Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208741 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45379: Jul 27, 2021 03:37:33 pm
      It's pretty much nailed on that any players coming in will be younger players with the potential to become great players, who are able to fill in occasionally or come off the bench.

I don't expect any peak years players who will be regular starters.

Having said that, another Jota or two (in the sense that they can force their way in, not positionally) would be very welcome.

Agreed. I remember we were linked to Leon Bailey (from Leverkusen) last year. He's now linked to Aston Villa in a rumoured 30m deal. He's still only 23 but already has 6 years of first team football behind him, with decent numbers every season. That is the kind of sensible deal I'm hoping we'll be after.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #45380: Jul 27, 2021 06:26:37 pm
      My gut still tells me we'll sign a Saul or Bissouma type. I think the manager will use Origi, Harvey, Ox and Minamino as the back up in attack. As others have said if we could just have 1 of these back up positions with another Jota type we'd be very well set but I don't think the owners will sanction it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45381: Jul 27, 2021 08:55:19 pm
      My gut still tells me we'll sign a Saul or Bissouma type. I think the manager will use Origi, Harvey, Ox and Minamino as the back up in attack. As others have said if we could just have 1 of these back up positions with another Jota type we'd be very well set but I don't think the owners will sanction it.

The Saul saga reminds me of Thiago last year In a way he would of surely of gone by now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45382: Jul 28, 2021 06:45:24 am
      I think the manager will use Origi, Harvey, Ox and Minamino as the back up in attack

This terrifies me, to be honest.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,991 posts | 3422 
      Reply #45383: Jul 28, 2021 07:02:15 am

Add in Jota as well

Ox would potentially be used as the wider players late in the game but Imo mainly as a more attacking midfielder

Elliott as the wide cover after Jota

Minamino clearly has all the ability and has shown it in fleating moments

And Origi is Origi - capable of moments of brilliance but not enough

Mo , Mane Bobby and Jota are going to play the Lions share - the rest will be cover. I don’t think it’s that bad if the players do something but that’s the issue
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #45384: Jul 28, 2021 09:56:23 am
      Saul and Traore.

Yup I'd be happy with that.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #45385: Jul 28, 2021 03:13:22 pm
      Saul and Traore.

Yup I'd be happy with that.

Same. Trade would thrive in our system
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #45386: Jul 28, 2021 03:55:18 pm

Imagine a confident Traore schooled by Jürgen coming on for one of our front lads after 60 mins?

Devastation.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #45387: Jul 28, 2021 04:21:15 pm
      Traore? Really ? Not good enough,  people blinded by his pace but very little end product
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #45388: Jul 28, 2021 04:29:38 pm
      Imagine a confident Traore schooled by Jürgen coming on for one of our front lads after 60 mins?

Devastation.

For sure. Traore drawing defenders would be massive for the likes of Salah and Mane. He is a good passer of the ball and will work hard to win it back after he loses it. I'd love to see what Klopp can do for him
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #45389: Jul 28, 2021 04:29:43 pm
      Lacazette up for grabs for £13 million apparently.
      Final year of his contract.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #45390: Jul 28, 2021 04:45:28 pm
      For sure. Traore drawing defenders would be massive for the likes of Salah and Mane. He is a good passer of the ball and will work hard to win it back after he loses it. I'd love to see what Klopp can do for him

Agree as long as he doesn’t shoot too much.  Woof, is he bad at that!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #45391: Jul 28, 2021 04:48:21 pm
      Lacazette up for grabs for £13 million apparently.
      Final year of his contract.

13m for a bench player? Pass.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #45392: Jul 28, 2021 05:01:34 pm

I dunno man. He ain't a bad option to have off the bench. You can sell 13 Shaq for that and use those funds. He won't push Mo or Mane by any means, so you are literally buying a bench guy, but he's prem proven and a viable option at any point.

We can spend our money better for sure but we could do a lot worse.....
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45393: Jul 28, 2021 05:18:56 pm
      13 mil is the new 1 mil these days, for that price is a no brainier, I know he didn’t have the best of goes at Arsenal but I’d rather him coming off the bench than Origi, but with that kind of player it’s wages you have to look at, that’s usually the obstacle these days.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45394: Jul 28, 2021 05:31:36 pm
      13 mil is the new 1 mil these days, for that price is a no brainier, I know he didn’t have the best of goes at Arsenal but I’d rather him coming off the bench than Origi, but with that kind of player it’s wages you have to look at, that’s usually the obstacle these days.

Someone like him decent goals to game ratio I am hoping we get rather than  a midfielder to be honest
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #45395: Jul 28, 2021 05:49:07 pm
      Always thought he was a bloody good player TBH and granted his goal scoring record hasn’t hit staggering levels but not bad in some very mediocre arsenal teams.

rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45396: Jul 28, 2021 05:53:54 pm
      and the way it should be at this time. A peak, proven player is not going to come here to sit on the bench and be 5th choice up front. That type of player will eventually arrive (next summer or the one following) when we start turning over the front 3 as you simply cannot have all 3 of them age together.

The front 3 should be started to turn over this year and pretty sure would of done if it wasn't for restrictions with Finances
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #45397: Jul 28, 2021 06:28:07 pm
      Traore? Really ? Not good enough,  people blinded by his pace but very little end product

No doubt his end product would need considerable improvement but I think Jürgen would turn him in to a superstar here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #45398: Jul 28, 2021 06:32:09 pm

Lacazette is 10 times the player Origi is.

Always liked him and he was Arsenal's best player last season far better than Aubamayang.

For £13 mill it's a no brainer but his wages are like £180k a week which is why we won't be signing him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,991 posts | 3422 
      Reply #45399: Jul 28, 2021 06:43:00 pm
      Lacazette is a good player but seems very temperamental- not sure if he is the sort of player/person that Klopp would want
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #45400: Jul 28, 2021 06:45:03 pm
      Lacazette's a 1 in 3 man, not very hard working, somewhat injury prove, 30 and would ask for fairly big wages (by our standards). No way we'll be going for him and IMO it would be a backward step. It is superficially appealing as he is quite a good player on his day and definitely better than Origi but not the right fit.

We want someone 10 years younger chomping at the bit, ready to work their bollocks off and is not here for a last big pay day. I don't know that Traore is the guy. Beast of a player but I just don't see he's the full footballing packaging. We need a bit more intelligence in our forwards. I think Chiesa would be perfect but that one won't happen unfortunately.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #45401: Jul 28, 2021 08:16:08 pm
      I know that it is probably impossible we even consider Lacazette but for the sake of the discussion I would say that apart from Tierney, Partey, Martinelli and Saka (maybe I'm forgetting another name or two) there's nothing that could interest us in this team. The rest of their squad is either overrated or they have some notable attitude issues that wouldn't fly with Klopp and our squad.

I for example couldn't see a guy like Guendouzi surviving in our environment despite his undeniable potential.

Quick Reply