Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212330 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45356: Jul 26, 2021 09:04:50 pm
      Im blown away at some of these post.

Who gives a damn how much money Arsenal have spent. They spent a fortune on Ben F***ing White. I'm glad they're pissing their money away.

If this was August 29th maybe I could get down with some of yall, but it ain't.

I think we will sell one or two more guys and move for either a CM or forward. Here's what else we have to look forward to.....

Harvey Elliot being coached by Klopp. He could really be Courhinho type player in time.

Thiago with time in this system under his belt.

The return of VVD, Matip, and Joey.

Konate

Hopefully a healthy front 3 + Jota. I forsee games where we use all 4 at once.

Fans back in the stands and pushing this group like before.

YNWA

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45357: Jul 26, 2021 09:22:53 pm
      Wouldn't be so sure about Varane. I have a sneaky feeling he's using their interest to get an improved contract.

Apparently  not
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #45358: Jul 26, 2021 11:44:18 pm
      If anyone thinks we can go into a season with after not replacing a player that probably played 50 odd games last season in cm (the 50 is pure guess works maybe more or less) by relying on Keita and ox to potentially replace him their games needs to really think this through

We will be one major injury away in cm to a key player eg fab/hendo/Thiago were we will be close to A crisis

We have sold around 20m worth of players  if not more when factoring in wages etc

If arsenal are out spending us then once again we need a reality a cHeck as do fsg and klopp

This isn’t me saying I want fsg or klopp out, this looks like we are being complacent in a major major way, it almost smells of arrogance

“We have 3 new cbs this season so now we will be fighting for the title”

This is the most competitive league in the world for a reason. Yes we will be better in cb but we will be weaker in cm

Hendo was out majority of last season, what if he has another bad injury season which is possible after last year for sure, if I remember correctly, he was picking up niggles at euros

Unless Jones is ready to play 40-50 games, we are in major trouble if we do not get a cm

Keita has not lasted a season with us, heck he has not even last half a season fully fit as has not ox

That leaves
      Fab, hendo, Thiago and Jones as our main cm options with Keita and ox as back ups ?

Sure it’s 6 for 3 positions but 2 are crocks and 1 has had a horrific season with injuries

I get we may go 4 up top but please please please please please sign a cm ASAP, we have the funds surely with the sales, I’m sure we prob have more money in than out when you count wages we have dropped off

Don’t take this game for no reason, why are we risking it for no reason ? Literally why? Our one weakness is our cm now, why not cover that weakness instead of potentially buying in jan to resolve it

I get it’s efficient financially as we have the numbers but you must look at the attention to detail behind the numbers

We absolutely require a cm to play 40
      Games per season at a good level, one injury is all it will take to mean we have to play Keita and ox a lot more, you know what happens when they play regular? They get injured end it will be a Domino effect

Sorry for the long post but I cannot believe we are so complacent and arrogant to think we can cope without a cm

I’m not actually that bothered about signing a CM, as can see Trent or Bobby filling in there if needed. We need a striker though, would like someone physical personally to change it up a bit if needed.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #45359: Jul 27, 2021 12:08:10 am
      Looks like Shaq will be on his way then. I reckon we'll make 1 more main signing if he's sold but I'm struggling to work out whether it will be a CM or FW.

A lot depends on how the manager intends to use the squad. How much faith does he have in Keita? Does he shift Ox to cover for the front three? How much will Curtis kick on? Does Origi still have a place in the squad and what about his own ambitions at his age and with a world cup round the corner? Are we serious about giving Minamino a chance and does he the minerals to make it? How much are we going to use Elliot? What about worst case scenario planning in both of these areas? Where would we most feel a loss?

Keita is the real spanner in the works for me. Every time I think of the midfield I think if this guy was just fit and  came fairly close to fulfilling his potential we might be alright. I quite rate Curtis, too, but being the engine room I think we might lack a bit of bit and physical presence/durability if we didn't add there.

But I feel equally important is a forward. I don't truthfully look beyond Salah, Mané, Bobby and Jota. The rest is just a young kid and some OK back up but if one of the main guys or one or more are injured/suffer loss of form it is quite thin really.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45360: Jul 27, 2021 01:26:57 am
      Looks like Shaq will be on his way then. I reckon we'll make 1 more main signing if he's sold but I'm struggling to work out whether it will be a CM or FW.

A lot depends on how the manager intends to use the squad. How much faith does he have in Keita? Does he shift Ox to cover for the front three? How much will Curtis kick on? Does Origi still have a place in the squad and what about his own ambitions at his age and with a world cup round the corner? Are we serious about giving Minamino a chance and does he the minerals to make it? How much are we going to use Elliot? What about worst case scenario planning in both of these areas? Where would we most feel a loss?

Keita is the real spanner in the works for me. Every time I think of the midfield I think if this guy was just fit and  came fairly close to fulfilling his potential we might be alright. I quite rate Curtis, too, but being the engine room I think we might lack a bit of bit and physical presence/durability if we didn't add there.

But I feel equally important is a forward. I don't truthfully look beyond Salah, Mané, Bobby and Jota. The rest is just a young kid and some OK back up but if one of the main guys or one or more are injured/suffer loss of form it is quite thin really.

As well as AFCON this year that's two of the three gone as well as Keita, if he even makes it to January fit, so we'll have them missing which is even more worrying.

I'm really surprised at people pinning hopes on Keita staying fit. We get linked with players who have a bad injury record and people are quick to  highlight how many games they've played and how "I wouldn't go near him with that record" etc. That player's probably played more games than Keita over a three year period yet people are still putting their hopes on this guy and will be happy to enter our season with him replacing a guy that played untold games per season for us.

Since Naby has been with us he's played 58 games. Most of Nabi's appearences have been from the bench.

In that time Gini played 110 games. Most of Gini's games have been as a starter.

It's absolute insanity to think a guy with Nabi's numbers can replace a guy with Gini's numbers. Everyone that's happy to see Shaqiri go because of his injury record need to check stats .Keita has played 13 more games than Shaq. That's 4.3 more games per season than the guy you're happy to see go because of his injury record.

Last year Nabi played ten games for us. The year before he played eighteen.

People are actually suggesting we rely on a guy that's played twenty eight games in two seasons for us? Shocking.

I feel like people are placing their hopes on Nabi as a defense mechanism to fsg not doing what they're meant to and signing a replacement. I don't want to get in to an fsg debate I just needed to make that point.

It's like letting salah go and relying on Shaqiri as his replacement.

I'm hearing talks of fans being happy with Minamino as our backup striker. Wtf?! The guy couldn't get game time at Southampton. He's looked like a deer in headlights everytime he's played. We signed the wrong one from them lot.

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2021 11:21:26 am by Salah10 »
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #45361: Jul 27, 2021 07:03:32 am
      I'd guess Klopp will sign another power lung machine (like Bobby, Robbo) rather than an artist (like Salah).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45362: Jul 27, 2021 11:39:07 am
      Definitely still need a new CM, you can’t rely on Keita and Ox, last season and the defence taught us that.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #45363: Jul 27, 2021 12:19:05 pm
      As well as AFCON this year that's two of the three gone as well as Keita

I feel like this doesn't come up enough. We definitely need someone up front to cover their absence in January.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45364: Jul 27, 2021 12:25:48 pm
      I feel like this doesn't come up enough. We definitely need someone up front to cover their absence in January.

They will literally miss two games.
      If you think were getting players in the door specifically to deal with that scenario you'll be disappointed.

Sure we need a midfield/attacking option this window, but it won't be because of AFCON.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45365: Jul 27, 2021 12:49:02 pm
      If you think were getting players in the door specifically to deal with that scenario you'll be disappointed.

Sure we need a midfield/attacking option this window, but it won't be because of AFCON.

Probably at least 3 league games if get to final maybe 4 depending on when they leave . Will also miss 2 FA Cup ties
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45366: Jul 27, 2021 01:25:13 pm

Returning players from AFCON never play the first game they're back. Always need rest time especially when their national teams have gone far in the competition.

Either way that's 2/4 games of Bobby, Jota and Origi with no back up for those three. So basically just play the full 90 for 2/4 games or let's put the Ox in a position he can't play or try Minamino who looks lost when he plays. Sounds great for our title charge.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45367: Jul 27, 2021 01:40:35 pm
      Returning players from AFCON never play the first game they're back. Always need rest time especially when their national teams have gone far in the competition.

Either way that's 2/4 games of Bobby, Jota and Origi with no back up for those three. So basically just play the full 90 for 2/4 games or let's put the Ox in a position he can't play or try Minamino who looks lost when he plays. Sounds great for our title charge.

Just a reminder btw.
      This a transfer rumours thread.

If you have links or rumours post them.
      If not I'll start deleting your posts, again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,016 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45368: Jul 27, 2021 01:42:34 pm
      Just a reminder btw.

You tell erm boss  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45369: Jul 27, 2021 01:44:09 pm

It's pretty much nailed on that any players coming in will be younger players with the potential to become great players, who are able to fill in occasionally or come off the bench.

I don't expect any peak years players who will be regular starters.

Having said that, another Jota or two (in the sense that they can force their way in, not positionally) would be very welcome.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45370: Jul 27, 2021 01:50:03 pm
      Just a reminder btw.

👍🏽
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45371: Jul 27, 2021 01:57:40 pm
      Saw this on Sky Sports and guess that means Chiesa is a non runner.

Any move for Chiesa would be further complicated by the fact he is only halfway through a two-year loan spell at Juventus, who have agreed to buy him from Fiorentina in 2022.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #45372: Jul 27, 2021 01:59:45 pm
      It's pretty much nailed on that any players coming in will be younger players with the potential to become great players, who are able to fill in occasionally or come off the bench.

I don't expect any peak years players who will be regular starters.

Having said that, another Jota or two (in the sense that they can force their way in, not positionally) would be very welcome.

and the way it should be at this time. A peak, proven player is not going to come here to sit on the bench and be 5th choice up front. That type of player will eventually arrive (next summer or the one following) when we start turning over the front 3 as you simply cannot have all 3 of them age together.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,332 posts | 6386 
      Reply #45373: Jul 27, 2021 02:24:51 pm
      and the way it should be at this time. A peak, proven player is not going to come here to sit on the bench and be 5th choice up front. That type of player will eventually arrive (next summer or the one following) when we start turning over the front 3 as you simply cannot have all 3 of them age together.

A peak proven player wouldn't be 5th choice though. If they were better than 1 of our front three they would play. If they were equally skilled then they would compete for a top spot.

Any move for Chiesa would be further complicated by the fact he is only halfway through a two-year loan spell at Juventus, who have agreed to buy him from Fiorentina in 2022.

Can't imagine there's any way we'd pay what it would cost to buy him anyway?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45374: Jul 27, 2021 02:31:07 pm

Aw well, never mind, not sure he’d have the work ethic to make it in a Klopp side anyway, no offence but Italian players are not known for grafting, and besides having a good Euro’s doesn’t guarantee success in a far superior league than Serie ‘A’.

Not for me,  I’d rather we go and put a deposit down at Dortmund for Haaland, similar to how we bagged Naby from Leipzig, Chavs it seems are already sniffing the air, however I’ve read Haaland is a red and if we dangle a large enough, carrot we could land him !

Y  N  W  A
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #45375: Jul 27, 2021 02:45:44 pm
      Can't imagine there's any way we'd pay what it would cost to buy him anyway?

I think the whole package Juve will pay for him comes out to about 60m so they'd be wanting a minimum of 100m which, like you said, we wouldn't be getting involved with.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45376: Jul 27, 2021 02:52:43 pm

Aw well, never mind, not sure he’d have the work ethic to make it in a Klopp side anyway, no offence but Italian players are not known for grafting, and besides having a good Euro’s doesn’t guarantee success in a far superior league than Serie ‘A’.

Not for me,  I’d rather we go and put a deposit down at Dortmund for Haaland, similar to how we bagged Naby from Leipzig, Chavs it seems are already sniffing the air, however I’ve read Haaland is a red and if we dangle a large enough, carrot we could land him !

Y  N  W  A

To be fair, he looked full of running at the Euro's.
      Proper pest of a player, and skilled as well.

That said, I'd rather have Haaland, but there's not much chance of that happening.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,063 posts | 3431 
      Reply #45377: Jul 27, 2021 02:57:41 pm
      To be fair, he looked full of running at the Euro's.
      Proper pest of a player, and skilled as well.

That said, I'd rather have Haaland, but there's not much chance of that happening.

I don’t see anyone in the Prem being able to pay the level of wages that he is going to demand ( well his agent anyway )
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #45378: Jul 27, 2021 03:01:49 pm
      I think the whole package Juve will pay for him comes out to about 60m so they'd be wanting a minimum of 100m which, like you said, we wouldn't be getting involved with.

There was a report Liverpool had offered EUR 100M for Chiesa, but did not mention when. At this point i do not see us going for that kind of outlay either.

Quick Reply