Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198761 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,231 posts | 1650 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43125: Nov 01, 2020 06:42:48 pm
      Why is it hard to think he would come to us, is Ajax more attractive some how? Surely he wouldn't cost that much and he has the potential and attributes  to become a top notch CB.

Been on trial with us already apparently  couple of years back said to have a close eye on him
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #43126: Nov 11, 2020 07:23:03 pm
      doing the rounds is we after Garay on a free
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43127: Nov 11, 2020 07:43:22 pm
      doing the rounds is we after Garay on a free

Just coming back after a bad injury
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #43128: Nov 11, 2020 07:52:55 pm
      I’ll be baffled if we don’t at least sign a CB in January. At this point I think it’s non negotiable.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43129: Nov 11, 2020 08:17:47 pm
      Whoever we go for has just shot up in price
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43130: Nov 12, 2020 06:55:01 am
      Just need to be careful we don't try and get a free agent in who was good 6 years ago but is now slow as hell like Garay.

I dont think we will make that mistake because it would be a very basic mistake to make because Dave Edward's et al know exactly how we play and exactly the right fit.

At this moment in time we may as well stick with Nat and Rhys as buy someone totally unsuited for our high line football.

Pellegrini type buys and Caulker style loans at this stage might not be the best course of action.

What I would prefer to happen rather than a short term sticking plaster is for the transfer boffins to fire up their super computer and find the best in position for our needs. Then for the money men to sanction it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      Reply #43131: Nov 12, 2020 09:44:24 am
      Dear Santa

We have been a very good club this year. Can you please bring us 2 good centre halves who have good fitness records to get us through the season. Thanks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #43132: Nov 12, 2020 05:39:31 pm
      Gini has been touting Janmaat to Klopp by the sound of things.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 847 
      Reply #43133: Nov 12, 2020 06:17:35 pm
      There's no way past getting a CB now. It was already hard to think we wouldn't move for one after VVD's injury but it's now become impossible to not get somebody.

Matip is...well he's Matip. Which realistically leaves us with Fabinho, Rhys and Williams. I wouldn't even be surprised we buy one and loan another one in. This is a complete sh*t show
      rossyred

• 9,231 posts | 1650 
      Reply #43134: Nov 12, 2020 07:59:22 pm
      There's no way past getting a CB now. It was already hard to think we wouldn't move for one after VVD's injury but it's now become impossible to not get somebody.

Matip is...well he's Matip. Which realistically leaves us with Fabinho, Rhys and Williams. I wouldn't even be surprised we buy one and loan another one in. This is a complete sh*t show

Yep think might be two and couldn't really argue with that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43135: Nov 12, 2020 08:29:12 pm
      Is there anyone we can get right now or do we need to wait until January?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #43136: Nov 12, 2020 08:29:34 pm
      Just need to be careful we don't try and get a free agent in who was good 6 years ago but is now slow as hell like Garay.

I dont think we will make that mistake because it would be a very basic mistake to make because Dave Edward's et al know exactly how we play and exactly the right fit.

At this moment in time we may as well stick with Nat and Rhys as buy someone totally unsuited for our high line football.

Pellegrini type buys and Caulker style loans at this stage might not be the best course of action.

What I would prefer to happen rather than a short term sticking plaster is for the transfer boffins to fire up their super computer and find the best in position for our needs. Then for the money men to sanction it.

We were apparently tracking up to 30 centre backs before signing van Dijk. You'd assume a few of those would still be available, and we'd be able to find out who, before making a move in January.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      Reply #43137: Nov 12, 2020 08:32:20 pm
      Is there anyone we can get right now or do we need to wait until January?

Garay. Doubts about how fit he his after his own injury
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43138: Nov 12, 2020 08:33:40 pm
      Garay. Doubts about how fit he his after his own injury

Certainly has the experience, and surely its not that much of a gamble financially.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43139: Nov 12, 2020 08:48:58 pm
      Certainly has the experience, and surely its not that much of a gamble financially.

We would have to move out back line about 20 yards back   
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43140: Nov 12, 2020 08:49:52 pm
      Gini has been touting Janmaat to Klopp by the sound of things.

Christ on a bike. He was playing right back for Newcastle mainly and not very well.

Must be getting on too.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 847 
      Reply #43141: Nov 12, 2020 10:15:45 pm
      Hard pass on Garay. I prefer playing Koumetio or Van Den Berg. Realistically, they probably would perform and fit our system better.

I doubt we are signing any free agent. We'll move once the window is open. I'm curious to see for what type of player we're going tho. Are we going for a stop gap, somebody good to be in the 4 Cb's rotation, or are we going for a long-term VVD partner/Joe Gomez competition type of player?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #43142: Nov 12, 2020 11:25:53 pm
      Hard pass on Garay. I prefer playing Koumetio or Van Den Berg. Realistically, they probably would perform and fit our system better.

I doubt we are signing any free agent. We'll move once the window is open. I'm curious to see for what type of player we're going tho. Are we going for a stop gap, somebody good to be in the 4 Cb's rotation, or are we going for a long-term VVD partner/Joe Gomez competition type of player?

I think at this point there has to be concern about Joe’s long term viability. Personally think we need a solid starter, expected to be #1 or #2.

But I doubt that’s what we do.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 847 
      Reply #43143: Nov 13, 2020 12:11:04 am
      I think at this point there has to be concern about Joe’s long term viability. Personally think we need a solid starter, expected to be #1 or #2.

But I doubt that’s what we do.
      I have to say I agree with you. I don't know if Joe is injury prone but an ACL, achilles tendon and now patella tendon problems all seem to point in that direction, although I am no expert and would love to be wrong about it because it would ultimately mean we can count on Joe in the long term (and that he's going to be able to have a nice career regardless of if he stays at the club or not).

Back on subject. Imo, regardless of if we consider Joe to be injury prone or not, we have to ask ourselves the following question: assuming Klopp and the staff as a whole highly rate Rhys, Koumetio and Van Den Berg, is any of them ready and able to be significant competition for the #2 spot and if not, how long until so?

If the answer to this question is ''no'' followed by ''never'' or ''in 2 years minimum'' then I think we need to be in the market for somebody who's gonna be more than a guy you drop in the 4 Cbs rotation. Somebody who is going to give serious competition to Joe for his spot.

It is safe to consider Matip as a guy who's nice to have in the 4 Cbs rotation but it's also safe to say he's never gonna be that number two because he can't stay fit more than 3 or 4 games at a time. I personally think VVD-Matip is our best duo when everybody is fit but its just never going to happen.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43144: Nov 13, 2020 11:14:56 am
      I have to say I agree with you. I don't know if Joe is injury prone but an ACL, achilles tendon and now patella tendon problems all seem to point in that direction, although I am no expert and would love to be wrong about it because it would ultimately mean we can count on Joe in the long term (and that he's going to be able to have a nice career regardless of if he stays at the club or not).

Back on subject. Imo, regardless of if we consider Joe to be injury prone or not, we have to ask ourselves the following question: assuming Klopp and the staff as a whole highly rate Rhys, Koumetio and Van Den Berg, is any of them ready and able to be significant competition for the #2 spot and if not, how long until so?

If the answer to this question is ''no'' followed by ''never'' or ''in 2 years minimum'' then I think we need to be in the market for somebody who's gonna be more than a guy you drop in the 4 Cbs rotation. Somebody who is going to give serious competition to Joe for his spot.

It is safe to consider Matip as a guy who's nice to have in the 4 Cbs rotation but it's also safe to say he's never gonna be that number two because he can't stay fit more than 3 or 4 games at a time. I personally think VVD-Matip is our best duo when everybody is fit but its just never going to happen.

I'm just hoping we can have Fabinho and Matip both fit for Leicester and Wolves
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #43145: Nov 13, 2020 11:18:03 am
      I'm just hoping we can have Fabinho and Matip both fit for Leicester and Wolves

I'm more worried about Leicester as they are in very good form. The key is to keep Vardy quiet as he is often their only source of goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43146: Nov 13, 2020 11:32:23 am
      I'm more worried about Leicester as they are in very good form. The key is to keep Vardy quiet as he is often their only source of goals.

Yes neutralize Vardy and its most of the battle won
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43147: Nov 14, 2020 07:02:11 pm
      Be interested to see if Jürgen will start Williams or Nat against Leicester.
      Ideally Fab will be back though.
      Thought might consider Hendo for there, but we'd miss him so much in the middle.
      Be surprised if Jürgen goes into the free agents - presume there's a reason they're free. But, Jürgen knows best :)

Quick Reply