Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203685 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44413: Mar 27, 2021 07:19:26 pm

1 huge spend on Haaland and we are protected for years.

Who ever gets him (( probably city )) almost sure to score 30 + goals a season even though our league harder than the German league. The lad looks like he can transform any team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44414: Mar 27, 2021 07:26:03 pm
      Haaland is massively overhyped, I'm watching him now for Norway and Soerloth is by far the better striker! Haaland is lazy and does not seem very smart or intuitive. I know he's used to better service but still!

Mbappe is much much better.

I'm not fussy I'll take any.  ;D Given a choice I'll just about side with Haaland based on he should only get better.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44415: Mar 28, 2021 07:27:24 am
      Do you reckon FSG have a spare £180 million to spend on Haaland? As that's the price tag Dortmund have valued him at.

If we were to land him someone, perhaps 2 will have to be sold to fund it. Salah Mane and Firmino are all getting to 30 and I'm not sure Fenway will allow them to run their contracts down and leave.

Sooner or later I think a rebuild will have to take place otherwise we will end up like United when Fergie left them in the sh*t.

I'm hopeful there is a plan in place to transform this side so that its able to compete for both now with Jürgen and beyond Jurgens time here.

Clubs abroad will still happily buy players at the age of 30+ so it doesn't have to be right now, but sooner or later it will be time to invest in the future.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44416: Mar 28, 2021 07:28:15 am
      I'm not fussy I'll take any.  ;D Given a choice I'll just about side with Haaland based on he should only get better.

Not Sorloth then? :lmao:

You don't half talk some sh*t at times Heimy!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44417: Mar 28, 2021 01:13:12 pm
      Not Sorloth then? :lmao:

You don't half talk some sh*t at times Heimy!!

I watched him in two matches now for Norway, there is serious talk of dropping him in favour of Josh King, that's how bad he has been!! Now obviously he gets better service for Dortmund where he is scoring for fun, but he must be more motivated as he looks a lazy player for Norway, lack of creativity and initiative, he seems like the kind of player who needs perfect deliveries and is incapable or unwilling to do the hard work himself to give himself opportunities

That in my mind shows either a player who lacks creativity or player with a sh*t attitude, neither thing is good. Compare that to Salah who carries his country, same to an extent with Bale for Wales. Another good example is Zlatan Ibrahimovitch for Sweden where he is has for many years been by far the best player in the team but works hard for it, lifts the whole team etc, even at 39!

I'm just giving my honest opinion, I think Haaland is massively over hyped, I think he has a bad attitude and I don't think he will ever be as good as Mbappe, he'll be decent, nothing more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44418: Mar 28, 2021 01:28:20 pm
      I watched him in two matches now for Norway, there is serious talk of dropping him in favour of Josh King, that's how bad he has been!! Now obviously he gets better service for Dortmund where he is scoring for fun, but he must be more motivated as he looks a lazy player for Norway, lack of creativity and initiative, he seems like the kind of player who needs perfect deliveries and is incapable or unwilling to do the hard work himself to give himself opportunities

That in my mind shows either a player who lacks creativity or player with a sh*t attitude, neither thing is good. Compare that to Salah who carries his country, same to an extent with Bale for Wales. Another good example is Zlatan Ibrahimovitch for Sweden where he is has for many years been by far the best player in the team but works hard for it, lifts the whole team etc, even at 39!

I'm just giving my honest opinion, I think Haaland is massively over hyped, I think he has a bad attitude and I don't think he will ever be as good as Mbappe, he'll be decent, nothing more.

I can see it now. If your fortunate enough to get him ( which is doubtful) he will be the best thing since slice bread.  ;D ;D He will score 40 goals a year and put Owen, Rush, Mane, Fowler,  Salah etc etc to shame.  :lmao:

The greatest of all time, better than Pele, Best, Maradona Messi, Ronaldo.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #44419: Mar 28, 2021 01:35:34 pm
      I can see it now. If your fortunate enough to get him ( which is doubtful) he will be the best thing since slice bread.  ;D ;D He will score 40 goals a year and put Owen, Rush, Mane, Fowler,  Salah etc etc to shame.  :lmao:

The greatest of all time, better than Pele, Best, Maradona Messi, Ronaldo.  :lmao:

Okay yer can wind yer neck in now la!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44420: Mar 28, 2021 02:15:03 pm
      Okay yer can wind yer neck in now la!!

;D ;D ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44421: Mar 28, 2021 09:10:51 pm

I hope you guys break the bank to get Haaland, just make sure you don't have Roy Keane in the welcoming committee! ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44422: Mar 28, 2021 09:50:47 pm
      I hope you guys break the bank to get Haaland, just make sure you don't have Roy Keane in the welcoming committee! ;-)

So do I but it's more wishful thinking than anything else.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #44423: Mar 29, 2021 08:51:06 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44424: Mar 29, 2021 12:20:39 pm
      Konate, De Paul, and a top striker we're set for next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6709 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44425: Mar 31, 2021 01:47:33 am

Who is De Paul bud? Haven't heard about him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44426: Mar 31, 2021 08:43:29 am

Yeah Id go onr further

Make Kabak permanent
      De Paul looks the real deal
      Konate in ( can also play right full so let Neco out on loan
      Top striker....Id take Silva and Id be very happy if we also got Donyell Malen also.

That would be top quality work. Ideally get Kelleher out on loan and an experienced 2nd keeper in
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44427: Mar 31, 2021 08:57:40 am
      Did anyone watch Kabak yesterday, going from 3-1 up to 3-3 against Latvia is not good, was he at fault for any of the goals?

BTW Haaland had another lacklustre performance for Norway, obviously he is better than what he shows for his country, but I always worry a bit about players who can't be bothered to crank it up for their country, shows a lack of character in my opinion.

On the flipside Soerloth, who used to play for Palace, is looking very good, seems a much better player than I remember, tall and strong, holds the ball up well and a decent shot on him, could be a good cheap option and a kind of Plan B for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44428: Mar 31, 2021 09:28:10 am
      Who is De Paul bud? Haven't heard about him.

Argentine box to box creative midfielder mate playing really well in Serie A last couple seasons he's Udinese's best player. Would be an upgrade on Keita he's a bigger goal threat and can stay fit for more than two games in a row.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44429: Mar 31, 2021 09:36:20 am
      Did anyone watch Kabak yesterday, going from 3-1 up to 3-3 against Latvia is not good, was he at fault for any of the goals?

BTW Haaland had another lacklustre performance for Norway, obviously he is better than what he shows for his country, but I always worry a bit about players who can't be bothered to crank it up for their country, shows a lack of character in my opinion.

On the flipside Soerloth, who used to play for Palace, is looking very good, seems a much better player than I remember, tall and strong, holds the ball up well and a decent shot on him, could be a good cheap option and a kind of Plan B for us.

Couldn't give a fiddlers about international form compared to club. Look at the flip side Bobby scores for fun with Brazil and can't score from 5 yards with us. Does that mean he lacks character?

I'm sure when it comes to the big stage of a Euros or World Cup Haaland will show his class.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44430: Mar 31, 2021 04:25:52 pm
      Couldn't give a fiddlers about international form compared to club. Look at the flip side Bobby scores for fun with Brazil and can't score from 5 yards with us. Does that mean he lacks character?

I'm sure when it comes to the big stage of a Euros or World Cup Haaland will show his class.

Lets hope Norway qualify then :-)

In all seriousness I don't get the big whoop about Sancho and Haaland, both are good but they aren't there yet and they are certainly not worth the money being touted for them. For £100m+ you want an absolute superstar, someone who instantly transforms your team, like Virgil or Alisson did for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44431: Mar 31, 2021 05:12:33 pm
      Lets hope Norway qualify then :-)

In all seriousness I don't get the big whoop about Sancho and Haaland, both are good but they aren't there yet and they are certainly not worth the money being touted for them. For £100m+ you want an absolute superstar, someone who instantly transforms your team, like Virgil or Alisson did for us.

Sancho I'm not too fussed about he's definitely overrated.

Haaland on the other hand is an amazing player and will be the next Lewondowski for years to come.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #44432: Mar 31, 2021 09:02:21 pm

Think we need a little bit more.

Two centre halves for starters. No one wants to say it but there's going to be question marks over VVD when he comes back from such a serious injury at his age. Add in the fact that Gomez is coming off another serious injury I think we need two in. Matip I would move on but I don't know who would take a gamble on him.

RB we need someone to push Trent as it's not going to be Neco.

One into midfield I agree although I've not heard of De Paul. I would love a bit of that Aouar from Lyon though.

Attacker I agree we need some quality there, someone who's going to bag goals. Bring Elliott back into the fold and move Shaqiri and Origi on.

Maybe an experienced number two keeper so Kelleher can go on loan?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6709 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44433: Apr 01, 2021 12:01:18 am
      Argentine box to box creative midfielder mate playing really well in Serie A last couple seasons he's Udinese's best player. Would be an upgrade on Keita he's a bigger goal threat and can stay fit for more than two games in a row.

Sounds perfect, have we showed any interest in him or is that one you are hoping we sign, mate?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44434: Apr 01, 2021 08:23:26 am
      For me, the real issue is not central defence for next season, but the attack. Firmino, Mane or Salah have too many off-days and not good enough cover, although I think Klopp should be using Shaqiri more often. One of the 3 is often terrible but then he's kept in the starting 11. Or worse, Origi who does nothing plays. He should be gone by the start of next season. If you look at our performances since the start of the season, we've had an issue with scoring, not defending as such IMO.

For next season, we'll have Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Kabak and Davies. I hope Davies is good enough if we signed him. I would not mind replacing Matip who is a very good defender but injured too often.

As for the midfield, if we have Jones, Grujic back and keep AOC, I don't think we desperately need to buy someone to replace Wijnaldum.

I think we should sell Origi and buy another striker like Jota, versatile, quick, young and who would not mind rotating with the front 3. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44435: Apr 01, 2021 09:00:12 am
      For me, the real issue is not central defence for next season, but the attack. Firmino, Mane or Salah have too many off-days and not good enough cover, although I think Klopp should be using Shaqiri more often. One of the 3 is often terrible but then he's kept in the starting 11. Or worse, Origi who does nothing plays. He should be gone by the start of next season. If you look at our performances since the start of the season, we've had an issue with scoring, not defending as such IMO.

For next season, we'll have Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Kabak and Davies. I hope Davies is good enough if we signed him. I would not mind replacing Matip who is a very good defender but injured too often.

As for the midfield, if we have Jones, Grujic back and keep AOC, I don't think we desperately need to buy someone to replace Wijnaldum.

I think we should sell Origi and buy another striker like Jota, versatile, quick, young and who would not mind rotating with the front 3. 

JOTA!!!!!

Quick Reply