Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208555 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #16859: Aug 14, 2014 08:37:16 pm
      Off topic a bit
      Why do Liverpool players get always a shitty ratings from EA , just watching a demo game on FIFA between Dortmund and Liverpool , seem that even in video games people rate our players so sh*t ffs ! 

and this is to do with signings???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16860: Aug 14, 2014 08:45:26 pm
      So with two days till the start of the season, we've 'invested' £70,000 into the transfer budget.

Ha ha.

70k more than in January.
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #16861: Aug 14, 2014 09:45:30 pm
      I hear PSG told Lavezzi that he can leave after he didn't agree to new contract.
      He impressed during world cup final. If he had played the whole game, Argentina could've won. He was very good in that first half.
      If we could get him for 20 million or less, that would be nice.
      Oh and since fifa was mentioned on here, he has 85 rating on fifa.  ;)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16862: Aug 14, 2014 11:48:37 pm
      I hear PSG told Lavezzi that he can leave after he didn't agree to new contract.
      He impressed during world cup final. If he had played the whole game, Argentina could've won. He was very good in that first half.
      If we could get him for 20 million or less, that would be nice.
      Oh and since fifa was mentioned on here, he has 85 rating on fifa.  ;)

He's a very good player but the problem is that right now LFC needs a goal scorer, not another creative player and the price quoted for him considering his age does not represent good value for money. In short, he's not the right player at the right time for this club.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16863: Aug 14, 2014 11:52:39 pm
      All quiet then?

I say the club take the £15m we were 'going to spend'  ;) on Konoplayanko, in January, use it to both subsidise the traveling Kop and get a round in for everyone at the saints game...

Saying as we're not using it like.  :ernaehrung004:

Oh, don't worry. We're using it. Just on Linda so John can get his hole.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #16864: Aug 15, 2014 12:48:30 am
      He's a very good player but the problem is that right now LFC needs a goal scorer, not another creative player and the price quoted for him considering his age does not represent good value for money. In short, he's not the right player at the right time for this club.

If the boss wants him I will trust his judgement over yours that he is the right player at the right time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16865: Aug 15, 2014 03:30:05 am
      Illori could move to either Bordeaux or Cardiff say some journos.

Considering Ole Gunnar couldn't care less about Liverpool then I guess he can F**k off.
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #16866: Aug 15, 2014 06:03:57 am
      I also hear that we are after a loan deal for Sergio Romero. He might be enough competition for Mignolet to step up.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #16867: Aug 15, 2014 06:50:16 am
      I also hear that we are after a loan deal for Sergio Romero. He might be enough competition for Mignolet to step up.

Don't. The spacking out will commence over the rumoured 'loan'.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16868: Aug 15, 2014 09:24:39 am
      Don't. The spacking out will commence over the rumoured 'loan'.

One thing I will say about this situation is that it's incredibly uncommon for a second choice goalkeeper - can't see him replacing Mignolet - to come in on loan instead of being bought. For the loan to become a permanent signing he would have to play regularly and one thing I won't enjoy this season is rotating goalkeepers every other game.

Offer Sampdoria £2-3m and see what their reply is.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16869: Aug 15, 2014 10:02:35 am
      If the boss wants him I will trust his judgement over yours that he is the right player at the right time.

That's the problem right there. Blind trust. Use your common sense. If Sturridge gets injured and we don't sign another goal scorer, where are the goals going to come from? Even if he doesn't, we're 33 goals down on last season. Lallana only scored 10 so our new improved defence needs to concede 23 goals less. That's ten less goals than City conceded last season who, incidentally, also outscored us. So for anyone with half a brain it's F***ing obvious we need another goal scorer  :roll:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #16870: Aug 15, 2014 10:57:51 am
      That's the problem right there. Blind trust. Use your common sense. If Sturridge gets injured and we don't sign another goal scorer, where are the goals going to come from? Even if he doesn't, we're 33 goals down on last season. Lallana only scored 10 so our new improved defence needs to concede 23 goals less. That's ten less goals than City conceded last season who, incidentally, also outscored us. So for anyone with half a brain it's f**king obvious we need another goal scorer  :roll:
      I don't quite understand everyone's obsession with replacing Luis' goals. Teams have won the league scoring far less than we did last season. It's clear Rodgers has targeted the defence as the area that needed to be improved, with 3 additions that will quite possibly start most games.

Regardless of who we bring in, I doubt we will match the scoring feats of last season. However I'm not worried about that, I'm concentrating on how many games we can win and how many points we can get, whether that is 1-0 or 5-0 is not something that we should be concerned with at the start of the season.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't bring a striker in by the way, because we absolutely should, but I still believe that our squad is strong enough that I'll be confident of a win each week, regardless of who we play.
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #16871: Aug 15, 2014 11:05:02 am
      I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Lavezzi  AND a striker
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16872: Aug 15, 2014 11:40:53 am
      That's the problem right there. Blind trust. Use your common sense. If Sturridge gets injured and we don't sign another goal scorer, where are the goals going to come from? Even if he doesn't, we're 33 goals down on last season. Lallana only scored 10 so our new improved defence needs to concede 23 goals less. That's ten less goals than City conceded last season who, incidentally, also outscored us. So for anyone with half a brain it's F***ing obvious we need another goal scorer  :roll:

And that's your problem right there, thinking you know better than the man who manages LFC.
      I hope you don't fondly imagine that you know something BR doesn't or that he hasn't thought of things that you have.
      He will have a plan, then a contingency plan, then a contingency plan for the contingency plan etc.

He knows far, far better than any of us exactly what he wants, and what to do if he can't get exactly what he wants, and that's where trusting the gaffer comes into it. It's nothing to do with blind trust and everything to do with knowing he has more information and knowledge that all of us combined.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16873: Aug 15, 2014 11:44:36 am
      One thing I will say about this situation is that it's incredibly uncommon for a second choice goalkeeper - can't see him replacing Mignolet - to come in on loan instead of being bought. For the loan to become a permanent signing he would have to play regularly and one thing I won't enjoy this season is rotating goalkeepers every other game.

Offer Sampdoria £2-3m and see what their reply is.

Cheap back up option though. Mignolet won't be displaced at this point so the best we can do is get better back up than Jones.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #16874: Aug 15, 2014 11:50:38 am
      That's the problem right there. Blind trust. Use your common sense. If Sturridge gets injured and we don't sign another goal scorer, where are the goals going to come from? Even if he doesn't, we're 33 goals down on last season. Lallana only scored 10 so our new improved defence needs to concede 23 goals less. That's ten less goals than City conceded last season who, incidentally, also outscored us. So for anyone with half a brain it's f**king obvious we need another goal scorer  :roll:
      You are right, Brendan is too stupid to have possibly thought of that and be planning for it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16875: Aug 15, 2014 12:59:40 pm
      Daily Mail reporting we are in for Guiseppe a Rossi.

I'm not one to be sucked in by a newspaper report but YES PLEASE :D
      diamondgixer
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #16876: Aug 15, 2014 01:14:06 pm
      Does any other dude on here think that LFC are this years Spurs? Mr Rogers has bought too many players... 2nd last year suggests that the addition of a few players to augment the squad would have been more desirable than the aimless spending spree that you have embarked on

epic fail on the cards
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16877: Aug 15, 2014 01:31:05 pm
      e are in for Guiseppe a Rossi.

I'm not one to be sucked in by a newspaper report but YES PLEASE

His agent has come out and said this isn't true though...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16878: Aug 15, 2014 01:38:53 pm

Ah an agent, the last of the truthful, honest people left on earth.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #16879: Aug 15, 2014 02:07:47 pm
      His agent has come out and said this isn't true though...

If I wanted a guide to the current situation the last person I'd ask would be an agent, I wouldn't ask him the price of eggs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16880: Aug 15, 2014 02:08:04 pm
      Ah an agent, the last of the truthful, honest people left on earth.  ;D

Along with journalists ;)
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #16881: Aug 15, 2014 02:13:10 pm
      Daily Mail reporting we are in for Guiseppe a Rossi.

I'm not one to be sucked in by a newspaper report but YES PLEASE :D

When was the last time he had an injury free season ???  Good little player, but his injury record is a big concern....

Quick Reply