Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Burnley [Premier League] Sat 11th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W2 D0 L0

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2755573 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,432 posts | 4472 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42025: Jun 23, 2020 12:21:32 am
      I agree, I feel the same way with Raul Jimenez who is a great striker but his combination of age and potential transfer fee make it less attractive than someone in their early to mid 20's

Jimenez is a bit different, it's not like we have a young player already more than capable of coming into the attack and performing at a quality standard, at a level where they are just as good as anybody else we could potentially sign, which is the case with Gomez and CB. Basically, Gomez is the one who will be hampered if we signed Koulibaly, and from what I've seen of Koulibaly, he's not an upgrade on Gomez.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,043 posts | 106 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42026: Jun 23, 2020 05:34:14 am
      Jimenez is a bit different, it's not like we have a young player already more than capable of coming into the attack and performing at a quality standard, at a level where they are just as good as anybody else we could potentially sign, which is the case with Gomez and CB. Basically, Gomez is the one who will be hampered if we signed Koulibaly, and from what I've seen of Koulibaly, he's not an upgrade on Gomez.

I get what you are saying, I believe these two players fall under the same umbrella in terms of both are great players but won't improve the quality of starting XI by much (both would greatly improve depth). Both players value their clubs put on them will be much higher than what they are worth in market with their age. It would be more likely and reasonable to pay 80m for Koulibaly or 55m for Jimenez if they were in their mid 20's.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,212 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42027: Jun 23, 2020 09:41:40 am
      I get what you are saying, I believe these two players fall under the same umbrella in terms of both are great players but won't improve the quality of starting XI by much (both would greatly improve depth). Both players value their clubs put on them will be much higher than what they are worth in market with their age. It would be more likely and reasonable to pay 80m for Koulibaly or 55m for Jimenez if they were in their mid 20's.

In an ideal world you would buy players when they are 22 years old and established stars but it doesn't always work like that, sometimes you have to think a little bit short term, a good example of this would be Utd getting Van Persie for a couple of season where he helped them win a title.

Having said that I would prefer to stick with VVD and Joe in Central defence, Joe will only get better and better working alongside Virg, he may even become better some day. We do however need to get rid of Lovren and get one more good quality CB as I don;t see any of the youngsters ready to step up just yet.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42028: Jun 24, 2020 01:47:23 am
      Three rumors, that are only ''rumors'' but that I gave myself the liberty to post in here because Transfermarkt usually talks about something only if the rumor is coming from a respectable source or if its long-standing one that usually ends up being true one way or the other

Linking us with Thiago: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-interested-in-thiago-contract-talks-with-bayern-on-hold/view/news/363643

Among the players, it is rumored that Thiago, who has a market value of €48 million, has an offer to play under Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool.

The German manager is a big fan of the midfielder. Furthermore, Thiago could fill the gaping hole in midfield that Naby Keïta, signed from RB Leipzig in 2018, has thus far failed to fill. For Bayern Munich selling Thiago might also play in the club's hands. The Rekordmeister could use the money to sign Leroy Sané for whom Bayern want to pay no more than €40 million to Manchester City this summer.

Linking us with a move for Traore: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/traore-linked-with-liverpool-move-espirito-santo-not-sure-wolves-winger-will-stay-next-season/view/news/363599

Saying Gladbach wants Grujic for around 18M Euros:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/borussia-monchengladbach-want-marko-gruji%C4%87-entire-package-to-cost-euro-18m-/view/news/363641

Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach want to sign Liverpool's Marko Grujić, according to reports by Serbian media and Bild.

Gladbach would loan Grujić for one season and then sign the Serbian for €18 million on a more permanent deal in the summer of 2021, which would make him the third most expensive signing in the club's history.

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,618 posts | 1322 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #42029: Jun 24, 2020 09:39:23 am
      David Luis has signed a one year extension at arsenal.

Gutted.

For arsenal like, I wouldn't have him within a mile of our place, f***in donkey.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,212 posts | 2332 
      Reply #42030: Jun 24, 2020 10:09:08 am
      David Luis has signed a one year extension at arsenal.

Gutted.

For arsenal like, I wouldn't have him within a mile of our place, f***in donkey.

Can you imagine being a young defender at Arsenal seeing that Muppet get a 1-year extension and limiting your chances, I'd hand in a transfer request on the spot.
      It is utterly baffling what anyone sees in Luiz, he is by far the luckiest footballer I have ever seen in terms of getting highly paid work.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42031: Jun 24, 2020 05:23:54 pm
      Lots of rumours that Thiago wants to leave Bayern to sign for us.

What a position to be in that we have top players in Europe like Werner and Thiago that want to leave their clubs to play with us.

If only we could afford to buy them :D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42032: Jun 24, 2020 06:38:12 pm
      Currently watching the Wolves game and my god is Traore a good player. The combination of strength, speed, power, agility, and technical ability is just amazing.

He takes on defenders like they are cones he can just dribble around or push around with his shoulders and then zoom past them.

tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,241 posts | 276 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42033: Jun 24, 2020 07:07:46 pm
      He is certainly very strong something we lack
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,214 posts | 1011 
      Reply #42034: Jun 24, 2020 07:21:50 pm
      Currently watching the Wolves game and my god is Traore a good player. The combination of strength, speed, power, agility, and technical ability is just amazing.

He takes on defenders like they are cones he can just dribble around or push around with his shoulders and then zoom past them.

Really wish we had the money for him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,468 posts | 663 
      Reply #42035: Jun 24, 2020 07:43:33 pm
      I just worry about his end product , doesn’t score much and create much. Great pace and power
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42036: Jun 24, 2020 09:50:19 pm
      I just worry about his end product , doesn’t score much and create much. Great pace and power
      Doesn't score a lot, but he assists a lot. 3rd best assist provided in the league behind KDB and TAA with 9 of those. Considering they often leave him on the bench and play him late in games, this is even more impressive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42037: Jun 24, 2020 10:31:27 pm
      Doesn't score a lot, but he assists a lot. 3rd best assist provided in the league behind KDB and TAA with 9 of those. Considering they often leave him on the bench and play him late in games, this is even more impressive.

Just need a striker then who'll be in the box for his crosses. None of our strike force would complement Troare.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42038: Jun 24, 2020 10:40:48 pm
      Just need a striker then who'll be in the box for his crosses. None of our strike force would complement Troare.
      You'd think that at first but look at Trent and Robbo. Also, he's more than just a crosser of the ball. He can take it into the box, pass it, etc

However, I do agree that another striker would be our priority. But our wings also need back-up and Traore can play anywhere on the right flank.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42039: Jun 24, 2020 11:00:49 pm
      You'd think that at first but look at Trent and Robbo. Also, he's more than just a crosser of the ball. He can take it into the box, pass it, etc

However, I do agree that another striker would be our priority. But our wings also need back-up and Traore can play anywhere on the right flank.

I'd say we need back-up for Robbo definitely if Larouchi isn't up to the grade. Can't keep relying on Milner as cover.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,432 posts | 4472 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42040: Jun 24, 2020 11:37:44 pm
      I'd say we need back-up for Robbo definitely if Larouchi isn't up to the grade. Can't keep relying on Milner as cover.

Wouldn’t mind us seeing some of Adam Lewis, who FWIW, I would probably put ahead of Larouchi. But I think his knee injury has held him back a bit.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,499 posts | 2358 
      Reply #42041: Jun 24, 2020 11:56:50 pm
      Everyone should just relax for a week or so and enjoy watching what is one of the best sides to win this league.

We will strengthen, I have no doubt about that, but maybe the virus will delay that but for me I'm just enjoying how good a football side we have built right now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42042: Jun 25, 2020 12:02:49 am
      Wouldn’t mind us seeing some of Adam Lewis, who FWIW, I would probably put ahead of Larouchi. But I think his knee injury has held him back a bit.

Yeah completely slipped my mind, tbh Larouchi came to mind with the pre-season games and the Everton cup still fresh in the memory banks and was impressed by him. So either them two hopefully make the step up and it'll probably keep the bean counters happy if our reported financial situation means we're not spending much whenever the transfer window start and ends!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #42043: Jun 25, 2020 12:04:26 am
      Everyone should just relax for a week or so and enjoy watching what is one of the best sides to win this league.

We will strengthen, I have no doubt about that, but maybe the virus will delay that but for me I'm just enjoying how good a football side we have built right now.

Tbh not worrying just looking at the one key area I'd say we need to bolster.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,499 posts | 2358 
      Reply #42044: Jun 25, 2020 12:05:10 am
      Tbh not worrying just looking at the one key area I'd say we need to bolster.

I'm like yourself mate and not worrying at all.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,487 posts | 3958 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42045: Jun 25, 2020 02:46:15 am

Spot on boys, we see what we missing when Andy is not there.

Let's hope either of the lads make it next season to be Andy's understudy, just like Neco is TAA's. Get the chance, come on and do as good as job as the senior boys.  And we don't need to spend any money. Win Win.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,469 posts | 2841 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #42046: Jun 25, 2020 06:12:03 am
      For anyone who missed it there was a cameo of Adama Traore on MOTD last night (24/6/20) after they had broadcast the Wolves game.

Monster.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 319 posts | 102 
      Reply #42047: Jun 25, 2020 05:38:55 pm
      For anyone who missed it there was a cameo of Adama Traore on MOTD last night (24/6/20) after they had broadcast the Wolves game.

Monster.
      I don't know about Traore's attitude (which is the #1 thing Klopp looks for in a player I think), but everything else about him screams Jürgen Klopp project/player. If this whole virus thing didn't happen, I'd have my money on us completing his transfer this summer.

Let's hope we still do. Someone able to play anywhere on the right flank like him + a back up for Robbo and maybe a striker and I would be happy (Not that I am not already happy, we're about to win the PL  ;D :D )
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,149 posts | 1413 
      Reply #42048: Jun 25, 2020 05:45:48 pm
      I don't know about Traore's attitude (which is the #1 thing Klopp looks for in a player I think), but everything else about him screams Jürgen Klopp project/player. If this whole virus thing didn't happen, I'd have my money on us completing his transfer this summer.

Let's hope we still do. Someone able to play anywhere on the right flank like him + a back up for Robbo and maybe a striker and I would be happy (Not that I am not already happy, we're about to win the PL  ;D :D )

If we sign Traore I guess we won't really need a striker as we could play Traore on either wing and Mo or Mane through the middle if needed.

Signing Adama would certainly open up a lot of options.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts | 17 
      Reply #42049: Jun 26, 2020 04:43:23 am
      I still believe Brewster will become the player many expected prior to the injury.   The question is how soon.

Quick Reply