Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4213744 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15778: Aug 01, 2014 01:44:36 pm
      I'd snap QPR's hands off for £5m.

Same here, in effect it'd be a £10m sale what with saved wages and that. £5m towards his replacement and his wages potentially covered for the first year.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #15779: Aug 01, 2014 01:50:37 pm
      According to Macca Liverpool Rumors, (pretty sh*te I guess)

Konoplyanka could be back on and it'll be Bony instead of Remy

Would make sense. BR wanted him 6 months ago. He's far too good for Fat Sams Hammers that's for sure.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15780: Aug 01, 2014 01:52:00 pm
      Would make sense. BR wanted him 6 months ago. He's far too good for Fat Sams Hammers that's for sure.

If it comes to fruition, our front-3 would be

Markovic/Sturridge - Bony/Lambert - Sterling/Konoplyanka

heck lotta pace from the wide forwards..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15781: Aug 01, 2014 01:55:12 pm

Sturridge on the wing? No thanks! If it ain't broke...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15782: Aug 01, 2014 01:57:08 pm
      Wasn't part of his contract that, when he entered the last year, his wages would be cut? Maybe they aren't as high as 'we' believe s@int.

I suppose it depends what you call high mate :)

Liverpool yet to reach agreement on new contract for Glen Johnson

Andy Hunter   

theguardian.com, Monday 19 May 2014 22.30 BST

Liverpool have yet to reach agreement on a new contract for Glen Johnson, with the defender seeking a longer deal than is currently on the table.

The England right-back enters the final 12 months of a £120,000-a-week contract this summer and has been offered an extra year by Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group.

FSG has reduced Liverpool's wage bill under the manager, Brendan Rodgers, but it is the length of the deal that has caused the impasse with the 29-year-old, who wants his contract extended beyond 2016.

Rodgers is not planning to offload Johnson this summer in the event of the contract remaining unsigned, with additions in central defence and left-back a greater priority.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/19/liverpool-new-contract-glen-johnson

Or maybe only £110k pw ?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-no-new-deal-7133454

I am not sure he has a reduced contract mate, he was supposedly offered a reduced contract last year but turned it down, apparently this season he was offered a one year deal on the same terms (£110/120k pw) but turned that down too.

I did read that he had reduced wages in his final year, but his original wages were £140k pw..... I know I found that hard to believe too!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209134/REVEALED-Liverpool-handed-Glen-Johnson-139-000-week-deal-beat-competition-Chelsea.html

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #15783: Aug 01, 2014 01:58:00 pm

Kono would be like a poor mans Reus signing but would be a decent addition for under £15 mill. Maybe Ayre can go covert and smuggle him out of the Ukraine on his way back from Spain?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #15784: Aug 01, 2014 02:01:10 pm
      If Arsenal buy Quintero and Chelsea buy Cavani Podolski and Schurrle may become available. Pod is older and on high wages but can be an excellent short term solution to our back up forward problem. Schurrle is very good indeed and Chelsea may not sell to us but again he is versatile and has played in the false 9 position before

Schurrle is class but no way Mourinho would sell him as he is a perfect Mourinho player.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15785: Aug 01, 2014 02:05:53 pm
      Sturridge on the wing? No thanks! If it ain't broke...

Dude.. its not like I put him on the wings.. I just listed our forward options. The primary-3 could very well be

Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling

Happy now?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15786: Aug 01, 2014 02:10:14 pm
      Dude.. its not like I put him on the wings.. I just listed our forward options. The primary-3 could very well be

Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling

Happy now?

People get too hung up on positions when the fact is our front 3 (assuming a 433) will all rotate, so at times Sturridge will be out wide.
      It still doesn't mean he's being played as a winger.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15787: Aug 01, 2014 03:34:53 pm
      Anyone else seen this?

Manchester United are closing in on a £20m move for Germany World Cup winner Mats Hummels, 25, with Borussia Dortmund hoping to replace the defender with Liverpool's 21-year-old Tiago Ilori in a loan deal. Daily Mirror

Ilori seems to be a super talent, I would love to see him given a chance at LFC... but if B-Rod (;D) doesn't plan to use him very often, then playing for Dortmund could be a great experience (if he's going to start games there)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #15788: Aug 01, 2014 03:39:31 pm
      So who do folk think will leave? if (and it's probably a big if) we bring in Moreno, Manquillo and another forward, I reckon we'll get rid of a few players.

I worked out what my first Xl and 7 subs would be and I was left with Agger, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Enrique, Borini, Kelly, Ibe and Suso not even making the bench. Now I know we talk about strength in depth but I really can't see these players settling for a place in reserves, particularly the first 4 or 5. I reckon we'll lose quite a few before the window closes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15789: Aug 01, 2014 03:56:34 pm
      So who do folk think will leave? if (and it's probably a big if) we bring in Moreno, Manquillo and another forward, I reckon we'll get rid of a few players.

I worked out what my first Xl and 7 subs would be and I was left with Agger, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Enrique, Borini, Kelly, Ibe and Suso not even making the bench. Now I know we talk about strength in depth but I really can't see these players settling for a place in reserves, particularly the first 4 or 5. I reckon we'll lose quite a few before the window closes.

We don't have 18 players and then the rest get put in the reserves. We have a 25+ man squad and they all get used at some point and that will be explained to them. Also, just because some of those players may not make a match day squad from time to time doesn't mean they will be placed in the reserves. That's not how things work. They will settle for whatever Brendan says because he's the boss, they don't have a say in the matter unless they do end up leaving.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #15790: Aug 01, 2014 04:13:59 pm
      We don't have 18 players and then the rest get put in the reserves. We have a 25+ man squad and they all get used at some point and that will be explained to them. Also, just because some of those players may not make a match day squad from time to time doesn't mean they will be placed in the reserves. That's not how things work. They will settle for whatever Brendan says because he's the boss, they don't have a say in the matter unless they do end up leaving.
      Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing of note.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15791: Aug 01, 2014 05:13:30 pm
      So it looks like we're getting Moreno and Manquillo, while I don't know loads about either of them, at least we're ending up bringing in reinforcements in key areas like that.
      Wouldn't complain about one or two more signings too.. not long until the season starts.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15792: Aug 01, 2014 05:32:00 pm
      Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing of note.

Coming from the person who posted drivel about how people will be put in the reserves if they don't make a match squad :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15793: Aug 01, 2014 05:42:37 pm
      Whats the craic lads? Moreno and Manquillo in Johnson out the latest is it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15794: Aug 01, 2014 06:18:57 pm
      Just for the craic I looked up what our targets were under Hodgson!! Wow what a difference 4 years makes!!

The targets then were Carlton Cole, Ola Toivonen, Conor Wickham, Ashley Young, Charles N'Zogbia, Adil Ramy, Rod Fanni! To be fair the article also said we "ran the rule" over Eden Hazard.

Although we wont sign a lot of the players linked just look at the difference in class..Lavezzi, Reus, Shaqiri, Moreno, Bony, Remy, Isco, Vidal, Gaitan, Balotelli, Turan, Tello, Di Maria, Martinez, Benzema, Lukaku, Sanchez.....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #15795: Aug 01, 2014 06:44:26 pm
      Coming from the person who posted drivel about how people will be put in the reserves if they don't make a match squad :D
      :tosser:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #15796: Aug 01, 2014 07:01:01 pm
      Just for the craic I looked up what our targets were under Hodgson!! Wow what a difference 4 years makes!!

The targets then were Carlton Cole, Ola Toivonen, Conor Wickham, Ashley Young, Charles N'Zogbia, Adil Ramy, Rod Fanni! To be fair the article also said we "ran the rule" over Eden Hazard.

Although we wont sign a lot of the players linked just look at the difference in class..Lavezzi, Reus, Shaqiri, Moreno, Bony, Remy, Isco, Vidal, Gaitan, Balotelli, Turan, Tello, Di Maria, Martinez, Benzema, Lukaku, Sanchez.....

Could go 1 further and look at the players signed that summer vs this summer. To my recollection it was Konchesky, Poulsen, Wilson, and Meireles vs Lambert, Lallana, Markovic, Can, and Lovren. Meireles was the only one who would stand a chance at playing in our current team!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15797: Aug 01, 2014 07:03:32 pm

Yet we still end up with Lambert  :lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #15798: Aug 01, 2014 07:49:35 pm

For peanuts.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15799: Aug 01, 2014 07:52:12 pm
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15800: Aug 01, 2014 07:59:48 pm

For four million getting an excellent striker. Whats the problem? Anyone who got over 20 goals + assists in the PL two years in a row is a very good player. He's getting older so I don't expect quite the same level of excellence, but seriously you have to be pretty mental to think that getting Lambert for four million is in anyway bad.

Quick Reply