Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203254 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42366: Aug 24, 2020 09:33:57 pm
      UEFA suspended the FFP for this transfer window and now Chelsea are going to spend the equivalent of the budget of a small country in a couple of months. Ridiculous what football is becoming. How is that even enjoyable as a fan?

After signing Ziyech, Werner, and Kai Havertz, they are now going to sign Silva on a free and are apparently already going for Malang Sarr. How fu**ed up has football become that you can literally build a team in one window (and with superstars at that)

Edit: I forgot that they are also about to sign Chilwell. I wouldn't be surprised if after that we start hearing rumours of them going for a world lass GK.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2020 09:44:08 pm by PolarBearRed »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #42367: Aug 24, 2020 10:14:00 pm
      UEFA suspended the FFP for this transfer window and now Chelsea are going to spend the equivalent of the budget of a small country in a couple of months. Ridiculous what football is becoming. How is that even enjoyable as a fan?

After signing Ziyech, Werner, and Kai Havertz, they are now going to sign Silva on a free and are apparently already going for Malang Sarr. How fu**ed up has football become that you can literally build a team in one window (and with superstars at that)

Edit: I forgot that they are also about to sign Chilwell. I wouldn't be surprised if after that we start hearing rumours of them going for a world lass GK.

The irony is -- this isn't even the first time Chelsea have done this.  They spent £325M in 4 years after Roman took over, and that was back when top tier signings were around £20M - £30M.  A lot of people like to bag on City and PSG for their frivolous spending, but Chelsea were really the first to simply buy their way to success in my opinion. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42368: Aug 24, 2020 10:42:58 pm
      Kristoffer Ajer.

Makes more sense than Thiago.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42369: Aug 24, 2020 10:43:00 pm
      The irony is -- this isn't even the first time Chelsea have done this.  They spent £325M in 4 years after Roman took over, and that was back when top tier signings were around £20M - £30M.  A lot of people like to bag on City and PSG for their frivolous spending, but Chelsea were really the first to simply buy their way to success in my opinion.

Hardly a controversial opinion, of course they were
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #42370: Aug 24, 2020 11:18:13 pm
      Kristoffer Ajer.

Wait, what? Dude c’mon.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #42371: Aug 24, 2020 11:19:25 pm

I saw a story today that said that they were literally considering if they should move for Messi (should he look for a move). It’s madness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42372: Aug 24, 2020 11:26:25 pm

So? Werner is the only one that really makes me think they could really benefit from, the others I don’t, certainly not Chilwell! I’d rather keep Alonso than sign Chilwell for mega money.

As for a 36 yr old Thiago Silva, nah they can crack on.

Chelsea have never had success with big money signings that will Apparently push them on to the next level; Kepa, Morata, Torres, Shevchenko, Batsuyai, Bakayoko, Jorginho etc. Paying 90mill for Havertz is up there with Arsenal paying a similar fee for Pepe.

F**k ‘em. When it doesn’t work out then it will be even more amusing when Fat Frank gets the sack. Which I’m confident will happen because each and everyone of their signings this summer appear like panic buys, especially when their attack wasn’t the issue last season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #42373: Aug 24, 2020 11:32:45 pm
      You need to look at this Havertz deal wholostically with all fees, add one, and salary. That’s 200m! Absolutely ludicrous not many can compete with that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3399 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42374: Aug 24, 2020 11:42:14 pm
      I saw a story today that said that they were literally considering if they should move for Messi (should he look for a move). It’s madness.

Oblak as well
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3399 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42375: Aug 24, 2020 11:42:56 pm
      Kristoffer Ajer.

He is sh*te, long streak of Norwegian piss
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #42376: Aug 25, 2020 12:26:20 am
      So? Werner is the only one that really makes me think they could really benefit from, the others I don’t, certainly not Chilwell! I’d rather keep Alonso than sign Chilwell for mega money.

As for a 36 yr old Thiago Silva, nah they can crack on.

Chelsea have never had success with big money signings that will Apparently push them on to the next level; Kepa, Morata, Torres, Shevchenko, Batsuyai, Bakayoko, Jorginho etc. Paying 90mill for Havertz is up there with Arsenal paying a similar fee for Pepe.

F**k ‘em. When it doesn’t work out then it will be even more amusing when Fat Frank gets the sack. Which I’m confident will happen because each and everyone of their signings this summer appear like panic buys, especially when their attack wasn’t the issue last season.
      Yeah, the question around if those signings are going to pan out as they hope they will is legitimate and some of those signings are questionable but my point was that even tho it's been like that for years now, this is total bullshit and you don't get used to it.

Chelsea literally have no common sense when it comes to their transfers. In the past few years they have recruited like they were literally blind with the likes Kepa, Luiz, Bakayoko, Rudiger, etc yet it makes no difference at all. They can just crack on and reconstruct the team in one window. Even for the traditional big European spenders (RM, Juve, Bayern, etc) f**king up so bad in the transfer market would mean reconstructing a squad for at least 3 or 4 windows yet Chelsea, City and PSG can literally swap a whole f**king team out in one window and have another try at it until they get the trophy they want.

This is why we (owners) were pissed at the CAS CITY/UEFA ruling. FSG like other owners believed in FFP and played by the rules in terms of building a successful club while making sure it was financially sustainable. While this was happening City spent more than billion, PSG spent more than a billion and Chelsea are on their way to do that too. How is that fair and how can you compete with this in the long run without handing the club to another bottomless pit of money emir or sheikh? I mean, we were on the verge of having yet another team like that (Newcastle). Complete madness

Edit: I think they are going to keep going until they completely F**k the game up. UEFA, FIFA and all those other corrupt bodies are not facing the real problem and when there will be enough noise they will eventually try to patch it up with stupid sh*t like ''salary caps'' and other artificial crap like that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42377: Aug 25, 2020 12:33:25 am

Now I really hope we sign him so The Kop can work that line into his song.

Really all I"m saying is, as rumours go, signing a backup center back makes more sense than a very expensive midfielder.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #42378: Aug 25, 2020 01:23:40 am

Oh geez....are you serious. Lampard got ahold of some of that Arsenal weed apparently.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42379: Aug 25, 2020 01:54:17 am
      If we sign Sarr, Thiago and a backup CB I'll be more than happy going in to the new season.

One done hopefully  :D :D

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #42380: Aug 25, 2020 02:43:03 am
      signing a backup center back makes more sense than a very expensive midfielder.

Certainly does if the season starts tomorrow we only have no back ups without improvising.  If we want to have 3 centre backs and leave a spot for the youngsters then Matip should not be in the 3.  Very good player but too injury prone.  He's OK if we have 4.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42381: Aug 25, 2020 07:38:30 am
      Now I really hope we sign him so The Kop can work that line into his song.

Really all I"m saying is, as rumours go, signing a backup center back makes more sense than a very expensive midfielder.

Not really, in an ideal world you could have both but you can never have too many world class players, you can never have too many midfielders either, especially in Jurgens system

A couple of years back we went in with 3 cbs and Lucas filled in. We could do that with Fabinho if needed, or one of the younger lads as 4th choice

If it came down to it, Thiago or Ajer (or another sh*te cb)... I'd take Thiago every day
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42382: Aug 25, 2020 08:42:27 am

Oi, why bring his nationality into it!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #42383: Aug 25, 2020 10:15:03 am
      Suarez back? Yes please.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #42384: Aug 25, 2020 10:21:52 am

Quit living in the past mate he's finished.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42385: Aug 25, 2020 10:26:53 am
      Suarez apparently being made available by Barca (they are terminating his contract) on a free.

Don't know that I'd want him back here necessarily, but the chatter is of course that he's looking to return to a previous team (Ajax, LFC).

Personally just hope he stays out of the Premier League. I'm sure we could get some use out of him, but I don't know that he'd be a priority unless he was cheap and willing to take a backup role.

I'd swim 50 miles through a piranha-infested river of sh*t to see him back at Liverpool for another couple of seasons. Don't think it'll happen though unfortunately
      Kopite78
      Reply #42386: Aug 25, 2020 10:28:18 am

No thanks
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42387: Aug 25, 2020 10:28:29 am
      Quit living in the past mate he's finished.

21 goals & 11 assists in 36 games is "finished" is it?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #42388: Aug 25, 2020 10:29:24 am
      I'd swim 50 miles through a piranha-infested river of sh*t to see him back at Liverpool for another couple of seasons. Don't think it'll happen though unfortunately

You would do that for a 33 year old who wouldn't get near our starting 11?

Quick Reply