Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Burnley [Premier League] Sat 11th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W2 D0 L0

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2755615 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,132 posts | 1179 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42000: Jun 22, 2020 10:52:50 am
      If you are talking Traore I see where you are coming from.
      If Wolves want to play him as an impact sub at the moment so be it.

Our team play with pace. We were lucky there was no Africa Cup Of Nations this year as Sadio and Mo would have been off leaving Bobby only from the established three.

We need an extra striker with pace to match.

Traore is the man ... and is that why we didn't take the Timo punt ?

I am talking about Traore mate have nothing against him coming here he would improve the squad. I am reading between the lines of Klopps comments around the club bleeding financially due to COVID impact namely match day revenue. He said it’s difficult to sign a 50-60m player in these circumstances when it wasn’t long ago they were asking the players to take pay cuts. Werner with fee and wages will end up costing Chelsea >100M I don’t see us making such commitments in the circumstances.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42001: Jun 22, 2020 10:54:44 am
      Well Sane is over a hundred million now and at one point I wanted him but he doesn’t want to just sit on the bench so what’s the point.

And I’ll take the player that scored goals to help us win the CL

If you would honestly take Origi as a back up forward over Gabriel Jesus then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot. Plenty of players can score critical goals at important times but it doesn;t make them a good player and Origi is quite simply a bang average forward, we have to get better, even if it means we pay £50-60m for someone to "sit" on the bench. I think letting Werner go to the chavs will bite us in the arse, we should have begged borrowed stolen that money.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,680 posts | 1619 
      Reply #42002: Jun 22, 2020 10:55:50 am
      Any body we sign now shouldn't worry about not getting in the team. Klopp is here for a decent amount of time and he will have to rebuild the entire front 3 in the not so distant future.

The likes of Werner, Traore or whoever we actually do want in the club will have lots of years ahead of them in the first team if they are good enough.

Firmino, Mane and Salah all getting close to 30 and at some point Klopp will rebuild to go again.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42003: Jun 22, 2020 11:00:03 am
      Any body we sign now shouldn't worry about not getting in the team. Klopp is here for a decent amount of time and he will have to rebuild the entire front 3 in the not so distant future.

The likes of Werner, Traore or whoever we actually do want in the club will have lots of years ahead of them in the first team if they are good enough.

Firmino, Mane and Salah all getting close to 30 and at some point Klopp will rebuild to go again.

Also if we get a 4th forward who is good enough then we can start to rotate players, like City do, they wouldn't just sit on the bench all season as some suggest. The only reason Origi sits on the bench all season is because he is bang average and a huge step down from our regular forwards.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,469 posts | 2841 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #42004: Jun 22, 2020 11:59:19 am
      ......... then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot.

Just as complimentary to your fellow Reds as ever H,    I see.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,468 posts | 663 
      Reply #42005: Jun 22, 2020 01:15:49 pm
      If you would honestly take Origi as a back up forward over Gabriel Jesus then you're either on a wind up or you're an idiot. Plenty of players can score critical goals at important times but it doesn;t make them a good player and Origi is quite simply a bang average forward, we have to get better, even if it means we pay £50-60m for someone to "sit" on the bench. I think letting Werner go to the chavs will bite us in the arse, we should have begged borrowed stolen that money.

Origi has stepped up when we really needed him and scored vital goals when we needed him - it’s as simple as that , Jesus sits on the bench because he isn’t good enough to be in the starting line up for a top team because he isn’t a top player.

The club is not going to spend that level of money during the current situation For someone to sit on the bench - maybe the coronavirus hasn’t hit your version of FIFA yet. You can keep crying but the situation isn’t going to change
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42006: Jun 22, 2020 01:43:33 pm
      Just as complimentary to your fellow Reds as ever H,    I see.

Sorry but if someone genuinely thinks that Origi is better than Gabriel Jesus what would you call them?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42007: Jun 22, 2020 01:53:01 pm

Origi has stepped up when we really needed him and scored vital goals when we needed him - it’s as simple as that , Jesus sits on the bench because he isn’t good enough to be in the starting line up for a top team because he isn’t a top player.

The club is not going to spend that level of money during the current situation For someone to sit on the bench - maybe the coronavirus hasn’t hit your version of FIFA yet. You can keep crying but the situation isn’t going to change

Do you really not understand the concept of competition and rotation? If we had a forward at the same level as Mo or Sadio why on earth would they not get games? Would it not be good for the team to give our forwards some genuine competition for their places plus an opportunity to have a game off every now and then.

If we rerally don't have £50m spare after the last few seasons of CL etc then we really are in bad f**king shape, despite the record profits posted and this might be our only league title in quite some time becuase I can guarantee our opponents will be spending, covid-19 or no covid-19.

BTW you suggesting that Origi is on the same level as Gabriel Jesus confirms that you are a gibbering imbecile. If Origi was that good why are we not being inundated with offers for him? Were you really impressed with Origi yesterday when he came on, how many successful dribbles did he have, how was his link up play, how about meaningful passes. OK a bit unfair on him yesterday perhaps but what about other games this season, when he has come on, how often has he changed the game?

Origi has scored some important goals for us, there is no denying that, but its more from luck than skill, being in the right place at the right time etc, in my opinion he is one of the worst forwards to ever wear the shirt, on a par with Rickie Lambert, Voronin and that utter muppet Balotelli.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42008: Jun 22, 2020 02:41:15 pm
      in my opinion he is one of the worst forwards to ever wear the shirt, on a par with Rickie Lambert, Voronin and that utter muppet Balotelli.

Don't thing is Origi is THAT bad compared to those duds in fairness. He is at least some bit of a goal threat.

But yea he's not really good enough to stay here past the Summer, but due to Covid he will most likely still be with us next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,487 posts | 3666 
      Reply #42009: Jun 22, 2020 03:35:49 pm
      Don't thing is Origi is THAT bad compared to those duds in fairness. He is at least some bit of a goal threat.

But yea he's not really good enough to stay here past the Summer, but due to Covid he will most likely still be with us next season.

Other than the meme of his heroic goals, does anyone really feel like “Yes Divock is coming in to save us!” When he gets in the game?

I mean he’s had some great moments no doubt, but I just don’t see him as a game changer or a constant threat.  It like you say, likely doesn’t matter, he’s probably it for now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,469 posts | 2841 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #42010: Jun 22, 2020 04:35:03 pm
      Sorry but if someone genuinely thinks that Origi is better than Gabriel Jesus what would you call them?

You respect their opinion and the right for them to have a different one to you.

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2020 05:29:33 pm by MIRO »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42011: Jun 22, 2020 04:48:52 pm
      Other than the meme of his heroic goals, does anyone really feel like “Yes Divock is coming in to save us!” When he gets in the game?

I mean he’s had some great moments no doubt, but I just don’t see him as a game changer or a constant threat.  It like you say, likely doesn’t matter, he’s probably it for now.

In years to come Divock will be remembered fondly for the important goals he scored but that's all.

No one will remember what he was like as a player.

Also he could be a very good player for a lower level club so he is kind of wasted here given how little game time he gets.

We need a forward who can provide genuine competition with Mo and Mane, and be a rotation option.

How we do that under current financial constraints is another question.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42012: Jun 22, 2020 06:42:09 pm
      You respect their opinion and the right for them to have a different one to you.

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.

Wish you'd tell all the people who call me every name under the sun, or are we a bit biased in this regard?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42013: Jun 22, 2020 06:43:28 pm
      In years to come Divock will be remembered fondly for the important goals he scored but that's all.

No one will remember what he was like as a player.

Also he could be a very good player for a lower level club so he is kind of wasted here given how little game time he gets.

We need a forward who can provide genuine competition with Mo and Mane, and be a rotation option.

How we do that under current financial constraints is another question.

Sorry but I don't think he'd start in any team in this league, it's frustrating as he has the tools to be very good but it just doesn't quite work.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42014: Jun 22, 2020 06:54:00 pm
      Sorry but I don't think he'd start in any team in this league, it's frustrating as he has the tools to be very good but it just doesn't quite work.

I think he could do a job at a Palace or Newcastle. He's better than Benteke and Joelington who start.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42015: Jun 22, 2020 06:58:27 pm
      If we sell Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi we should have funds to put towards a couple of players.

Maybe Koulibaly and Dembele? :P
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42016: Jun 22, 2020 07:06:39 pm
      If we sell Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi we should have funds to put towards a couple of players.

Even tho I know you are joking, I would still say that Dembele is an absolute no go unless he comes in on a loan with an option to buy. Is he quality? Yes. But the guy can't stay fit for more than half a game.

I think since Barcelona bought him he didn't even play enough minutes for their fans to be able to judge him properly. They'll be shopping this guy around for a long time if they are seriously hoping to find someone crazy enough to pay them good money for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42017: Jun 22, 2020 07:19:51 pm

Never quite get the link with Koulibaly and us. He’s 28/29, would cost near on what we paid for Virgil and would just block off Gomez. For me, Gomez is right up there and is only going to get better, him and Virgil are the best pairing I think we could possibly want. Doesn’t make a lot of sense going for him IMO.
      Obviously you want players who can add quality depth to the team but I don’t think the money he would cost, and his age would justify bringing him in, in comparison to what he’d actually add to the team.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,469 posts | 2841 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #42018: Jun 22, 2020 07:29:00 pm
      Wish you'd tell all the people who call me every name under the sun, or are we a bit biased in this regard?

Those people (including me) have only given you back what you have first dished out.

If you cant take it mate ...   then as they say ....... go fly another airline .
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 414 
      Reply #42019: Jun 22, 2020 08:58:13 pm
      On Origi he needs to play through middle end of f**king discussion
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42020: Jun 22, 2020 09:03:33 pm
      Even tho I know you are joking, I would still say that Dembele is an absolute no go unless he comes in on a loan with an option to buy. Is he quality? Yes. But the guy can't stay fit for more than half a game.

I think since Barcelona bought him he didn't even play enough minutes for their fans to be able to judge him properly. They'll be shopping this guy around for a long time if they are seriously hoping to find someone crazy enough to pay them good money for him.

If we could sign him for around £50 million he would be worth the gamble I think. He's recovering from hamstring surgery now that's  kept him out the last few months.

But if he can regain fitness and stay healthy he is unplayable in the right team.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42021: Jun 22, 2020 09:22:18 pm
      Those people (including me) have only given you back what you have first dished out.

If you cant take it mate ...   then as they say ....... go fly another airline .

I think you'll find I very rarely call people names, but when someone tries to say that Origi is on a par with Gabriel Jesus then I can't help myself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42022: Jun 22, 2020 09:47:56 pm
      Traore becoming very similar now to how Bale developed but from Bales case on the left. He's on the rise now from raw potential to borderline unplayable. When he's got a full back in his sights 1v 1 he's the only winner. His cameo for Wolves yesterday won them the game from what was a certain 0-0. It reminded me so much of the early rise of Bale.

Shame he can't shoot like him. Remember his run at VVD earlier in the season, VVD just stands off him, so he tried to have a shot and dragged it miles wide.

As said he's very good running at people on the wing, but he's crap in the box or playing up top.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42023: Jun 22, 2020 09:52:27 pm

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.

To be fair he is right trying not to compare Origi to Jesus. You gotta love how chiiled the Big Div is, but I'd take Gabriel Jesus over him as a striker.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,043 posts | 106 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42024: Jun 22, 2020 11:56:16 pm
      Never quite get the link with Koulibaly and us. He’s 28/29, would cost near on what we paid for Virgil and would just block off Gomez. For me, Gomez is right up there and is only going to get better, him and Virgil are the best pairing I think we could possibly want. Doesn’t make a lot of sense going for him

I agree, I feel the same way with Raul Jimenez who is a great striker but his combination of age and potential transfer fee make it less attractive than someone in their early to mid 20's

Quick Reply