Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205495 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45448: Jul 30, 2021 04:27:21 pm
      I have been thinking something lately, and i would love to see  other peoples thoughts on it. But please dont make it about FSG or spending.

I have been thinking that we sold lovren last year and not replacing him was a mistake. We made a comeback but it just shows gow good of a coach and team we have, but we didnt do replacing and we almost paid for it.

Now gini is gone, thats a huge gap to full becuase the lad was almost never injured. Curtis i see as Lallanas replacement. We cant count on Hendo and keita to be fully fit for whole season. I personally would like to see that position strengthen.

Then shaq is going, maybe Origi but im not sure we should bring in a replacement for shaq. Can elliot replace shaq? If some one gets injured, can he or is he good enough to be trusted?

Minamino is not good enough imo. So im sitting here and thinking that should we bring in another 
      Forward player or trust elliot.

If Klopp is going to keep Minamino and give Elliott more game time then we are pretty done with moves, particularly up front. If players like Jones and Elliott are going to reach the levels we hope/think they can reach we cannot keep blocking their path with more additions to the squad. On the contrary, we should be opening spots for them to step up to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #45449: Jul 30, 2021 04:43:50 pm
      I have been thinking something lately, and i would love to see  other peoples thoughts on it. But please dont make it about FSG or spending.

I have been thinking that we sold lovren last year and not replacing him was a mistake. We made a comeback but it just shows gow good of a coach and team we have, but we didnt do replacing and we almost paid for it.

Now gini is gone, thats a huge gap to full becuase the lad was almost never injured. Curtis i see as Lallanas replacement. We cant count on Hendo and keita to be fully fit for whole season. I personally would like to see that position strengthen.

Then shaq is going, maybe Origi but im not sure we should bring in a replacement for shaq. Can elliot replace shaq? If some one gets injured, can he or is he good enough to be trusted?

Minamino is not good enough imo. So im sitting here and thinking that should we bring in another 

I think we need a CM and a Forward at minimum if we are truly getting rid of all of the dead weight we are reported to be clearing out.

Elliott is likely a little young yet to be leaning on for heavy minutes. I'd like to see him in the first team but is he really ready for that pressure week in and week out? I guess only Klopp knows.

We have to have a CM though...that's really non-negotiable. In Ox, Keita, Henderson and even to some extent Thiago and Fab we have players that will likely pick up knocks and miss games. We have to have quality options in midfield to make the whole thing work.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #45450: Jul 30, 2021 04:47:26 pm

Out and out CF for me to replace Origi who really should have gone 1 if not 2 seasons back and stock value was reasonably high. CM less of a priority for me but as FL mentioned all midfielders at present have had injuries and would expect to continue to pick them up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #45451: Jul 30, 2021 04:54:38 pm
      Quick question - do we have space in the squad to register a non home grown player ?
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #45452: Jul 30, 2021 04:58:44 pm
      Quick question - do we have space in the squad to register a non home grown player ?

I read that may be an issue which makes giving Adrian a new contract strange . Clearly waiting for Shaq and hopefully Origi to depart
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #45453: Jul 30, 2021 05:00:09 pm
      Man City bidding £100m for a single player.

Meanwhile Klopp is sat there for Liverpool trying to turn Oxlade-Chamberlain into a centre forward 😂😂😂

Not my quote by the way
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45454: Jul 30, 2021 05:10:56 pm
      I read that may be an issue which makes giving Adrian a new contract strange . Clearly waiting for Shaq and hopefully Origi to depart

I was thinking that until I remembered a point that the TAW lads made regarding Hendo going the Euros and Roy Keane saying it was daft that he was.

Some people are massive to have around a squad. Wonder if Adrian is like that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #45455: Jul 30, 2021 05:16:49 pm
      I was thinking that until I remembered a point that the TAW lads made regarding Hendo going the Euros and Roy Keane saying it was daft that he was.

Has to be, because he sucks as a keeper.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #45456: Jul 30, 2021 05:21:50 pm

Not sure that is enough to keep someone whose main priority is the bread and butter of being a good keeper which I am afraid he isn't
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45457: Jul 30, 2021 05:37:44 pm
      Man City bidding £100m for a single player.

Meanwhile Klopp is sat there for Liverpool trying to turn Oxlade-Chamberlain into a centre forward 😂😂😂

Not my quote by the way

That's the sad reality. He doesn't need to turn Ox in to a centre forward but it certainly looks like he doesn't have a choice.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45458: Jul 30, 2021 05:41:49 pm

In any other season, we use Fabinho as the 4th CB, and everything is fine.
      In over 50 years, I can't remember having our main 3 CB's with season ending injuries at the same time.

Given we have Jota, I'd be inclined to see if Eliot can push on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #45459: Jul 30, 2021 05:52:58 pm

As far as I'm aware we don't. One has to go out before another can be registered.

Another reason it's not as easy as some make out on here.

Deals are being readied I would imagine but some moves will have to happen first.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #45460: Jul 30, 2021 05:55:42 pm
      As far as I'm aware we don't. One has to go out before another can be registered.

Deals are being readied I would imagine but some moves will have to happen first.

So you're saying it's not like in FIFA/PES/FM? No way
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #45461: Jul 30, 2021 06:10:17 pm
      Salah, mane, firmino, jota, minamino and origi with Elliot is fine up front for me.

CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #45462: Jul 30, 2021 06:24:45 pm
      Salah, mane, firmino, jota, minamino and origi with Elliot is fine up front for me.

Agree, though i would prefer Elliott play ahead of Divock.

Taki should be Bobby's backup, Jota and Elliott cover the wings.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #45463: Jul 30, 2021 06:42:55 pm

Origi needs to be moved on mate. Even if we didn't sign anyone I don't see how he brings anything to this squad anymore.

Ideal world we move him out and bring a young forward in.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #45464: Jul 31, 2021 12:21:41 am

Stop talking rational dude. Optimistic opinions aren't welcome here. Denounce FSG this instant or FL will cancel your account 😆

Spot on post
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #45465: Jul 31, 2021 02:17:24 pm
      Twitter is just beautiful. This place is a self-sustaining fire pit of idiocy. Apart from all the usual 12 yo crap out there I noticed a new trend that has to do more with the journos but that is taking twitter by storm nonetheless since they will take anything for a source.

Any nobody journalist (especially from other countries like Italy, Spain or Germany) who wants to write a piece that includes ''news'' about Liverpool will invent the most stupid rumour ever. Something that doesn't even make basic sense in terms of the actual positions we need to reinforce or the style of that player compared to ours. After he wrote that, all he has to do is add a sentence along the line of ''but Liverpool finds the *insert whatever price tag you want here* off-putting''. The piece comes out, the twitter geniuses pounce on it and instantly go for a ride on the twitter fsg-out merry-go-round.

Concretely this can look like that (imaginary example but I'm sure that if you look you'll find something even more ridiculous):

Step-1: ''Liverpool are interested in Stefan de Vrij and have contacted Inter. However, the club finds the 50M price-tag the Italian club has set to be off-putting''

Step-2:A bunch of people on twitter pounce on the news and instantly get mad that we are not going to complete the signing of De Vrij because ''FSG does not want to pay 50M''. Nobody asks himself why are we even linked with another CB, why we would we want De Vrij, do we even have a need for another CB, etc. But one thing nobody forgets to do tho is being mad and writing a whole lot of fsg-out nonsense.

CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #45466: Jul 31, 2021 02:28:20 pm
      Twitter is just beautiful. This place is a self-sustaining fire pit of idiocy. Apart from all the usual 12 yo crap out there I noticed a new trend that has to do more with the journos but that is taking twitter by storm nonetheless since they will take anything for a source.

Any nobody journalist (especially from other countries like Italy, Spain or Germany) who wants to write a piece that includes ''news'' about Liverpool will invent the most stupid rumour ever. Something that doesn't even make basic sense in terms of the actual positions we need to reinforce or the style of that player compared to ours. After he wrote that, all he has to do is add a sentence along the line of ''but Liverpool finds the *insert whatever price tag you want here* off-putting''. The piece comes out, the twitter geniuses pounce on it and instantly go for a ride on the twitter fsg-out merry-go-round.

Concretely this can look like that (imaginary example but I'm sure that if you look you'll find something even more ridiculous):

Step-1: ''Liverpool are interested in Stefan de Vrij and have contacted Inter. However, the club finds the 50M price-tag the Italian club has set to be off-putting''

Step-2:A bunch of people on twitter pounce on the news and instantly get mad that we are not going to complete the signing of De Vrij because ''FSG does not want to pay 50M''. Nobody asks himself why are we even linked with another CB, why we would we want De Vrij, do we even have a need for another CB, etc. But one thing nobody forgets to do tho is being mad and writing a whole lot of fsg-out nonsense.

I’m glad i never joined the twitter world as it’s just a ridiculous place, but those are the types of pieces the NSP (net spend posse) yearn for.

Those type of journalists know the more reaction they get the more they get noticed, so they cater to a crowd that is salivating for anyone to write something about transfer fees and will provide the reaction they’re looking for.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #45467: Jul 31, 2021 02:40:25 pm
      I’m glad i never joined the twitter world as it’s just a ridiculous place, but those are the types of pieces the NSP (net spend posse) yearn for.

Those type of journalists know the more reaction they get the more they get noticed, so they cater to a crowd that is salivating for anyone to write something about transfer fees and will provide the reaction they’re looking for.
      Honestly, I'm thinking of not going there during transfer windows anymore. I only follow the guys we consider to be reliable and with no tendency for stirring things up like Pearce, Joyce, Reddy, etc (and mainly for during the season stuff like news about the team, new about the injured lads, academy stuff, etc) but regardless the Twitter algorithm has to put crap from people you dont follow on your timeline because it notices you like Liverpool.

''You like Liverpool? How about I show you tweets from this totally random account ran by absolute nobodies? Have you taken a look at the absolutely sane discussion going under their posts too? Take a look!!!''
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #45468: Jul 31, 2021 03:07:20 pm
      Jared Bowen not in the WH squad today..... Oh Jesus, I'm turning into Twitter
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #45469: Jul 31, 2021 03:19:13 pm
      Jared Bowen not in the WH squad today..... Oh Jesus, I'm turning into Twitter

He has an injury
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #45470: Jul 31, 2021 03:56:48 pm

Or is he pulling a Coutinho and trying to force a move to the best football club in the world?????

:f_whistle:...... Ill see myself out

Quick Reply