Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179444 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44620: May 07, 2021 11:29:42 am
      I would take Sheik owners in a flash. Wouldn't need to ask me twice.  :lmao:

They really don’t like to hoard money, they spend & spend..

Look at the Middle East & how they compete to build the tallest skyscrapers... just imagine they transfer that mindset to buying the best players for their teams..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44621: May 07, 2021 11:37:02 am
      Without champions league I dont think we get Sancho. Even with champions league I dont see us getting Haaland or Mpabbe.

Konate looks done
      Kabak I expect to become permanent.
      A replacement for Gini is a must
      A goalscoer required also

If we lose Mo thats another forward, of genuine class required

Id be warming to Suarez coming back as 1 of the 2 forwards answers on a postcard for the other.

Ive given up on Gravenberch so Im back to square one forva midfielder who fits Klopps plan but can actually create things and take a shot in a game
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44622: May 07, 2021 11:41:06 am
      They really don’t like to hoard money, they spend & spend..

Look at the Middle East & how they compete to build the tallest skyscrapers... just imagine they transfer that mindset to buying the best players for their teams..

With my eldest son now living in Abu Dhabi he tells me about the rivalry between certain Sheiks  :lmao: They go all out to beat each other so can you imagine the money they will spent to try and have one another over.  ;D As a fan I'd love that, if you can't beat the chavs & city's in the transfer market its time to join them if at all possible.  ;D

The days for me going through the grassroots side have gone, I'm 60 now so happy to enjoy success no matter how plastic I'm called.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44623: May 07, 2021 03:00:51 pm
      Can anyone afford £150 million this year on one player? Can't even see Chavs or City paying that.

Hence why they've lashed that price tag on him. They don't want to sell, but they know what a pr**k Haaland's agent is.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44624: May 07, 2021 03:14:14 pm
      With my eldest son now living in Abu Dhabi he tells me about the rivalry between certain Sheiks  :lmao: They go all out to beat each other so can you imagine the money they will spent to try and have one another over.  ;D As a fan I'd love that, if you can't beat the chavs & city's in the transfer market its time to join them if at all possible.  ;D

The days for me going through the grassroots side have gone, I'm 60 now so happy to enjoy success no matter how plastic I'm called.  :lmao:

Your lot might end up in Qatari hands... if they can offload PSG..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44625: May 07, 2021 03:35:33 pm
      Your lot might end up in Qatari hands... if they can offload PSG..

I'll take it if it gives us a big transfer budget  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44626: May 07, 2021 04:00:04 pm

The would turn Old Trafford into Harrod’s ..fffs...😂
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44627: May 07, 2021 04:28:21 pm

That's cool, but then don't cry about the Glazers being "greedy" for wanting to join the ESL.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44628: May 07, 2021 08:48:05 pm

Was there or is there any thought of the fans buying the club back by crowdfunding? I know this sounds silly, but there are millions of United fans and those in Manchester could really harm "the product" by civil disobedience. It would get ugly, but it could be some initial start to get rid of all these capitalistic owners.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44629: May 07, 2021 08:51:18 pm
      Was there or is there any thought of the fans buying the club back by crowdfunding? I know this sounds silly, but there are millions of United fans and those in Manchester could really harm "the product" by civil disobedience. It would get ugly, but it could be some initial start to get rid of all these capitalistic owners.

In today's corporate world? Don't think it's achievable. I did read it somewhere though.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #44630: May 08, 2021 12:57:55 am
      They almost might be better waiting for a season on Haaland - if they can - in order to see if Really Broke Madrid can find some more money from down the back of the sofa. Get an auction going in summer '22. Otherwise they risk losing their biggest asset into a severely depressed market.

They might prefer to let Sancho go instead? Prob let him go for 60?

From what I remember, Haaland has a release clause that will come into effect in 2022. Clubs will be able to get him for a cut price, so Dortmund will probably be hoping to sell him at a premium price this summer.

Don't see them selling both Haaland and Sancho, but you never know...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44631: May 10, 2021 12:09:25 am
      Anyone else tiring of reading about United in this thread?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44632: May 10, 2021 12:13:35 am
      Anyone else tiring of reading about United in this thread?

I'm tired of reading about United in any thread. They have their own dedicated thread.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44633: May 10, 2021 04:44:56 am
      If you read this and don't watch a ton of football outside of our games, than you won't agree with this. If you watch WB play than you know Sam Johnstone isn't the issue. With Adrian running out of contract, signing Johnstone would be good business. Capable backup that saves you money to spend in areas of real need.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44634: May 10, 2021 02:09:56 pm
      If you read this and don't watch a ton of football outside of our games, than you won't agree with this. If you watch WB play than you know Sam Johnstone isn't the issue. With Adrian running out of contract, signing Johnstone would be good business. Capable backup that saves you money to spend in areas of real need.

We've already got Caveman Kelleher

We don't need to spend anything on a reserve keeper

We've got hundreds of them

Irish ones, Czech ones, Polish ones, you name a country, we've got a keeper from there
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #44635: May 11, 2021 07:32:09 am

Irish ones, Czech ones, Polish ones, you name a country, we've got a keeper from there

I'd rather have Kelleher than Adrian for sure.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44636: May 11, 2021 09:50:12 am

Kelleher's at an age where he needs (and probably wants) to get a season of regular football under his belt to see what level he really is at.

Might be a decent idea to loan him out and bring an older number 2 in.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44637: May 11, 2021 01:53:21 pm
      How about Rui Patricio for back up? 33 and will be entering his last year of his contract after this season, so Wolves could sell him for next to nothing just to get anything for him.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #44638: May 11, 2021 02:43:21 pm
      How about Rui Patricio for back up? 33 and will be entering his last year of his contract after this season, so Wolves could sell him for next to nothing just to get anything for him.

Very good keeper, but I can't see it happening. He just turned 33, which is not that old for a GK, is Portugal's first choice, and plays for a good side with a large Portuguese contingent.

Unless Kelleher requests a transfer/loan, he earned that spot for me. He delivered every time he was called upon this season.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44639: May 11, 2021 02:57:11 pm
      Kelleher's at an age where he needs (and probably wants) to get a season of regular football under his belt to see what level he really is at.

Kelleher should definitely go on loan. He needs consistent playing time at a higher level to further improve his skills. Playing U23s and the random Cup game is not going to be enough to challenge and improve him.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44640: May 11, 2021 06:08:10 pm

Yep, that's a totally fair comment

Always liked the look of Grabara but as a shotstopper, not really paid attention to how he good he is with the distribution, although really I just want our keeper to keep the ball out the net, I'm not too fussed with this passing it around with the defenders stuff, Ali got his teammates into trouble a few times against Southampton; it drives fans nuts. Arsenal fans hate it as they've had it with Emery and now Arteta. Must have cost them a couple of dozen goals in recent years.

We might be forced into replacing Adrian with a similar age keeper if Kelleher isn't signing a new contract. According to the club he's injured but he's only got a year left and I suspect he wants to go play first team footie somewhere so he can make the Ireland keeper's jersey his. I reckon the club might have sidelined him as they know he's not staying. Same for Ben Davies. Possibly Divock. Possibly Kostas too. And even Keita. Shaq. Oh and Kabak, who they'll want to send back to Schalke without him getting struck by the LFC centre back curse.

Rui Patricio is a boss keeper, really like him, but as someone already said just now, why would he come to sit on the bench at his age when he's first choice for his national team and club.

If we're playing in the Eurotrash next season we could actually offer Caoimhín plenty of games if he stays. No way we should be risking Ali in that comp. Plus there's the 2 domestic cups. Loads of games going there for a #2 keeper who is up to the job. Maybe get Loris back for his last season  :lmao:

Gets on my nerves the amount of players leaving who people insist should have a buy-back clause, but Caoimh is so similar to Ali in style that on this occasion (if he did decide to go) it would actually make sense if he's prepared to accept one in his sale contract (I doubt it).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44641: May 13, 2021 04:56:48 am
      Stolen from FB

Jürgen Klopp has highlighted 2 potential replacements if Mo Salah leaves .

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44642: May 13, 2021 03:34:15 pm
      Klopp's interview yesterday made me feel slightly sick

Talking about having to sell to buy (seemed to be intimating a big player too, not just flogging Ben Davies)

Talking about being unable to make early moves in the market because we've got to sell to buy

Pisses me right off

Quick Reply