Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200512 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45425: Jul 29, 2021 01:43:33 pm
      If Lacazette is only worth 13m that makes Origi worth what, about 2m?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #45426: Jul 29, 2021 01:46:26 pm

I really like Traore, i think he'd develop a great deal under Klopp, particularly if you plugged him in on the left rather than the right. I'm not 100% certain he could do the running he would need to do under Klopp but i think there is a 15 goal, 10 assist a season player in there myself. And i'm also worried that Sadio is past it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #45427: Jul 29, 2021 02:02:22 pm
      Contracts running down run the risk of losing for small or no fee. Question would you not have sold one to get Sancho in ? Because I would

They are all under contract until 2023 so if we had to sell next summer we would still get full value or close to it. Fair point regarding Sancho. I am not 100% sure on it as i don't think Sancho is at Mane/Salah level, but i think i would have have done what you said as well.

That said, when the time comes to turn over the front 3 we will be replacing them with equal / similar quality, so if not Sancho i am sure it will be other top players.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #45428: Jul 29, 2021 02:34:06 pm
      They are all under contract until 2023 so if we had to sell next summer we would still get full value or close to it. Fair point regarding Sancho. I am not 100% sure on it as i don't think Sancho is at Mane/Salah level, but i think i would have have done what you said as well.

That said, when the time comes to turn over the front 3 we will be replacing them with equal / similar quality, so if not Sancho i am sure it will be other top players.

Problem is they ain't going to be all sold next Summer and be replaced so as you said maybe 1 and possibly new contract for Mo maybe not sure Bobby or Sadio
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #45429: Jul 29, 2021 02:35:33 pm
      I really like Traore, i think he'd develop a great deal under Klopp, particularly if you plugged him in on the left rather than the right. I'm not 100% certain he could do the running he would need to do under Klopp but i think there is a 15 goal, 10 assist a season player in there myself. And i'm also worried that Sadio is past it.

Big Season for Mane and Bobby this one certainly need more than what we witnessed last season
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #45430: Jul 29, 2021 02:39:18 pm
      Some rumours linking us to Dusan Vlahovic. Not sure how reliable this is (taken from the Echo rumour mill), but it's a bit of an intriguing one. He might bring something different into the team: he's a tall striker with very good finishing, and he's only 21. The 40m quoted fee seems on par with the market for someone like him. Probably a more sensible alternative to Haaland.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #45431: Jul 29, 2021 03:00:44 pm
      Problem is they ain't going to be all sold next Summer and be replaced so as you said maybe 1 and possibly new contract for Mo maybe not sure Bobby or Sadio

Whoever does not get sold next summer you want to extend anyway so that they don't walk on a free. Of the 3 i expect Mo to go first. He's been the most active in voicing disappointment in not getting the captaincy and leaving the door open to go to Spain, etc. Plus i don't see him being happy being the main guy on offense since he's been here and then see someone else coming in and be that top guy going forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45432: Jul 29, 2021 03:15:22 pm
      https://twitter.com/AlexisBernard10/status/1420670863943380992?s=20

"Paul Pogba has been offered to Liverpool. Liverpool said not be interested until January, when the player will have 6 months left on his contract"

Silly season in full flow.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #45433: Jul 29, 2021 03:50:38 pm

"Paul Pogba has been offered to Liverpool. Liverpool said not be interested until January, when the player will have 6 months left on his contract"

It's probably true he's been offered to us, that's just his agent doing his job. But can you imagine Pogba, the textbook definition of a lazy player, into Jürgen's hardworking midfield?  :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45434: Jul 29, 2021 04:08:32 pm

I'll be gutted if/when he leaves OT
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #45435: Jul 29, 2021 04:42:51 pm

Someone is out to boil United’s piss...😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45436: Jul 29, 2021 04:51:34 pm

Hehe should read 'Liverpool not interested until April 1st'.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #45437: Jul 29, 2021 04:55:16 pm
      Whoever does not get sold next summer you want to extend anyway so that they don't walk on a free. Of the 3 i expect Mo to go first. He's been the most active in voicing disappointment in not getting the captaincy and leaving the door open to go to Spain, etc. Plus i don't see him being happy being the main guy on offense since he's been here and then see someone else coming in and be that top guy going forward.

Going off the Wijnaldum and Henderson not sure FSG will offer the last big contract they will want at 30/31 years old be interesting but whilst Klopp is here need to keep attracting the best
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #45438: Jul 29, 2021 05:02:35 pm
      Tierney = poor man's Robbo
      Partey = poor man's Fab
      Martinelli = poor man's Jota

Saka is the only one I'd have here.

Average team who will stay average.

I don't find Saka all that, seems to be overhyped a bit like Walcott was when he got picked for England at an early age.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #45439: Jul 29, 2021 05:04:59 pm

Hahahahaha yeah can definitely see this happening.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #45440: Jul 29, 2021 05:06:56 pm

I don't, he's your main goal scorer, you don't get rid of someone like that quickly. Plus he looked like he was back in buzzing mode towards tail end of last season.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #45441: Jul 29, 2021 06:13:19 pm
      We should be keeping Mo for as long as he's got a pair of legs! The idea of selling him at 'peak value' is bollocks. You don't sell legends at peak value. Unless they are completely and utterly f*cked you keep them and gradually introduce younger players to learn off of them.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #45442: Jul 30, 2021 10:54:38 am
      We should be keeping Mo for as long as he's got a pair of legs! The idea of selling him at 'peak value' is bollocks. You don't sell legends at peak value. Unless they are completely and utterly f*cked you keep them and gradually introduce younger players to learn off of them.

Good point. But can we identify the younger players who benefitted from Stevie's last days and went to make an impact on the scene? Or were there also any when Carra was tapering off? Just a study on our own situation will do.

I guess this is off topic. Mods please do as necessary. But it's a provoking thought on this idea of keeping legends. Perhaps they have a wider impact across all aspects of the club.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #45443: Jul 30, 2021 11:23:53 am

Couldn't agree more. Proper small club mentality to be thinking of moving your best players on 'at peak value'. No top club does that.

Good point. But can we identify the younger players who benefitted from Stevie's last days and went to make an impact on the scene? Or were there also any when Carra was tapering off? Just a study on our own situation will do.

I guess this is off topic. Mods please do as necessary. But it's a provoking thought on this idea of keeping legends. Perhaps they have a wider impact across all aspects of the club.

I'd say Hendo probably learnt an awful lot from Stevie!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45444: Jul 30, 2021 11:35:00 am

Some Mickey Mouse French comic going with the same bollox.

Edit - Same comic
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #45445: Jul 30, 2021 03:56:20 pm
      I have been thinking something lately, and i would love to see  other peoples thoughts on it. But please dont make it about FSG or spending.

I have been thinking that we sold lovren last year and not replacing him was a mistake. We made a comeback but it just shows gow good of a coach and team we have, but we didnt do replacing and we almost paid for it.

Now gini is gone, thats a huge gap to full becuase the lad was almost never injured. Curtis i see as Lallanas replacement. We cant count on Hendo and keita to be fully fit for whole season. I personally would like to see that position strengthen.

Then shaq is going, maybe Origi but im not sure we should bring in a replacement for shaq. Can elliot replace shaq? If some one gets injured, can he or is he good enough to be trusted?

Minamino is not good enough imo. So im sitting here and thinking that should we bring in another 
      Forward player or trust elliot.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #45446: Jul 30, 2021 03:59:11 pm

That was what Ferguson was good at, he introduced new players every year but kept older lads to teach newer ones. That way he kept the feeling and mentality around the team, while slowly changing the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #45447: Jul 30, 2021 04:14:13 pm
      I have been thinking something lately, and i would love to see  other peoples thoughts on it. But please dont make it about FSG or spending.

I have been thinking that we sold lovren last year and not replacing him was a mistake. We made a comeback but it just shows gow good of a coach and team we have, but we didnt do replacing and we almost paid for it.

Now gini is gone, thats a huge gap to full becuase the lad was almost never injured. Curtis i see as Lallanas replacement. We cant count on Hendo and keita to be fully fit for whole season. I personally would like to see that position strengthen.

Then shaq is going, maybe Origi but im not sure we should bring in a replacement for shaq. Can elliot replace shaq? If some one gets injured, can he or is he good enough to be trusted?

Minamino is not good enough imo. So im sitting here and thinking that should we bring in another 
      Forward player or trust elliot.

We only need to make 2 signings mate in my opinion.

A CM replacement for Gini, and a forward replacement for Origi. We are covered everywhere else.

Sell Shaq, Origi, and Phillips towards funding these 2 signings and we are set.

Minamino might be sold too but have a feeling he'll be here until January at least to prove himself.

Quick Reply