Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206857 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45540: Aug 01, 2021 03:28:08 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45541: Aug 01, 2021 03:30:15 pm
      If Hendo and Keita are the other options as per your earlier post then it's nailed on he will have to be  Hendo will miss 10 or 12 matches with a muscle injury as per usual these days and Naby lad what could possibly go wrong?

Really hope Naby and the Ox can stay fit for most of the season, they can be brilliant on their day Id say its defo last chance season for both of them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45542: Aug 01, 2021 03:30:41 pm

Itā€™s not a ā€œhabitā€ itā€™s a model that the club is run under. Itā€™s the model they stated they would use and they have stuck to that word

That model has allowed Ā£1.1bn to be spent on players and allowed the club to recruit multiple hugely talented players and has brought success back to the club that the fans were desperate for for the last 30 years

Usual bullshit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #45543: Aug 01, 2021 03:47:08 pm
      If Hendo and Keita are the other options as per your earlier post then it's nailed on he will have to be  Hendo will miss 10 or 12 matches with a muscle injury as per usual these days and Naby lad what could possibly go wrong?

I suspect itā€™s going to be the last chance that Keita gets to prove himself
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #45544: Aug 01, 2021 04:14:33 pm
      You pretty much summed it up. The people who whine too much about the transfers have multilayer way of being disappointed. First they are disappointed that we are not buying for this or that position. Then the club moves and they are suddenly disappointed at the transfer itself because  its not a ''big one'' despite us proving time and time again that you have to buy smart not loud. Then it all comes down to the net spend.

Lets just watch and see what happens. That's all we can do. No point in moaning about a transfer window that hasn't even shut yet.

Letā€™s just close the thread then? You hath proclaimed that there is no reason for discussion since we donā€™t know whatā€™s going to happen till itā€™s happened so letā€™s close this thread and we will open it after the transfer window closes. For that matter we should keep match threads closed till after games and also we shouldnā€™t discuss the season until itā€™s over and we see what has happened.

Why oh why should people have opinions about how we spend or who we buy (or donā€™t buy)?

Silly me, I didnā€™t realize I had to shut up and sit tight because Iā€™m not completely happy with our transfers the last couple years.

F**k me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #45545: Aug 01, 2021 04:24:26 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #45546: Aug 01, 2021 04:56:22 pm
      You forget mate, the name of the game is not how we spend, but how much we spend compared to other teams.

I mean, let's for one minute forget Edward's acumen in idnetifying players that fly under the radar, and getting them for decent prices, and focus only on teams spunking ridiculous money on players.
      Ā£50 million for White vs Ā£36 million for Konate.

Why oh why, have we allowed Arsenal to spend Ā£14 million more on a player many would deem not as good as the player we bought.
      I mean, it's just not good enough.

"Why are we buying a Chelsea reject" came the cries from the terminally stupid when we bought Salah for "only" Ā£37 million. "If he's that cheap he must be sh*t."

I mean, it's the same year after year: We have to buy player X, nothing else will do for me.

It's not even the sheer entitlement, it's the fact that even after seeing Edwards in action for years, they still think they know better.

Preaching it brother. 👏

A few people on this site only care about how much we spend, and lose sight of quality over quantity. Not all of our moves were as sexy and VVD or Ali, but those guys have contributed to the success that we've had over the past few seasons.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but this dudes is better than 99% of them.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #45547: Aug 01, 2021 04:57:28 pm
      I got a feeling we announce Bowen in the next week. Just a hunch
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #45548: Aug 01, 2021 05:10:21 pm
      Letā€™s just close the thread then? You hath proclaimed that there is no reason for discussion since we donā€™t know whatā€™s going to happen till itā€™s happened so letā€™s close this thread and we will open it after the transfer window closes. For that matter we should keep match threads closed till after games and also we shouldnā€™t discuss the season until itā€™s over and we see what has happened.

Why oh why should people have opinions about how we spend or who we buy (or donā€™t buy)?

Silly me, I didnā€™t realize I had to shut up and sit tight because Iā€™m not completely happy with our transfers the last couple years.

F**k me.
      Nobody said to not have a discussion, thats actually what I've been dying to have. What you lot are having is not a discussion but a whining session about something before it has even happened. My point is if we are going to whine about something then lets wait until this something has happened because at the moment there is still a whole month to go to this transfer window.

My other point was that until the window is shut lets not whine and instead have football discussions about who we want, why, what are the qualities of these players you want that makes you think they fit us. If credible links emerge we can also discuss them.

If you want to turn the thread into a discussion about FSG go ahead but I'm pretty sure the thread was designed to discuss rumours, players we'd realistically like to see in an LFC shirt and why, etc.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #45549: Aug 01, 2021 05:17:37 pm
      I got a feeling we announce Bowen in the next week. Just a hunch

I really hope not.

He's a decent enough player but absolutely not the player we need now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #45550: Aug 01, 2021 05:27:35 pm
      Nobody said to not have a discussion, thats actually what I've been dying to have. What you lot are having is not a discussion but a whining session about something before it has even happened. My point is if we are going to whine about something then lets wait until this something has happened because at the moment there is still a whole month to go to this transfer window.

My other point was that until the window is shut lets not whine and instead have football discussions about who we want, why, what are the qualities of these players you want that makes you think they fit us. If credible links emerge we can also discuss them.

If you want to turn the thread into a discussion about FSG go ahead but I'm pretty sure the thread was designed to discuss rumours, players we'd realistically like to see in an LFC shirt and why, etc.

Iā€™m not whining about anything. Iā€™m simply stating my opinion about transfers. So because I would like to see us be more aggressive and more often target a higher caliber player thatā€™s whining? Get a grip ffs.

Thiago is a good signing but heā€™s older and isnā€™t a long term solution to anything. Jota looks like a good long term solution and should provide some cover but IMO heā€™s not better than any of our top three when they are at their best. Konate  looks the business but only time will tell.

Iā€™m happy with those three transfers as it stands, but when you factor in Gini leaving and the fact that weā€™ve wasted money on Ox and Keita because they canā€™t stay healthy, I think we need a little more investment. I donā€™t expect itā€™s going to come because no one apparently wants Origi or Shaq but who knows, maybe everything falls together in the weeks leading up to our first game.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45551: Aug 01, 2021 07:31:50 pm
      I think that Cunha fella from Brazil could be the perfect successor for Bobbyā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45552: Aug 01, 2021 10:09:42 pm
      Is there any truth in Haaland stating he would like to play for Liverpool?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45553: Aug 01, 2021 10:11:07 pm

Alright Houdini who will we sign to address the positional weakness that saw us lose our Premiership title?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45554: Aug 01, 2021 10:13:55 pm

Hehehe
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #45555: Aug 01, 2021 10:19:08 pm

Well his dream is to win the CL so that rules out a few clubs 👍
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45556: Aug 01, 2021 10:40:26 pm
      Well his dream is to win the CL so that rules out a few clubs 👍

You trolling me  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #45557: Aug 02, 2021 01:45:58 am

Doesnā€™t really matter, no way in hell we could afford him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #45558: Aug 02, 2021 06:18:33 am
      Alright Houdini who will we sign to address the positional weakness that saw us lose our Premiership title?
      I dont know who we will sign but I'd love to hear about who you'd like us to sign and why you think he would be a good fit. We can wait until the window is closed (if we have indeed not signed anybody) before we start that other discussion about FSG and us not signing anybody in the positions we deem as needing reinforcement.

Out of all the rumoured names my favourite is Tielemans because he is versatile, young, PL proven and has a lot of qualities on the ball in terms of his creativity but also the danger he represents at the edge of the box. However, I wonder how would he fit in terms of starting minutes in our team if we assume the midfield 3 is Hendo, Fab and Thiago. Will he be willing to lose a sizeable chunk of the guaranteed minutes he gets at Leicester for a year or two? It is the problem with buying an established midfielder like him. We also have to think about the growth of some of our young players we are trying to bring into the fold. If Klopp really believes in Jones and was planning on giving him a chunk of those Gini minutes then buying another CM will take away from those minutes. I'm curious to know what Klopp plan is. There is a genuine case to be made about maybe not needing another CM if the boss really thinks it is time for Curtis to step up and play more minutes. Do you think Jones can take on those Gini minutes and give us a decent product?

The one name rumoured that I would prefer staying away from is Sanches. Not because I think he is a bad player or wouldn't fit us. In fact he posses a lot of the ''Klopp midfielder'' qualities in that he is a good box to box, is a work horse, and on top of that he's a baller. My problem is the injury record. Keita showed no signs of being injury prone before coming to the PL (4 games missed with Leipzig during his stay there) but Sanches on the other hand does show signs of being injury prone so lets not willingly jump head first into a problem.

As for the attacker/forward role I think it is the position we do really need reinforcement in. First we have to decide if we are looking for somebody who can simply score goals or somebody who can score goals but also have that creative touch as well as defensive involvement (so an attacker with flair, an engine to run for days and a creative mind). I watched a little analysis video making a case for three players including a Japanese player by the name of Daichi Kamada (Eintracht Frankfurt). The style is similar to Bobby's in that he is a CAM who seems to have been turned into a creative centre forward. Good on the ball, flair and will create space for his teammates with his movement as well as his passing. He also seems to be good at assisting his team in the defensive department by coming back and making good tackles and interception. He has managed only 5 goals this season in the Bundesliga but he did manage 15 assists in that same period. However, I never watched the guy and so I can't give my personal opinion. One of the things I noticed with Japanese players is that they are super skillful, agile, smart on the ball but are also small in stature and so they struggle a bit in the PL. I feel like this is the case with Taki. He has the skillset but I feel like what betrays him in those tight spaces is the ability to hold off the opponent for that extra second or shoulder somebody off. Not saying all Japanese players are not suitable for the PL or something, just a little detail I noticed.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpCK3k9WO1o

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45559: Aug 02, 2021 11:06:06 am
      I dont know who we will sign but I'd love to hear about who you'd like us to sign and why you think he would be a good fit. We can wait until the window is closed (if we have indeed not signed anybody) before we start that other discussion about FSG and us not signing anybody in the positions we deem as needing reinforcement.

Out of all the rumoured names my favourite is Tielemans because he is versatile, young, PL proven and has a lot of qualities on the ball in terms of his creativity but also the danger he represents at the edge of the box. However, I wonder how would he fit in terms of starting minutes in our team if we assume the midfield 3 is Hendo, Fab and Thiago. Will he be willing to lose a sizeable chunk of the guaranteed minutes he gets at Leicester for a year or two? It is the problem with buying an established midfielder like him. We also have to think about the growth of some of our young players we are trying to bring into the fold. If Klopp really believes in Jones and was planning on giving him a chunk of those Gini minutes then buying another CM will take away from those minutes. I'm curious to know what Klopp plan is. There is a genuine case to be made about maybe not needing another CM if the boss really thinks it is time for Curtis to step up and play more minutes. Do you think Jones can take on those Gini minutes and give us a decent product?

The one name rumoured that I would prefer staying away from is Sanches. Not because I think he is a bad player or wouldn't fit us. In fact he posses a lot of the ''Klopp midfielder'' qualities in that he is a good box to box, is a work horse, and on top of that he's a baller. My problem is the injury record. Keita showed no signs of being injury prone before coming to the PL (4 games missed with Leipzig during his stay there) but Sanches on the other hand does show signs of being injury prone so lets not willingly jump head first into a problem.

As for the attacker/forward role I think it is the position we do really need reinforcement in. First we have to decide if we are looking for somebody who can simply score goals or somebody who can score goals but also have that creative touch as well as defensive involvement (so an attacker with flair, an engine to run for days and a creative mind). I watched a little analysis video making a case for three players including a Japanese player by the name of Daichi Kamada (Eintracht Frankfurt). The style is similar to Bobby's in that he is a CAM who seems to have been turned into a creative centre forward. Good on the ball, flair and will create space for his teammates with his movement as well as his passing. He also seems to be good at assisting his team in the defensive department by coming back and making good tackles and interception. He has managed only 5 goals this season in the Bundesliga but he did manage 15 assists in that same period. However, I never watched the guy and so I can't give my personal opinion. One of the things I noticed with Japanese players is that they are super skillful, agile, smart on the ball but are also small in stature and so they struggle a bit in the PL. I feel like this is the case with Taki. He has the skillset but I feel like what betrays him in those tight spaces is the ability to hold off the opponent for that extra second or shoulder somebody off. Not saying all Japanese players are not suitable for the PL or something, just a little detail I noticed.

A long winded and opinionated response.
      The point I make (again) is if quality stand in for vital players had been available the club would have stood a better chance of retaining the title.

Furthermore if the success of that season had been built on which is accepted strategy, this again would have boosted our chances of retaining our title.

The manager will know who are the most suitable candidates and there was some difference of opinion last season when Klopp hinted that a requested discussion with the owners about signing a player had been refused.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2021 11:34:41 am by stuey »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45560: Aug 02, 2021 11:49:05 am
      How about James Rodriguez from Everton? Rafa has said he doesnā€™t feature in his plans and can go, maybe with Rafa at the helm we could get friends rates?  :f_tongueincheek:

Not a bad option though all jokes aside from the bench and could start in those few weeks of the African Cup, but doubt we would do business with each other.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45561: Aug 02, 2021 12:02:19 pm
      How about James Rodriguez from Everton? Rafa has said he doesnā€™t feature in his plans and can go, maybe with Rafa at the helm we could get friends rates?  :f_tongueincheek:

Not a bad option though all jokes aside from the bench and could start in those few weeks of the African Cup, but doubt we would do business with each other.

This is a good shout
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45562: Aug 02, 2021 12:27:28 pm

No thanks.

There's reasons no other club wants him.

Quick Reply