Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4172539 times
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42987: Oct 06, 2020 12:47:19 am
      Gunnersaurus has been released by arsenal. We should sign him and put him in goal for the derby.
      Sack the mascot of 30 years to save money to buy a player costing 45 million.  Class act Arsenal, class act.  Or maybe they are keeping the suit and putting Özil in it  :f_tongueincheek:
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #42988: Oct 06, 2020 10:35:54 am
      Can't believe no one come in for Romero. He should be able to get in most first teams.
      Heard Everton did, but talks broke down.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42989: Oct 06, 2020 10:37:03 am

Probably around the time he heard the word Everton 😀
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #42990: Oct 06, 2020 10:37:24 am
      The big issue with looking at backup keeper isn't so much Allison is out 6 weeks, but that this seems to be a reoccurring theme. Alli is the world's best keeper and I'm not saying he is brittle by no means, but he does seem to subject to injury based on the past 2 years. We can't rely on Adrian as our backup when we.kbow there is a possibility the backup keeper could be needed in UCL / league games. Im fine with Adrian playing between the post in the League Cup, not in a Derby.
      He does seem to pick up a lot of injuries for a keeper.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42991: Oct 06, 2020 10:43:42 am

Think United only wanted 8 million but wasn't willing to pay it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42992: Oct 06, 2020 11:45:58 am
      He does seem to pick up a lot of injuries for a keeper.

If it was the same injury I would be concerned but it isn't
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42993: Oct 06, 2020 08:08:52 pm
      Can premier kesgue clubs still buy from the championship?

1 or 2 keepers there might be word looking at?? Raya Martin and Rafael Cabral perhaps
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42994: Oct 06, 2020 08:38:11 pm
      Just checked October 16 domestic clubs can do business until
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42995: Oct 07, 2020 10:49:10 am
      Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has joined FC Porto in a season-long loan deal.

The 24-year-old completed a move to the reigning Portuguese champions on Tuesday evening, ahead of the Primeira Liga’s transfer deadline.

Grujic will spend the remainder of 2020-21 with Porto, who have started the domestic campaign with six points from their opening three matches and will also compete in the Champions League group stage.

The Serbia international, who joined the Reds in 2016 and made two Carabao Cup appearances this term, spent the previous two seasons on loan with Hertha BSC in the Bundesliga.

Good move for the lad. shame theres no room in our squad for him though.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,471 posts | 698 
      Reply #42996: Oct 09, 2020 04:35:46 am
      Just checked October 16 domestic clubs can do business until

Michel Vorm is free (no club currently). I always thought he was a good keeper.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42997: Oct 09, 2020 10:27:48 am
      Michel Vorm is free (no club currently). I always thought he was a good keeper.

Plenty of errors in him to....we seem to be linked to Jack Butland tbe last 2 or 3 days
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42998: Oct 09, 2020 10:49:16 am
      Plenty of errors in him to....we seem to be linked to Jack Butland tbe last 2 or 3 days

Agreed Vorm is no better than Adrian.

Butland looked a good keeper 2 or 3 seasons ago but not heard much about him since.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42999: Oct 09, 2020 10:52:33 am
      Really can't see us signing a keeper to be honest

Not the way they work
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43000: Oct 09, 2020 10:55:09 am

Not the way they work

Nah but it's a position that we need to look at next season now. History has told us Allisson picks up injuries and that Adrian is poor with his feet.

The way we play we need a keeper who isnt.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43001: Oct 09, 2020 12:05:36 pm

Every time I hear that name, I think of Crossroads, "cutting heads"

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #43002: Oct 09, 2020 01:03:24 pm

Not the way they work

Yeah, seems too reactionary and that's the complete opposite of how they operate in the market

If we felt as though we needed a keeper we'd have signed one weeks ago. Whether that's a good decision or not only time will tell
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43003: Oct 09, 2020 01:09:41 pm
      Yeah, seems too reactionary and that's the complete opposite of how they operate in the market

If we felt as though we needed a keeper we'd have signed one weeks ago. Whether that's a good decision or not only time will tell

The thing is, players make mistakes all the time.
      They underhit or overhit a pass, they miss an easy shot on goal, they don't close down space, they don't show a player outside, they don't get tight enough, they miss a header etc etc
      Many of these things can lead to a goal.
      Chances and goals given away tend to be an accumulation of errors, but the final mistake (if there is one) by a 'keeper gets magnified out of all proportion.

Against Villa, our defense got very little protection from the midfield, players were constantly giving the ball away, the press was woeful.
      It looked like the right side of defense made all the mistakes, but quite simply, villa mostly attacked that side.
      On any other day, we deal with that quite comfortably, as we have done many times before.
      Sunday, for whatever reason, the players were not really present; so many small errors that all mount up.

People blaming Adrian for everything are barking up the wrong tree (apart from the real howler).
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #43004: Oct 09, 2020 01:55:25 pm

The thing is, players make mistakes all the time.
      They underhit or overhit a pass, they miss an easy shot on goal, they don't close down space, they don't show a player outside, they don't get tight enough, they miss a header etc etc
      Many of these things can lead to a goal.
      Chances and goals given away tend to be an accumulation of errors, but the final mistake (if there is one) by a 'keeper gets magnified out of all proportion.

Against Villa, our defense got very little protection from the midfield, players were constantly giving the ball away, the press was woeful.
      It looked like the right side of defense made all the mistakes, but quite simply, villa mostly attacked that side.
      On any other day, we deal with that quite comfortably, as we have done many times before.
      Sunday, for whatever reason, the players were not really present; so many small errors that all mount up.

People blaming Adrian for everything are barking up the wrong tree (apart from the real howler).

Players make mistakes all the time but the margin for error is a lot smaller for goalkeepers for obvious reasons. The result certainly wasn't his fault but he did make another blatant error which led directly to a goal, and with it being the first goal was a pretty costly one. That's not to say we wouldn't have got fu**ed regardless, like

From what I've seen on the pitch I don't think he's good enough to be our #2, but I can completely understand the club not jumping into the transfer window with 24 hours remaining to sign a goalkeeper the morning after a current keeper has made a mistake. We'd have probably gotten our kecks pulled down for some 2nd rate bum and I think the move would have had a negative effect on the overall squad morale
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43005: Oct 09, 2020 02:22:34 pm
      Players make mistakes all the time but the margin for error is a lot smaller for goalkeepers for obvious reasons. The result certainly wasn't his fault but he did make another blatant error which led directly to a goal, and with it being the first goal was a pretty costly one. That's not to say we wouldn't have got fu**ed regardless, like

From what I've seen on the pitch I don't think he's good enough to be our #2, but I can completely understand the club not jumping into the transfer window with 24 hours remaining to sign a goalkeeper the morning after a current keeper has made a mistake. We'd have probably gotten our kecks pulled down for some 2nd rate bum and I think the move would have had a negative effect on the overall squad morale

I don't really buy into the whole "margin for error" thing.
      It's a team game, and as I said, with any goal against, it's usually a series of errors. It just so happens that as the player that stands out from the rest (different kit, only one in that position), a 'keepers mistakes are magnified.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #43006: Oct 09, 2020 02:25:22 pm
      Nah but it's a position that we need to look at next season now. History has told us Allisson picks up injuries and that Adrian is poor with his feet.

The way we play we need a keeper who isnt.

Yup. Adrian is going on 34 and not getting any younger nor better. He was ok as a stop gap at the start of last season but our defence was immense at the time. We definitely need a better no.2 and one good enough to maintain confidence with the defence.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #43007: Oct 11, 2020 12:03:54 am
      Butland ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #43008: Oct 11, 2020 09:45:02 am

One question Id ask, how good is he with the ball at his feet....Shot stopping wont be a major concern hes solid enough, but if were replacing Adrian as Alissons back up it has to be a keeper good with the ball at his feet....if he passes that test then ill be happy

I mentioned 2 keepers last week Id like to get but I doubt they are available
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #43009: Oct 11, 2020 09:45:38 am
      Can premier kesgue clubs still buy from the championship?

1 or 2 keepers there might be word looking at?? Raya Martin and Rafael Cabral perhaps

These

Quick Reply