Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 3123484 times
      Dadorious and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,576 posts | 2058 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44600: Apr 10, 2021 01:33:37 pm
      Agree with Neto way the better option,after watching us in Spain the other night Grealish came to mind but the price would be scary ,no.

Grealish would be great but he's valued over £60 million. I think he'll end up at City.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,467 posts | 437 
      Reply #44601: Apr 10, 2021 07:20:08 pm
      Good shout mate.

Looked their best player in the PL last season.

Wouldn't really compare him to Gini though but a very good Shaq replacement.

Hds definitely more Shaq than Gini, but he works hard off the ball and isn't afraid to stick a leg in or hold the ball up. I've watched him more this year than last. I'm telling ya. He's top class
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,431 posts | 992 
      Reply #44602: Apr 10, 2021 07:21:25 pm
      Hds definitely more Shaq than Gini, but he works hard off the ball and isn't afraid to stick a leg in or hold the ball up. I've watched him more this year than last. I'm telling ya. He's top class

The lad at Norwich ? Did he turn down Arsenal last year ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,753 posts | 4712 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44603: Apr 11, 2021 12:55:53 am
      Grealish would be great but he's valued over £60 million. I think he'll end up at City.

Over 60, wow that's f**king peanuts for a player of his quality, in this day and age.

Snap the f**ker up!!

Would kill it in our Team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,958 posts | 1243 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44604: Apr 11, 2021 08:29:42 am

Will be least 80 million Baz and that's a good deal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,639 posts | 5330 
      Reply #44605: Apr 11, 2021 01:34:29 pm

I reckon he'll end up on Sky bantering with Grealish mark one - Lee Hendrie :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,203 posts | 1888 
      Reply #44606: Apr 11, 2021 03:21:31 pm
      I reckon he'll end up on Sky bantering with Grealish mark one - Lee Hendrie :laugh:

We'll end up with his lookie likey Matty Cash.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,467 posts | 437 
      Reply #44607: Apr 12, 2021 06:09:27 am

The lad at Norwich ? Did he turn down Arsenal last year ?

I know he was heavily linked in January. They sure as hell could've used him. Lol. You like him?
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 335 posts | 30 
      Reply #44608: Apr 15, 2021 07:18:03 am
      We need to get rid of Salah. His workrate is abysmal. We need another diligent striker like Jota. And we need a CB, hopefully we get Konate. That's it. No need for more. (We could need a playmaker like KDB but there's no decent one available afaik.)

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,930 posts | 107 
      Reply #44609: Apr 15, 2021 09:09:35 am
      We need to get rid of Salah. His workrate is abysmal. We need another diligent striker like Jota. And we need a CB, hopefully we get Konate. That's it. No need for more. (We could need a playmaker like KDB but there's no decent one available afaik.)

Salah is a wonderful player. One of the best. The issue is that he's not the most clinical of players. The difference this season is that Mane and Firmino are not scoring. His stats are simply fabulous. He has already scored 25 goals while this team has been awful for months.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,581 posts | 1383 
      Reply #44610: Apr 15, 2021 09:13:04 am

Your an idiot shut up.
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 335 posts | 30 
      Reply #44611: Apr 15, 2021 11:22:41 am
      Salah is a wonderful player. One of the best. The issue is that he's not the most clinical of players. The difference this season is that Mane and Firmino are not scoring. His stats are simply fabulous. He has already scored 25 goals while this team has been awful for months.

His stats are fabulous because he profits from the workrate of Bobby, Mané, Hendo and Fabinho. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that I think we could be stronger if we had three strikers to work/press hard instead of two + Salah. He's overrated and I bet if it wasn't for Covid we'd be shopping him around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44612: Apr 15, 2021 11:40:27 am
      His stats are fabulous because he profits from the workrate of Bobby, Mané, Hendo and Fabinho. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that I think we could be stronger if we had three strikers to work/press hard instead of two + Salah. He's overrated and I bet if it wasn't for Covid we'd be shopping him around.

One interesting stat is xG (Expected Goals), if you look on here, https://understat.com/league/EPL, you will see that we are almost always below our xG, even when we win, whereas a team like City is usually above, that makes a huge difference and goes a long way to explaining our difficulties this season.

Salah is a great forward, but is far too wasteful, Jota is more clinical but has been out for a long time after getting injured in a dead rubber match and the less said about Mane and Bobby the better. I would say that we need to either find out what the f**k is wrong with Mane or sell him, Bobby we should definitely sell now. I would actually be quite tempted to sell Mane, Bobby and Salah and replace them with 2 top notch forwards and 1 potential. Yes it might mean next season in transition but we have to be bold, we have to adapt how we play.
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 335 posts | 30 
      Reply #44613: Apr 15, 2021 12:05:02 pm
      One interesting stat is xG (Expected Goals), if you look on here, https://understat.com/league/EPL, you will see that we are almost always below our xG, even when we win, whereas a team like City is usually above, that makes a huge difference and goes a long way to explaining our difficulties this season.

What's your explanation? Mine is this: we play pretty random near the box, i.e. we play like: get the ball to the opponent's box asap and then make some pass and if we repeat that 30 times, we get 20 shots, 10 of them on the goal, 5 on target, 2 goals and since we only get one goal on average we are winning. Obviously such a style has the benefit that you don't need the best players to play it and you don't waste much time with tatical scripts but it also means that you are dependent from statistical dry spells. City on the other hand plays more methodical around the box. This maximizes their output but it also requires much more costs for better players and more more effort in scripting attacks while in the same time Liverpool can just focus on trying over and over again. Since City got a cheat mode with the sheikhs it gives them a substantial advantage which makes our two previous seasons even more amazing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,203 posts | 3424 
      Reply #44614: Apr 15, 2021 12:23:09 pm

Salah 'overrated'??
      The elite of the football world would pay silly money for his services!

Your comments get more ludicrous.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,639 posts | 5330 
      Reply #44615: Apr 15, 2021 05:54:23 pm

So your idea is to get shut of our current top goalscorer? Are you off your f**king head or something?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,958 posts | 1243 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44616: Apr 15, 2021 06:11:51 pm
      Think I would fit in well on this thread if I said Bruno Fernandes is overrated and we should sell him.  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44617: Apr 15, 2021 06:25:52 pm
      Think I would fit in well on this thread if I said Bruno Fernandes is overrated and we should sell him.  :lmao:

You'd fit in better on Redcafe or maybe not!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,958 posts | 1243 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44618: Apr 15, 2021 06:38:18 pm
      You'd fit in better on Redcafe or maybe not!

:lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,923 posts | 1992 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44619: Apr 16, 2021 12:47:36 pm

i see you left a message in the Hillsborough forum yesterday for the anniversary, fair play Keith
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,639 posts | 5330 
      Reply #44620: Apr 16, 2021 05:49:10 pm

Sell, sell, sell!! :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,958 posts | 1243 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44621: Apr 17, 2021 10:48:57 am
      i see you left a message in the Hillsborough forum yesterday for the anniversary, fair play Keith

Thank you Brian, you sound a little surprised. As we both know respect is everthing no matter who fans support. I know that doesn't always happen with the minority. However, prettier sure well over 90% are. Stay safe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,923 posts | 1992 
      Reply #44622: Apr 17, 2021 10:50:02 pm
      Thank you Brian, you sound a little surprised. As we both know respect is everthing no matter who fans support. I know that doesn't always happen with the minority. However, prettier sure well over 90% are. Stay safe.

Not surprised at all pal. More highlighting that you took the time to do it when some who abuse you for even being on here couldnt be arsed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,958 posts | 1243 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44623: Apr 18, 2021 07:55:14 am
      Not surprised at all pal. More highlighting that you took the time to do it when some who abuse you for even being on here couldnt be arsed

Never looked at it like that Brian but yeah, that's a fair point. We do have plenty of wums on here though which adequately proves your right.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,923 posts | 1992 
      Reply #44624: Apr 18, 2021 12:18:54 pm
      Dusan Vlahovic links are interesting

Quick Reply