Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199765 times
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43746: Jan 25, 2021 04:36:03 pm
      Yeah they struggled to a comfortable second place, in truth that was more down to just having an off year, the result of winning the previous 2 seasons.

They still struggled, how do you think they'd have faired if they'd also lost their second choice CB?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43747: Jan 25, 2021 04:37:29 pm
      They still struggled, how do you think they'd have faired if they'd also lost their second choice CB?

Do you think it might be the reason why they went out and bought 2 more CB's!! You are kind of proving my point here! ;-)
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43748: Jan 25, 2021 04:38:20 pm
      Yes, because so many players have underperformed so far this season, its unrealistic to expect us never to have any injuries.

I'm not saying we wouldn't get injuries, but look at the amount we have had compared to other teams.
      I genuinely do not think we would be struggling anywhere near as much as we are if we had been more fortunate concerning injuries.
      Your opinion is you think we would, we don't agree but fair enough.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43749: Jan 25, 2021 04:41:09 pm
      Do you think it might be the reason why they went out and bought 2 more CB's!! You are kind of proving my point here! ;-)

We aren't in the same stratosphere as City spending wise, we never will be. There is probably only a handful of clubs on the planet that are.
      I said before I'm not going to compare us to them because it is utterly pointless.
      The fact remains that when they lost key players, they struggled.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43750: Jan 25, 2021 04:51:41 pm

What we do have is a fantastic manager

Does that mean he's back in your good books now.  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43751: Jan 25, 2021 05:36:22 pm
      The fact remains that when they lost key players, they struggled.

Right, and our injury problems are on a different scale to any top team that I can remember in recent times.
      Added to that, there's nothing you can do about form, if good players go on a bad run, you just have to work through it.

In saying that, not signing a CB, even short term, will continue to cost us.
      We've actually haven't been exposed at CB as much as we could've been, mainly because we have so much possession. But if teams go at us at pace, like they will in the CL, or better teams in the PL, will be exposed again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43752: Jan 25, 2021 05:52:39 pm
      Just offer Alaba £250k a week and get him in ffs this is an emergency situation!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #43753: Jan 25, 2021 05:55:47 pm

Better than us ;D. Their big issue last year was De Bruyne was out a bunch. Any teams form would drop without him. They have a 69 win percentage with him and 63 without. He's out 4 to 6 weeks now. Pray everyone else gets a taste of what we have had to deal with
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,109 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43754: Jan 25, 2021 05:59:55 pm
      Anybody watch Celtic much? Ex defender on a free Jozo Sumunovic

Garay and Subotic seem the obvious 2 on short term deals they are free agents, unlesd they are crocked??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #43755: Jan 25, 2021 06:09:52 pm
      If today doesn’t confirm to Edwards and Klopp that beyond all reasonable doubt that we need a center half then nothing will. Point the gun at our season and pull the trigger if they don’t.

I reckon they already know, it's the other knobheads that need F***ing telling.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43756: Jan 25, 2021 06:14:00 pm
      All I'll say is if we aren't signing a CB this window we better be signing at least two in the Summer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #43757: Jan 25, 2021 06:17:52 pm
      Just offer Alaba £250k a week and get him in ffs this is an emergency situation!

Versatile CB & LB, give Robbo some competition & a deserved rest..
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #43758: Jan 25, 2021 09:30:21 pm
      They also added Cavani and some other player. They have fit and healthy CB's, very good LB, good RB. Excellent midfield and a very tasty attack.
      Yes they are fit and healthy ours aren't thats the difference and their LB and RB are not as good as ours either
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43759: Jan 25, 2021 09:35:12 pm
      Yes they are fit and healthy ours aren't thats the difference and their LB and RB are not as good as ours either

Debatable.

Wan Bisaka is in better form than Trent and has been since project restart.

Robbo and Shaw are on par, this year, but I would take Robbo in my team over him
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43760: Jan 25, 2021 09:35:47 pm

Definitely not although on this seasons form Wan Bissaka is miles better than Trent.

Luckily form is only temporary.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43761: Jan 25, 2021 09:39:37 pm

Robbo and Shaw are on par, this year, but I would take Robbo in my team over him

Not a chance they are on par Robbo at 50% is better than Shaw in his best form.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #43762: Jan 25, 2021 09:43:32 pm
      Not a chance they are on par Robbo at 50% is better than Shaw in his best form.

Shaw has improved massively and is looking like a proper lb.

I think that's what happens when you get proper competition for places. They signed that other geeza, from Porto, and Shaw's stepped up big time.

The exact opposite example for Trent. If you don't have decent competition for your place you'll just throw out sub par, below average, performances.

Robbo is better than Shaw but right now Robbo isn't playing at his full potential whilst Shaw is all systems go
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43763: Jan 25, 2021 09:50:45 pm
      Shaw has improved massively and is looking like a proper lb.

I think that's what happens when you get proper competition for places. They signed that other geeza, from Porto, and Shaw's stepped up big time.

The exact opposite example for Trent. If you don't have decent competition for your place you'll just throw out sub par, below average, performances.

Robbo is better than Shaw but right now Robbo isn't playing at his full potential whilst Shaw is all systems go

Agree Shaw has improved for the Scum and looks like the player they signed from Saints.

However, Robbo is not at his best yet still has a way bigger output this season.

Robbo is still a level above.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43764: Jan 25, 2021 10:13:17 pm
      Does that mean he's back in your good books now.  ;D

Bit of a wum comment there Keith 😉
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #43765: Jan 26, 2021 01:48:09 am
      Could Declan Rice be LFCs Gini replacement? Talk of him is hot over night. Definitely rate the kid. Doubt it happens, but bringing him in would be sick. Two super strong DMF and Thiago/ Hendo in the advanced role.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2021 03:20:51 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,109 posts | 2765 
      Reply #43766: Jan 26, 2021 09:49:04 am
      A lot of talk of signing a 16 year old talent from Derby, fee mentioned between 1 and 3 million....if we have no money why not offer that money as a 6 month package for Subotic or Garay.

The young lad will likely have no impact in the first team or if he does itll be 3 or 4 years down the line.....rather get an experienced defender in for the rest of this season
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,109 posts | 2765 
      Reply #43767: Jan 26, 2021 09:50:50 am
      Could Declan Rice be LFCs Gini replacement? Talk of him is hot over night. Definitely rate the kid. Doubt it happens, but bringing him in would be sick. Two super strong DMF and Thiago/ Hendo in the advanced role.

There are far better players then Rice out there who would go for a fraction of the price. Typical of anyone who pulls on an England jersey the asking price becomes insane. Id swerve him
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43768: Jan 26, 2021 10:03:53 am
      There are far better players then Rice out there who would go for a fraction of the price. Typical of anyone who pulls on an England jersey the asking price becomes insane. Id swerve him

Disagree completely I think Rice is a brilliant player he is every bit as good as Rodri and only 22.

Quick Reply