Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179572 times
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #46: Jan 01, 2013 04:03:56 pm
      One of the very few English player I'd love to see play for us mate, but seem it's not happen.
      If it's me, try our best to offload Cole and Downing free the wage for Walcott. I also would use money that rumored we will spend on Tom Ince for Walcott instead.
      Only thing to worry about Walcott is his injuries record, but it's worth a risk imho.
      But the thing is if he is available big clubs will be there for him. I don't think we have either financial or CL attraction to compete with the likes of chelsea,city and utd. I would like to see him at arsenal than him playing for utd or chelsea.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #47: Jan 01, 2013 04:32:57 pm
      But the thing is if he is available big clubs will be there for him. I don't think we have either financial or CL attraction to compete with the likes of chelsea,city and utd. I would like to see him at arsenal than him playing for utd or chelsea.
      But IMHO mate, IF and big IF LFC let him know we truly want him and try enough to sign him then we has better chance to get him. With us he will have less competitors than at Chelsea, City, Utd and even at Arsenal.
      Re UCL I believe we should persuade him to come and help us make it, UCL and aim for EPL title.

Another point is I'm not sure how him (and the world) think about LFC under BR and FSG, and that's one major factor for player decision to join us or not.

And, HNY everyone RED bothers and sisters :D 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #48: Jan 02, 2013 02:22:09 pm
      Seems strangely quiet. Really thought we'd have heard something on Sturridge by now....I had really hoped we would have had some business sorted very early in the window. We don't have time to be dragging transactions out until the end of the month.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #49: Jan 02, 2013 02:24:55 pm
      Newcastle have just said they've given Ba permission to speak to Chelsea; won't be in their squad tonight.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Jan 02, 2013 02:29:08 pm
      Newcastle have just said they've given Ba permission to speak to Chelsea; won't be in their squad tonight.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial

#NUFC have given Demba Ba permission to speak to Chelsea. As a result he won't be included in tonight's squad. More on http://nufc.co.uk

Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight's game against Everton.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130102/club-statement-demba-ba_2281670_3024928
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #51: Jan 02, 2013 07:09:02 pm
      Armero has been doing well for Udinese I think.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #52: Jan 02, 2013 07:32:17 pm
      Armero has been doing well for Udinese I think.

Weren't we rumored to be in for him when Kenny was still in charge?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #53: Jan 02, 2013 09:49:37 pm
      Cheeky bid for Di Natale perhaps?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Jan 02, 2013 09:55:56 pm
      Anyone any ideas for a left wing back who is affordable? we need someone in there IMO.

The LB from Frankfurt, he's Bundesliga assists leader so far, can't spell his name without help from wikipedia though, and am not arsed to look :P
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2013 10:42:28 pm
      The LB from Frankfurt, he's Bundesliga assists leader so far, can't spell his name without help from wikipedia though, and am not arsed to look :P

Would that be Bastian Oczipka? He does alright in FIFA13 ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2013 10:47:25 pm
      Would that be Bastian Oczipka? He does alright in FIFA13 ;)

Thats the one!
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #57: Jan 02, 2013 10:58:10 pm
      I've tried to bring him up before, his stats are outstanding. He's among the top dribblers in Germany right now, and last I checked he has 8 assists, extremely good for a pretty crap team other than him. Frankfurts entire transfer budget is about 7 million pounds.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #58: Jan 02, 2013 11:25:32 pm
      Bastos from lyon
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Jan 02, 2013 11:28:14 pm
      Lahm is alright. ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #60: Jan 02, 2013 11:30:53 pm
      Rodgers saying that there is nothing imminent after Sturridge. Don't like the sound of that, hopefully he's just trying not to tip his hand but I was under the impression from some of his earlier statements that we'd get at least 2 players maybe 3.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Jan 02, 2013 11:47:07 pm
      Rodgers saying that there is nothing imminent after Sturridge. Don't like the sound of that, hopefully he's just trying not to tip his hand but I was under the impression from some of his earlier statements that we'd get at least 2 players maybe 3.

I'd rather him say that to be honest after the whole Dempsey fiasco in the summer. This way he doesn't shoot himself or the club in the foot if the deal for a certain player doesn't come off
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #62: Jan 02, 2013 11:48:12 pm
      I'd rather him say that to be honest after the whole Dempsey fiasco in the summer. This way he doesn't shoot himself or the club in the foot if the deal for a certain player doesn't come off

Probably right.

Guess I had my hopes up too high that we might be real busy the first week of the window here. Patience has never been my virtue ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #63: Jan 03, 2013 12:11:21 pm
      FFS Sounds like Charlie Austin is off to the blues**te!

Charlie Austin is now 5/4 (from 3/1) to join Everton in January, with contenders for his signature thought to be few and far between. Newcastle are 6/1 while QPR are 8/1 – but the Toffees are clear favourites to sign the Burnley striker.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #64: Jan 03, 2013 12:14:44 pm
      Can't be bothered finding the article, but Stevie mentioned how we need more than just Sturridge in this window. You'd assume he has his finger on the pulse, so hopefully there is 1 or 2 more to come this window.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #65: Jan 03, 2013 12:27:42 pm
      Bit of bluff from Rodgers if you ask me.hope so anyway.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #66: Jan 03, 2013 01:46:41 pm
      Liverpool eye ex-Chelsea winger
      Liverpool are being linked with a move for former Chelsea winger Ricardo Quaresma in the Spanish press.

According to The Echo...

Quaresma, 29, is a free agent having terminated his deal with Turkish club Besiktas last month.

Despite a strong start at Besiktas he fell out of favour at the club and was released in December.

And now his agent Jorge Mendes, who also represents Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho, has offered the tricky winger to Liverpool, as well as to Valencia and Marseille.
      http://www.lfconline.com/feat/ed11/liverpool_eye_exchelsea_winger_776946/index.shtml
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #67: Jan 03, 2013 01:47:14 pm
      Can't see Balotelli staying at City. Had a bust up with Mancini this morning in training.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256586/Mario-Balotelli-Roberto-Mancini-training-ground-fight.html
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #68: Jan 03, 2013 02:04:26 pm

He's certainly a headline maker, personally think this looks worse on Mancini than Balotelli. Players can be a bit hot headed in a challenge even on a training ground, it should never come to the point where the coach and a player need to be restrained and from the pictures it looked like Mancini saw the red mist more than Balotelli.

There's an awesome player hidden beneath all the antics but I don't think you'll ever be able to suppress the antics enough to let the player flourish, shame because he does have that something extra you look for that is so rare. The problem Balotelli faces is where can he go where they can realistically afford to take that chance on him, unless he took a huge wage cut of course.

Quick Reply