Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204530 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41998: Jul 16, 2020 04:43:33 am
      I mean we literally have 5 midfielders that can do Jordan’s job if needed. I don’t think we will panic buy if Jordan misses a little time.

Do u not rate Hendo or something? We have no one who can replicate his attitude, leadership, and selflessness in our squad, let alone in the midfield. I do agree we don't need to panic buy, but to say we have 5 dudes who can feel his shoes is a bit of a reach IMO.

I do love the idea of Weston Mckennie coming here and learning under Hendo.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41999: Jul 16, 2020 08:37:14 am

Please I hope Hendo is fit at the start of the Season. He really is the cog that makes us work so well. The last two games, no way we drop any points with him leading us!

true, but that in itself is F***ing scary, if we are so reliant on one player to motivate the team then something is very very wrong.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #42000: Jul 16, 2020 10:31:45 am
      I think Sarr or St Maxin (sp?), could be trained and be good backups to Salah and Mane, and be relatively cheap.

At centre back, as mentioned previously Ake or Mings would be a good replacement for Lovren. There are bargains to be had to improve the squad depth.

Mings is a donkey. How can you imagine he’d even get a game in our ressies 🤷‍♂️
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #42001: Jul 16, 2020 11:49:32 am
      Trigger alert, trigger alert!!!!

Its simply the fact that he plays for Norway and unless you have a peculiar fascination with watching second rate international matches or have Bournemouth as your second favourite team then I wager I've watched him play more than you have and the lad is good, he'd be a distinct upgrade on Origi if our funds are really tight, perhaps we could even do a swap deal.

Nah, as a Norwegian myself. I would love to have a Norwegian in Liverpool team but Joshua?

He is a donkey, not good enough. He works hard but he is a downgrade to origi in every aspect of the game.

It's not like I'm saying keep origi or he will have a future with us, it's just that if we are replacing origi then replace him with someone better.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #42002: Jul 16, 2020 01:15:33 pm
      Josh King  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #42003: Jul 16, 2020 02:41:14 pm
      Do u not rate Hendo or something? We have no one who can replicate his attitude, leadership, and selflessness in our squad, let alone in the midfield. I do agree we don't need to panic buy, but to say we have 5 dudes who can feel his shoes is a bit of a reach IMO.

I do love the idea of Weston Mckennie coming here and learning under Hendo.

Of course I rate him. What a silly thing to say. If you go back and read what I said, my point is that we have other midfielders that can stand in for him till he's fit. That's literally the point of squad depth. Why would we go out and spend a boatload of money on a 29 year old player because Jordan might miss a couple of games at the start of the season?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42004: Jul 16, 2020 03:21:48 pm
      Nah, as a Norwegian myself. I would love to have a Norwegian in Liverpool team but Joshua?

He is a donkey, not good enough. He works hard but he is a downgrade to origi in every aspect of the game.

It's not like I'm saying keep origi or he will have a future with us, it's just that if we are replacing origi then replace him with someone better.

OK OK, maybe not Josh King, but I do think he'd be better than Origi, but we can do better, and perhaps with Rhian Brewster we already have better.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #42005: Jul 16, 2020 04:41:50 pm
      We need to invest in this attack. While we were dominating against Arsenal but struggling to score, they put Aubamyang in, we put Origi and Shaqiri. We should have better options.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #42006: Jul 16, 2020 05:20:00 pm
      Of course I rate him. What a silly thing to say. If you go back and read what I said, my point is that we have other midfielders that can stand in for him till he's fit. That's literally the point of squad depth. Why would we go out and spend a boatload of money on a 29 year old player because Jordan might miss a couple of games at the start of the season?

I dont think we need to either. But there will be a drop off with him out. Its been evident he is darn near irreplaceable for us since his injury. Being American like me, I'm sure your familiar with Weston. What do you think about him as a long term project here?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #42007: Jul 16, 2020 05:42:55 pm
      I dont think we need to either. But there will be a drop off with him out. Its been evident he is darn near irreplaceable for us since his injury. Being American like me, I'm sure your familiar with Weston. What do you think about him as a long term project here?

I don’t really rate many American players. I’ll pass on him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #42008: Jul 16, 2020 07:12:40 pm
      I don’t really rate many American players. I’ll pass on him.

I'd agree on that outside of Pulisic and Mckinney. I really do think he can be a good player in this league. Really improved for Schlake this season
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42009: Jul 16, 2020 09:38:33 pm
      Any truth to these stories that Yasser Larouci will be sold in the summer?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42010: Jul 16, 2020 11:57:23 pm
      true, but that in itself is f**king scary, if we are so reliant on one player to motivate the team then something is very very wrong.

Yep and it's as plain as day!

I still go back to that Suarez year, Hendo doesn't get suspended, we win that Season!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42011: Jul 17, 2020 10:56:31 am
      Yep and it's as plain as day!

I still go back to that Suarez year, Hendo doesn't get suspended, we win that Season!

It could also explain why we want Alcantara, a very good experienced midfielder who can direct the midfield, although I'd like to see Fabinho take a bit more charge as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #42012: Jul 17, 2020 02:10:16 pm
      Anyone know about Leipzig CB Nordi Mukiele?

Apparently we have bid for him?

Sources not reliable though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #42013: Jul 17, 2020 02:14:31 pm
      Anyone know about Leipzig CB Nordi Mukiele?

Apparently we have bid for him?

Sources not reliable though.

Edit: he's actually a RB so probably another bullshit link.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42014: Jul 17, 2020 02:21:44 pm
      Edit: he's actually a RB so probably another bullshit link.

According to transfer markt he played both CB, RB and RM this season so could make kinda sense we get him as Lovren replacement.

Other players we been link to some not really trustworthy sources I seen were Cantwell and Lewis from Norwich and Victor Osimhen from Lille
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2020 02:39:50 pm by adammac »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42015: Jul 18, 2020 12:30:15 am
      It could also explain why we want Alcantara, a very good experienced midfielder who can direct the midfield, although I'd like to see Fabinho take a bit more charge as well.

Think Fab has been a trying that a bit lately. Certainly has an eye for a sublime pass.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #42016: Jul 18, 2020 07:30:21 am
      Watford almost certain to go down. Mentioned before but I think we can pick up Sarr for cheap. Mane would love him as his understudy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42017: Jul 18, 2020 04:19:22 pm
      Watford almost certain to go down. Mentioned before but I think we can pick up Sarr for cheap. Mane would love him as his understudy.

Not a bad shout.

Watford have a nightmare next two games, Man City then Arsenal away, but Bournemouth or Villa need to start winning some games.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2020 05:18:44 pm by heimdall »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #42018: Jul 18, 2020 04:52:59 pm
      We should definitely take a look at the relegated teams because I feel some of the players are quality and answer a need we have. You mentioned Sarr. I would also add Ake to this list (CB that can also fill in at LB). Jamal Lewis (LB with potential)

Also feels a bit more realistic that we would be looking for a bargain or two rather than spending 50+M on a player in the current circumstances.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42019: Jul 18, 2020 05:43:52 pm
      We should definitely take a look at the relegated teams because I feel some of the players are quality and answer a need we have. You mentioned Sarr. I would also add Ake to this list (CB that can also fill in at LB). Jamal Lewis (LB with potential)

Also feels a bit more realistic that we would be looking for a bargain or two rather than spending 50+M on a player in the current circumstances.

We're domestic champions European club and world club champions and we're talking bargin buys, we're owned by minges
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42020: Jul 18, 2020 08:04:36 pm
      We will see once the transfer window shuts

Quick Reply