Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4213288 times
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43677: Jan 21, 2021 04:16:46 pm
      Is it honestly too much to expect someone on several million a year and his coaching staff to create two strategies in football. Surely top class players would be able to learn two styles of play, just think of American football where they have to learn dozens of intricate patterns of play.

In the NFL if key players are missing they strip the playbook down massively to assist the replacements who have had to come in.
      At this point in time with how we have struggled to find the net there has to be slight changes coming, whether that is in the form of personnel or tactics remains to be seen. It would be mental to not try anything different whilst we're missing key players who have understandably affected the team in their absence.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43678: Jan 21, 2021 06:05:56 pm
      Is it honestly too much to expect someone on several million a year and his coaching staff to create two strategies in football. Surely top class players would be able to learn two styles of play, just think of American football where they have to learn dozens of intricate patterns of play.

They make changes in game and between games all the time.

ALL.

THE.

TIME.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43679: Jan 22, 2021 09:33:03 am
      They make changes in game and between games all the time.

ALL.

THE.

TIME.

WHAT

BECAUSE

I

JUST

SEE

THE

SAME sh*t

GAME AFTER GAME

AT THE MOMENT
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #43680: Jan 22, 2021 02:17:59 pm
      They could have triggered Messi's 700M release clause last summer and they wouldn't get in trouble with FIFA. If they didn't get punished this last time despite all the evidence they never will.

They still could get him in the summer!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #43681: Jan 23, 2021 03:20:18 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43682: Jan 23, 2021 06:55:36 am
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #43683: Jan 23, 2021 10:16:59 am
      This decision could cost fsg more than they think they're saving if we bomb out of the Cl and top 4,
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43684: Jan 23, 2021 10:27:52 am
      This stance by FSG does seem incredibly short sighted.
      There is a world of difference between bringing in a couple of players with potentially backloaded transfer fees due to absolute necessity and having a point blank refusal to any transfer activity.
      Especially if a place in the Champions League is at stake.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #43685: Jan 23, 2021 10:45:50 am
      I suspect this is not the end of the story.

Like Rafa called out H&G....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #43686: Jan 23, 2021 11:22:46 am
      If it's true the owners aren't backing JĆ¼rgen with just one signing this window after all he has done for the club, and what not signing this one player could cost us this season, is nothing short of scandalous.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43687: Jan 23, 2021 11:26:33 am
      Villa paying 15m for a player , Wolves loaning a striker seems not expecting big signing but surely a CB is out there on loan
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43688: Jan 23, 2021 11:38:16 am
      If were desperate to get a defender in but we have no money then just sign an out of contract player like Garay for 6 months and get on with it.

Last thing we need now is the media portraying an inhouse war between board and manager.

And for those kicking at the owners font forget the boss knew when he sold Lovern how many senior defenders he had left, no you cant forsee the injuries but there ye go
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 11:44:04 am by Brian78 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #43689: Jan 23, 2021 11:44:58 am
      If were desperate to get a defender in but we have no money then just sign an out of contract player like Garay for 6 months and get on with it.

Last thing we need now is the medua portraying an inhouse war between biard and manager.

And for those kicking at the owners font forget the boss knew when he sold Lovern how many senior defenders he had left, no you cant forsee the injuries but there ye go

As I said to FL in the other thread the way I read JĆ¼rgen's comments is that he is trying to let us know he obviously knows there is an issue but we can't solve it right now. The 'not going to cry like a baby' comment I read as that while he wanted a player he understands why we can't do it at the moment.

Agree on a signing like Garay by the way.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 12:14:41 pm by srslfc »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43690: Jan 23, 2021 11:51:14 am
      As I said to FL in the other thread the way I read JĆ¼rgen's comments is that he is trying to let us know he obviously knows there is an issue but we can't solve it right now. The 'not going to cry like a baby' comment I read as that while he wanted a player he understands why we can't do it at the moment.

Agree on a signing line Garay by the way.

JĆ¼rgen wont cry about it, and hes right not to. Others will do that for him  :D

Yeah Garay has some real experience. Fill a gap. At this point its perfect. Hom there with Matip free Fab and Hendo back into midfield.

I dont thjnk JĆ¼rgen sees Rhys or Nat as a soloution so Garay makes perfect sense, unless hed injured or someone else has signed him up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #43691: Jan 23, 2021 05:26:04 pm

Last thing we need now is the media portraying an inhouse war between board and manager.

Well maybe the boss didnā€™t sell Lovren, his other comment was basically ā€œI am not the final say on transfersā€.

That tells me that while he has input, he isnā€™t the one making the final call.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43692: Jan 23, 2021 05:27:32 pm
      F***ing tight fisted c**t owners, if you can't afford to run a club then sell it!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #43693: Jan 24, 2021 03:29:48 pm
      This stance by FSG does seem incredibly short sighted.
      There is a world of difference between bringing in a couple of players with potentially backloaded transfer fees due to absolute necessity and having a point blank refusal to any transfer activity.
      Especially if a place in the Champions League is at stake.

FSG are a business nothing else, we are fans and the two are worlds apart, if the is no money it FSG are not interested, perhaps the penny is dropping
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43694: Jan 24, 2021 03:30:13 pm
      Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum everyday for 13+ years. I used to comment but stopped as I noticed people only liked to reply to known users.

The state of our owners has caused me to register and comment.

There's no team, in our league, that would have their two starting centre backs out for the season and refuse to buy another.

Corona or no corona.

I'm watching Aston Villa buy a 15m midfielder.

Surely they're not richer than us.

Let's not forget we went a whole summer transfer window without making a signing. Yes, we won the league after that but what we're experiencing here is a knock on effect of that window.

At that point it was clear we needed two new centre backs and to move on Matip and Lovren. Instead we kept them on then decided to shift tbe latter on this window gone without a replacement. That was criminal.

We had just won the Champions League for God sake. Anyone would have joined us at that point. If we had replaced Matip and Lovren, like we should have, we would be sat here with two centre backs. Instead they said we need to "pay bills".

To not back Klopp, when he's having to play two centre mids in defence, is absolutely criminal.

They need to be held to account somehow.

God help us if Klopp decides to walk. Who in the world will want the job with a net spend of Ā£20m to sink their teeth in to?

They'll get a bigger budget managing West Ham
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #43695: Jan 24, 2021 07:17:28 pm
      If tonight is not a wake up call then the owners are out of order and not being fair to our boss. Heā€™s brilliant but Iā€™m guessing not a miracle worker.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43696: Jan 24, 2021 09:20:37 pm
      Was EXPECTING from before start of Jan that we'd sign a CB in the window. It seemed so obvious we needed to, we'd just do it.
      Didn't have to be 50mill - spend 20mill, whatever, just get a replacement for Lovren, a 3rd/4th choice CB. Someone maybe with some PL experience.

But bottom line - they just needed to be better than Rhys/Nat.

Hasn't happened. Stopped even coming into this thread cause the writing looked on the wall.
      Definitely questions there for the owners/club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #43697: Jan 24, 2021 09:24:58 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #43698: Jan 24, 2021 09:31:37 pm

Imagine the turn around on here if that was the case. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43699: Jan 24, 2021 09:32:10 pm
      Imagine the turn around on here if that was the case. ;D

Well its not, at this stage I would literally take any loan signing.

Quick Reply