Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207470 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44666: May 18, 2021 03:27:18 am
      If Kane goes to City or United it makes the Sancho/Harland/Mbappe sweepstakes a touch more interesting.

I feel like City are going to be the ones that get him.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44667: May 18, 2021 06:46:02 am
      Surely I would want Kane here, but I don't think we'll be out for such a player. We don't seem ti like to enter bid wars for stars. It seems that we're ready to put money in players if their price is not overinflated by demand.

I don't think Klopp and the recruitment team go for these players. I won't mind another Jota-type player. Someone who can score 15+ goals in a season and who can play in the front 3. The guy has been very good and exceeded expectations. It's a shame he has been unlucky with injuries.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44668: May 18, 2021 08:50:53 am
      If City got Kane surely thats Haaland off the table for them? Hints at another yea
      r at Dortmund, after which we might be better placed to move in?

Anyway if we can get a top class defender in, a goalscoring midfielder and perhaps either a wingee or a forward who gets on the end of crosses, that then allows us to change things up a bit in games. After that maybe a squad player or 2 better then whats on the bench now
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44669: May 18, 2021 09:53:21 am
      If we get top 4 and Kane shows any desire in joining us I think it would be a great signing.
      Lewandoski is a similar player and he fits into klopps system....

Can’t see it happening though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #44670: May 18, 2021 10:30:40 am
      If we get top 4 and Kane shows any desire in joining us I think it would be a great signing.

No doubt he’s a quality finisher, injury record not the best either..I think our attention is elsewhere.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #44671: May 18, 2021 10:34:51 am

Kane will go to City or United for over £100 million.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44672: May 18, 2021 11:25:27 am
      Kane will go to City or United for over £100 million.

If city do get Kane I'm backing the cnuts to win the league if it's evens or better.  :f_wah:
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #44673: May 18, 2021 12:29:28 pm
      If city do get Kane I'm backing the cnuts to win the league if it's evens or better.  :f_wah:

If Sancho is available, he would be even better for us than Kane. Can move Salah centrally.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44674: May 18, 2021 12:34:26 pm
      We should be all over it, he'd score gazillions of goals for us, but we'll never have the money so it's a non-starter

Always seems to miss part of the season with this chronic ankle weakness as well so it'd be a huge amount of money on a long-term fitness risk

I can't see Levy letting him go, Kane'll look miserable for a few weeks and then crack on with it next season. Unless Spurs really are in a gigantic financial hole and Levy feels he has to let him go. They did borrow £175m from the Bank of England. I'd guess that's the sort of fee they'd demand for him and rightly so.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44675: May 18, 2021 01:24:48 pm
      No doubt he’s a quality finisher, injury record not the best either..I think our attention is elsewhere.

Agree our attention should be elsewhere. Kane is an obvious talent but those ankles aren’t going to get better with age and bringing him in would have a domino effect up front since we’re not going to have Jota be 5th option. Then, in a couple years, we’d have yet another player for who to find a replacement for.

We have a lot of players in that 28-30 range already and our adds should be in the early 20’s range to be the future.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44676: May 18, 2021 01:27:29 pm
      If Sancho is available, he would be even better for us than Kane. Can move Salah centrally.

United will sigh Sancho which isnt priority No1
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #44677: May 18, 2021 01:37:26 pm
      United will sigh Sancho which isnt priority No1

You got more chance of resigning farmer boy Cavani.. oh wait.. your even offering Mata a new deal..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44678: May 18, 2021 03:09:11 pm
      You got more chance of resigning farmer boy Cavani.. oh wait.. your even offering Mata a new deal..

Mata  been good servant but the time is right to let him go.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #44679: May 18, 2021 11:31:23 pm
      F**k what United are doing.

Kane would be immense and suit our system perfectly. We need a number 9 with a presence, he drops off to set up the overlap, and is a top finisher. If this season has show us anything it’s that we need and alternative to Bobby, and some physicality in the opposition box wouldn’t go a miss. It wasn’t a fluke our 6ft+ keeper bagged the winner at the weekend. We’ve missed Virgil at set pieces, just as much as to supporting the high line.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #44680: May 19, 2021 04:22:58 am
      If we want to be unstoppable we should all be over these opportunities to be honest. Kane this year or Haaland next summer, it is guaranteed league titles. Sancho or Son are exciting too but we already have those type of players.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #44681: May 19, 2021 06:35:40 am
      F**k what United are doing.

Kane would be immense and suit our system perfectly. We need a number 9 with a presence, he drops off to set up the overlap, and is a top finisher. If this season has show us anything it’s that we need and alternative to Bobby, and some physicality in the opposition box wouldn’t go a miss. It wasn’t a fluke our 6ft+ keeper bagged the winner at the weekend. We’ve missed Virgil at set pieces, just as much as to supporting the high line.

I don't think we have that kind of money , especially after the pandemic . I think we will sign Konate, and try to make as much as from the sales. Then buy a back up striker.
      And Curtis takes Gini's place.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #44682: May 19, 2021 01:38:22 pm
      Klopp when asked about it basically said we have no summer plan until we see who leaves or who we sell. That could be him keeping things close to the vest but it actually is probably pretty true. We are mostly a sell to buy club so I doubt we get anyone in unless we offload first.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44683: May 19, 2021 01:40:38 pm
      Klopp when asked about it basically said we have no summer plan until we see who leaves or who we sell. That could be him keeping things close to the vest but it actually is probably pretty true. We are mostly a sell to buy club so I doubt we get anyone in unless we offload first.

Show me a time Klopp has ever been up front about who is coming / going and what his plans are for summer transfers?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #44684: May 19, 2021 02:26:13 pm
      Show me a time Klopp has ever been up front about who is coming / going and what his plans are for summer transfers?

No.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44685: May 19, 2021 02:29:42 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #44686: May 19, 2021 03:51:41 pm

I know so.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #44687: May 19, 2021 03:55:18 pm

We're definitely offloading a few this Summer mate problem is we'll make a loss on most if not all. Will be lucky to get half what we paid for Keita and Ox, and Gini will be off on a free.

Won't be much change left for new players I'd say 2 or 3 at the most. We need more players than that especially if we manage to get CL footy next season.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44688: May 19, 2021 04:30:59 pm
      We're definitely offloading a few this Summer mate problem is we'll make a loss on most if not all. Will be lucky to get half what we paid for Keita and Ox, and Gini will be off on a free.

Won't be much change left for new players I'd say 2 or 3 at the most. We need more players than that especially if we manage to get CL footy next season.

Gini on a free is pretty much a given but i don't see us having a lot of turnover this summer. Would expect some movement in CB, especially if Konate arrives, and maybe move Origi and get another young player for upfront, but not wholesale changes.

I would not be surprised if Keita and Ox stay as the market will be tough this summer with everyone taking a big financial hit from covid so the team may decide to give them one more chance. It's not like they're getting up there in age either, with Keita being only 26 and Ox 27.

With Gini's departure i think Jones is well deserving of taking a bigger role in the team so we would not necessarily have to add any midfielders. Grujic is a wildcard in whether he will be with us next season or be shipped out but if Klopp keeps him there is even less of a need to add anyone in the middle.

I do expect some peripheral players like Wilson, Minamino, Ojo and Awoniyi to be sold, but not much from the main squad. Not sure where Milner stands and maybe Shaq could leave, particularly if we bring in another young player for up front and/or Harvey is given a spot in the squad.

Quick Reply