Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206642 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43263: Dec 22, 2020 11:09:36 pm
      Uhh, please refer to the thread when we were first rumored for him. Hardly any excitement from anyone.

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48952.0.html

Well 11 goals 5 assists in his first PL season playing in a shitty Newcastle team there should have been.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43264: Dec 23, 2020 09:40:48 am
      Has anyone actually watched him over the last year? Personally I haven’t but I’ve heard good things and believe he was part of the Ligue 1 team of the season. Imagine what he could achieve under Klopp.

There does seem to be a lot of chat about this one but don’t see it happening in January. Is he a possible replacement for Gini?

Yep just reading that he's been top class for Lille. Maybe the Bayern move came too early for him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43265: Dec 23, 2020 10:40:25 am
      Yep just reading that he's been top class for Lille. Maybe the Bayern move came too early for him.

Last time I saw him was that loan spell at Swans poor lad couldn't pass a ball 10 yards. Looks like he's improved a lot since then and doing very well at Lille.

But would still be wary about taking any player from that god awful French league.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #43266: Dec 23, 2020 08:30:23 pm
      But would still be wary about taking any player from that god awful French league.

This. His failures elsewhere, and success in France, pretty well back that up.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43267: Dec 24, 2020 01:33:58 pm
      Tuchel out at PSG, Poch in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43268: Dec 24, 2020 02:04:24 pm

Huge pressure on Poch now to finally win something with a club.

League title should be a formality but PSG want him to deliver the CL trophy.

At least he's not taking over the Mancs.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43269: Dec 24, 2020 02:53:38 pm
      Huge pressure on Poch now to finally win something with a club.

League title should be a formality but PSG want him to deliver the CL trophy.

At least he's not taking over the Mancs.

I like Poch but has he won anything as a coach? I don't believe he won any trophies at Spurs but not sure about his previous clubs.

And going to PSG cannot be easy, dealing with me-first mercenaries lead by Neymar.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43270: Dec 24, 2020 03:06:48 pm
      I like Poch but has he won anything as a coach? I don't believe he won any trophies at Spurs but not sure about his previous clubs.

And going to PSG cannot be easy, dealing with me-first mercenaries lead by Neymar.

Nope. Manager of the month award is his only achievement with any club.

Still young though and I'd expect he'll get PSG to a CL final. Yes he's never had superstars like Neymar or Mbappe to deal with before so it will be interesting to see how he copes or if he can improve their game.

I think he'll do pretty well there and wouldn't be surprised if Dele Alli is one of his first signings.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #43271: Dec 24, 2020 05:08:03 pm

Wouldn't surprise me, Tuchel reportedly fell out with Leonardo who is sporting director. One bonus Poch has is he was a former player of PSG.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43272: Dec 24, 2020 05:15:06 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me, Tuchel reportedly fell out with Leonardo who is sporting director. One bonus Poch has is he was a former player of PSG.

I think more importantly is whether he can get Mbappe and Neymar to respect him. It seems they are like Messi in that they run the team and not the manager.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43273: Dec 27, 2020 06:50:02 pm
      Need Michael Edwards and his laptop to work some magic now!
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43274: Dec 27, 2020 07:08:16 pm
      Need Michael Edwards and his laptop to work some magic now!

If we get one who is ready to go in we win the league if we don't we won't win it for me its that cut and dried
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43275: Dec 27, 2020 07:13:37 pm
      If we get one who is ready to go in we win the league if we don't we won't win it for me its that cut and dried

Yep, as much as Rhys and Nat have done well when they've come in, I can't see us winning enough games if one of them have to play for a good few weeks. Especially with a midfielder as their partner.

Will be difficult to get one to come straight in but surely we've been doing some work in the last couple of months and if we overpay we should be able to do it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #43276: Dec 27, 2020 07:16:24 pm
      I think at this point I’d be really surprised if we didn’t announce a new CB almost immediately. I mean our best CB right now is a midfielder and our second best is injured all the time and our third and fourth are kids. (Well Rhys is anyway)

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43277: Dec 27, 2020 07:17:06 pm
      Matip is likely out for a couple of months, so yes, a CB is definitely needed right now. Cannot go the next 6-8 weeks with Fabinho, Rhys and Nat as your only options.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #43278: Dec 28, 2020 09:44:45 am
      I agree with what most are saying on here. If we stick with what we have I think we lose out on the title.
      But a centre back now would cost a fortune. Everyone knows what situation we are in. And even before the pandemic our transfers were a well thought, often drawn out process where we walked away if we didn’t get our man at the right price.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold first either. Adrian, origi, Phillips etc.
      But we will see. It will be frustrating as hell if we let number 20 slip from our grasp.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #43279: Dec 28, 2020 10:45:07 am
      2 centre backs are a priority for us...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43280: Dec 28, 2020 10:53:31 am
      Im thinking we will have some CB lined up, dont be surprised to hear all of our January dealings done and dusted 1st week of JAN.

a few exits, Origi top of that list, possibly shaq, but suspect he will be summer now, seen as Jota got Injured.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43281: Dec 28, 2020 11:25:23 am
      I wouldn't rule out a defender on loan from the continent. Not someone on Virgil or Gomez level, but better than Williams, Phillips, just someone to fill the gap. Might get someone decent if we pay a fee .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43282: Dec 28, 2020 11:31:28 am
      I wouldn't rule out a defender on loan from the continent. Not someone on Virgil or Gomez level, but better than Williams, Phillips, just someone to fill the gap. Might get someone decent if we pay a fee .

agreed mate.

Im actually thinking they would have had plenty long term targets lined up, they already knew matip has his injury problems, and gomez had long spells out, so club must've been looking for a long term solution already.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43283: Dec 28, 2020 11:48:11 am
      Can we at least get someone quicker than Rhys, it was incredible how slow he was tracking back for that West Brom chance yesterday, plus why is he favoured over Nat, I would have thought Nat made more sense yesterday with his height.

We need 2 CB's, I'd get Per Schuurs plus an older more experienced CB as cover.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43284: Dec 28, 2020 12:04:59 pm
      Can we at least get someone quicker than Rhys, it was incredible how slow he was tracking back for that West Brom chance yesterday, plus why is he favoured over Nat, I would have thought Nat made more sense yesterday with his height.

We need 2 CB's, I'd get Per Schuurs plus an older more experienced CB as cover.

Possibly favoured over Nat, cos he is younger and in champions league squad, the more games williams gets the better. Philips will be gone next summer.

Williams did seem slow there, but he is faster than philips. ;D
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43285: Dec 28, 2020 03:09:37 pm
      We must have a list of potential centre halves, we were always going to need to bring someone in in the summer regardless.
      I'd be amazed if we haven't been doing our final homework on the leading contenders ever since Virgil and Joe went down.

It will be madness if no one arrives almost as soon as the window opens, there is no way the club can't see it.

Quick Reply