Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199390 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44643: May 14, 2021 08:48:59 am
      If that is the case then sell mane and keep  Salah
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44644: May 14, 2021 12:18:43 pm
      Sell Origi, Keita, Ox, Wilson, Shaqiri, Tsimikas at the very least should fetch us £100 million.

We only really need 3 or 4 good players for next season once all our injured players are back.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #44645: May 14, 2021 12:39:40 pm
      Sell Origi, Keita, Ox, Wilson, Shaqiri, Tsimikas at the very least should fetch us £100 million.

We only really need 3 or 4 good players for next season once all our injured players are back.

Bit ambitious I think. £80m at the most I'd say.

Worth noting we tried to flog Origi, Wilson and Shaqiri last summer and had no luck so Edwards will have to be a bit more realistic this summer in terms of asking price.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44646: May 14, 2021 01:37:10 pm

Kostas has to stay unless you have LB cover in your "3 or 4 good players" list. Grujic is also another possible sale if Klopp does not want him on the squad next year. Would add Minamino to the "possible sale" list as well.

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44647: May 14, 2021 02:12:32 pm
      Grujic is also another possible sale if Klopp does not want him on the squad next year. Would add Minamino to the "possible sale" list as well.

I forgot those two. Grujic will never play for us. We should really let the 'kid' go. It's not fair on him touting him round Europe every summer at his age. Yeah maybe send a 21-year old on loan to see if he develops, but Marko's 25 now, it's time for Edwards to sh*t or get off the pot. If we can get £7m or so we should set him free.

I was really looking forward to Taki playing for us, I've got a soft spot for Japan and the people, but it's never going to happen, he looks totally lost in English footie, he's in the game for 15 mins and then he just disappears for the rest of it, and it's not for a lack of effort, he just runs around like a blue-arsed fly but with no effect, the game goes on around him, a classic sign you're out of your depth at that level. We need to be finding him a new club. Shame but we need to be cruel to be kind. Another £7m or so.

Also forgot Awoniyi. Another lad that has spent almost the first half of his career getting touted round Europe every summer. Not gonna get a UK work permit so we should just take the £4m Transfermarkt reckons he's worth if we can get it. Done well at Union apparently so maybe there might be some interest in him.

So there's maybe £15-20m there but only if Edwards can get someone to cough up for it and we can persuade the lads their days at LFC are over. I reckon all the players would agree to moves, so it's all about Edwards not setting unrealistic prices, which IMO he does. There's also the possibility Taki would be ineligible to play until January but I can't remember how that rule works about not playing for more than 2 clubs in a year - when does the year start/finish? If Southampton wanted him then that rule wouldn't matter of course.

I don't see us getting more than £50m in, and even that depends on persuading 7 or 8 players to leave. But £50m is better than a kick in the arse, so I've heard down the fetish club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44648: May 14, 2021 07:12:54 pm

100 million  :o How do you price them up individually Baz?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #44649: May 14, 2021 08:15:41 pm

3 or 4????

Good lord. That's a third of a starting lineup.

I think when we get our starters back we should be mostly good, IF we sell those above (no way we sell them all) then we need to replace them with better.

We still have Grujic and Taki coming back from loans as well. I think they may still yet have a part to play. We get our defense back on the field and it will make everything start to look better, add fans in the stadium and we'll be a completely different team. We don't need wholesale changes. Which is good because FSG isn't going to sanction any kind of spending like that.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44650: May 15, 2021 07:44:20 am
      100 million  :o How do you price them up individually Baz?

Well Ox is worth at least a fiver Keith 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44651: May 15, 2021 08:05:53 am

Well Ox is worth at least a fiver Keith 😂

Bit on the steep side that Billy  ;D
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44652: May 16, 2021 03:07:34 pm
      Most likely we will get no buyers for a lot of our players and will either loan them out or keep them in squad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44653: May 16, 2021 06:41:46 pm
      Sign a new keeper and move Ali up front
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #44654: May 16, 2021 10:43:58 pm
      Ideally, we strenghten in every area of the pitch, meaning 3 players coming in. Konate seems to be a done deal, so happy moving forward with what we have got there. I'm hoping we keep either Matip or Kabak as well.

Midfield is starting to become a bit of a worry going forward, taking into account their respective ages and the fact that Wijnaldum is leaving.

Our current crop of midfielders:
      - Jones (20)
      - Keita (26)
      - Fabinho (27)
      - Oxlade-Chamberlain (27)
      - Henderson (30)
      - Thiago (30)
      - Milner (35)

Milner is probably going into his last season, Henderson tends to pick up knocks from time to time and both Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain aren't particularly reliable. Our starting midfield next season will most likely be Fabinho - Thiago - Henderson, but the alternatives are nowhere near their level. We have to strenghten in midfield or we may face similar issues in midfield next season as we did at centerback this season. I can't see us selling either Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain considering the wages they are on and the fact many clubs won't have a lot of money to spend.

The name has already been mentioned, but Tielemans would be my #1 choice by a country mile. I've been watching him since he made his debut at Anderlecht at the age of 16. He is a leader, versatile, great range of passing, intelligent and has a good long range shot. He is also a regular in a very strong Belgium side. Yes he would be expensive, but considering he is a long term investment and probably could be here for the better part of a decade, he is well worth it. I don't really rate Bissouma. He is good and will end up at a top 6 club, but not for me (yet).

One to keep an eye on from the Anderlecht academy: Samby Lokonga. 21 years old and already captain.

In terms of forwards you've got the popular names like Raphinha and Barnes, but there's a couple young players in France and Germany which I really like. Jonathan David (Lille), Marcus Thuram (Gladbach) and Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart). All different profiles, but promising youngsters and I'd be happy with any of them.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021 12:39:14 am by Danzel »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44655: May 16, 2021 11:54:16 pm
      Sign a new keeper and move Ali up front

hahhaha brilliant!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #44656: May 17, 2021 12:31:29 am
      Ideally, we strenghten in every area of the pitch, meaning 3 players coming in. Konate seems to be a done deal, so happy moving forward with what we have got there. I'm hoping we keep either Matip or Kabak as well.

Midfield is starting to become a bit of a worry going forward, taking into account their respective ages and the fact that Wijnaldum is leaving.

- Jones (20)
      - Keita (26)
      - Fabinho (27)
      - Henderson (30)
      - Thiago (30)
      - Milner (35)

Milner is probably going into his last season, Henderson tends to pick up knocks from time to time and both Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain aren't particularly reliable.. Our starting midfield next season will most likely be Fabinho - Thiago - Henderson, but the alternatives are nowhere near their level. We have to strenghten in midfield or we may face similar issues in midfield next season as we did at centerback this season. I can't see us selling either Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain considering the wages they are on and the fact many clubs won't have a lot of money to spend.

The name has already been mentioned, but Tielemans would be my #1 choice by a country mile. I've been watching him since he made his debut at Anderlecht at the age of 16. He is a leader, versatile, great range of passing, intelligent and has a good long range shot. He is also a regular in a very strong Belgium side. Yes he would be expensive, but considering he is a long term investment and probably could be here for the better part of a decade, he is well worth it. I don't really rate Bissouma. He is good and will end up at a top 6 club, but not for me (yet).

One to keep an eye on from the Anderlecht academy: Samby Lonkonga. 21 years old and already captain.

In terms of forwards you've got the popular names like Raphinha and Barnes, but there's a couple young players in France and Germany which I really like. Jonathan David (Lille), Marcus Thuram (Gladbach) and Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart). All different profiles, but promising youngsters and I'd be happy with any of them.

You think there's a chance that Jürgen gives Grujic one final chance in pre-season to show him something? I feel like he might have that bite that we could really use. Not sure he's a Fabinho type of destroyer, but he's big and strong and a bit of a pr**k. Can never have enough of those types.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44657: May 17, 2021 09:25:12 am

- Jones (20)
      - Keita (26)
      - Fabinho (27)
      - Henderson (30)
      - Thiago (30)
      - Milner (35)

Milner is probably going into his last season, Henderson tends to pick up knocks from time to time and both Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain aren't particularly reliable. Our starting midfield next season will most likely be Fabinho - Thiago - Henderson, but the alternatives are nowhere near their level. We have to strenghten in midfield or we may face similar issues in midfield next season as we did at centerback this season. I can't see us selling either Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain considering the wages they are on and the fact many clubs won't have a lot of money to spend.

One to keep an eye on from the Anderlecht academy: Samby Lokonga. 21 years old and already captain.

I understand your point but I really don't think that Tielemans is a better player than Ox or Keita. These two are simply very unlucky with injuries in an out-of-form team. They both showed that they are good players. Tielemans has had a very good season, but I don't see Klopp spending a lot in midfield except for a good attacking midfielder.

Klopp has not given them enough chances for me to write them off. He has been very unfair to them given the level at which Thiago or Wijnaldum have performed this season. Surely, they could hardly do worse.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44658: May 17, 2021 05:05:15 pm
      Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart).

Never seen the lad but I'm in, if only for the song potential to the Bhundu Boys "Wafungeyiko", though not sure even the Kop could pull off those harmonies

Stuttgart's Klopp's boyhood team as well.

Midfield is defo the area where we need to strengthen, assuming Konaté is a done deal (I hope so), although our forward line is going to need refreshing age-wise even if the quality is there if everyone regains their form.

I think we've missed the boat on Tielemans. Doubt Leicester sell to us or we've got the money; not this summer anyway.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #44659: May 17, 2021 05:17:57 pm
      I understand your point but I really don't think that Tielemans is a better player than Ox or Keita. These two are simply very unlucky with injuries in an out-of-form team. They both showed that they are good players. Tielemans has had a very good season, but I don't see Klopp spending a lot in midfield except for a good attacking midfielder.

Klopp has not given them enough chances for me to write them off. He has been very unfair to them given the level at which Thiago or Wijnaldum have performed this season. Surely, they could hardly do worse.

Is Tielemans a better player than a fit Ox, or a fit Keita? As of right now, maybe not (and that's debatable). But he will only get better. As much as I like them, Ox and Keita are simply never fit, and things will only get worse as injuries start to take their toll on their bodies.

Tielemans also hasn't had just the one good season. Yes, it was 'only' the Belgian league, but don't forget he's played regular first team football since he was 16. He's got more experience than his age might suggest.

By the way, another name I've seen mentioned in the Echo rumour mill (and one we've been linked to in the past) is Florian Neuhaus, which has a release clause of 40m. I must admit I've never seen him play, but he seems to be highly rated in Germany. Worth a punt?

If we go the younger route, Camavinga would be an interesting option but he seems to be destined for Real Madrid.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #44660: May 17, 2021 10:16:40 pm
      Looks like Kane is now available. Will need to sell about 3 players including Firmino to afford him. Would you take him?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #44661: May 17, 2021 10:19:18 pm
      Looks like Kane is now available. Will need to sell about 3 players including Firmino to afford him. Would you take him?

He's fantastic and I think he's been a brilliant striker for them and England but I don't think I would. I think the financial demands would be too much and I worry he'd hit a patch of dodgy form because when he doesn't score he can't do much else on the field. At least with Bobby you get work rate and pressing in times of drought.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #44662: May 17, 2021 10:30:31 pm
      He's fantastic and I think he's been a brilliant striker for them and England but I don't think I would. I think the financial demands would be too much and I worry he'd hit a patch of dodgy form because when he doesn't score he can't do much else on the field. At least with Bobby you get work rate and pressing in times of drought.

Not sure i agree that he cannot do much besides goals. He gets a great amount of assists and he's actually a very good passer. Definitely a team player.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44663: May 17, 2021 10:35:55 pm
      The guy is lethal creating as well as scoring, I thought the same as you but now I’ve actually watched him, it’s actually scary how good he is at creating and passing for a big forward like him... still, he has the odd month off here and there throughout the season and getting on so I wouldn’t go for him at the price they’ll demand plus his age, not that we were in with a shout. I think it’s between the two Manchester clubs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #44664: May 17, 2021 10:58:09 pm
      Kane's been the best player in the league for me this season so it would be hard to say no but we won't be in the conversation anyway.

One of the Manchester clubs I'd imagine.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #44665: May 18, 2021 12:30:44 am
      Never going to happen. He’s off to Manchester - the only clubs he’d want to go to that could afford him. Barce/Real are broke and PSG are no great shakes playing in an inferior league.

I don’t mind that as long as we do our business well, but it does raise the bar if you’ve got a Man City + Harry Kane. Puts the recruitment team and manager under a lot more pressure to get it absolutely spot on, with very little room for error.

Quick Reply