Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4202935 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44735: May 22, 2021 04:11:25 pm
      Probably BS but saw a report that Dortmund have bid 70mm euro for Sadio.

Bit short there
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #44736: May 22, 2021 04:55:33 pm

Sancho and a few quid on top and I think I'd take it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44737: May 22, 2021 06:40:37 pm
      Coady.

Him and Konate in and I’d say defence is at the highest level it’s been for a long time. Plus he’s hilarious so it’ll boost our social side of things with YouTube etc, he’d be the new main social star of the team, being Scouse too makes that even better.

And Neto of of course, but that’s the obvious one.

The Coady ship has sailed unfortunately he is his own man now and him coming back would upset the apple cart,  after Hendo I expect Virgil to be next Skipper if not him Robbo, both born leaders and both set example,

Neto would be a good addition no doubt, however the new boss at Wolves will want him more as too would the other top most player's of that club, unless of course they want out,

I'd prefer us to be going in for the Jadon Sancho' s of this world rather than the Aldi version at Molyneaux albeit he'd be much cheaper, and we don't buy players by how many YouTube laughs they get ffs.

YNWA
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #44738: May 22, 2021 07:05:39 pm
      If we had spare money for Haaland next summer when his clause becomes active.

41 games
      41 goals

This season. Ridiculous numbers at his age.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #44739: May 23, 2021 10:13:58 am
      Naby to Atletico picking up pace in the rumour mill

Relationship with Jürgen a factor alledgedly.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44740: May 23, 2021 12:25:34 pm

Why would the La Liga champions spend on Naby with his injury record? He is not an attractive transfer for any top club. I think the only way he leaves is on a loan and even that is unlikely unless we agree to pay most of his wages.

I think it's just one where it hasn't worked out. I don't think it was a mistake because he looked a top player, but there was no anticipating how beset with injuries he would be.

Most likely Jürgen will keep trying to manage him to become an important contributor for us. He has shown some very appealing glimpses for us when fit, but I think he's literally been unavailable more than available during his seasons here.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #44741: May 23, 2021 01:15:32 pm
      Why would the La Liga champions spend on Naby with his injury record? He is not an attractive transfer for any top club. I think the only way he leaves is on a loan and even that is unlikely unless we agree to pay most of his wages.

I think it's just one where it hasn't worked out. I don't think it was a mistake because he looked a top player, but there was no anticipating how beset with injuries he would be.

Most likely Jürgen will keep trying to manage him to become an important contributor for us. He has shown some very appealing glimpses for us when fit, but I think he's literally been unavailable more than available during his seasons here.

Not sure, but thats the link and has been for a few weeks.

Defo a player in him we just have not seen it due to injury after injury

A fit Naby would be ideal today
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44742: May 23, 2021 02:18:46 pm

Talk about a poor fit. Keita’s skills would be wasted in a rich man’s Burnley.

He’s more likely to go back to Germany.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44743: May 23, 2021 02:40:06 pm

I think the only way [Keita] leaves is on a loan

Yep, I can't see anyone being mad enough to buy him, they'll all be wanting a loan deal, justifiably pleading Covid hitting their finances

Original value = £50m
      Halve that to reflect Covid depressing transfer fees = £25m
      Halve that to reflect his appalling injury record = £12.5m

That's what I reckon he's worth (very very back-of-a-fag-packet), if anyone was mad enough to try to buy him, £10-15m.

I'd take £8m just to get him gone and free up his salary for someone else. His current value on the balance sheet is £20m (2 years left of a £50m fee over 5 years). Take off our commitment to him in future wages of £12m (if he really is on £120k a week) leaves a net asset of £8m. Just take £8m transfer fee if we can get it. It kind of leaves us even.

If we can't sell, and I'd be surprised if we can, then I'm hoping FSG will only be too happy to loan him out just to get £6m a year off the wage bill, even though we've moved away from loaning out our duds in recent years. The Covid effect on football seems likely to reinvigorate the loan market, possibly to record levels in the circumstances.

All these supposed minor injuries in tandem with his agent's bleatings suggest that Keita's downed tools in a sort of Coutinho-ish sort of way, not that Phil's the only player that's ever done it but he's the most recent.

I'd be surprised if Naby ever plays for us again. Juergen plays nicey-nicey to the cameras and oh Naby's great we love him etc (he says that about everybody) but I'm sure he sidelines players if he wants to and it looks to me like his relationship with Keita is completely broken.

All this Atletico talk is classic agent stuff early in the market. Pick the team your client wants to play for, send out some online smoke signals, watch as Atletico piss their pants laughing at the idea they're going to follow up winning La Liga by buying some injury crock, and then connect your client with a less ambitious/ridiculous transfer, and down and down you go until you get to somewhere plausible.

Agents do this to us all the time. Start off by saying Liverpool are interested in your player when we're not, and then weeks/months later eventually agree to transfer that player to Norwich or somebody.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44744: May 23, 2021 03:43:32 pm
      I'm a Liverpool FC fan Stuey, not an FSG fan. Yes they've done things wrong but they've done right as well.

You said Klopp wouldn't sign a contract extension because of the owners. He has done already so that proves you're talking through your hole and he has little issue with how things are done.

Though that's hardly surprising when all you post is anti FSG sh*te.

did you not bother to read the news a few weeks ago or watch fans leave the Stadium early in protest at ticket prices?. Lets see what happens in the summer in the Transfer market expect to see quite an exodus and see what happens with that money as we try to keep pace with CITY,Chelsea etc.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #44745: May 24, 2021 02:53:17 pm
      FL, how do you think Weston Mckiennie would fit in here? I know he just went to Juventus, but he will be a EPL at some point. Why not now while he's still cheap
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,247 posts | 6364 
      Reply #44746: May 24, 2021 03:00:31 pm
      FL, how do you think Weston Mckiennie would fit in here? I know he just went to Juventus, but he will be a EPL at some point. Why not now while he's still cheap

Will he be cheap? He's pretty much a guaranteed starter there from what I understand and he has the trust of the boss. I'd be surprised if he moved and if he did want to move, I'd bet Juventus won't let him go for peanuts.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #44747: May 24, 2021 05:12:51 pm
      Will he be cheap? He's pretty much a guaranteed starter there from what I understand and he has the trust of the boss. I'd be surprised if he moved and if he did want to move, I'd bet Juventus won't let him go for peanuts.

When I say cheap i mean cheaper than 2/3 years from now. It looks like they wanna rebuild, gotta imagine he's a guy they wanna build around. Definitely has the makings to be a top MFer
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44748: May 24, 2021 05:45:07 pm
      When I say cheap i mean cheaper than 2/3 years from now. It looks like they wanna rebuild, gotta imagine he's a guy they wanna build around. Definitely has the makings to be a top MFer

Juventus is not as old as i thought. Of the 13 players who made 25+ league appearances this season only Ronaldo, Cuadrado and Bonucci are over 30 with Sandro at 30 and Danilo 29. Maybe McKennie could be had, and i'd be all for it. Big engine and versatile.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #44749: May 24, 2021 07:36:57 pm
      Juventus is not as old as i thought. Of the 13 players who made 25+ league appearances this season only Ronaldo, Cuadrado and Bonucci are over 30 with Sandro at 30 and Danilo 29. Maybe McKennie could be had, and i'd be all for it. Big engine and versatile.

Gonna be a hell of a player in a few years. I'd take him over Pulisc all day
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44750: May 24, 2021 07:39:01 pm
      Gonna be a hell of a player in a few years. I'd take him over Pulisc all day

Since they play different positions, i'll take both  :)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #44751: May 24, 2021 10:37:45 pm

;D. Fair enough
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1478 
      Reply #44752: May 25, 2021 03:40:38 pm

Just pay and buy them all up... Deliberately ignoring where we are going to raise the funds and how we will have the money to pay for these acquisitions. Just tell our old man and he'll pay for what we ask for. Never mind if he became poor or worse off in his situation. We just assume he'd have to pay for what we want. An owner's got to do what he needs to do. Show us the money. ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,463 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44753: May 25, 2021 06:13:14 pm
      Won’t happen, but I reckon Depay would do decent in this side...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #44754: May 25, 2021 06:42:41 pm
      anybody know why we didnt sign Kabak? Any rumors at all? im just curious.
      rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #44755: May 25, 2021 06:49:31 pm

Athletic saying Pace was issue not sure how Philips and Williams will think about that
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44756: May 25, 2021 06:57:50 pm

Didn't? as in the deadline to sign him already expired?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #44757: May 25, 2021 06:59:42 pm
      Didn't? as in the deadline to sign him already expired?

The rumors are saying we wont. I dont honestly know.

Quick Reply