Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212420 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45632: Aug 03, 2021 07:48:28 pm
      So all the new improved contracts & extensions  will be taken out of this seasons budget or next..?

Assume it would be amortized over the life of the contract? 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #45633: Aug 03, 2021 08:01:15 pm
      Stuey, I say this with your best interest at heart. Go root for City. You get too bent out of shape with the inner workings of our transfer team and how our owners do business. Over there it's open season, you can buy whoever you want.

I'm just looking out for you mental clarity, dog. Well that and this thread 😉

Usually your ā€œcontributionsā€ are ignored and after reading a reply to one of them I see no reason to change anything.

I have supported this club since I was brought up in Walton 60 odd years ago and you tell me to support another club!!

Go F**k yaself F***ing eejit .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #45634: Aug 03, 2021 08:12:51 pm
      Seriously lads arguing before the first competitive kick of a ball.

What's this forum coming to?

We should be waiting until at least the first loss to be at each other's throats. :P
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #45635: Aug 03, 2021 08:14:20 pm
      So all the new improved contracts & extensions  will be taken out of this seasons budget or next..?

No idea. What does your twitter feed say?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #45636: Aug 03, 2021 08:36:52 pm
      No idea. What does your twitter feed say?

That your a pr**k.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #45637: Aug 03, 2021 08:41:46 pm
      Seriously lads arguing before the first competitive kick of a ball.

What's this forum coming to?

We should be waiting until at least the first loss to be at each other's throats. :P

Any time of the year when some F***ing idiot tells me to support another club than one Iā€™ve supported since before he was born will get the same response.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,066 posts | 3433 
      Reply #45638: Aug 03, 2021 08:55:05 pm
      So the next rumour - Damsgaard ? He was the very talented Danish winger who ripped England apart - available for Ā£30mil 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #45639: Aug 03, 2021 09:00:45 pm
      Look forward to it like all the other big FSG rumours that have been looked forward to and forgotten.

Well that was I read from one of the Athletic mob, who seem to have good ties with the club.

So I presume they're saving up for M'bappe's wages :laugh:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #45640: Aug 03, 2021 09:08:28 pm
      So the next rumour - Damsgaard ? He was the very talented Danish winger who ripped England apart - available for Ā£30mil 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

The Danish Minamino  ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #45641: Aug 03, 2021 09:38:02 pm
      This thread is fun!!  It's the gift that keeps on giving!!  🤣
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #45642: Aug 03, 2021 09:54:15 pm

Can't remember much of him to he honest.

It'll be that profile of forward I'd say and a CM.

So where we're at is we've already signed the player to fill that hole in CB from last season which was our main priority.

I'm as certain as I can be that we'll sign a forward and a CM which is pretty much what everyone is asking right?

Best to sit tight until the window is shut before losing your sh*t that we haven't signed anyone or being left behind as people put it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #45643: Aug 03, 2021 10:05:35 pm
      We really need to get a move on with the Shaq, Origi, Phillips and Karius sales.

I'd be very suspicious if all are still here come September and we haven't signed any new players. Will look like a planned excuse not to spend.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2021 11:39:24 pm by bazspeedman »
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #45644: Aug 03, 2021 10:36:51 pm
      We really need to get a move on with the Shaq, Origi, Phillips and Karius sales.

I'd be very suspicious if all are still here come September and we haven't sign any new players. Will look like a planned excuse not to spend.

Yep apparently Wolves interested in Origi for 10m but holding out for more I would drive him there myself for that
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #45645: Aug 03, 2021 10:40:48 pm
      Can't remember much of him to he honest.

It'll be that profile of forward I'd say and a CM.

So where we're at is we've already signed the player to fill that hole in CB from last season which was our main priority.

I'm as certain as I can be that we'll sign a forward and a CM which is pretty much what everyone is asking right?

Best to sit tight until the window is shut before losing your sh*t that we haven't signed anyone or being left behind as people put it.

To be fair, bunch of folks calling for that CB signing when Lovren left, knowing Joe and Joel's injury record. So that one is a bit late but maybe we wouldn't have been able to pick up someone like Konate then, who knows. I think he's going to be a good add. I think people are losing their sh*t because it seems pretty obvious we won't have any more incomings until we have some outgoings and as of now, the outgoings seem to be drying up? The worrisome one is Shaq...comes out and basically says he's been told he can leave to find another club, then today there was an interview with him by the offal and he's talking like he's staying. Very weird marketing to be fair.

If we don't add anyone else I think we can win the title IF we don't have any long term injury issues to the starting 11.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #45646: Aug 03, 2021 10:50:29 pm
      To be fair, bunch of folks calling for that CB signing when Lovren left, knowing Joe and Joel's injury record. So that one is a bit late but maybe we wouldn't have been able to pick up someone like Konate then, who knows.

We've waited on the right man before so on that one I'll give benefit of the doubt.

Another thing to remember in all this is we can't register another overseas player until we ship two out so I don't see any signings until the club are at least pretty sure the likes of Origi and Shaqiri are going out.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #45647: Aug 03, 2021 11:03:10 pm
      Just a sneaky feeling that we will get roughly 10M each for Origi, Shaq, and Nat.  We'll have to give Karius away, but we might get some additional cash if any of Luis Alberto, Danny Ings, or Ryan Kent get sold by their current clubs this summer.  Add any of that to the 20M+ we've already banked and I think we'll have another 50M - 60M to spend before the window closes.  That will go towards a CM and FW, both of whom will be youngish, up and coming, and on relatively low wages -- think Jota profile last summer. 
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #45648: Aug 04, 2021 12:11:33 am

I doubt there is much truth in that to be honest. Ever since Edwards was appointed, we don't really go for the 'flavour of the month' anymore. It's just not good business. Damsgaard is very much overvalued at the moment, on the back of 3 good games at the Euros.

We might be monitoring him, just like we're monitoring dozens of young players across the world, but I'd be surprised if there is more to it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #45649: Aug 04, 2021 12:58:00 am
      Usually your ā€œcontributionsā€ are ignored and after reading a reply to one of them I see no reason to change anything.

I have supported this club since I was brought up in Walton 60 odd years ago and you tell me to support another club!!

Go f**k yaself f**king eejit .

What is an eejit? I assume me?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #45650: Aug 04, 2021 01:05:34 am
      Why do people feel the need to constantly tell long time reds that they should go root for another team? I know Stuey says some off the wall things sometimes, hell I have him on my ignore list if I'm being honest...but one thing I don't question is that he's been a red for a long time and has probably forgotten as much about the club as a lot of the fair weather fans we've had come along on this site will ever know. If he gets on your nerves just put him on ignore. But to tell reds to go root for another team...that's just silly.

You of all people ought to know it was tongue and cheek. I've given you the same sh*t in the past.  ;)

Look, a few of you can be annoying af  :lmao: The FSG sucks agenda gets old and imo gets talked about entirely too often. But that's me. I bet I annoy some of you with trying to see the silver lining in everything and somewhat defending FSG ( I use that term loosely).

In the end of the day we're all Reds. We all love this club and fiercely support it. Stuey can get mad all he wants, in the end of the day.....YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45651: Aug 04, 2021 07:59:59 am
      See, Iā€™m not as sure as some that we will bring in a couple more signings, I think weā€™ll see one or two promotions from the academy, I think we will see a lot more of Wee Harvey as some are expecting, we may even see Kaide Gordon too albeit not as often,

Giniā€™s departure has opened the door for Curtis & more likely Naby to fill( if he can stay injury free) the Ox has shown he can be used as a AM rather than out wide, so covering for Bobby, Jota, Mo & Mane can be rotated to suit, we have plenty of cover at the back with the returns of Virgil, Joe & Joel and reinforced with Konate, Tsimikas can cover for Robbo, likewise Neco or Gomez for Trent, Hendo & Millie I can see as a support act and absolutely pivotal when things arenā€™t going so well, keeping everyone fit & healthy is key obviously, in essence we have ample cover for every position, however, if we were to offload one or two then I feel we would need to fill the gaps,

I think weā€™re all aware that money this season is in particularly short supply, nothing new here in regards to FSG, but if JĆ¼rgen feels he can get through this season with what he has, then thatā€™s what will happen, so any new faces that do come in are a bonus and obviously very welcome,

I can see this team lining up most weeksā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Alisson
                                                 Trent    Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                                  Fabinho
                                                        Thiago             Keita
                                                       Salah    Bobby   Mane

Bench;  Kelleher, Gomez, Hendo, Ox, Eliot, Jota, Jones, Milner/Matip/ Taki/Tsimikas
                                                 (Can we use 5 subs this season?)

Thatā€™s a pretty good bunch to choose from in my humble opinion, of course it could be strengthened but, only if itā€™s a upgrade in quality, if we can all stay relatively fit & healthy I see us right up there in the mix come May, Iā€™ve said it before this is a three horse race with us Chavs & shitty, and we could all be neck & neck in the final weeks, if I were to stick my neck out Iā€™d make us favs, City will have a hard on for CL & Chavs inconsistency could F**k them up.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, whoā€™s the Hungriest of them all !!

Y  N  W  A

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #45652: Aug 04, 2021 08:59:54 am
      See, Iā€™m not as sure as some that we will bring in a couple more signings, I think weā€™ll see one or two promotions from the academy, I think we will see a lot more of Wee Harvey as some are expecting, we may even see Kaide Gordon too albeit not as often,

Giniā€™s departure has opened the door for Curtis & more likely Naby to fill( if he can stay injury free) the Ox has shown he can be used as a AM rather than out wide, so covering for Bobby, Jota, Mo & Mane can be rotated to suit, we have plenty of cover at the back with the returns of Virgil, Joe & Joel and reinforced with Konate, Tsimikas can cover for Robbo, likewise Neco or Gomez for Trent, Hendo & Millie I can see as a support act and absolutely pivotal when things arenā€™t going so well, keeping everyone fit & healthy is key obviously, in essence we have ample cover for every position, however, if we were to offload one or two then I feel we would need to fill the gaps,

I think weā€™re all aware that money this season is in particularly short supply, nothing new here in regards to FSG, but if JĆ¼rgen feels he can get through this season with what he has, then thatā€™s what will happen, so any new faces that do come in are a bonus and obviously very welcome,

I can see this team lining up most weeksā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Alisson
                                                 Trent    Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                                  Fabinho
                                                        Thiago             Keita
                                                       Salah    Bobby   Mane

Bench;  Kelleher, Gomez, Hendo, Ox, Eliot, Jota, Jones, Milner/Matip/ Taki/Tsimikas
                                                 (Can we use 5 subs this season?)

Thatā€™s a pretty good bunch to choose from in my humble opinion, of course it could be strengthened but, only if itā€™s a upgrade in quality, if we can all stay relatively fit & healthy I see us right up there in the mix come May, Iā€™ve said it before this is a three horse race with us Chavs & shitty, and we could all be neck & neck in the final weeks, if I were to stick my neck out Iā€™d make us favs, City will have a hard on for CL & Chavs inconsistency could f**k them up.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, whoā€™s the Hungriest of them all !!

Y  N  W  A

I hope you're wrong, but even if we don't sign the couple of players we're all looking for, it's not that terrible. It's an issue if both Mane and Firmino play at the same level as last year.

However, I don't know why Konate would start alongside VVD. Matip and Gomez have always been very good, and the fee we spent does not mean he will start for sure. We spent more on Keita and Ox. Still, they are very often on the bench even if they're fit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45653: Aug 04, 2021 10:03:48 am

I hope you're wrong, but even if we don't sign the couple of players we're all looking for, it's not that terrible. It's an issue if both Mane and Firmino play at the same level as last year.

However, I don't know why Konate would start alongside VVD. Matip and Gomez have always been very good, and the fee we spent does not mean he will start for sure. We spent more on Keita and Ox. Still, they are very often on the bench even if they're fit.

We all have to wait and see mate but as good as Joe & Joel are and have been I can see a Virgil/Konate partnership develop as the season grows, I think we will see all 4 feature as JĆ¼rgen rotates but the go to pairing for me will be V&K,

I get your concerns regarding both Ox & Naby, however, Both have shown encouraging signs in pre season that corners have been turned in regards to their health & fitness and of course confidence, last season neither featured or were unavailable for selection due to injuries and/or lack of form,

I may well indeed be wrong but it just feels different this pre season and reminds me of the vibes I had in season 19/20, and that didn't turn out to bad did it ?

For the record, I think we are owed something,  we couldn't celebrate our title win properly,  we were denied the winners parade and celebrations with the fans, and our defence of our title was scuppered by that c**t Pickford and not forgetting the ABH on Thiago by his dirty b***ard team mate,

So I believe the lads will remember all of that and will be absolutely determined to put it right,  in 19/20 they showed a hunger and desire to get over the line, this season they'll be ravenous!!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,017 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45654: Aug 04, 2021 10:23:29 am

Reading between lines eejit means idiot, least thats how i read it.

Quick Reply