Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205175 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42297: Aug 15, 2020 09:04:34 pm
      Who is he? If he was a professional footballer then some people will know who he is so would have no problem with you naming him I’m sure.

Called Richard Chaplow bit of  journey man in end but played Burnley ,West Brom ,Southamption did you think I was making it up
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42298: Aug 15, 2020 10:00:04 pm
      Called Richard Chaplow bit of  journey man in end but played Burnley ,West Brom ,Southamption did you think I was making it up

Whether I think someone is making it up or not is irrelevant because I will never know either way, was just curious who it was that’s all.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #42299: Aug 15, 2020 10:24:39 pm
      Whether I think someone is making it up or not is irrelevant because I will never know either way, was just curious who it was that’s all.

Fair enough hardly ripped it up but he was the one who crossed it when Burnley knocked us out in FA cup Traore O.G . Didnt speak for a while after that  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42300: Aug 16, 2020 07:45:07 pm
      At the training camp in Austria, along with Virgil, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip (who is rehabbing), there are four young centre backs present: Kijana Hoever, Sepp Van Den Berg, Nat Phillips and Billy Koumetio.

This may signal that Jürgen is looking to fill that need for a 4th centre back from within rather than via a transfer. None of those guys have anything more that the barest first team experience. I guess Phillips played the most at Stuttgart in German Second Division.

We'll see what happens.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42301: Aug 16, 2020 07:55:33 pm

Do you have a similar hairstyle ?
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #42302: Aug 16, 2020 09:01:53 pm

That was brought on by glandular fever can confirm full head of hair myself
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42303: Aug 17, 2020 04:47:11 am
      At the training camp in Austria, along with Virgil, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip (who is rehabbing), there are four young centre backs present: Kijana Hoever, Sepp Van Den Berg, Nat Phillips and Billy Koumetio.

This may signal that Jürgen is looking to fill that need for a 4th centre back from within rather than via a transfer. None of those guys have anything more that the barest first team experience. I guess Phillips played the most at Stuttgart in German Second Division.

We'll see what happens.

Phillips look the most physically developed of the 4. I was thinking the same think about 4th choice when watching Inside training, that it's going to be one of these lads. No one coming in to replace Lovren.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42304: Aug 17, 2020 06:13:50 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42305: Aug 17, 2020 07:19:46 am

We'll see what happens.

Hoever, Koumetio and Van Den Berg are a long way off ready yet and Phillips is about 23 now so I think we’d have seen more of him by now if he was ever going to be in our plans. Think their inclusion in pre-season is nothing more than just filling out the squad and giving the 3 youngsters a bit of senior experience, same as every pre-season squad.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #42306: Aug 17, 2020 08:10:21 am
      Phillips has a few Bundesliga games under his belt now, he's likely to be as ready as he's ever likely to be at 23.
      If he isn't ready to step up to be the 4th choice by now then we should maybe cash in and bring in another Tsimikas style signing instead.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #42307: Aug 18, 2020 01:02:38 pm
      It's been written that Barcelona wants to sell many players. I'm sure there a great bargains to get there.

I would not mind having Pique here ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #42308: Aug 18, 2020 01:48:30 pm
      It's been written that Barcelona wants to sell many players. I'm sure there a great bargains to get there.

As a 4th choice maybe.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42309: Aug 18, 2020 02:38:24 pm

How about Suarez, I'd have him back, imagine that forward line and bench!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42310: Aug 18, 2020 02:46:24 pm

Why would you have a snake back?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42311: Aug 18, 2020 03:03:26 pm

I'd rather have the next Suarez than the one who played for Barca when they had 4 players up front, against Bayern,
      who were waiting for someone else to press and recover the ball.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42312: Aug 18, 2020 03:54:38 pm

Because he's the best player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt, his goal against Bayern the other night was a thing of absolute beauty
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42313: Aug 18, 2020 03:57:36 pm
      Because he's the best player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt, his goal against Bayern the other night was a thing of absolute beauty

Not sure members on here would agree with that one. Bit like the Ronaldo Messi thread.  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #42314: Aug 18, 2020 04:00:06 pm

You close your eyes when Stevie played?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42315: Aug 18, 2020 04:36:21 pm
      You close your eyes when Stevie played?

What about Rush? The f**ker never missed.  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #42316: Aug 18, 2020 04:39:54 pm
      What about Rush? The f**ker never missed.  ;D

And Barnes

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42317: Aug 18, 2020 04:49:32 pm

Not in the same league as Rush mate. Was you about in those days as don't know your age Kopite. One of the most clinical finishers of his generation. Paisley put him on the transfer list because  Rush said if he didn't put him in the first team he was off.  ;D However, Rushie went on as we all know to be in my opinion the best striker you ever had. The snake wouldn't of licked his boots he was that good.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42318: Aug 18, 2020 04:53:17 pm
      Not in the same league as Rush mate. Was you about in those days as don't know your age Kopite. One of the most clinical finishers of his generation. Paisley put him on the transfer list because  Rush said if he didn't put him in the first team he was off.  ;D However, Rushie went on as we all know to be in my opinion the best striker you ever had. The snake wouldn't of licked his boots he was that good.

Yes mate, the 78 is a clue as to when I was born 😉

Rush was my original hero, I actually share a birthday with him. You're not quite right on what he asked to be put on the transfer list there though

I'm not comparing Rush and Barnes, I'm saying Barnes was better than Suarez too

Hed be a 100m+ footballer in the modern game
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42319: Aug 18, 2020 05:00:55 pm
      Yes mate, the 78 is a clue as to when I was born 😉

Rush was my original hero, I actually share a birthday with him. You're not quite right on what he asked to be put on the transfer list there though

I'm not comparing Rush and Barnes, I'm saying Barnes was better than Suarez too

Hed be a 100m+ footballer in the modern game

Apparantly that was the case but for fear of going off topic won't go into it.
      Pains me to say it but think the snake was better than Barnes.

Better get back on topic   ;D

Quick Reply