General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196893 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45494: Jul 31, 2021 07:55:31 pm
      I disagree but fair enough.

What about another forward? A replacement or backup to Bobby?

Yes would like another forward but nothing will happen until some space in the squad appears
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #45495: Jul 31, 2021 08:09:23 pm
      I think we're just biding our time until someone comes in with a fair offer for Shaq as there hasn't been much linking Origi with a move away compared with previous summers. Nat may also get sold or loaned out but beyond that I don't see a lot of movement out.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45496: Jul 31, 2021 08:09:41 pm
      I think you'd find most of us on here would like another CM and another forward. I personally think we'll sign both before the end of the window.

The difference is most of us don't piss our pants at every little link that doesn't come true or throw our toys out of the pram when another club is linked with a player.

Are you referring to me?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45497: Jul 31, 2021 08:11:25 pm
      Yes would like another forward but nothing will happen until some space in the squad appears

Makes sense. Shaq had a decent Euros so can see there being interest. Origi not so much. As I said at the start of the window, I think we'll struggle to move Origi on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #45498: Jul 31, 2021 08:22:00 pm
      I think we're just biding our time until someone comes in with a fair offer for Shaq as there hasn't been much linking Origi with a move away compared with previous summers. Nat may also get sold or loaned out but beyond that I don't see a lot of movement out.

Can see Phillips going to Brighton - he just isn’t quick enough for Klopps sustem
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #45499: Jul 31, 2021 08:27:01 pm

Well I did quote you mate.

You seem to post constantly about 'no links' and 'no signings' so yes I think you fit into they group
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #45500: Jul 31, 2021 09:17:46 pm
      I think we go for a forward and we hold tight in the MF this summer. Gini is such a hard guy to replace and we will certainly miss what he brought to the squad. However, Kieta is pretty similar to what he brings. Kieta is so class when healthy. Im not banking on him being healthy, just saying. I think Klopp has a lot of faith in Jones and Elliot, and will give them chances to cement their spots. Thiago is healthy and acclimated to the system, so he will play a BIG role this season. Hendo, Thiago, Fab was always the most attractive MF lineup we couldve put out last season, but the second we have to rely on it this year people lose their minds? Klopp isn't freaking out and seems content, so will I.

The front 3 will take a hit when Salah and Mane roll out for the AFCON. That's where will we need reinforcements. Bowen seems to be getting a lot of talk lately, but with Edwards who knows. Jota was on no one's radar last year. I trust Klopp and Edwards. When Shaq or Nat get moved we will make a splash.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45501: Jul 31, 2021 09:48:37 pm
      Well I did quote you mate.

You seem to post constantly about 'no links' and 'no signings' so yes I think you fit into they group

I mentioned that there's additional pages in the thread with nothing of actual credible links to players.

You came along pissing your pants out of the excitement of a little dialogue where you get to swing your forum bollox. You can swing 'em at someone else. Thanks a lot.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45502: Jul 31, 2021 09:58:22 pm
      I think we go for a forward and we hold tight in the MF this summer. Gini is such a hard guy to replace and we will certainly miss what he brought to the squad. However, Kieta is pretty similar to what he brings. Kieta is so class when healthy. Im not banking on him being healthy, just saying. I think Klopp has a lot of faith in Jones and Elliot, and will give them chances to cement their spots. Thiago is healthy and acclimated to the system, so he will play a BIG role this season. Hendo, Thiago, Fab was always the most attractive MF lineup we couldve put out last season, but the second we have to rely on it this year people lose their minds? Klopp isn't freaking out and seems content, so will I.

The front 3 will take a hit when Salah and Mane roll out for the AFCON. That's where will we need reinforcements. Bowen seems to be getting a lot of talk lately, but with Edwards who knows. Jota was on no one's radar last year. I trust Klopp and Edwards. When Shaq or Nat get moved we will make a splash.

I just can't trust Keita. He's had so many chances to prove his fitness and he just breaks down. I really hope he can turn it around but it's insanity to rely on someone who gets injured as much as him. Just go on his player thread and read the posts for the last three years. The disappointment is in there. I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #45503: Aug 01, 2021 12:26:27 am
      I just can't trust Keita. He's had so many chances to prove his fitness and he just breaks down. I really hope he can turn it around but it's insanity to rely on someone who gets injured as much as him. Just go on his player thread and read the posts for the last three years. The disappointment is in there. I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.

;D, I know who Kieta is. I hear ya on not trusting him to stay healthy. I don't blame you for it, and I'm not overly optimistic on it either. However, Hendo, Thiago, and Fab were my dream midfield last year, and they should be it to start the season on paper.

Kieta is so freaking talented though, IF he can stay healthy he can be most of what Gini was technically, plus so much more.....

Jones is ready for a bump in playing time aswell. He's shown promise over the years, and he's got a nice little bag of tricks himself. My biggest knock on that guy was also my biggest knock on Gini. They stay on the ball a little to long at times. Lot of potential there though.

Ox and Elliot will play the creative Shaq role when they get minutes. Ox can be dangerous with pace and shots from distance, but he has the knees of a 50 year, no fault of his own. Elliot is the interesting one. He was so creative on the wing last season in the Championship. Got to imagine he's booming with confidence and learning a lot with the first team. Super excited to see what he can bring to this squad.  Maybe he's the next Coutinho 🤔

Again, the thin position is in the front 3. Spend there and then go big on Weston Mckinney next summer as your long term holding midfielder (my American dream, anyway)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #45504: Aug 01, 2021 12:36:37 am
      I see where you are coming from and I think that most here would agree with you that it is very hard to put faith in the idea that Keita is gonna stay healthy. However, I think we should wait until the window is closed before we asses our business in the market. We have made late signings before and we have proven time and time again that our staff has very specific targets that we will pursue until we sign even if it means waiting until the last few days (sometimes it will even mean waiting until the next window).

Jota was never mentioned anywhere and popped up the day after we signed Thiago who was a deal that dragged all summer and the gloominess back then was pretty similar to what are seeing right now.

I'm not saying FSG  or our transfer approach are beyond criticism but we also need to wait and see before we assume nothing is going to happen. I also have to point out that the situation in midfield is nowhere near as dire as our CB situation was at the start of last season. Jones is coming through and making good progress, Eliott impressed at RW on loan but also impressed in the CM role during preseason. This coupled with a player Klopp specifically wants in midfield not being available this summer could mean that he wont mind giving Eliott and Jones more time this season and get the man he wants next summer.

The most important thing was getting a CB and this we did before the window even opened. Lets wait and see for the rest. No sense in being tense over unknowns.

Edit: I would also like to point out that there is what we could pretty much call ''confirmed interest'' from Klopp towards Doku and Neuhauss. Two players who are said to be unavailable this summer. If those are truly targets the boss wants we wont go and spend big on other players and just abandon the idea. We will wait and secure them one way or the other. We could've cracked under pressure, changed our minds, and went for Koulibaly instead of VVD 3 years ago but guess what. We probably would be one PL and one CL trophy less right now.

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2021 12:46:01 am by PolarBearRed »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #45505: Aug 01, 2021 01:08:07 am
      My main concerns are that we have a a couple of players that klopp doesn’t seem to want to call on at all no matter how bad the injury list (tsimikas, Davies and origi), and then players that are just never available when we need them the most (keita, ox, Shaqiri and matip).

Add to that we have Gomez and VVD coming back from career changing injuries and our star men going off to African nations and I can see a position like last season where we have hardly any options on the bench and some players looking shattered by September.

On paper it looks like we have a strong squad. But I think in reality we have a strong core but flimsy unreliable options everywhere else.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45506: Aug 01, 2021 04:16:35 am
      Edit: I would also like to point out that there is what we could pretty much call ''confirmed interest'' from Klopp towards Doku and Neuhauss

Confirmed interest from who, mate?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #45507: Aug 01, 2021 08:26:12 am
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,226 posts | 1650 
      Reply #45508: Aug 01, 2021 10:48:46 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45509: Aug 01, 2021 11:06:25 am
      Next year phffft mingebags
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45510: Aug 01, 2021 11:12:27 am

I'm not buying it. Not one bit.

There's a lot in that article that indicates the club released that through him.

1. They're saying that this group of players can still win the league and don't need replacing yet.

I don't agree at all.

Mane and Bobby were shot to pieces last year. If they both have another sh*t show we're finished. At minimum we need a backup for both. We have Jota but that leaves one more backup required. This article shows us why Klopp is trying out Ox at cf. I really feel sorry for the boss. A world class manager, best in the business, having to try out a consistently injured cm up top. Trent needs a decent backup.

2. Next summer they'll be forced to move on a couple of the stars and they'll get a better fee for them. They're relying on other clubs being in a better financial position to bid for our players.

Clubs won't be waiting around like us. People are spending money. Deals are being made. Loans with obligations to buy next year solves that problem.

3. World class stars like Mbappe, Pedri, Goretzka and even Paul Pogba will be coming to the end of their contracts.

There's absolutely no way fsg go to get Mbappe and offer him as much as your Real's of this world. Absolutely no way. You can tell me whatever you want but fsg will not be offering the same money as Chelsea or Juve. All these mentioned players will have a contract come next summer whether that's with their current team, getting sold this window or joining a hig paying team next year.

4. Don't look at Uniteds spending the Glazers load debt on the club.

Basically fsg are saying we know we told you that clubs are not spending but clearly United are and we know they finished in front of us, which you can all see, but let us remind you about the Glazers and their protests so hopefully that'll deflect from the fact that clubs are spending. Yes the Glazers have United in debt but it's a sustainable debt that can be wiped off, instantly, with the sale of the club. They know this hence they sustain this debt. I don't see United going anywhere, due to debt, do you?

It's bullshit from the owners. They're not looking to spend at all. They've just fed us with their excuses for "next year" again.

I heard "next year" when we won the Champions League. We were meant to strengthen at that point. Instead we didn't sign anyone and got told "next summer" so we waited. Next summer came along and we done the usual £30m net and failed to sign a replacement for Lovren because it wasn't within the £30m.

Since 2019 we've signed Jota, Thiago, Tsimiskas and Konate. If we sign no one else that'll be four players in three years. How tf that is progressing I have no idea.

You might as well shut this thread down. I've read all I need to read. We won't be signing anyone from here.

Edit*** Add Adrian, Van Den Berg, Minamino and Davies to this list.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2021 11:56:04 am by Salah10 »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1475 
      Reply #45511: Aug 01, 2021 11:29:56 am

If I'm any player's agent, surely I'm going to drum up interest for my own player. I'd make it out that every top club including Liverpool is interested in my player.

If they're strong in my player's department, I'd say they need cover to strengthen their backups. If they're lacking in my player's department, then I'd say they need to fill the void in his favourite position.

I don't do it for Liverpool or its fans or for me own player. I do this for a big pay day of agent fees. I'd need the transaction value to be as high as possible since I get a percentage cut of the deal value.

We're always going to be interested any and every player be it true or false.

In fact I've a player called Fookin. Klopp is interested and following developments very closely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #45512: Aug 01, 2021 11:45:12 am

Since 2019 we've signed Jota, Thiago, Tsimiskas and Konate. If we sign no one else that'll be four players in three years. How tf that is progressing I have no idea.

You might as well shut this thread down. I've read all I need to read. We won't be signing anyone from here.

19/20

Minamino
      Van Den Berg
      Adrian

20/21

Jota
      Thiago
      Tsimikas
      Davies

21/22

Konate

This window isn't even complete yet and if we go back to 18/19 we had Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri.

Now my maths may not be the greatest but even leaving out 18/19 I'm pretty sure that's more than four signings in three years.

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45513: Aug 01, 2021 11:54:24 am
      19/20

Minamino
      Van Den Berg
      Adrian

20/21

Jota
      Thiago
      Tsimikas
      Davies

21/22

Konate

This window isn't even complete yet and if we go back to 18/19 we had Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri.

Now my maths may not be the greatest but even leaving out 18/19 I'm pretty sure that's more than four signings in three years.

Sorry, you're right I was trying to think of the additional players but just woke up and it was a pretty long post by me which was a bit much on the morning brain 😂.

I'm referring to 19/20 and onwards.

We signed no one 19/20 to pay for the window before.

Adrian was free - whilst he started off excellent he's a complete liability that should have never got an extension.

Van Den Berg was £3m - Too young to make an impact or pass a judgement on.

Minamino was £7.5 - Hasn't worked out at all. Looked like a steal but now looks like money wasted.

Davies was £3m - no words needed here.

Ok add an additional £13m to the spending pot since 2019.

Either way that's not elite club strengthening. That's not "let's stay at the top" strengthening. It may be acceptable to some but I can't see the masses of fans finding it good enough at this level.

Anyway, that article said enough for me to know there will be no more incomings this year.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, I can't see in to the future, but I've been here before with fsg so I won't be holding my breath.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #45514: Aug 01, 2021 11:54:42 am
      Sorry, you're right I was trying to think of the additional players but just woke up and it was a pretty long post by me which was a bit much on the morning brain 😂.

Adrian - whilst he started off excellent he's a complete liability that should have never got an extension.

Van Den Berg - Too young to make an impact or pass a judgement on.

Minamino - Hasn't worked out at all. Looked like a steal but now looks like money wasted.

Ok add an additional £10m to the spending pot since 2019.

Either way that's not elite club strengthening. That's not "let's stay at the top" strengthening. It may be acceptable to some but I can't see the masses of fans finding it good enough at this level.

Anyway, that article said enough for me to know there will be no more incomings this year.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, I can't see in to the future, but I've been here before with fsg so I won't be holding my breath.

You say you've been here before but we literally bought three players last summer and have another one in already this summer.

I honestly don't get your argument mate. I know I was ribbing you a bit yesterday but honestly do not see your point at all
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45515: Aug 01, 2021 12:01:24 pm
      You say you've been here before but we literally bought three players last summer and have another one in already this summer.

I honestly don't get your argument mate. I know I was ribbing you a bit yesterday but honestly do not see your point at all

Ok so my point is this....

We won the Champions League and gold told "next summer" so we signed no one (of note).

We accepted it.

Last year we so badly needed to replace Lovren and another striker (as well as Jota) and got told "next summer" (hence Jürgen having to tell Werner, Sancho it'll have to be next summer).

Even the article says "we know Liverpool fans are always being told next summer but it might actually be next summer".

It's as if fsg say here's your £35m. Do with it as you wish. We're not budging on anything after that.

This rigidness to stick to that number is just ignorance imo. We need to strenthen now, not next year. Everyone around us will get stronger and we'll stay in the same place.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #45516: Aug 01, 2021 12:09:18 pm
      Ok so my point is this....

We won the Champions League and gold told "next summer" so we signed no one (of note).

We accepted it.

Last year we so badly needed to replace Lovren and another striker (as well as Jota) and got told "next summer" (hence Jürgen having to tell Werner, Sancho it'll have to be next summer).

Even the article says "we know Liverpool fans are always being told next summer but it might actually be next summer".

It's as if fsg say here's your £35m. Do with it as you wish. We're not budging on anything after that.

This rigidness to stick to that number is just ignorance imo. We need to strenthen now, not next year. Everyone around us will get stronger and we'll stay in the same place.

Did we get told "next summer" though or is that just media speculation?

Also did we need to replace another striker as well as Jota? I'm not sure anyone was expecting that and seems a little like you're moving the goalposts to suit an agenda.

You could also argue that the settled squad after the CL win allowed us to focus with the quality already brought in the summer before and enabled us to win the league.

Quick Reply