL team to use as a squad player, especially as transfers from English clubs tend to have inflated prices.

I think any adds this summer are likely to be free transfers.

Are we to take it that we have zero budget this summer, or is it even a negative budget in that we have to sell some players to balance the books. How fu**ed financially are we, and why do we seem to be so much worse than other clubs?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41968: Jul 09, 2020 02:30:06 pm
      I think Josh King is plenty quick enough, good work rate whenever I've seen him which I guarantee is a lot more than you have, good finish, good attitude, same age more or less as our current forwards. Is he the best forward in the world NO, but is he better than Origi and Brewster (at this current moment) Hell yes he is, plus we could get him for a relatively cheap price, which is quite important as we apparently have no money.

I don't think I have ever seen a Josua King goal here he used his pace to score. All his goals are opportunistic fox in the box goals or power shots, much like Origi's goals.

So if you just want a slightly better version of Origi then yes Joshua King is your man.

But if you want a forward that can naturally replace our front three he most certainly isn't the man.

I would actually prefer a player like Trossard for Brighton over King.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41969: Jul 09, 2020 02:36:32 pm
      But if you want a forward that can naturally replace our front three he most certainly isn't the man.

Preferably a player that can come in and be a reliable source of goals would be a start. Something neither King or Origi can offer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41970: Jul 09, 2020 02:39:23 pm
      Preferably a player that can come in and be a reliable source of goals would be a start. Something neither King or Origi can offer.

Yup. It's tricky, ideally we would have held on to Ings but can understand why he was sold.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41971: Jul 09, 2020 02:44:43 pm

What the flying F**k is that supposed to mean?  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41972: Jul 09, 2020 02:46:07 pm
      Yup. It's tricky, ideally we would have held on to Ings but can understand why he was sold.

To be honest, I don’t think he was great for our system, he doesn’t link the play particularly well and he doesn’t have the versatility to rotate position across the front 3. I remember him playing on the left and the right a few times in his final season and he was awful. He’s an out and out CF, something that doesn’t necessarily suit us. Not saying he’s a bad player, far from it because in a team that suits his game, like Saints, it’s clear how good he can be and his work rate is right up there.

I know I’ve said it before but I still think an ideal signing would be Jiménez, but we aren’t going to go and pay the large amount of money Wolves would want for him.

It’s not an easy one but at the same time, we can’t carry on with Origi.
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2020 02:51:32 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #41973: Jul 09, 2020 03:00:44 pm
      To be honest, I don’t think he was great for our system, he doesn’t link the play particularly well and he doesn’t have the versatility to rotate position across the front 3. I remember him playing on the left and the right a few times in his final season and he was awful. He’s an out and out CF, something that doesn’t necessarily suit us. Not saying he’s a bad player, far from it because in a team that suits his game, like Saints, it’s clear how good he can be and his work rate is right up there.

I know I’ve said it before but I still think an ideal signing would be Jiménez, but we aren’t going to go and pay the large amount of money Wolves would want for him.

It's difficult to find a forward that fits Klopps system as they require a lot of attributes to interchange positions. Much like Ings I'm not sure if Jimenez has enough of these attributes too, although he does link play well and is a good finisher.

Werner was the perfect signing really. We could take a punt on Sarr for Watford if they get relegated he would be relatively cheap I imagine.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41974: Jul 09, 2020 03:02:39 pm
      To be honest, I don’t think he was great for our system, he doesn’t link the play particularly well and he doesn’t have the versatility to rotate position across the front 3. I remember him playing on the left and the right a few times in his final season and he was awful. He’s an out and out CF, something that doesn’t necessarily suit us.

Wouldn't we have the same issue with Raul? He only ever played up the middle so it would limit the roation options.

Quick Reply