Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179881 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42274: Aug 14, 2020 08:04:07 pm
      Great player but by the sounds of things he'll be earning 220k p/w at Arsenal, which is the same as what Van Dijk earns now. Couldn't see us offering much more than half of that figure if we were only going to use him on a rotational basis

Off topic sorry.. VVD on £220k? Didn't think Liverpools pay structure went that high? Is he the highest paid player then?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42275: Aug 14, 2020 08:16:34 pm
      Off topic sorry.. VVD on £220k? Didn't think Liverpools pay structure went that high? Is he the highest paid player then?

Yeah, he's the highest at the minute I think. Was initially 180k p/w but I read that his contract contained a clause which upped his wage to 220k p/w if we won the league.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42276: Aug 14, 2020 08:37:31 pm
      Yeah, he's the highest at the minute I think. Was initially 180k p/w but I read that his contract contained a clause which upped his wage to 220k p/w if we won the league.

Wow really!!  So basically another 40k a week ( a years wages + to many ) Wages are unbelievable in this day and age but if one player deserves it it's him, he did win you the league for me.

Right back on topic thank you.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42277: Aug 14, 2020 08:47:44 pm
      Wow really!!  So basically another 40k a week ( a years wages + to many ) Wages are unbelievable in this day and age but if one player deserves it it's him, he did win you the league for me.

Right back on topic thank you.

As mad as it sounds we've probably got him on the cheap! If he were to leave tomorrow he'd pick up 300k+ a week at his next club no problem
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #42278: Aug 15, 2020 05:55:23 am
      Wow..220 per week for Willian?

It sometimes amazes me that we are able to keep players having as "low" of a wage structure as we do. Really speaks to what we've built here that players are willing to take less than they might be able to get at other teams to be a part of this.

While our player’s contracts have “relatively modest“ base salaries, they are heavily incentivized.  Bonuses for goals, assists, clean sheets, etc. can (and do) bump up the cash our boys take home considerably. 

Any comparison of wages per week with players on other teams doesn't tell the whole story.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42279: Aug 15, 2020 10:17:57 am
      While our player’s contracts have “relatively modest“ base salaries, they are heavily incentivized.  Bonuses for goals, assists, clean sheets, etc. can (and do) bump up the cash our boys take home considerably. 

Any comparison of wages per week with players on other teams doesn't tell the whole story.

Nah

Modern top level contracts dont have goal, assist orclean sheet bonuses

They really dont

Only bonuses included are team success bonuses.
      Finishing in CL places, winning the league, winning the CL, winning domestic trophies

Not individual bonuses
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #42280: Aug 15, 2020 11:04:41 am
      Nah

Modern top level contracts dont have goal, assist orclean sheet bonuses

They really dont

Only bonuses included are team success bonuses.
      Finishing in CL places, winning the league, winning the CL, winning domestic trophies

Not individual bonuses

Think you find they do
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42281: Aug 15, 2020 11:28:51 am
      Good job Arsenal sacked 55 people to save a few thousand per week, not sure they’d have managed to give Willian over £10mill a year otherwise.

Shithouses

Not that I give a Shiny sh*te about Arsenal I don’t but there’s something morally wrong here, how can a multi million Pound club like the Gooners sack 55 of their staff, because they could no longer pay their wages, then less than two weeks later sign a player on £220k a week, it’s just f***in wrong whatever way you look at it,
      The Kranky Kroenke lot have more dollar than a third country but couldn’t pay their own staff on meagre money, now please don’t give me any f***in bullshit about they Can’t use any of their own money, REALLY ?

C’mon, the wages of 55 staff is nothing to these f***in parasites yet, they would rather see to it that they lose their jobs, their livelihoods just so they could save something like £2.75m pa,

This is nothing short of your capitalist bully stamping on the necks of its plebs shouting “ How f***in dare you cost us over £2m you horrible bas**rds”

For me, every working class football fan from whatever club boycott the Emirates stadium from next season, I’m sure there are hundreds of Arsenal fans sickened by this , they too should boycott going to home games, what do you think would happen if our owners did something similar .......

.......ANARCHY at Anfield would be one headline I can think of .

Y  N  W  A
      Kopite78
      Reply #42282: Aug 15, 2020 12:33:49 pm

Proof?

I remember hearing Carra talk for example a few years ago regarding the argument he had with Arbeloa at West Brom and he was directly asked did he kick off because of a clean sheet bonus

Bollocks he said, we haven't had those in liverpool contracts for years, I kicked off because we were trying to get Pepe the golden glove and for personal pride. Not money incentive

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #42283: Aug 15, 2020 12:43:46 pm
      Proof?

I remember hearing Carra talk for example a few years ago regarding the argument he had with Arbeloa at West Brom and he was directly asked did he kick off because of a clean sheet bonus

Bollocks he said, we haven't had those in liverpool contracts for years, I kicked off because we were trying to get Pepe the golden glove and for personal pride. Not money incentive

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5718729/amp/Virgil-van-Dijk-handed-750-000-Liverpool-helps-22-clean-sheets-season.html

No idea how credible it is but claims from Der Spiegel of details of bonuses in contracts.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #42284: Aug 15, 2020 01:38:08 pm
      Proof?

Err proof is my Cousin was a professional footballer who played all leagues including premier league he had bonuses for being on bench , appearances and goals. 

Kopite78
      Reply #42285: Aug 15, 2020 01:42:22 pm
      Err proof is my Cousin was a professional footballer who played all leagues including premier league he had bonuses for being on bench , appearances and goals.

That's proof then

My cousin invented the moon and categorically tells me its defo made of cheese
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #42286: Aug 15, 2020 01:48:38 pm
      That's proof then

My cousin invented the moon and categorically tells me its defo made of cheese

Oh right yeh must of been lying then just hold your hand up when you state something you are clearly wrong on
      Kopite78
      Reply #42287: Aug 15, 2020 01:51:02 pm
      Oh right yeh must of been lying then just hold your hand up when you state something you are clearly wrong on

I will

Higgy has provided something more concrete though than
      My cousin told me

It must be something reintroduced under FSG

Sound, no worries like

So we have both learnt something today via faceless cousins

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #42288: Aug 15, 2020 01:56:10 pm
      I will

My cousin told me

Sound, no worries like

More concrete than an actual real life person who has absolutely FA reason to lie . I havent learnt anything today that I never knew before
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42289: Aug 15, 2020 02:17:30 pm
      I will

My cousin told me

Sound, no worries like

It was re-introduced under FSG.
      The contracts are heavily incentivised.

There was a big palaver about it on these very boards, with the usual suspects using it as a stick to beat the owners with.

Something else they did that seems to have worked out well.

Same as Edwards, who got dogs abuse on here.
      Same as the Moneyball theory (which doesn't mean buying on the cheap, it means using statistical analysis to buy players.)
      Kopite78
      Reply #42290: Aug 15, 2020 02:23:22 pm
      It was re-introduced under FSG.
      The contracts are heavily incentivised.

There was a big palaver about it on these very boards, with the usual suspects using it as a stick to beat the owners with.

Something else they did that seems to have worked out well.

Same as Edwards, who got dogs abuse on here.
      Same as the Moneyball theory (which doesn't mean buying on the cheap, it means using statistical analysis to buy players.)

I haven't criticized it

It's been reintroduced, sound

Things like goal bonuses were taken out as I understood as it created selfishness in forwards who maybe didn't look to the best option but to the most lucrative

More concrete than an actual real life person who has absolutely FA reason to lie . I havent learnt anything today that I never knew before

Real life actual to you.. could be absolute bollocks like to everyone else
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2020 02:28:53 pm by Kopite78 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42291: Aug 15, 2020 03:35:14 pm
      I haven't criticized it

It's been reintroduced, sound

Things like goal bonuses were taken out as I understood as it created selfishness in forwards who maybe didn't look to the best option but to the most lucrative

Never said you did.

If a forward is thinking more about a goal bonus than he is about his team, then I don't think we want them here.
      I'm pretty sure Klopp thinks the same when he alludes to players having the right mentality.

Some clubs do it, others don't.

At the moment, we do.
      Under different owners at some point in the future, maybe we won't.
      Either way, it's working for us now, so I don't see it as any kind of a big deal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42292: Aug 15, 2020 06:00:23 pm
      Never said you did.

If a forward is thinking more about a goal bonus than he is about his team, then I don't think we want them here.
      I'm pretty sure Klopp thinks the same when he alludes to players having the right mentality.

Some clubs do it, others don't.

At the moment, we do.
      Under different owners at some point in the future, maybe we won't.
      Either way, it's working for us now, so I don't see it as any kind of a big deal.

There'd be a any easy solution, make it a goals plus assist bonus for the forwards rather than just goals bonus, that way a forward would seek out the best opportunity to add to his tally instead of just being selfish and going for goal themselves, Salah take note! ;-)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42294: Aug 15, 2020 08:33:30 pm

So i need to know who your cousin is as I'm a lazy tw*t
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #42295: Aug 15, 2020 08:53:36 pm
      So i need to know who your cousin is as I'm a lazy tw*t

??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42296: Aug 15, 2020 08:58:42 pm

Who is he? If he was a professional footballer then some people will know who he is so would have no problem with you naming him I’m sure.

Quick Reply