Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4319256 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #6233: Jul 29, 2013 11:51:11 am
      Well Johnson cost us 17 million as I recall.

All things being equal, we would therefore need to spend 17 million + a pound to get a "better" player at left back.

Why can't we do that?

Because for years we have been wasting money paying Champion's League wages to players who aren't giving Champion's League performances.

So in order to save enough money to bring in big name players we have to get value for money for the players we already have - instead of wasting it.

Is it making any sense yet?

So decimating the squad is the solution.
      Unfortunately that particular remedy severely impacts on the team's success rate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6234: Jul 29, 2013 11:55:14 am
      Would like to see us raid City for Suarez.
      Linked with a move to Barcelona.

Probably one of the best youth players wasted at City.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6235: Jul 29, 2013 12:04:00 pm
      It would make perfect sense but for 3 reasons:

1) Our turnover is near identical to when we had CL because of increased tv and advertising revenue

2) Johnson extended his contract when we had been out of CL already so the money is there

3) For all these cuts we havent actually managed to bring in these top players that are part of this plan.

Until one of the above changes I am gonna be withdrawing my support of fsg not LFC.

Right - so LFC do badly it's FSG's fault, but if LFC do well they have nothing to do with the success and you don't have to admit you were wrong?

Makes a lot of sense....
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6236: Jul 29, 2013 12:08:08 pm
      So decimating the squad is the solution.
      Unfortunately that particular remedy severely impacts on the team's success rate.

Peter, is that you?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/world_football/2745259.stm
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #6237: Jul 29, 2013 01:23:00 pm
      Right - so LFC do badly it's FSG's fault, but if LFC do well they have nothing to do with the success and you don't have to admit you were wrong?

Makes a lot of sense....

When LFC do well under FSG they will be praised but we are still 7th under them with no signs of moving forward.

Their plan is working with removing big earners but the savings are not being put towards top replacements/additions

Does that make sense to you??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6238: Jul 29, 2013 01:33:16 pm

The random wum, as negative as ever in his quest to assert his unquestionable literary superiority on anyone that dare question his assertions.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065: It's gotta be you dickhead.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6239: Jul 29, 2013 01:43:27 pm
      When LFC do well under FSG they will be praised but we are still 7th under them with no signs of moving forward.

Their plan is working with removing big earners but the savings are not being put towards top replacements/additions

Might do if we had not signed a string of contract extensions and increased the wages of our key players.

IE we are happy to pay "big earners" if they are giving us big performances - we are NOT removing them all from the wage structure - in other words we need more Countinhos and less Joe Coles -this is entirely in line with the plans they have previously stated and makes good sense all round.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6240: Jul 29, 2013 01:44:23 pm
      The random wum, as negative as ever in his quest to assert his unquestionable literary superiority on anyone that dare question his assertions.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065: It's gotta be you dickhead.

Yes, sorry to challenge your bullshit with logic and reason - it must be uncomfortable for you  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6241: Jul 29, 2013 02:04:21 pm

The sense in that statement screams out and our lack of tenable progress is undeniable proof of the assertion.
      FSG have decimated squad numbers which of course will impact on the wage figures, favourably in their opinion of course.

Whether these measures benefit the club in a footballing sense is debateable, the owners have appointed a manager to apply their version of running LFC and all that entails, of course the manager is totally receptive to their vision of the future for LFC; the veracity of that premise would have been established prior to BR's appointment.

So there we have it, FSG's plans for the team are not up for dispute, they have BR in situ to ensure that is the case.
      Apparently mid-table obscurity is an acceptable price to pay for the dubious status that implies.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6242: Jul 29, 2013 02:21:41 pm
      Yes, sorry to challenge your bullshit with logic and reason - it must be uncomfortable for you  ;)

How could you affect my demeanour in any way whatever?
      You are a sad, pretentious, attention seeker at best and a poisonous, spiteful human being at the other end of the scale.
      Walter Mitty immediately springs to mind and you flatter yourself if you think any of your assertions make the slightest bit of difference to my opinion or anything else.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6243: Jul 29, 2013 02:28:22 pm
      Glen is an attacking full back, in that his best work (which is at times absolutely world class) is done going forward. In order to reap the rewards of that, you need a team which is playing well (as we were towards the end of last season) and also a defence and goalkeeper combination which operates efficiently. Defensively he's only ever going to be good, and therefore you need the aforementioned unit to help him out.

Hopefully we'll have that solidity this season and Glen can prosper. He's without any shadow of a doubt one of our best players though, and is worth his wages without any question.

Agreed 'Mick.

Although some people won't see it that way; there are people who don't actually get 21st century formation and tactics; the type who still believe that we play with wingers; that a full-back should be just that and the type who would prefer to see a healthy bank balance than a trophy winning team.

A team, sorry... a team with genuine ambitions, should not be looking to put a team out based on cost rather than ability (IMO).
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6244: Jul 29, 2013 02:30:08 pm
      How could you affect my demeanour in any way whatever?
      You are a sad, pretentious, attention seeker at best and a poisonous, spiteful human being at the other end of the scale.
      Walter Mitty immediately springs to mind and you flatter yourself if you think any of your assertions make the slightest bit of difference to my opinion or anything else.

Ha ha ha - keep your knickers on, I've obviously hit a nerve! - trust me your posts have as little impact on me as you describe.

Oh, and sharpen your sentences up; it's incredibly boring wading through your verbose posts and getting to the end to find you had so little to say.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #6245: Jul 29, 2013 02:32:12 pm
      Would be more than happy to see Glen leave, not because of his wage though but because he's just sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6246: Jul 29, 2013 02:34:36 pm
      Would be more than happy to see Glen leave, not because of his wage though but because he's just sh*te.

That opinion and reason I can understand and respect mate, but how much do you believe that is the motivating factor in moving him on?

Just to give you some perspective before you reply, Brendan is quoted as saying "Glen is the best right back in the premier league."

But then again he also said Pepe Reina is world class both as a person and a goal keeper and he's currently out on loan.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6247: Jul 29, 2013 02:35:51 pm
      Ha ha ha - keep your knickers on, I've obviously hit a nerve! - trust me your posts have as little impact on me as you describe.

Oh, and sharpen your sentences up; it's incredibly boring wading through your verbose posts and getting to the end to find you had so little to say.

Good to see your spelling has improved.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6248: Jul 29, 2013 02:43:12 pm

Er, thanks  :D

Look forward to extending the same compliment to you one (distant) day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6249: Jul 29, 2013 03:35:04 pm
      trust me your posts have as little impact on me as you describe.

Look forward to extending the same compliment to you one (distant) day.

This looks very much like off topic posting.

So stop.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #6250: Jul 29, 2013 03:39:43 pm

That opinion and reason I can understand and respect mate, but how much do you believe that is the motivating factor in moving him on?

Just to give you some perspective before you reply, Brendan is quoted as saying "Glen is the best right back in the premier league."

But then again he also said Pepe Reina is world class both as a person and a goal keeper and he's currently out on loan.

Has Johno been linked with a move away?  I scrolled through some of the posts, but for the most part all I can see is bickering.... 

I can't see BR selling him if I'm honest.  He fits his system perfectly, and he can cover LB very well when needed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #6251: Jul 29, 2013 03:41:45 pm

So stop.

Apologies JD 'twas a wee bit of after dinner amusement that played out too long.

Stopped with immediate effect.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2013 03:47:43 pm by stuey »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #6252: Jul 29, 2013 04:04:58 pm
      Has Johno been linked with a move away?  I scrolled through some of the posts, but for the most part all I can see is bickering.... 

I can't see BR selling him if I'm honest.  He fits his system perfectly, and he can cover LB very well when needed.

Load of BS with zero evidence to support these claims. Johno is going nowhere.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6253: Jul 29, 2013 04:08:13 pm

So stop.

My apologies - got a bit carried away.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #6254: Jul 29, 2013 05:37:45 pm

That is a very reasonable answer same with pepe and suarez etc. If you dont rate them and think we could do better thats fine, whatever it takes to improve.

But changing players over finances and then Brendan lying about it leaves me with a sour taste.

The honesty Pepe showed in his letter is more like what we need.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #6255: Jul 29, 2013 06:05:55 pm
      While I don't agree with how the Pepe situation was handled, Brendan can't very well be 100% truthful when discussing transfers now can he? Not to mention, things change quickly in the transfer market. Not letting Brendan off the hook but it's not a completely black/white situation when speaking to the media.

Quick Reply