Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179016 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2012 05:15:39 pm
      I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed that we don't seem to be in the hunt for Zaha :(  The lad looks a real gem of a player, and he is able to play out wide or through the middle.  He would be a great addition to our forward line. 

I'll be happy if our only business is adding Sturridge and Ince, but I'd be thrilled if we could also manage to lure Zaha to Anfield!!

Zaha is one of the few young English players that I think could really improve us. He's been brilliant for Palace this season.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2012 05:23:02 pm
      Admittedly he didnt in the article but he did say the premier league

benitez at chelsea not sure if they ever made up, hed never go to manure, arsenal with arteta already so its man city and us as i see it with man city already having bought javi garcia.

I think wed be mad not to get alonso better than anything we have and a real statement of intent imo

Ok I'll say it once

Alonso will not come back to us.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2012 05:25:59 pm
      Ok I'll say it once

He probobly would if he was asked!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2012 05:26:46 pm
      Ok I'll say it once

Eh he didnt say that you did. He said hes open to a PL move. I think theres prob 2-3 teams he would actually go to and we are one of them.

From ALONSO's mouth himself last summer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394769/Xabi-Alonso-misses-Liverpool-targets-Anfield-return.html

Give that message to J henry for me NESV lacky
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2012 05:30:53 pm
      Alonso won't be coming back to the prem

It's prob easier to focus on targets that are actually realistic and that we have a chance of getting
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2012 05:34:32 pm
      Alonso won't be coming back to the prem

It's prob easier to focus on targets that are actually realistic and that we have a chance of getting

you obviously cant read, rodgers said we need experience, xabi said hes open to a return i mean how difficult do we have to make it to be successful again????
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2012 05:52:38 pm
      you obviously cant read, rodgers said we need experience, xabi said hes open to a return i mean how difficult do we have to make it to be successful again????

Xabi said he misses us 2 years ago

Why build up your expectations for us to get Xabi then when it obviously doesn't happen you will start to have tantrums around the forum

Madrid for one won't sell him - lets not forget that small little detail

Xabi can say lots of things - what actually happens is a different matter

Be realistic ok. Alonso isn't going to leave Madrid
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2012 05:53:13 pm
      Ah.. this romance for our ex-players again...!

Getting Xabi on a free transfer "may be" fine, may be a 2-year deal and if the wages are acceptable for our structure but would still doubt it considering FSG's stern NO to 30+ players.. There was ONE Gary McAllister and that's it..

It would be a wiser option to start playing Sahin regularly in his preferred deep-lying play-maker role and guess what, he could be the one who fills Xabi's void
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2012 07:31:27 pm
      Demba Ba talks broken down apparently. He must be holding out for a mega deal.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2012 07:35:43 pm
      Demba Ba talks broken down apparently. He must be holding out for a mega deal.

Would prefer Ba over Sturridge
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2012 07:44:39 pm
      That's a good signing for Reading - I remember this lad 4/5 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20879287
      Reading sign Sporting Lisbon captain Daniel Carrico

Reading have signed Sporting Lisbon captain Daniel Carrico.

The 24-year-old former Portugal Under-21 defender has signed an initial 18-month contract, with the option of a further year after that.

Carrico, who had made only two appearances for Sporting this season because of his contractual situation, will join the Royals later this week. He wrote an open letter to Sporting's fans on the club's official website.

"It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell message," it read. "I'm leaving the club of my heart, where I had the privilege of graduating through the youth ranks and serving for several years.

"I'm leaving because I understand that I am at a stage in my career when I have to take chances. Moreover, the proposed project is extremely exciting to me and know I can succeed."

Reading are second-bottom of the Premier League, five points adrift of safety. They face Spurs at White Hart Lane on New Year's Day, before facing West Brom.

Carrico was out of contract in June, with Reading paying £609,000 for him, according to the Portuguese side.

A Reading statement read: "Carrico is a versatile player who can play in the centre of defence as well as in midfield."

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2012 08:14:55 pm
      I have no idea the reputation of this online news source, never heard of it before, but I came across this story and thought it interesting as far as the numbers being tossed around.

BRENDAN RODGERS HAS BUCKS TO BUY DANIEL STURRIDGE IN £40M SHAKE-UP
      Brendan Rodgers wants to bring Sturridge to Anfield

Brendan Rodgers wants to bring Sturridge to Anfield

Sunday December 23,2012
      By Phil Cadden

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(0)

BRENDAN RODGERS will be handed £40million by his board as he prepares to overhaul his Liverpool team.

The Reds boss has convinced owners Fenway Sports Group he needs big money for the task.

And after being impressed with Rodgers’ management skills in a testing six months in charge, the Americans are ready to open the cheque book. First through the door will be Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge in a £12m deal that should be tied up in the first week in January when the transfer window opens.

And he will be followed into Anfield by Blackpool’s Thomas Ince as Rodgers attempts to bring back the 20-year-old let go for a pittance by Kenny Dalglish 18 months ago.

Including wages and the rise handed to 18-year-old winger Raheem Sterling this week – said to be from £2,000 to £40,000 a week – those deals will eat up nearly two thirds of the budget.

ì
      The Reds boss has convinced owners Fenway Sports Group he needs big money for the task
      î

But there will still be enough left for Rodgers to swoop for Birmingham’s goalkeeper Jack Butland.

The youngster has already played for England, and the Kop boss sees him a perfect replacement for Pepe Reina, who is now 30.

And the rest of the cash will be splashed out on snapping up French defender Nicolas Isimat Mirin. The stopper, 21, is available for a cut-price fee as he only has 18 months remaining on his deal at French Ligue 1 club Valenciennes.

Rodgers could raise more money if he can offload players but there have been few takers for the likes of former Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing and ex-Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson.
      http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/366714/Brendan-Rodgers-has-bucks-to-buy-Daniel-Sturridge-in-40m-shake-up
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Dec 31, 2012 08:32:00 pm
      See we're still persisting with this bollocks about including wage rises as part of any "war chest" stumped up by our generous owners. What about all the wages Brendan has saved? Include those, and he's spending the equivalent to Starbucks Uk tax bill over the last decade.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36: Dec 31, 2012 08:33:44 pm
      See we're still persisting with this bollocks about including wage rises as part of any "war chest" stumped up by our generous owners. What about all the wages Brendan has saved? Include those, and he's spending the equivalent to Starbucks Uk tax bill over the last decade.

I agree, wage rises shouldn't be part of any transfer monies.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #37: Dec 31, 2012 08:50:35 pm

Wasn't having a pop at you mate, sorry if it came accross that way. It's a tendency that's crept into discussions about our spending only over the last four or five years.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #38: Dec 31, 2012 08:51:57 pm

Ah here not back to this sh*t again.. first i seen 40m and thought i was eating my words then heard signing an academy player on a professional contract is taking up 2/3 of our wages!!

This war chest wouldnt burst us out of a wet paper bag
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2012 08:52:35 pm
      Wasn't having a pop at you mate, sorry if it came accross that way. It's a tendency that's crept into discussions about our spending only over the last four or five years.

Oh, no, didn't see it that way at all, I was merely trumpeting what you said. Albeit in a decidely generic way :)

That's one reason I thought the article was interesting, in how the numbers were being tossed about.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #40: Dec 31, 2012 10:51:10 pm
      My only concern about the players we have been linked to, no matter how tenuous is that they are mostly attackers. Still feel we need a creative midfielder.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #41: Dec 31, 2012 11:32:07 pm
      So if we hypothetically gave credence to every single player linked to us, then our best case scenario first XI come February 1 could be:

Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas Gerrard
      Sneijder
      Walcott Gameiro Suarez

Not bad if you ask me.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2013 06:47:23 am
      STILL not signed anyone...... how long are we expected to wait!!!!!

:)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2013 10:39:21 am
      STILL not signed anyone...... how long are we expected to wait!!!!!

:)
      I know it's a disgrace:-)
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2013 02:15:00 pm
      Walcot resumed contract negotiations with Arsenal. #

Good for them.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2013 03:57:13 pm
      Walcot resumed contract negotiations with Arsenal. #

Good for them.
      One of the very few English player I'd love to see play for us mate, but seem it's not happen.
      If it's me, try our best to offload Cole and Downing free the wage for Walcott. I also would use money that rumored we will spend on Tom Ince for Walcott instead.
      Only thing to worry about Walcott is his injuries record, but it's worth a risk imho.

Quick Reply