Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206325 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43148: Nov 14, 2020 11:28:11 pm
      As boring as it sounds I think solutions will be found within the squad and there will be no transfer activity in January.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #43149: Nov 15, 2020 02:32:20 am
      Can we sign Pepe just to play him in the next derby.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43150: Nov 15, 2020 11:16:13 am
      We will probably bring in a defender in January unless Rhys and Nat stand on their respective heads between now and then

If/when we get someone it will probably be someone we barely or don't know, and not one of these big money players being mentioned frequently.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43151: Nov 15, 2020 01:48:15 pm
      As boring as it sounds I think solutions will be found within the squad and there will be no transfer activity in January.

why do you think that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #43152: Nov 15, 2020 04:04:32 pm
      Considering Klopp was quoted in the echo as saying we'll need to buy another centre-back in the transfer window then that's as close to fact as you're getting.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #43153: Nov 15, 2020 07:01:42 pm
      I think the Upamecano and Kabak rumours are the two most plausible ones. Otherwise maybe somebody from La Liga. The common denominator being the presence of release clauses which, at least in theory, puts a limit to the level of shark-like attitude you can face from a club when we are talking about players who have a high chance of having their release clause activated by a club or another come summer window (aka Upamecano). You can get a little extra now or wait and lose him for the price in the release clause.

Kabak is different as Schalke will sell about anything to anyone willing to buy because of their financial troubles.

I think our market is either at the top (players high in quality, with a release clause and with lots of interest surrounding them) or more towards the bottom with small clubs carrying what you may call ''hidden gems'' and happy to do business.

Clubs like Brighton reportedly wanting 50M for Ben White are exactly what I think we will be avoiding. Too comfy to sell and they do not risk losing the player anytime soon. F**k em
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43154: Nov 15, 2020 07:15:38 pm
      I think the Upamecano and Kabak rumours are the two most plausible ones. Otherwise maybe somebody from La Liga. The common denominator being the presence of release clauses which, at least in theory, puts a limit to the level of shark-like attitude you can face from a club when we are talking about players who have a high chance of having their release clause activated by a club or another come summer window (aka Upamecano). You can get a little extra now or wait and lose him for the price in the release clause.

Kabak is different as Schalke will sell about anything to anyone willing to buy because of their financial troubles.

I think our market is either at the top (players high in quality, with a release clause and with lots of interest surrounding them) or more towards the bottom with small clubs carrying what you may call ''hidden gems'' and happy to do business.

Clubs like Brighton reportedly wanting 50M for Ben White are exactly what I think we will be avoiding. Too comfy to sell and they do not risk losing the player anytime soon. F**k em

Don't think we will sign either of those players. I think it will be similar to the Jota and Fabinho signings where we agree a fee with a club for a player not previously reported on by the media.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43155: Nov 15, 2020 07:53:16 pm

I think it's nailed on we'll sign a centre back in January. Only debate is whether we get a second.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #43156: Nov 15, 2020 08:11:31 pm
      Don't think we will sign either of those players. I think it will be similar to the Jota and Fabinho signings where we agree a fee with a club for a player not previously reported on by the media.
      Very well might be. I love that we have a scouting department that are able to go and find very good players away from the eyes of most people. I'll be happy with whoever we get because I know it's more than likely the good decision.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43157: Nov 16, 2020 03:38:07 pm
      Considering Klopp was quoted in the echo as saying we'll need to buy another centre-back in the transfer window then that's as close to fact as you're getting.

What's the quote, I haven't seen it. Knowing the Echo it will be, Klopp is considering, Klopp is surveying the market.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43158: Nov 16, 2020 03:46:53 pm

Because Fabinho, Matip, Williams, Phillips, Van den Berg and maybe Billy. Henderson can play there and there might be others he can try too. Because Klopp likes a small squad, because he's been happy without a quality alternative for the front three from 17/18 until this season. Because what space will there be for a newly bought centre back when Virg and Gomez come back. Because Klopp's instinct is to train and trust what he has.

He'll go and buy Koulabaly now.
      Kopite78
      Reply #43159: Nov 16, 2020 07:16:18 pm
      What's the quote, I haven't seen it. Knowing the Echo it will be, Klopp is considering, Klopp is surveying the market.

That's not a quote though is it

Journalist
      Excuse me Jürgen,what's your take on potential Januarytransfer market activity

Klopp
      Klopp is surveying and Klopp is considering

😂
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43160: Nov 16, 2020 08:04:46 pm
      I know, that's the point. Some people read carelessly and take a journalists assertion as direct representation of Klopp's thought. But Klopp might have said something, I just haven't seen it.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #43161: Nov 17, 2020 07:41:43 pm
      Abola reporting Liverpool getting ready to buy Kylian Mbappé by selling one of our front three
      https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-11-17/paris-saint-germain-liverpool-pronto-a-vender-firmino-mane-ou-salah-para-fechar/868454
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43162: Nov 17, 2020 07:43:04 pm

What standard of source are abola?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #43163: Nov 17, 2020 08:41:28 pm
      no 1 national sport paper, its 7 days a week printing 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43164: Nov 17, 2020 09:36:13 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #43165: Nov 18, 2020 12:04:58 am

If we go big for someone it will be Haaland.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43166: Nov 18, 2020 12:41:20 am
      Mbappe is 250 million and at least 500 thousand a month in wages, probably more. Not even Real Madrid will do that.

Edit, it's probably more like a million a month. What's Messi on? There's no way we are going to do this.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #43167: Nov 18, 2020 01:17:18 am
      If we go big for someone it will be Haaland.

Yup Haaland is the boy to go for.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43168: Nov 18, 2020 09:44:15 am
      Mbappe is 250 million and at least 500 thousand a month in wages, probably more. Not even Real Madrid will do that.

Edit, it's probably more like a million a month. What's Messi on? There's no way we are going to do this.

Nope it's a fantasy signing.

Unless he's willing to take a 75% pay cut ;D
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43169: Nov 18, 2020 11:26:01 am
      Nope it's a fantasy signing.

Unless he's willing to take a 75% pay cut ;D

I'd had a few ales at that point! More like half a million a week.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43170: Nov 18, 2020 12:18:33 pm
      I'd had a few ales at that point! More like half a million a week.

Only a 50% pay cut so, he might be game for that :D

Quick Reply