Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199437 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #69: Jan 03, 2013 02:07:46 pm
      Ugghhh

LFC Transfer Spec ā€@LFCTS
      Gary Jacob quotes Tony Evans saying after Sturridge next will be Ince and a midfielder, young, not high profile

Don't have any problem with developing youth but really....we can't buy anyone that's not "young"?

I don't think it would hurt to have the right kind of high profile signing at this point.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Jan 03, 2013 02:12:37 pm
      Feels like Rodgers is myself playing Football Manager, I never buy anyone over 26 years old :D

Who could be that low profile young midfielder? Hopefully someone capable of having an impact in the 1st team, not simply adding to the reserves/youth side.

I was thinking that guy from Derby, forgot his name now, 17 year old sensation...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #71: Jan 03, 2013 02:16:31 pm
      To me if Ince is our other sure signing, I would like to see a proven performer along with him, not another young up and comer. Because regardless of Ince's good form this season, I still don't think he gets an automatic nod in the starting 11 and I'm skeptical about what he can contribute right away.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #72: Jan 03, 2013 02:17:52 pm
      Will Hughes? Saw him playing against Charlton last week. A tidy player, played just off the front man in that number ten role. Can slot in a great through ball and was pulling the strings for the first half an hour. Went missing after Charlton began to dominate and got subbed off in the end.

Heard from someone that Derby rated him at 12 million though? He's worth 3-4 I'd say.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #73: Jan 03, 2013 02:21:35 pm
      Heard from someone that Derby rated him at 12 million though?

Yeah, tell us another one Derby.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #74: Jan 03, 2013 02:24:50 pm
      Will Hughes? Saw him playing against Charlton last week. A tidy player, played just off the front man in that number ten role. Can slot in a great through ball and was pulling the strings for the first half an hour. Went missing after Charlton began to dominate and got subbed off in the end.

Heard from someone that Derby rated him at 12 million though? He's worth 3-4 I'd say.

Yeah, that's the one!
      I have no idea if it's him Tony Evans is supposedly talking about, I'm just speculating ;D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #75: Jan 03, 2013 04:49:07 pm
      Few rumours now that Fellaini is off to City. That could affect us this year if we wanna be competing higher up the table.

For ourselves, I'm sure the club did announce the Sturridge signing as our first signing, so it does sound like there will be more.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #76: Jan 03, 2013 04:49:56 pm
      Rodgers said: "There is nothing in the pipeline. It was never going to be a busy month for us and there are not too many players available who could come in and help and improve what we're doing.

Doesn't sound promising, hopefully he's bluffing.  :-\
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #77: Jan 03, 2013 04:51:27 pm
      Few rumours now that Fellaini is off to City. That could affect us this year if we wanna be competing higher up the table.

For ourselves, I'm sure the club did announce the Sturridge signing as our first signing, so it does sound like there will be more.
      Rodgers said: "There is nothing in the pipeline. It was never going to be a busy month for us and there are not too many players available who could come in and help and improve what we're doing.

Both of you are reading more into it then there really is. It's always been reported we would make 2 purchases and then try 1 or 2 loans. I don't think our business is done by any means, but you can't really believe everything you read as fact.

Could possibly be the one signing and one loan for all we know.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #78: Jan 03, 2013 06:43:09 pm

I hate how we are hanging on every word the manager says and looking for clues.

Hopefully, there is more to come in this window.  :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #79: Jan 03, 2013 06:56:09 pm
      Liverpool eye ex-Chelsea winger
      Liverpool are being linked with a move for former Chelsea winger Ricardo Quaresma in the Spanish press.

According to The Echo...

Quaresma, 29, is a free agent having terminated his deal with Turkish club Besiktas last month.

Despite a strong start at Besiktas he fell out of favour at the club and was released in December.

And now his agent Jorge Mendes, who also represents Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho, has offered the tricky winger to Liverpool, as well as to Valencia and Marseille.
      http://www.lfconline.com/feat/ed11/liverpool_eye_exchelsea_winger_776946/index.shtml

We were after Quaresma 5 years ago.
      Tricky ?  Too old.

Thats it.
      When no one else wants a player offer him to Liverpool.
      Theyre soft.
      They pay people Ā£ 90,000 a week to play in the reserves and their lovely agents lots of money.

Yum Yum.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #80: Jan 03, 2013 07:56:57 pm
      Levy is some operator.

Zeki Fryers was a defender at United that Spurs wanted, and as with the whole transfer scenario between 2 English clubs after a player is out of contract under the age pf 23, the deal goes to a tribunal. United wanted something like 6 million and Spurs wouldn't pay it so they left it at that, even after Fryers had played a friendly game for Spurs underage team. Anyways he went off to Standard Liege for free, as it was not 2 English clubs. Now Spurs have just bought Fryers from Standard Liege for a lot less money than they would have had to 6 months previous. Hardly a coincidence! :f_whistle:
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #81: Jan 03, 2013 08:01:58 pm
      Levy is some operator.

Zeki Fryers was a defender at United that Spurs wanted, and as with the whole transfer scenario between 2 English clubs after a player is out of contract under the age pf 23, the deal goes to a tribunal. United wanted something like 6 million and Spurs wouldn't pay it so they left it at that, even after Fryers had played a friendly game for Spurs underage team. Anyways he went off to Standard Liege for free, as it was not 2 English clubs. Now Spurs have just bought Fryers from Standard Liege for a lot less money than they would have had to 6 months previous. Hardly a coincidence! :f_whistle:
      Never want to have any type of deals with them.
      Rumours that the made an agreement with Holtby too. Quality player that.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #82: Jan 03, 2013 08:49:56 pm
      So sturridge that should have been done in the summer to replace Carroll happens now and it's become our January business??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #83: Jan 03, 2013 09:06:18 pm
      So sturridge that should have been done in the summer to replace Carroll happens now and it's become our January business??

When was Sturridge going to replace Carroll outright?

I thought the Sturridge deal in the summer was supposed to be a loan.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #84: Jan 03, 2013 11:27:52 pm
      Well he's carrolls  replacement that we never got in the summer

Hope to god we don't get ince or that'll be next summers budget gone too..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #85: Jan 03, 2013 11:46:47 pm
      When was Sturridge going to replace Carroll outright?

I thought the Sturridge deal in the summer was supposed to be a loan.

Apparently Brendan wanted to buy him in the summer but they wanted over Ā£18m so he went for the loan  but Sturridge didn't want a loan deal. 
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #86: Jan 04, 2013 12:02:21 am
      Fulham and QPR ready to pounce as Tottenham prepare to sell midfielder Livermore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256857/Tottenham-sell-Jake-Livermore.html

Didn't actually notice that these two had been sidelined by AVB

Livermore would fit the youth profile and would more than make up for the loss of Sahin.

BenoƮt Assou-Ekotto has also been struggling to find minutes, which I find pretty shocking. He's a great player and a perfect fit for our game.

What do you guys think? I mean besides moaning about the supposed lack of money.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #87: Jan 04, 2013 12:07:44 am
      Both BAE and Livermore are very average players IMO and not what I believe we need to push us up the table
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #88: Jan 04, 2013 01:05:48 am
      Pato gone back to Corinthians for the same fee we purchased Sturridge for.

Had a shocking year with injuries but no doubt has bags of potential and I would snap him up in a second.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #89: Jan 04, 2013 01:36:56 am
      West Ham set to unveil a new deadly duo. Watch the league quake in terror at the mere thought of facing Joe Cole and Marouane Chamakh!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: Jan 04, 2013 02:23:25 am
      Fulham and QPR ready to pounce as Tottenham prepare to sell midfielder Livermore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256857/Tottenham-sell-Jake-Livermore.html

Didn't actually notice that these two had been sidelined by AVB

Livermore would fit the youth profile and would more than make up for the loss of Sahin.

BenoƮt Assou-Ekotto has also been struggling to find minutes, which I find pretty shocking. He's a great player and a perfect fit for our game.

What do you guys think? I mean besides moaning about the supposed lack of money.

Please go feed other forums with bollocks. These are two of the most average players in the entire league, I'm sure you don't actually support Liverpool!

Pato gone back to Corinthians for the same fee we purchased Sturridge for.

Had a shocking year with injuries but no doubt has bags of potential and I would snap him up in a second.

To be fair though I think there is more to the deal that meets the eye, for example: the fact that he has been sold to a club that Milan will never play in a meaningful game therefore he is less threat to them in the future and plus the fact that Milan will need the money ASAP for any replacement they can conjure up.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #91: Jan 04, 2013 02:57:54 am

To be fair though I think there is more to the deal that meets the eye, for example: the fact that he has been sold to a club that Milan will never play in a meaningful game therefore he is less threat to them in the future and plus the fact that Milan will need the money ASAP for any replacement they can conjure up.

And that affects us how?

Quick Reply