Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207122 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43355: Jan 01, 2021 11:56:31 pm
      We talk about who would fill the void on Hendo as Captian in few years, well if u got Grelalish there's your answer. Amazing leader and world class talent atm. Imagine his progression under Klopp :)

Yup would be the absolute perfect natural successor to Hendo.

I imagine he'd be a dream player for Klopp as he's very hardworking, disciplined, and has bag loads of quality.

Would happily sell Naby and Ox if it meant we could get Grealish as he's a level above them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43356: Jan 02, 2021 12:22:54 am

Twitter reports we have agreed a €25 million fee plus add-ons.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #43357: Jan 02, 2021 12:58:42 am
      Why do u come after everything I say bruh? Wierd.

Depay is a pipe dream for sure, and he certainly wouldn't come for an Origi role, thats for sure. He would be to bolster our squad and give us more options up front. No way we could take him on without getting suitors for Shaq and Origi though. Still, Depay would be a nice option from the bench on the left and could be used in a 4-2-3-1 style of play. Long shot with Jota just being bought, but would definitely make us better. Become a good player since leave the Manc

What’s weird is how sensitive you are to anyone questioning things you post. It’s your opinion on Depay, fair enough but he’s a player in my opinion that we don’t need and likely aren’t even tracking.

We have plenty of attacking options. We need defensive help.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #43358: Jan 02, 2021 01:55:47 am
      What’s weird is how sensitive you are to anyone questioning things you post. It’s your opinion on Depay, fair enough but he’s a player in my opinion that we don’t need and likely aren’t even tracking.

We have plenty of attacking options. We need defensive help.

I dont mind when someone disagrees with me, this site and every forum in general is based on people talking out their opinions and differences. Im basically a moron and I talk a lot of sh*t, so I'm prone to talking out the side of my neck from time to time. Still, I can almost count on seeing a reply from you saying my opinion is dumb shortly after I post it. Is what it is I guess.

To say we need defensive help is certainly true, but its also a tad misleading. Our goals conceded this year isn't that bad. Were like 14th or 15th in goals scored against. What I think hurts more than anything with VVD off the pitch is the link up play and his presence in our half. Phillips and Williams offer nothing to our attack.

We definitely need a CB, no argument here. But we also need another attacking option. To score a total of 1 goal or less in games against sh*t sides has held us back from gaining max points. Fulham, New Castle, Brighton, and WB aren't good defensively, yet they kept us to 1 goal and drew. We could use another quality attacker or CF to throw in when teams are gonna park the boss or when we're chasing a game. Outside of Jota our attacking players score on volume rather than precision. We could use a guy that is a good finisher.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #43359: Jan 02, 2021 03:35:26 am
      We definitely need a CB, no argument here. But we also need another attacking option. To score a total of 1 goal or less in games against sh*t sides has held us back from gaining max points. Fulham, New Castle, Brighton, and WB aren't good defensively, yet they kept us to 1 goal and drew. We could use another quality attacker or CF to throw in when teams are gonna park the boss or when we're chasing a game. Outside of Jota our attacking players score on volume rather than precision. We could use a guy that is a good finisher.

We are still the top scoring side in the league, even with GF inflated with the 7 vs Palace we would be still among the top. Given the track record with our attack over the past two season with the addition of a quality option in Jota (which we never had the past couple seasons) and having a player like Thaigo in the middle I believe we will have the firepower to mount for a title fight. In a situation where we could afford to buy two new players we would be better off getting 2 CB's rather than getting another attacker IMO (realistically I can only see us buying a CB)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43360: Jan 02, 2021 05:49:53 am

Duncan Castles the source.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #43361: Jan 02, 2021 06:56:13 am
      We are still the top scoring side in the league, even with GF inflated with the 7 vs Palace we would be still among the top. Given the track record with our attack over the past two season with the addition of a quality option in Jota (which we never had the past couple seasons) and having a player like Thaigo in the middle I believe we will have the firepower to mount for a title fight. In a situation where we could afford to buy two new players we would be better off getting 2 CB's rather than getting another attacker IMO (realistically I can only see us buying a CB)

You're not wrong in anything you said. I agree we will probably only get one CB (outside of letting go of Origi or Shaq if someone hits our price). Thiago is like a new signing, and we all know what that dude can do when healthy. Jota should be back soon and hopefully he finds his recent form on his return.

With all that said the front 3 isn't getting any younger. None are old, but all will need replacing in a year or two. Better to do it a year too early rather than a year too late. Thiago should make their life a little easier as he can do things with passes these guys arent accustomed to seeing. He should create some chances through the middle for sure, especially when Bobby drops deep and opens the middle of the box for runners. Im just saying I'd love to see us make a move for a another attacker to groom for the future and to throw out for the last 10 minutes of a 2-2 game. Doubt it will happen, but a guy can dream....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43362: Jan 02, 2021 08:45:28 am
      Grealish doesn't fit our style. We move the ball quickly, he dwells and dwells and dwells.

When do we move the ball quickly, I'd say we are very slow in our build up, certainly lately. I miss our fast counter attacks!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43363: Jan 02, 2021 08:46:02 am
      I was skeptical for awhile on Grealish but the more I’ve seen of him, he’s a hell of a player.

Since he signed new contract looks like he's playing better daft as it seems. Villa doing well this season but can't help thinking in the so called top 6 teams he'll just get better. He's worth 100 million in today's daft market.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #43364: Jan 02, 2021 10:39:53 am
      Crazy if true. The guy signed for Lille only 6 months ago on a 5 year contract.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43365: Jan 02, 2021 10:56:27 am

https://youtu.be/gr0-ZXqwads

Looks good from these clips, strong and a good pass, ticks most boxes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43366: Jan 02, 2021 12:13:42 pm
      https://youtu.be/gr0-ZXqwads

Looks good from these clips, strong and a good pass, ticks most boxes.

Hard to believe he's only 20 looks very strong.

Not the quickest but looks to be good positionally and a good passer like a young VVD.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #43367: Jan 02, 2021 12:37:41 pm
      To replace Origi?? At 5 million why not?

Cos he's sh*te! Never impressed me. Would rather buy 2 cb's and wait for Jota to get back fit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #43368: Jan 02, 2021 12:40:07 pm

Absolute bullshit then!

One manc cock sucking gobs***e is that Castles, so don't believe it.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43369: Jan 02, 2021 01:23:46 pm
      Crazy if true. The guy signed for Lille only 6 months ago on a 5 year contract.

They're skint, and would make a quick profit. I pray its true and he can slot straight in.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43370: Jan 02, 2021 01:31:03 pm
      F**k me, the sh*te in here is incredible, from needing Depay replacing Origi to Grealish becoming Skipper what the F**k are you smokin,

We don't need Memphis or any other state of the art professional to replace Divock if he moves on or not, we brought in Jota who is a vast improvement to our cult hero, also we have potential in our ranks who will be given chances to shine,

Grealish although I admit is a superb player and would be a fine addition is no where near wearing the armband,  we have the likes of Virgil, Trent, Gomez , maybe even Curtis in line first,

Some of you need to put a stop to smoking the dog sh*t, it stinks around here !

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #43371: Jan 02, 2021 01:47:17 pm
      We talk about who would fill the void on Hendo as Captian in few years, well if u got Grelalish there's your answer. Amazing leader and world class talent atm. Imagine his progression under Klopp :)

Grealish as captain?

Funny that lad!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,237 posts | 2814 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43372: Jan 02, 2021 02:49:43 pm
      F**k me, the sh*te in here is incredible, from needing Depay replacing Origi to Grealish becoming Skipper what the f**k are you smokin,

We don't need Memphis or any other state of the art professional to replace Divock if he moves on or not, we brought in Jota who is a vast improvement to our cult hero, also we have potential in our ranks who will be given chances to shine,

Grealish although I admit is a superb player and would be a fine addition is no where near wearing the armband,  we have the likes of Virgil, Trent, Gomez , maybe even Curtis in line first,

YNWA

Wind your neck in F**k sake people are having a conversation, its a poxy forum
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,237 posts | 2814 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43373: Jan 02, 2021 03:35:05 pm

Anyone see him play regularly? He looks some unit for 20.

Would he come to England and fit in ftom the off? Big difference to France and Holland. Looks rash in the challenge in the box.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #43374: Jan 02, 2021 04:09:56 pm
      F**k me, the sh*te in here is incredible, from needing Depay replacing Origi to Grealish becoming Skipper what the f**k are you smokin,

YNWA

Jota has been injured for a while, homie. That means we're one positive test or pulled hamstring away from having to play Origi. What is wrong with wanting to strengthen our squads attacking depth? Players are getting injured more then ever due to the times. In a perfect world we don't need anyone else, but this isn't a perfect world.

As far as the Grealish thing goes, I wasn't saying demote Hendo or anything. Just saying if he were here his leadership skills, performances, and experience would translate to him being a good skipper. Thats all
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #43375: Jan 02, 2021 05:01:56 pm
      Jota has been injured for a while, homie. That means we're one positive test or pulled hamstring away from having to play Origi. What is wrong with wanting to strengthen our squads attacking depth? Players are getting injured more then ever due to the times. In a perfect world we don't need anyone else, but this isn't a perfect world.
      Dunno about that mate, reckon Shaq, Ox and Minamino are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Origi leave this month and not sure we even need to bother replacing him.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #43376: Jan 02, 2021 05:38:07 pm
      Heard about this Ben White a lot when it comes to discussions for a new centre back, watching him here against Wolves and he seems to be playing midfield in front of a back 5, what’s the deal with that?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #43377: Jan 02, 2021 06:25:38 pm
      Heard about this Ben White a lot when it comes to discussions for a new centre back, watching him here against Wolves and he seems to be playing midfield in front of a back 5, what’s the deal with that?

He can play defensive MF aswell. I like Ben White. Premier League experience and versatile. Some on here don't like him and thats fine.

Quick Reply