Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196748 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44689: May 19, 2021 04:41:37 pm
      I know we joke about it, but Virgil and Gomez will seriously be like "new signings".

Keita will stay, Ox may stay, I feel like it will be up to him. Origi and Shaq are gone. Is Milner still under contract for one more year? If so I don't see him leaving. He'll see out his contract then leave. Gini has been gone for months now.

Feel like Kabak won't be bought, Matip will be here but won't be counted on so if we get Konate that will likely be our CB's sorted (Phillips will stay unless he wants first team football).

So by my accounts that's Origi and Shaq gone, Gini gone and likely Kabak gone.

So we need a minimum of three additions to keep the squad where it was. I'd say Harvey Elliott may be a big part of our plans, Minamino will be back and likely will still be part of Klopp's plans after a full preseason. I'd bet we may sign this Konate fella and a midfielder and then from there it will depend on what happens with the front three. As long as they are happy and want to stay, I don't see us bringing in a striker. We will be linked with a sh*t ton of players, but at the end of the day, I see maybe 2 or 3 incomings and they will be reasonably priced. Now if I was in charge....I'd be all over one of Haaland or Mbappe but that's just not going to happen with FSG at the helm. And maybe it would never happen with Klopp at the helm either.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44690: May 19, 2021 10:42:32 pm
      if we get all the lads back fit including HArvey we will have some squad so how many do we need and now Nat and Rhys have earned a place in this squad in the last 6 weeks. unless the players coming in are really world class whats the point
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44691: May 19, 2021 10:50:43 pm
      I know we joke about it, but Virgil and Gomez will seriously be like "new signings".

Keita will stay, Ox may stay, I feel like it will be up to him. Origi and Shaq are gone. Is Milner still under contract for one more year? If so I don't see him leaving. He'll see out his contract then leave. Gini has been gone for months now.

Feel like Kabak won't be bought, Matip will be here but won't be counted on so if we get Konate that will likely be our CB's sorted (Phillips will stay unless he wants first team football).

So by my accounts that's Origi and Shaq gone, Gini gone and likely Kabak gone.

So we need a minimum of three additions to keep the squad where it was. I'd say Harvey Elliott may be a big part of our plans, Minamino will be back and likely will still be part of Klopp's plans after a full preseason. I'd bet we may sign this Konate fella and a midfielder and then from there it will depend on what happens with the front three. As long as they are happy and want to stay, I don't see us bringing in a striker. We will be linked with a sh*t ton of players, but at the end of the day, I see maybe 2 or 3 incomings and they will be reasonably priced. Now if I was in charge....I'd be all over one of Haaland or Mbappe but that's just not going to happen with FSG at the helm. And maybe it would never happen with Klopp at the helm either.

Minamino can't get in the Southampton team, I don't believe he has a future at Liverpool. We need an alternative to Salah, mostly because of AFCON and Harvey is not it. This is just as important as getting the right centre back because January and February next season are going to be crucial.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,505 posts | 709 
      Reply #44692: May 20, 2021 01:06:06 am
      If Kane is leaving Spurs, we have no choice but to make a bid for Son ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #44693: May 20, 2021 02:44:46 am
      If Kane is leaving Spurs, we have no choice but to make a bid for Son ;D

Son would be immense in our setup. And actually, call me crazy but if you gave me the choice between Son and Kane, I’m taking Son.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44694: May 20, 2021 09:23:29 am
      Danny ings anyone?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #44695: May 20, 2021 11:57:10 am

Yes, for free.
      ruthcity

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #44696: May 20, 2021 11:58:47 am
      Son would be immense in our setup. And actually, call me crazy but if you gave me the choice between Son and Kane, I’m taking Son.

Son fits into our system. He seems to be running a lot and has robust movement. Will have no problem latching on to passes and running in between spaces.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      Reply #44697: May 20, 2021 12:46:18 pm

Hes out of contract next summer  so a cheap deal would be possible.

He gets goals, knows our game and wont throw the toys out of the pram if 4th or 5th choice.

A " box " striker is a must for me. If we get that plus Konate, that not only covers off centre half but right full to I think that would only leave a goalscoring midfielder Mount type. Anything from there then to improve the squad is a bonus
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44698: May 20, 2021 01:07:46 pm

He gets goals, knows our game and wont throw the toys out of the pram if 4th or 5th choice.

A " box " striker is a must for me. If we get that plus Konate, that not only covers off centre half but right full to I think that would only leave a goalscoring midfielder Mount type. Anything from there then to improve the squad is a bonus

How do you know he won’t throw the toys out of the pram?

Isn’t that why he left? Cause he wanted to play
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44699: May 20, 2021 01:43:38 pm

Ings has played well enough at Southampton where he should be aiming to be more than 5th choice on any team. I get the allure of winning trophies but also important to him should be to get consistent playing time, something he hasn't gotten a lot of throughout his career and which he simply would not get here. He would basically replace Origi's spot as he should not be playing ahead of any of Salah, Mane, Firmino or Jota and that means his minutes would be greatly limited.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44700: May 20, 2021 01:53:21 pm
      Son fits into our system. He seems to be running a lot and has robust movement. Will have no problem latching on to passes and running in between spaces.

I'd really like him here definitely and if Tottenham is really a sinking ship, I suspect he would be very tempted by an offer from us. Imagine him in the front 3 or as a no.10. It would add so many possibilities to the team.

I really think that our team is not that far from being good enough for a PL or CL. I really do think that with our current squad and with every player fit, we're a better team than ManU or Chelsea. We have been very unlucky and tired this season, but I think this team is really hard to improve/ What we really need is a better bench. ManCity has Ake, Laporte to cover for Dias and Stones; they have Mahrez, Foden, Sterling, Torres, Silva who can ensure proper cover when one of the attackers needs rest. They lose Aguero so often, but it doesn't matter. If we lose Salah or have Mane and Firmino out of form, we only have Origi, Shaqiri or Minamino. We need a better bench.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      Reply #44701: May 20, 2021 03:25:19 pm
      How do you know he won’t throw the toys out of the pram?

Isn’t that why he left? Cause he wanted to play

He left for games after a serious injury held him back. I think f he came back hed pudh for a place, which is what we want, but hes not the type to huff if hes not picked.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44702: May 20, 2021 03:34:55 pm
      He left for games after a serious injury held him back. I think f he came back hed pudh for a place, which is what we want, but hes not the type to huff if hes not picked.

I think hes at an age where he wants to be first choice to be honest
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44703: May 20, 2021 03:42:21 pm

Agree, or at least first off the bench on a bigger team. He's at an age where he needs to play consistently to secure what will probably be his last large contract.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #44704: May 20, 2021 03:53:54 pm
      Kane would be too costly imo. we are going through pandemic and i wont blame the owners if they dont spend 100m on one signing.
      There are alot of players out there who can improve our first team.

How about Depay, can we make him Mo nr 2? He is showing again why the scum spent so much on him. JK could get the best out of him.

Saw couple of Betis games, and Nabil Fekir is still hell of a player. Would love to see him play for us. Think he would improve his stats alot with us.

Barca need money and they are desperate to add to their squad without having funds. this could be our chance to rob them of their biggest young talents atm. Pedri or Fati. Dont see it happening but with their debts, they could let one go.

anybody doing well in championship, a young talent who can get into our team?
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2021 03:59:03 pm by Billo »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44705: May 20, 2021 04:42:18 pm
      Kane would be too costly imo. we are going through pandemic and i wont blame the owners if they dont spend 100m on one signing.
      There are alot of players out there who can improve our first team.

How about Depay, can we make him Mo nr 2? He is showing again why the scum spent so much on him. JK could get the best out of him.

Saw couple of Betis games, and Nabil Fekir is still hell of a player. Would love to see him play for us. Think he would improve his stats alot with us.

Barca need money and they are desperate to add to their squad without having funds. this could be our chance to rob them of their biggest young talents atm. Pedri or Fati. Dont see it happening but with their debts, they could let one go.

anybody doing well in championship, a young talent who can get into our team?

Reportedly Barcelona had to take out a loan to pay outstanding wages of >100M and will have a 500M credit line to draw from.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona-espbarcelona/story/4388780/barcelona-to-pay-off-100m-in-wages-with-bank-loan-sources

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      Reply #44706: May 20, 2021 05:36:03 pm

Yeah probably, but would the lure of fighting for trophies trump that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #44707: May 20, 2021 05:38:16 pm

My brother keeps making that shout!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44708: May 20, 2021 08:33:41 pm
      Tammy Abraham anyone? Not fancied at Chelsea and I think klopp could really unlock his potential.
      Pereira from wba as well.
      Maxim from Newcastle.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #44709: May 20, 2021 09:01:59 pm

Nah, good player Ingsy but I'm not gambling on another dodgy knee.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #44710: May 20, 2021 09:08:01 pm
      Tammy Abraham anyone? Not fancied at Chelsea and I think klopp could really unlock his potential.
      Pereira from wba as well.
      Maxim from Newcastle.

Don't think Abraham would suit our style. Pereira looks a good player would be a big upgrade on Origi as a backup striker.
      St Maxim is talented but like Traore he lacks end product which is something we badly need right now.

Would much prefer Neto and Raphinha.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #44711: May 20, 2021 09:27:49 pm
      I personally still like Traore a great deal. Play him on the left and watch Klopp tap into all that potential. It. It Might not be a popular choice but if there is a strong market for Mane I would consider moving him on this summer.

Quick Reply