Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180303 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44712: May 20, 2021 09:27:52 pm
      Don't think Abraham would suit our style. Pereira looks a good player would be a big upgrade on Origi as a backup striker.
      St Maxim is talented but like Traore he lacks end product which is something we badly need right now.

Would much prefer Neto and Raphinha.

Aye: they would both be good. Where do we stand with our British quota at the minute? Isn’t it changing soon or am i remembering something from decades ago.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44713: May 20, 2021 09:49:34 pm
      Can’t understand all the w*nk festing over Harry Kane, as good as a striker he undoubtedly is just let the likes of Citeh & MUtants fight amongst themselves, £100m + for a player with glass ankles, no f***in thank you, we haven’t got the spondoolies anyway, However, isn’t there just a modicum of a chance we could do a deal with Dortmund aka Naby/Leipzig and buy Haaland on HP, ?

After all we kind of have a special relationship with BvB don’t we, anyhoo let’s not get all our thongs in a twist over some pie in the sky, how about we just go all out for Jason Sancho, back that signing up with going after Rafinha at Leeds, and Gravenberch from Ajax, Bissouma from Brighton and we have extra young Harvey Elliot on his Rovers return with probably one or two from the ressies stepping up too, they will help replace some of the deadwood we need to get rid of, Shaqiri, Origi, Grujic, Wilson, Woodburn, possibly Ox, and Gini more than likely,
      With Konate imminent plus that lot coming in would constitute a decent transfer window wouldn’t you say ?

Kane wouldn’t fit our system anyways unless Jürgen is planning a complete change of direction, not gonna happen,  I’m sure Jürgen has had a conflab or two with Edwards on what is needed and what is viable so I guess we all just need to bide our time and see what happens.

Another player that has caught my eye is Tielemans at Leicester, I would love to see him holding up a Scarf in front of the Kop in July, more pie in the sky ? Maybe, but still not out of the question either !

Y  N  W  A
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #44714: May 20, 2021 10:39:55 pm
      I personally prefer Haaland over Kane also. He is younger, less injury prone, and would cost less I assume. but either one would be massive. Let's not kid ourselves here. Kane would score 25+ league goals a season here. it's just a given, and that would win you the league every other year. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #44715: May 20, 2021 10:51:23 pm
      Best case I think we’ll see another Jota type signing in attack. A signing a bit out of the blue, who is very well researched, the right age and suits our style of play. To be paid for in plenty of instalments and with bonus clauses included of course.

Just can’t see how we could afford any of big names being mentioned. Even in the best of times they would be a stretch. It’s not just the fee but the wages - we won’t pay them, simple as.

Also believe the rumours we’ll sell any of Salah, Mané or Firmino this summer are quite wide of the mark. Don’t see it happening and I’m surprised at how many fans buy into that kind of stuff tbh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #44716: May 20, 2021 11:55:23 pm
      Aye: they would both be good. Where do we stand with our British quota at the minute? Isn’t it changing soon or am i remembering something from decades ago.

Home grown quota is still minimum of 8 in the 25 man squad so we're good there. We'll probably hold on to Phillips now plus we have Elliot to come back from loan. Jones is fairly established now too. Our outgoings will likely all be non home grown... Gini, Origi, Shaqiri, Adrian, and Keita possibly. If Milly and Ox were both to leave in the Summer we'd have to look at bringing in a home grown player if there aren't any good enough to promote from the academy.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2021 12:06:30 am by bazspeedman »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #44717: May 21, 2021 10:17:58 am
      Our outgoings will likely all be non home grown... Gini, Origi, Shaqiri, Adrian, and Keita possibly. If Milly and Ox were both to leave in the Summer we'd have to look at bringing in a home grown player if there aren't any good enough to promote from the academy.

This is just the post I need. Can someone estimate or make reasonable assumptions on how much these player sales will likely raise? This shall be the first insight to how much and how well we can afford in terms of new player recruitment.

And if the incoming is true, that’s £30.5m already committed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44718: May 21, 2021 10:56:34 am
      Are these quotes from Mbappe about playing for Klopp recent? I see them popping up all the sudden…..
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44719: May 21, 2021 02:35:47 pm

Love him back, goal machine, he'd score a hatful, if he's fit he walks into the side ahead of Bobby for me (no?), but that ship has sailed and it'd be mental re-signing someone with more serious knee injuries than he's got knees

There are always players out there who were brilliant 5 years ago but have had serious injuries but were so good that people want to take the risk.

Aaron Ramsey was probably player of Euro 2016 for me (UEFA technical observers went for Griezmann but Ramsey made the team of the tournament), absolute world class at the time, and some rumour website doing Juve's dirty work for them are shopping him around for £10m. 5 years ago it'd have been an absolutely fantastic transfer. Now it's just a financial risk on a player that seems to break down constantly and we've got enough of those in midfield already. From the little I've seen of him this season he seems to be struggling a wee bit with the physicality of Serie A - struggling to impose himself on his opponent - so that's not a good sign for a return to English football.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44720: May 21, 2021 02:38:32 pm
      Can’t understand all the w*nk festing over Harry Kane, as good as a striker he undoubtedly is just let the likes of Citeh & MUtants fight amongst themselves, £100m + for a player with glass ankles, no f***in thank you, we haven’t got the spondoolies anyway, However, isn’t there just a modicum of a chance we could do a deal with Dortmund aka Naby/Leipzig and buy Haaland on HP, ?

After all we kind of have a special relationship with BvB don’t we, anyhoo let’s not get all our thongs in a twist over some pie in the sky, how about we just go all out for Jason Sancho, back that signing up with going after Rafinha at Leeds, and Gravenberch from Ajax, Bissouma from Brighton and we have extra young Harvey Elliot on his Rovers return with probably one or two from the ressies stepping up too, they will help replace some of the deadwood we need to get rid of, Shaqiri, Origi, Grujic, Wilson, Woodburn, possibly Ox, and Gini more than likely,
      With Konate imminent plus that lot coming in would constitute a decent transfer window wouldn’t you say ?

Kane wouldn’t fit our system anyways unless Jürgen is planning a complete change of direction, not gonna happen,  I’m sure Jürgen has had a conflab or two with Edwards on what is needed and what is viable so I guess we all just need to bide our time and see what happens.

Y  N  W  A

With the much publicised drop in revenue FSG who spend F**k all anyway, do not have to make excuses.
      Regardless of the fact that a lack of in place back up for a vital area of play has cost us dearly this term!

Cannot imagine the best manager in the world extending a contract to work under the head workers/market players that NESV are proven to be.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #44721: May 21, 2021 02:44:41 pm
      With the much publicised drop in revenue FSG who spend F**k all anyway, do not have to make excuses.
      Regardless of the fact that a lack of in place back up for a vital area of play has cost us dearly this term!

Cannot imagine the best manager in the world extending a contract to work under the head workers/market players that NESV are proven to be.

He's already signed a contract extension once so there goes that one.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44722: May 21, 2021 02:57:34 pm

He originally came on a 3-year deal and now is contracted through 2024, a total of 9 years. Thinking he may have had 2 extensions?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44723: May 21, 2021 03:03:01 pm

I meant this will be his last extension.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #44724: May 21, 2021 03:03:11 pm
      He originally came on a 3-year deal and now is contracted through 2024, a total of 9 years. Thinking he may have had 2 extensions?

Could have mate. Rubbishes Stuey's comment even more if so.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44725: May 21, 2021 03:04:55 pm
      Could have mate. Rubbishes Stuey's comment even more if so.

You FSG fans are absolutely unbelievable..
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #44726: May 21, 2021 03:05:37 pm

And if it is it'll be absolutely nothing to do with the owners.

He's already signed at least one extension therefore it shows the way the owners do things doesn't bother him.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #44727: May 21, 2021 03:08:27 pm
      You FSG fans are absolutely unbelievable..

I'm a Liverpool FC fan Stuey, not an FSG fan. Yes they've done things wrong but they've done right as well.

You said Klopp wouldn't sign a contract extension because of the owners. He has done already so that proves you're talking through your hole and he has little issue with how things are done.

Though that's hardly surprising when all you post is anti FSG sh*te.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44728: May 21, 2021 03:12:01 pm

By the time he leaves in 2024 it would be the longest he has stayed at any club in his career. Can't be all that bad for him if that is the case.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44729: May 21, 2021 03:33:02 pm
      I'm a Liverpool FC fan Stuey, not an FSG fan. Yes they've done things wrong but they've done right as well.

You said Klopp wouldn't sign a contract extension because of the owners. He has done already so that proves you're talking through your hole and he has little issue with how things are done.

Though that's hardly surprising when all you post is anti FSG sh*te.

Events proved that my comments and negativity about the owners was not "sh*te".
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44730: May 21, 2021 08:58:04 pm
      With Santo going at Wolves I wonder will that see some players move on?

Any player you would rub your hands at us signing from Wolves?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44731: May 21, 2021 09:00:31 pm
      With Santo going at Wolves I wonder will that see some players move on?

Any player you would rub your hands at us signing from Wolves?
      Coady.

Him and Konate in and I’d say defence is at the highest level it’s been for a long time. Plus he’s hilarious so it’ll boost our social side of things with YouTube etc, he’d be the new main social star of the team, being Scouse too makes that even better.

And Neto of of course, but that’s the obvious one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #44732: May 21, 2021 10:12:38 pm
      Coady.

Him and Konate in and I’d say defence is at the highest level it’s been for a long time. Plus he’s hilarious so it’ll boost our social side of things with YouTube etc, he’d be the new main social star of the team, being Scouse too makes that even better.

And Neto of of course, but that’s the obvious one.

Coady's too slow for me. Good defender in a 3 but looks vulnerable in a 2.

Neto would be the only one I'd go for I think, maybe Traore if the price was right as I still think he's got a high ceiling under the right guidance but that would be it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44733: May 21, 2021 10:18:24 pm
      Coady's too slow for me. Good defender in a 3 but looks vulnerable in a 2.

Neto would be the only one I'd go for I think, maybe Traore if the price was right as I still think he's got a high ceiling under the right guidance but that would be it.
      I agree, but I could see him being the Carragher of the team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44734: May 22, 2021 04:03:34 pm
      Probably BS but saw a report that Dortmund have bid 70mm euro for Sadio.

Quick Reply