Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sun 5th Jul @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of July and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2751386 times
      tezmac, Swab and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,155 posts | 2325 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42050: Jun 26, 2020 08:20:26 am
      I still believe Brewster will become the player many expected prior to the injury.   The question is how soon.

I hope you are right but I'm not quite convinced yet, anyway who cares today, Champions!!!!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 302 posts | 99 
      Reply #42051: Jun 26, 2020 01:48:24 pm
      If we sign Traore I guess we won't really need a striker as we could play Traore on either wing and Mo or Mane through the middle if needed.

Signing Adama would certainly open up a lot of options.
      Agreed. It would be however a good thing if we could add striker with a bigger frame and a bit more talent in the air as it would compliment TAA  (and hypothetically Traore) main weapon.

Of course I'm not saying we change the way we play and ditch Firmino. I just think its nice to also have a more traditional striker because there's some games where you need to pump in crosses and have a tall presence or two in the box in order to break a deadlock.

Also, one thing I think a lot of people noticed. Mo in a more central role behind the striker (sort of like an AM) is magic. The few times I've seen him drop low, take the ball and start something from a central position he had the required vision, that feeling that he's almost gliding across the pitch with the ball and that wand of a left foot that made him dish out some nice defense-carving passes. Just pointing this out bc this could essentially mean that we can play a 4-2-3-1 with Traore on as the RW. I could see Firmino, Mane and Salah almost free roaming between AM, LW and ST in this formation if we master it well.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,473 posts | 2354 
      Reply #42052: Jun 26, 2020 05:48:11 pm
      How anyone can be bothered taking transfers today I'll never know.

Have a day off lads and enjoy the moment.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,554 posts | 2850 
      Reply #42053: Jun 26, 2020 05:54:26 pm

Yep.

Literally couldn't give a f**k right now.

Plenty of time for that sh*te.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,044 posts | 320 
      Reply #42054: Jun 28, 2020 01:53:16 am
      LB cover and Willian and Fraser on the free is good business. Win it again next season and save money for reload following season
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,122 posts | 1405 
      Reply #42055: Jun 28, 2020 01:37:18 pm
      LB cover and Willian and Fraser on the free is good business. Win it again next season and save money for reload following season

Fraser is overrated with a questionable attitude and Willian won't come here to sit on the bench plus he would command a big salary so a hard pass for me on both players.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,044 posts | 320 
      Reply #42056: Jun 28, 2020 07:31:09 pm
      I dunno. Maybe Willian can make some good money somewhere outside of Europe and get find a good run of games. However, to me at 31 it seems he would be a great fit for a big club in a similar role he's in now. I could see him taking a wage cut for a super sub role with the best team in the world and chase trophies on his way out. He would be a great guy to bring on for the final 15 minutes to either press the ball or to see a game out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,858 posts | 2358 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42057: Jun 29, 2020 09:42:19 am
      I dunno. Maybe Willian can make some good money somewhere outside of Europe and get find a good run of games. However, to me at 31 it seems he would be a great fit for a big club in a similar role he's in now. I could see him taking a wage cut for a super sub role with the best team in the world and chase trophies on his way out. He would be a great guy to bring on for the final 15 minutes to either press the ball or to see a game out.

Why the f**k would we sign a 31 yr old has been who is no better than we already have, where is the improvement or sense to be gained? he was a good player in his day but not now, signing this kind only hampers our young lads, we have players such as Curtis Jones, Harry Wilson etc who are young , hungry & determined, we don’t need a has been warming the bench who will gladly pocket thousands each week and not give a shiny sh*te whether he plays or not.

Y  N  W  A

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,044 posts | 320 
      Reply #42058: Jun 29, 2020 10:58:14 am

Why the f**k would we sign a 31 yr old has been who is no better than we already have, where is the improvement or sense to be gained? he was a good player in his day but not now, signing this kind only hampers our young lads, we have players such as Curtis Jones, Harry Wilson etc who are young , hungry & determined, we don’t need a has been warming the bench who will gladly pocket thousands each week and not give a shiny sh*te whether he plays or not.

Y  N  W  A

Willian brings way more experience, is PL proven, has way more work rate than Wilson (something Harry seems to be criticized for fairly regularly) and is a quality player who can come in and play a role for us. Any other time I wouldnt be for it, however, if we can get Willian in a deal that works for both parties he may be a nice stop gap until next season when our money options are a lot more clear.

There will be a lot of Football to go round and we're getting to a point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and the aging of players. Willian in a lot of ways is like Mily. Has great cardio, doesn't have as many miles on his legs as you might think (been a regular sub for a while now) and has a great understanding of the game. We could do a lot worse in a pandemic stricken off season
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,127 posts | 1178 
      Reply #42059: Jun 29, 2020 01:31:16 pm
      Tyrone Mings or Ake in place of Lovren for me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,122 posts | 1405 
      Reply #42060: Jun 29, 2020 02:25:46 pm
      Tyrone Mings or Ake in place of Lovren for me.

Yep both are better players.

If I had to choose one I would pick Ake he's better with the ball at his feet and a bit like a VVD lite.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,473 posts | 2354 
      Reply #42061: Jun 29, 2020 04:21:16 pm
      Willian brings way more experience, is PL proven, has way more work rate than Wilson (something Harry seems to be criticized for fairly regularly) and is a quality player who can come in and play a role for us. Any other time I wouldnt be for it, however, if we can get Willian in a deal that works for both parties he may be a nice stop gap until next season when our money options are a lot more clear.

There will be a lot of Football to go round and we're getting to a point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and the aging of players. Willian in a lot of ways is like Mily. Has great cardio, doesn't have as many miles on his legs as you might think (been a regular sub for a while now) and has a great understanding of the game. We could do a lot worse in a pandemic stricken off season

Agree, I wouldn't be against Willian or someone like him come in on a free.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,858 posts | 2358 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42062: Jun 29, 2020 04:24:39 pm

I’m trying to fathom your logic of bringing in a elder player as opposed to nurturing one of our young lads, we didn’t need his experience when we knocked Blueshite & Shrewsbury out of the cup using our young lads did we ?
      You said, and I’ll quote....there will be a lot of football to go round and we’re getting to the point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and ‘ageing’ player, end quote,
      So you want to rotate more when there’s a rush of games and rotate our elder players with eh....elder players, that really does make sense doesn’t it ?

This the kind of planning and thoughtfulness that belongs in the land of mediocrity, you know that place where the likes of Hodgson, Bruce, Pulis , Allardyce etc thrive in, old school management that gets you f***in nowhere, potless & f***in brainless hoofball mentality.

Y  N  W  A
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,044 posts | 320 
      Reply #42063: Jun 29, 2020 06:36:58 pm

I’m trying to fathom your logic of bringing in a elder player as opposed to nurturing one of our young lads, we didn’t need his experience when we knocked Blueshite & Shrewsbury out of the cup using our young lads did we ?
      You said, and I’ll quote....there will be a lot of football to go round and we’re getting to the point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and ‘ageing’ player, end quote,
      So you want to rotate more when there’s a rush of games and rotate our elder players with eh....elder players, that really does make sense doesn’t it ?

This the kind of planning and thoughtfulness that belongs in the land of mediocrity, you know that place where the likes of Hodgson, Bruce, Pulis , Allardyce etc thrive in, old school management that gets you f***in nowhere, potless & f***in brainless hoofball mentality.

Y  N  W  A

Again, I pointed out a few things that Willian can do very well and also stated he isn't your typical 31. He has played off the bench for a good while now and understands his role. If he came here he would be nothing more than a rotation player and sub. A lot of guys who are used to playing week in and week out would probably struggle to be relegated to that role, however, Willian understands it well as it's what he's used to.

Willian is the perfect player to see a game out when we have a lead. He works really hard off the ball and is a wonderful presser of the ball. IMO I think Willian gives you a better chance seeing a game out over Harvey. If Harvey were 21 I could see freaking out about a guy 10 years his senior taking minutes from him. However, the kids 17 and isn't ready to break in just yet. He needs more time to mature, and he can do that on the training ground. If any youngsterwould be hampered by Willian (or someone like him coming in) its Wilson. I don't think he really fits what we do IMO. He's had a decent run this year in the PL. We could sell him to raise funds. Again this is just my opinion
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,155 posts | 2325 
      Reply #42064: Jun 29, 2020 09:43:26 pm

Bingo, for 1 year he'd be great cover to the forwards and we could easily start him in quite a few games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,461 posts | 3943 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42065: Jun 30, 2020 01:17:16 am

ABSAFUCKINGLOOTLEY!!!
      Dadorious

• 9,127 posts | 1178 
      Reply #42066: Jun 30, 2020 02:31:33 am
      Yep both are better players.

If I had to choose one I would pick Ake he's better with the ball at his feet and a bit like a VVD lite.

Yep plus Ake and Virgil already line up together for the Dutch team.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 92 
      Reply #42067: Jun 30, 2020 05:22:49 pm

I know we should but I've just spent the last 3 months googling about 300 times a day and stressing whether the PL will be finished/voided/restarted and so on, I have drove myself and the Mrs mad.. I can't switch off now.. 😂
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,459 posts | 2837 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #42068: Jun 30, 2020 09:37:13 pm
      Adama.

Today's Echo has a quote from Joe Cole.

Telling Adama Traore to stay at Wolves where he is better off.

Mr Cole.  Hodgson's first signing on four year £90,000 a week contract ... then ...  July 2010.

Injury prone shipped off to Lille after one year before getting shot of him completely in 2013.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

42 LFC  appearances in total over three years ( 12 months at Lille ) and a grand total of 5 goals.

Cole then slagged us off saying that joining the Reds was a "mistake" due to him "not feeling any connection with the club or the fans."
      Nor us with you , you cockney b***ard.

Seems that the Liverpool FC bank account made a connection to his bank OK for three years to the tune of £3 million .
      No mistake in that for him.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020 09:54:13 pm by MIRO »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,380 posts | 4453 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42069: Jun 30, 2020 10:20:21 pm
      Cole then slagged us off saying that joining the Reds was a "mistake" due to him "not feeling any connection with the club or the fans."

Seems he forgets he didn’t do himself any favours by getting sent off on his debut and followed that up with a “couldn’t give a sh*t” attitude and performances.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,122 posts | 1405 
      Reply #42070: Jun 30, 2020 10:54:45 pm
      Adama.

Mr Cole.  Hodgson's first signing on four year £90,000 a week contract ... then ...  July 2010.

Injury prone shipped off to Lille after one year before getting shot of him completely in 2013.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

42 LFC  appearances in total over three years ( 12 months at Lille ) and a grand total of 5 goals.

Seems that the Liverpool FC bank account made a connection to his bank OK for three years to the tune of £3 million .

Joe Cole was a lazy little sh*t signed by a delusional old tw*t symbolizing one of the lowest periods in the club's history.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,155 posts | 2325 
      Reply #42071: Jul 01, 2020 08:19:43 am
      Adama.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

I agree, why he has now become a pundit is baffling to me, he seems like such a f**king moron every time he speaks with that whiny voice of his.
      tezmac

• 7,234 posts | 276 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42072: Jul 01, 2020 12:01:35 pm
      Cockney c**t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,746 posts | 4468 
      Reply #42073: Jul 01, 2020 02:34:53 pm
      Adama.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

To be fair to Roy, it wasn't really his signing, it was Purslow playing Champ Manager!!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,554 posts | 2850 
      Reply #42074: Jul 01, 2020 06:05:18 pm
      To be fair to Roy, it wasn't really his signing, it was Purslow playing Champ Manager!!

No being fair to Roy.

He was, and remains, a thundercunt of massive proportions.

Quick Reply