Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4202693 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42067: Jul 24, 2020 11:04:35 am
      No they didn’t. Kovacic cost near on 50mill and that money left over would have covered the Pulisic signing too.

Let the Chavs sign whoever they want, FWIW I don’t even think Ziyech is all that and is over rated. I mean there must be a reason why nobody else has signed him before now or taken advantage of the fairly low price tag, and a I don’t believe it’s because he had his heart set on a move to the Chavs. I wouldn’t have been over the moon either if we had gone and signed Havertz for 80mill+ either given he’s proven little so far and seems like a Joao Felix signing that Atlético made last summer; hopefully he goes on to struggle as much as Felix has too.

I’m not worried, their attack hasn’t been the issue this season and didn’t particularly need massive re-enforcement to this extent, the issue was they have a sh*te defence and a sh*te keeper. Something they clearly aren’t fussed about.

Spot on, Chelsea need defenders not attackers, how do these good young players coming through the ranks at Chelsea feel about this, not to happy I'd imagine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #42068: Jul 24, 2020 12:27:44 pm
      Also spends to much time on social media too. He can play though. Many United fans think we're having him but I don't  If what you hear is true it's Sancho. However, if it was me it would priorities a CB.

Back onto Topic. In a decent team I think he would be up there mate.

Earlier on before Corona kicked in, weren't you lot keeping tabs on Maddison too?

I think he was the one you were looking rather than Grealish, plus the fact Maddison's a Utd fan as well!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42069: Jul 24, 2020 01:30:16 pm
      With the trophy lifted, focus I guess will turn to the comings and goings.
      Jürgen has been brilliant when it comes to signings.
      Lallana and Lovren leaving - OK, neither had much game time recently, but they were experienced players with an impact on the dressing room and in training, and who could come in and do a job.
      Think Jürgen will bring in someo new faces - looking forward to seeing who :)
      Always good to bring in some new blood to freshen things up - we always did it in the past.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,922 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42070: Jul 24, 2020 01:54:59 pm
      Earlier on before Corona kicked in, weren't you lot keeping tabs on Maddison too?

I think he was the one you were looking rather than Grealish, plus the fact Maddison's a Utd fan as well!!

If you believe everything in social media yes. However, Brendon always maintained he was going nowhere.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #42071: Jul 25, 2020 05:01:29 pm
      If you believe everything in social media yes. However, Brendon always maintained he was going nowhere.

Tbh wasn't so much social media more Utd's information service of Neville & Tyler ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,922 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42072: Jul 25, 2020 08:24:59 pm
      Tbh wasn't so much social media more Utd's information service of Neville & Tyler ;)

It's all mind games HR  ;D Teams are not adverse to them either, just look at the latest one United are doing with ( allegedly )) Kingsley Coman. It's all scare mongering tactics to unsettle Borussia Dortmund valuation.  :lmao:
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #42073: Jul 25, 2020 09:16:12 pm
      Do we really need a signing this season ?, lets see how the season goes. If its not broke,why fix it
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #42074: Jul 25, 2020 09:47:46 pm
      Do we really need a signing this season ?, lets see how the season goes. If its not broke,why fix it

Definitely need to strengthen to stay on top. A CB if Lovren goes, a LB to support Andy and a striker as cover for the front 3.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #42075: Jul 25, 2020 09:59:55 pm
      It's all mind games HR  ;D Teams are not adverse to them either, just look at the latest one United are doing with ( allegedly )) Kingsley Coman. It's all scare mongering tactics to unsettle Borussia Dortmund valuation.  :lmao:

I've literally just seen that.

Massive big leap from wanting to buy Sancho to just wanting to loan Coman though!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,922 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42076: Jul 25, 2020 10:12:59 pm
      I've literally just seen that.

Massive big leap from wanting to buy Sancho to just wanting to loan Coman though!

Agreed it is.  ;D Can't see it myself, usual bullshit. We've been linked to about 20 players now.  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 2810 
      Reply #42077: Jul 26, 2020 01:09:46 am

Genuine question - has there been a team in the last 20 years that have stood still in the transfer market for two consecutive years and still stayed at the top?

We need to keep pushing to be better.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,744 posts | 858 
      Reply #42078: Jul 26, 2020 05:53:02 am
      Genuine question - has there been a team in the last 20 years that have stood still in the transfer market for two consecutive years and still stayed at the top?

There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to be doing business. Only I don't think it's going to be the big deals some people are dreaming of.

A CB and a LB will surely be bought. I'd be surprised we go into the new season with 3CBs and 1 LB.

Other than that everything else is uncertain and leaning towards the "we're not gonna be spending big" side
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2020 05:59:41 am by PolarBearRed »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42079: Jul 26, 2020 08:55:55 am

YES, as others have mentioned need LB cover, need a CB to cover Lovren leaving  although possibly one of the youngsters is ready to step up in both positions. What we really need is a 4th quality forward, perhaps that will be Rhian but I'd prefer someone more established and proven.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #42080: Jul 26, 2020 10:17:50 pm
      I don't think we stood still last summer.   The Adrian deal was very important to our league triumph.  Can one imagine if we had Karius for the first 8 or so games!   We signed a fantastic young talent in Harvey.  We didn't throw hard cash but thought we have strengthen the squad since last summer.   The defender we bought seem to have potential but still looks at least a couple of seasons off.   We opened the door to Williams and Curtis so overall there has been plenty of progress.

I really think though we need a fast wide forward to compete with Salah and Mane.  We will need to address 4th Choice CB. LB back will do no harm too. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #42081: Jul 26, 2020 10:50:58 pm
      We should definitely look to sign Sarr from Watford now they are relegated he will want out and they will need cash.

Also either Jamal Lewis from Norwich or Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth would be really good cover for Robbo at LB.

Plus Thiago and a CB then we'll be set for the new season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #42082: Jul 26, 2020 10:53:18 pm

Of course we need signings. Do you think big clubs just sit on their hands when they start having success?

No, they build on it.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42083: Jul 26, 2020 11:23:58 pm

Didn't Spurs do it under Poch when the stadium was being built?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #42084: Jul 26, 2020 11:56:27 pm

Yes, and what success did they have exactly?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42085: Jul 27, 2020 12:13:49 am

Spurs certainly weren’t at the top.

We won’t spend a massive amount this summer, I’d be surprised if we don’t sign anyone though. But I wouldn’t expect to see any news about anyone signing until we’ve officially moved over to Nike, which is around the 3rd of August I think.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #42086: Jul 27, 2020 08:01:44 am
      If this is true they've basically signed a new forward line with him Ziyech and Werner. A very handy front three, but they should really be signing some defenders, they're awful at the back.

I seem to recall that the game that inspired Abramovich to get involved  was a CL tie between Madrid and the Mancs which turned into practically a goal every attack for both teams.
      He’s maybe looking to win every game 5-4 next season?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #42087: Jul 27, 2020 08:17:44 am
      For me the transfer situation is quite easy.
      Pick your best XI
      Now go through it player by player
      If that player goes down with a long term injury (say 3 months) who are you bringing in?
      If you are happy with the replacement then it’s not an issue.
      (M)
      If you are happy with the replacement but an upgrade can be bought at a reasonable sum it’s a like. (GK FB)
      If you’re not happy with the replacement but an upgrade (or less of a talent drop off) can be bought at a reasonable sum it’s a need. (CH)
      If you’re not happy with the replacement but an upgrade or less of a talent drop off is going to cost the earth? That’s when the fun starts. (F)
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #42088: Jul 27, 2020 11:15:20 am
      Just thinking... But is it the actual value that would put the club off signing a player or is it more not breaking the wage structure? For example we probably could have/should have signed Werner but how can we justify breaking the wage structure and upsetting the apple cart? That's why I'm thinking also there will be no Thiago deal.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #42089: Jul 27, 2020 02:20:45 pm
      Of course we need signings. Do you think big clubs just sit on their hands when they start having success?

No, they build on it.

After watching the first half against Newcastle, have to agree Neco still has a bit to go before he is ready, felt sorry for him

Quick Reply