Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207753 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43447: Jan 05, 2021 09:05:28 am
      Where is our new CB?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #43448: Jan 05, 2021 01:04:18 pm
      Posted this in the matchday thread, but probably more relevant here -

I posted yesterday saying the problem was a dip in form from key attacking players and wasn't down to our CB situation but, thinking about the game again, I've changed my mind. What made me realise was the first 10 or 15 minutes of the 2nd half, when we came out like our old selves and had a go at them - Trent pushed up the right, we got players in the box, and for a brief period looked like we would score pretty quickly. Southampton then had one good counter-attack, and we went right back in our shell. Why?

Myself, and a lot of us, have been underestimating how much nerve it takes to play our high press. It leaves us at serious risk of counter-attacks if we don't get it right (as we saw against Villa). Right now, with no CBs on the pitch and lacking the recovery pace of Virgil and Gomez (and even Matip), our players are feeling they can't risk all out attack. Trent in particular is staying back (maybe under Jürgen's instructions) to try and cover. So we are losing our right flank of attack, and Mo is getting completely isolated. This is what is killing us offensively. It is absolutely no coincidence that the sudden drop in our form has followed us losing Matip. Our lack of a CB is not costing us so much defensively, but it is taking away a huge part of our attack, and our high press in general.

So we absolutely need a CB in this window - one with good recovery pace. (In the meantime, I would say that of the last 3 games, the one where we were least bad going forward was against Newcastle. It's far from conclusive, but at least suggests that Phillips may be the best of our existing options in terms of making the players feel they can press high.)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43449: Jan 05, 2021 02:41:02 pm
      Offer David Alaba £200k a week get him signed and we can end this defensive mess and play our midfielders in their proper positions.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43450: Jan 05, 2021 03:05:10 pm
      . Tie up Gini
      . Sign Alaba
      . Sign Botman
      . Sign Depay

Cost 25mill or so

Sell Origi. 15/20 million

That would be a serious window.

And before the negatives come in on Depay Id much rather have him coming in when the front 3 are musfiring then Divock
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43451: Jan 05, 2021 03:15:59 pm
      . Tie up Gini
      . Sign Alaba
      . Sign Botman
      . Sign Depay

Cost 25mill or so

And before the negatives come in on Depay Id much rather have him coming in when the front 3 are musfiring then Divock

Would strengthen us considerably.

I'd say the cost of signing those players would be closer to £75 million though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43452: Jan 05, 2021 03:18:45 pm
      Would strengthen us considerably.

I'd say the cost of signing those players would be closer to £75 million though.

Alaba is in the last 6 months, Depay has alrwady been valued at 5million I believe with his contract nearly up, Botman Im going by press figures so I dont think we would be up near 75 depending on what Munich sell Alaba for
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #43453: Jan 05, 2021 03:21:49 pm
      . Tie up Gini
      . Sign Alaba
      . Sign Botman
      . Sign Depay

Cost 25mill or so

Keeping Gini and bringing in either Alaba or Botman would do fine for me.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43454: Jan 05, 2021 03:40:42 pm
      Need a rebuild. Were still gonna contend and may even win it again, but that doesn't mean this team isn't aging and running its course. The blueprint is out against this group of players and people have figured out some of our limitations. It just is what it is.

Shanks and Paisley brought in new players even after winning big things because at this level, you have to. The margins are too fine. This team is a perfect example of that. Champs by a landslide last season to in a dog fight and on a bad run of form atm. The great teams adapt and stay on top. We will do so too.

I'd go all in on Haaland and Grealish and hope to land one. Edward's will get the rest right

Considering we walked the league last year, I'd say signing Thiago & Jota plus cover at left back was decent business.
      Yes we should have brought in another CB, but none of us know if whoever they targeted was available or within our price range.

So whilst I absolutely agree teams shouldn't be complacent and should strengthen from a position of power, I'd also say we absolutely did so with the arrival of Thiago & Jota. No one could have envisioned all three of our first choice centre halves being injured at the same time, especially for such long periods of time, which is why as hard as it will be to swallow if we don't retain the title, we really have been kicked in the balls with injuries this season and sometimes you have to accept it simply isn't to be.

As for signing both Grealish & Haaland, we ain't City or PSG, it's not gonna happen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43455: Jan 05, 2021 03:44:32 pm
      Alaba is in the last 6 months, Depay has alrwady been valued at 5million I believe with his contract nearly up, Botman Im going by press figures so I dont think we would be up near 75 depending on what Munich sell Alaba for

Bayern don't want to sell Alaba so they will want at least £20 mill for him I imagine. I think Botman is valued the same.

Didn't realise Depay is almost out of contract would be a steal if we could get him under £10 mill.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43456: Jan 05, 2021 03:49:48 pm
      Bayern don't want to sell Alaba so they will want at least £20 mill for him I imagine. I think Botman is valued the same.

Didn't realise Depay is almost out of contract would be a steal if we could get him under £10 mill.

Even at 20 mill, if ee can offload Divock, we still only net spend 25/30....I think we have to consider thatdue to the double edge sword of injury and form..

In my view if the boss has no confidence in Tiki or Origi to save  a game then he needs someone else. Diogo wont be back until possibily its too late. So we need to get a game changer in, whatever about a defender
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43457: Jan 05, 2021 03:52:32 pm

Edit: Just saw Depay's YouTube channel apparently he's a gangster rapper in his spare time. :roll:

Hard pass on this one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #43458: Jan 05, 2021 03:54:04 pm
      Edit: Just saw Depay's YouTube channel apparently he's a gangster rapper in his spare time. :roll:

Hard pass on this one.

😂😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #43459: Jan 05, 2021 04:41:07 pm
      Gomez got injured two months ago and we know all about Matip's niggles so I find it very strange we didn't set up a VVD style ready to come in on the first day type deal for a centre half.

Still time of course but all very odd for me.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43460: Jan 05, 2021 04:49:03 pm
      The Guardian are today claiming we're "pushing hard" to sign Alaba in the summer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #43461: Jan 05, 2021 05:00:08 pm
      The Guardian are today claiming we're "pushing hard" to sign Alaba in the summer.

What's the point of that we need a CB now
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43462: Jan 05, 2021 05:11:45 pm
      Probably the fact that they'd want a fee now instead of us getting him for free in the summer.

If some sort of compromise could be agreed, with us paying something for him which reflects the fact they won't get a penny for him in 6 months, then snapping him up ASAP makes a lot of sense. But then it isn't my money.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43463: Jan 05, 2021 08:56:12 pm
      FFS can we PLEASE sign a CB, pretty much any senior CB would improve us at the moment, it doesn't have to be the ultimate CB Jürgen!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #43464: Jan 05, 2021 09:05:48 pm

If we can't get him now and still want him then still have to plan ahead.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43465: Jan 05, 2021 10:14:31 pm
      Felix Udokhai at Augsberg looks decent only 23 mate over in Germany reckons sniffing around him
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #43466: Jan 06, 2021 06:06:16 am
      Mbappe in summer?  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43467: Jan 06, 2021 09:57:02 am

Would be nice but in the meantime can we please get a CB, any senior CB will do Jürgen, we just need cover until the summer, PLEASE don;t be too German about this, don't let perfect be the enemy of good!!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43468: Jan 06, 2021 10:24:32 am

How can we sign Mbappe though without messing up our wage structure?

He would be in the world top 10 highest player salary bracket.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #43469: Jan 06, 2021 01:35:10 pm
      How can we sign Mbappe though without messing up our wage structure?

We can't...but who cares. It would be fun. ;)

Quick Reply