Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206369 times
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43700: Jan 24, 2021 09:33:35 pm

Those tight b*stards won't even get us a loan deal when we have ZERO fit senior centre backs at the club. There's absolutely no way they'll get us Alaba.

We've gone from Champions to looking like a struggle for top 4 and all because they won't sign a centre back.

I've seen this coming for years. Of course not the injuries to Virj and Gomez but the unwillingness to sign players and forever missing out on our targets because "they wanted more money" or "we valued him at 5m less". It's always convenient for them to miss the target and we end up settling for second best.

United signed Bruno Fernandes at the same time we signed Minamino. If anyone wants an example of what spending more gets you well there it is. Anyone with eye sight could see what Bruno Fernandes was about before they signed him.

United have overtaken us and once again we'll be in their shadow. Well done FS f***ing G. Don't tell me about our state of the art training facility. See how far that facility gets us when we're playing Europa League football
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43701: Jan 24, 2021 10:18:39 pm
      Those tight b*stards won't even get us a loan deal when we have ZERO fit senior centre backs at the club. There's absolutely no way they'll get us Alaba.

We've gone from Champions to looking like a struggle for top 4 and all because they won't sign a centre back.

I've seen this coming for years. Of course not the injuries to Virj and Gomez but the unwillingness to sign players and forever missing out on our targets because "they wanted more money" or "we valued him at 5m less". It's always convenient for them to miss the target and we end up settling for second best.

United signed Bruno Fernandes at the same time we signed Minamino. If anyone wants an example of what spending more gets you well there it is. Anyone with eye sight could see what Bruno Fernandes was about before they signed him.

United have overtaken us and once again we'll be in their shadow. Well done FS f***ing G. Don't tell me about our state of the art training facility. See how far that facility gets us when we're playing Europa League football

United have overtaken us . How ?
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43702: Jan 24, 2021 10:56:52 pm

They sit six points above us and just knocked us out of the FA cup.

Their squad is in a better position than ours and we seem to be on the decline.

I hope I'm wrong and eat my words.

With owners like ours we won't progress any further
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43703: Jan 24, 2021 11:04:51 pm

So Leicester have overtaken us then yeh ? They are above us and into the next round . I will make this very simple for you . If Utd lost Maguire and Lindelof for the whole season near enough and Fernandez for 2 months and various other Players out for various stages where do you think they would be now and we had our same team available for most of the season do you think they would be 6 points clear ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #43704: Jan 24, 2021 11:05:55 pm

They're squad is decent, especially the forwards but to say they've overtaken us is ridiculous.

I'd still have our squad over theirs everyday of the week.

What has happened with them is they have enough good players to mask the inadequacy of the coach and are riding the crest of a wave. It might last until the end of the season but could just as easily have the wheels come off in a week.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43705: Jan 24, 2021 11:23:36 pm
      They're squad is decent, especially the forwards but to say they've overtaken us is ridiculous.

What has happened with them is they have enough good players to mask the inadequacy of the coach and are riding the crest of a wave. It might last until the end of the season but could just as easily have the wheels come off in a week.

I feel like the difference between us and them, at this moment, is Bruno Fernandes and Hunger.

They're what we were in 2017 with more quality.

They're ready to concede as they know they'll outscore teams.

Ole is a poor manager but he's got the balance spot on here. He's made Fred and Mctom better players and he's making Pogba tick.

Their spine is strong.

Our spine is currently Firmino who can't even shoot on target let alone score, Thiago, who has no support, Fabinho who is a DM playing make shift and Ali.

So many players needed moving on and so many positions needed a back up but they didn't back Klopp. I could see it coming from far

It's black and white.

GK has no decent back up

Trent has no back up at all (name another team with no rb cover)

Virj had Matip back up who is made of glass

Gomez had no back up so Fabinho was make shift

Robbo has Tsmiskas who can't get a start for love nor money

Hendo has Milner

Gini has a glass Keita and Jones who's still learning his trade.

Thiago has a glass OX who has lost his way tbh

Mane has no back up

Firmino has Origi who is not good enough and Minamino who seems to be not good enough and Jota who is a very good player.

Mo has Shaq who is made of glass.

Our lack of ambition in the transfer market means we have a good starting 11 but no one to pressure them to stay good

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43706: Jan 24, 2021 11:25:07 pm
      So Leicester have overtaken us then yeh ? They are above us and into the next round . I will make this very simple for you . If Utd lost Maguire and Lindelof for the whole season near enough and Fernandez for 2 months and various other Players out for various stages where do you think they would be now and we had our same team available for most of the season do you think they would be 6 points clear ?

I'll make this clearer, they would have signed new centre backs.

My issue is with the owners not backing their world class manager
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43707: Jan 24, 2021 11:34:24 pm
      I'll make this clearer, they would have signed new centre backs.

My issue is with the owners not backing their world class manager

So they haven't really overtaken us have they end of story . They are in a good spot at the moment injury free and have some good players no doubt but until they start racking up the points we did and winning league and European Cup again then we can discuss
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43708: Jan 24, 2021 11:41:59 pm
      So they haven't really overtaken us have they end of story . They are in a good spot at the moment injury free and have some good players no doubt but until they start racking up the points we did and winning league and European Cup again then we can discuss

So if we finish 4th and they finish 2nd then they go and do their regular strengthen  with £100m+ and we do our regular sell to buy they wouldn't have over taken us with a better shot at the title next year?

The fact that we're talking about coming back for a title challenge NEXT YEAR and they're talking about a title challenge THIS YEAR means, for me, they've overtaken us.

Hopefully their overtaking is only temporary
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #43709: Jan 24, 2021 11:52:18 pm
      If today doesn’t confirm to Edwards and Klopp that beyond all reasonable doubt that we need a center half then nothing will. Point the gun at our season and pull the trigger if they don’t.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43710: Jan 24, 2021 11:52:28 pm
      So if we finish 4th and they finish 2nd then they go and do their regular strengthen  with £100m+ and we do our regular sell to buy they wouldn't have over taken us with a better shot at the title next year?

The fact that we're talking about coming back for a title challenge NEXT YEAR and they're talking about a title challenge THIS YEAR means, for me, they've overtaken us.

Hopefully their overtaking is only temporary

They have regualry spent more than us over the past seasons and It has not got them anywhere. I agree we are going to need to spend in areas especially at CB and we need to recruit well just think we need to get the big boys back and square up then see who is in front can quickly change a couple of injuries and suspensions will change again
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43711: Jan 25, 2021 12:19:01 am
      They have regualry spent more than us over the past seasons and It has not got them anywhere. I agree we are going to need to spend in areas especially at CB and we need to recruit well just think we need to get the big boys back and square up then see who is in front can quickly change a couple of injuries and suspensions will change again

Yeah I agree.

We need our full deck but defo need to let go of the dead wood.

Origi, Minamino, Ox, Keita, Shaq, Matip, Milner (been amazing) plus the surplus kids
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #43712: Jan 25, 2021 04:30:13 am
      Yeah I agree.

We need our full deck but defo need to let go of the dead wood.

Origi, Minamino, Ox, Keita, Shaq, Matip, Milner (been amazing) plus the surplus kids

I like the idea of selling Origi, Ox, Kieta, Milner and Matip for sure. Your almost definitely gonna lose big on Kieta, but it beats paying that dude wages he won't properly earn. Milner is a tough one because he's meant so much to us, but in the end of the day he's 35 and its business.

Shaq still seems to have a place for me when healthy. They talk like his calf issue seems to be sorted and better understood so maybe he plays himself back into a serviceable squad player. Definitely a great creator in a pinch. Who knows what happens with Mini.

Harry Wilson needs to be sold for sure
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #43713: Jan 25, 2021 05:26:22 am

Give credit where it's due, ManU is very good right now. Fernandes, McTominay and Pogba are running the show while Wijnaldum, Thiago and Jones are still finding their feet this season while we're almost midway.

Shaw is showing how good a LB he is while our fullbacks are crossing restlessly for no goalscorer in the box.

ManU is much better than us right now.

However, we still have a world class squad, they are simply out of shape and form because we have an injury crisis at the back and the direction has decided not to invest in better cover.

Origi and Minamino are not good enough! It's clear for anyone to see but Klopp.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #43714: Jan 25, 2021 06:59:25 am

Origi and Minamino are not good enough! It's clear for anyone to see but Klopp.

Klopp sure thought the same mate otherwise them both must start every games already.

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43715: Jan 25, 2021 08:03:14 am
      I like the idea of selling Origi, Ox, Kieta, Milner and Matip for sure. Your almost definitely gonna lose big on Kieta, but it beats paying that dude wages he won't properly earn. Milner is a tough one because he's meant so much to us, but in the end of the day he's 35 and its business.

Shaq still seems to have a place for me when healthy. They talk like his calf issue seems to be sorted and better understood so maybe he plays himself back into a serviceable squad player. Definitely a great creator in a pinch. Who knows what happens with Mini.

Harry Wilson needs to be sold for sure

We won't see any outgoings because we won't get much for them and to replace them means, god forbid, FSG having to spend money.

Has anyone else noticed coming up to transfer windows former players/pundits start to attempt to put pressure on FSG?

Carra, Thommo etc will be saying "They have to go and get a defender" etc. They can see, and know, what these owners are like. It's like they're attempting to put pressure on the owners.

We done business very late in the summer and for a long time it seemed like Tsimiskas was our only bit of business. I reckon there was more to that than met the eye (my personal opinion).

If they won't back the manager and give our team what it needs to compete, within reason, then I want them gone and new owners who will back this team when it's in a crisis.

I don't want to hear about Covid because everyone else has covid and our £20m a year net has actually put us in a better situation, than everyone else, to deal with Covid.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #43716: Jan 25, 2021 09:05:34 am
      We're signing a 16yo from Derby for £1 million plus add ons Kaide Gordon.

Looks a good prospect hopefully he has a bright future here.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2021 09:30:48 am by bazspeedman »
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43717: Jan 25, 2021 09:55:38 am

Whilst I agree we need to spend a bit to massively assist Jürgen to get us out of this injured inspired hell, you're comparing apples to oranges.
      Bruno was about £68m - Taki was £7m. It simply isnt comparable.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43718: Jan 25, 2021 10:41:45 am
      We're signing a 16yo from Derby for £1 million plus add ons Kaide Gordon.

Looks a good prospect hopefully he has a bright future here.

Can he play centre half....... now?  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43719: Jan 25, 2021 11:54:41 am

Agree. We're on a bad run, but no need to overreact.
      We have an excellent squad, one that ran away with the PL last year.
      And the best manager in the world.

We are in a run of poor form, and a ridiculous run of injury problems.

Agree that we should have signed a CB, and am sure Jürgen is as pissed off as everyone else, FSG have let us down there.

But no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
      It's not long since we hockeyed Palace 0-7.
      Form can turn around, am sure we'll get back on the horse.
      It's just a pity that this poor run might cost us more than we'd like.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43720: Jan 25, 2021 12:36:24 pm

in the league and in terms of squad depth they arguably have over taken us, we have the better manager though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43721: Jan 25, 2021 12:42:31 pm
      Agree. We're on a bad run, but no need to overreact.
      We have an excellent squad, one that ran away with the PL last year.
      And the best manager in the world.

We are in a run of poor form, and a ridiculous run of injury problems.

Agree that we should have signed a CB, and am sure Jürgen is as pissed off as everyone else, FSG have let us down there.

But no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
      It's not long since we hockeyed Palace 0-7.
      Form can turn around, am sure we'll get back on the horse.
      It's just a pity that this poor run might cost us more than we'd like.

Sorry but we do not have an excellent squad as highlighted in previous posts.  We have no proper backup to GK, we do not have proper cover in CB and RB and we arguably need one more forward player as well.
      What we do have is a fantastic manager and a brilliant first team when all are fit.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43722: Jan 25, 2021 12:51:48 pm
      in the league and in terms of squad depth they arguably have over taken us, we have the better manager though.

They have virtually the same squad as last year added Van de Beek and Fernandez  we added 3 and we were 30 points in front

Quick Reply