Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206987 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43240: Dec 14, 2020 03:48:21 pm
      I would test the water with a £80m bid for Jack Grealish, £45m for Maddison and offset the fair play expenditure by selling some of the fringe players.

What the.....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43241: Dec 14, 2020 05:26:26 pm
      I like Tolkein but otherwise I'm not much for fantasy as a genre of literature.

Ah hang on that's quite subtle, nicely done Sir.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #43242: Dec 14, 2020 05:42:08 pm
      I would test the water with a £80m bid for Jack Grealish, £45m for Maddison and offset the fair play expenditure by selling some of the fringe players.

Can either of them play centre back as that's the first position we should be sorting.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43243: Dec 14, 2020 08:31:06 pm
      Can either of them play centre back as that's the first position we should be sorting.

I agree, get 2 good CB's, 1 probably on loan, and recall young Elliott as extra cover up top.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43244: Dec 15, 2020 08:16:23 am

80M :O At least on a defender. Sell Shaqiri and bring back Elliott

I like Kabak of Schalke.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #43245: Dec 15, 2020 08:34:53 am
      Doubt if we make a major signing in Jan.

I don't know what you would define as a major signing but I would be disappointed if we didn't get just get extra body with little more experience than Williams/Phillips who can play CB. We just need some healthy bodies at this point who maybe be a diamond in the rough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43246: Dec 15, 2020 02:18:17 pm
      I don't know what you would define as a major signing but I would be disappointed if we didn't get just get extra body with little more experience than Williams/Phillips who can play CB. We just need some healthy bodies at this point who maybe be a diamond in the rough.

I'd love for us to get someone like Schuurs, already good and with tonnes of potential, plus an experienced player in on loan. As regards attack we should be ok but maybe bring back young Elliott as extra cover.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2811 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43247: Dec 15, 2020 03:17:31 pm
      I'd love for us to get someone like Schuurs, already good and with tonnes of potential, plus an experienced player in on loan. As regards attack we should be ok but maybe bring back young Elliott as extra cover.

Schurrs and Gravenberg from.Ajax, that would be savage business
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #43248: Dec 19, 2020 03:10:26 pm
      Us shopping for a CB this window was always going to be a performance related thing. Considering the Fab and Matip pairing is doing such a great job + Williams is showing good things (and Philips is a decent CB is paired with Fab or Matip) I wouldn't be surprised we do not move for anybody this January if we keep that type of sailing speed.

Maybe there's somebody we like out there and we move early to sign with an aim of the player joining in the summer. I'm hoping we can keep Gini but I imagine it would the type of deal Edwards would like to seal early if he knows Gini is not staying.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2811 
      Reply #43249: Dec 21, 2020 10:35:52 am
      Seems to be a bit of talk about Bisdouma from Brighton.

Anyone see any truth in that or maybe its a cover for moving for someone else?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #43250: Dec 21, 2020 01:01:22 pm
      Us shopping for a CB this window was always going to be a performance related thing. Considering the Fab and Matip pairing is doing such a great job + Williams is showing good things (and Philips is a decent CB is paired with Fab or Matip) I wouldn't be surprised we do not move for anybody this January if we keep that type of sailing speed.

Maybe there's somebody we like out there and we move early to sign with an aim of the player joining in the summer. I'm hoping we can keep Gini but I imagine it would the type of deal Edwards would like to seal early if he knows Gini is not staying.

I think we already got our Gini replacement in Thiago.

We are good at midfield with the emergence of Jones. And we should have just enough cover if Ox and Naby can alternate their injury absences.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #43251: Dec 21, 2020 04:33:12 pm
      Seeing some reports floating around saying that we are in for Renato Sanches (now at Lille) with some of them going as far as saying we have reached an agreement with Lille. Nothing from the solid sources tho so take it with a huge grain of salt
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43252: Dec 21, 2020 05:58:09 pm
      Sanches went from wonder kid, future megastar to sort of a bust. He's young and seems to have all the physical attributes needed to be a star, so i would not be opposed to giving him a go.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43253: Dec 21, 2020 06:43:52 pm
      Seeing some reports floating around saying that we are in for Renato Sanches (now at Lille) with some of them going as far as saying we have reached an agreement with Lille. Nothing from the solid sources tho so take it with a huge grain of salt

Looked absolute garbage every time I watched him play so hopefully it's more rubbish rumours.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43254: Dec 21, 2020 06:53:10 pm
      Looked absolute garbage every time I watched him play so hopefully it's more rubbish rumours.

Watched him live v Burnley when at Swansea and was embarrassing to be honest didnt look interested at all must have shown something in his earlier years but would be surprised 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #43255: Dec 22, 2020 10:42:09 am
      Has anyone actually watched him over the last year? Personally I haven’t but I’ve heard good things and believe he was part of the Ligue 1 team of the season. Imagine what he could achieve under Klopp.

There does seem to be a lot of chat about this one but don’t see it happening in January. Is he a possible replacement for Gini?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2811 
      Reply #43256: Dec 22, 2020 11:22:31 am
      Personally, if were talking Gini replacement, were looking at the wrong people. His replacement for me is at Ajax, Ryan Gravenberch.

I would be stunned having faced him twice this year that our excellent committee would not have noticed his talent, and only 18
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #43257: Dec 22, 2020 02:52:43 pm
      Personally, if were talking Gini replacement, were looking at the wrong people. His replacement for me is at Ajax, Ryan Gravenberch.

I would be stunned having faced him twice this year that our excellent committee would not have noticed his talent, and only 18

Yes this is the guy. I think out of the players Ajax want to hold onto, they will fight their most for him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43258: Dec 22, 2020 03:16:10 pm

I did wonder, watching the Ajax games, whether there would be Minamino style feel in the coming weeks,
      where LFC announced "You know that player you thought was great against us, well, we've signed them"
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #43259: Dec 22, 2020 07:04:12 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #43260: Dec 22, 2020 08:45:19 pm

gini didnt stop the toon getting relegated.. think id leave it to klopp to decide
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43261: Dec 22, 2020 09:11:25 pm
      gini didnt stop the toon getting relegated.. think id leave it to klopp to decide

Gini was head and shoulders the best player for the toon that season which was his first in England also.

Was easy enough to see he was a talent.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43262: Dec 22, 2020 09:31:29 pm
      Gini was head and shoulders the best player for the toon that season which was his first in England also.

Was easy enough to see he was a talent.

Uhh, please refer to the thread when we were first rumored for him. Hardly any excitement from anyone.

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48952.0.html

Quick Reply