Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207842 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17549: Aug 26, 2014 05:50:06 am
      We need to play with a DM in this team, I never liked Gerrard there although he has done fairly well there but when you compare what he does there and what Toure or Fernando did yesterday it's clear that he does not protect the defense well.

Song/Khedira?  I don't know, but unless we keep Lucas,we need a real DM in this team.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17550: Aug 26, 2014 06:24:03 am
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17551: Aug 26, 2014 02:18:49 pm
      Gutted he never fulfilled his early promise, was a massive fan but seem to tread water once he made the breakthrough. Wish him well wherever he ends up.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #17552: Aug 26, 2014 02:25:56 pm
      Was hoping that we would chase Khedira.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17553: Aug 26, 2014 02:48:42 pm
      A cheeky bid for Spurs' Dembele??!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17554: Aug 26, 2014 02:54:50 pm
      We need to play with a DM in this team, I never liked Gerrard there although he has done fairly well there but when you compare what he does there and what Toure or Fernando did yesterday it's clear that he does not protect the defense well.

Song/Khedira?  I don't know, but unless we keep Lucas,we need a real DM in this team.

I know this comment is your opinion mate but if you understood how Brendan wants us playing we won't be getting or using a true DM.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #17555: Aug 26, 2014 02:56:24 pm
      A cheeky bid for Spurs' Dembele??!

No not good enough. Zero point zero end product.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17556: Aug 26, 2014 07:17:33 pm
      I know this comment is your opinion mate but if you understood how Brendan wants us playing we won't be getting or using a true DM.

And therein lies the rub debs...

Playing with two 'marauding' full backs, high up the pitch, waiting on Stevie's long, diagonal ball is all good n well (setting aside it's predictability ) but it always leaves you vulnerable.

When you're outscoring teams that vulnerability matters less; when the opposition are on the back foot, or aren't good quality, the same but against a well marshalled defence and quality players with pace, the vulnerability is exaggerated.

You're left with Stevie (who, as you say, isn't a defensive midfielder) and two centre backs either retreating or facing their own goal and being pulled all over the shop. When that happens it doesn't matter who your centre or full backs are, or if they're 'old guard' or 'flavour of the month': you're going to concede.

The fact is; not only are we going to be facing better quality opposition this season but most every team will have twigged. In my opinion, it'll be suicidal for us to play without at least one (possibly two) defensive midfielder(s)... unless we're able to score like last season.  :-\
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17557: Aug 26, 2014 07:38:36 pm
      And therein lies the rub debs...

Playing with two 'marauding' full backs, high up the pitch, waiting on Stevie's long, diagonal ball is all good n well (setting aside it's predictability ) but it always leaves you vulnerable.

When you're outscoring teams that vulnerability matters less; when the opposition are on the back foot, or aren't good quality, the same but against a well marshalled defence and quality players with pace, the vulnerability is exaggerated.

You're left with Stevie (who, as you say, isn't a defensive midfielder) and two centre backs either retreating or facing their own goal and being pulled all over the shop. When that happens it doesn't matter who your centre or full backs are, or if they're 'old guard' or 'flavour of the month': you're going to concede.

The fact is; not only are we going to be facing better quality opposition this season but most every team will have twigged. In my opinion, it'll be suicidal for us to play without at least one (possibly two) defensive midfielder(s)... unless we're able to score like last season.  :-\

I doubt we'll see it Mouse, it's just not how Brendan wants us to play IMO.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17558: Aug 27, 2014 12:57:06 am
      Man U are after Joe Allen for £20million

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/396446/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-weigh-up-SHOCK-20m-move-for-Liverpool-midfielder-Joe-Allen

If they then offer £10million for Johnson I will know I am dreaming :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17559: Aug 27, 2014 01:00:11 am

Just read that too Saint, can't believe it to be honest. The only logical explanation that went through my head was that we give them Allen for £20m and get Alonso in for a year before we grab Pogba :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17560: Aug 27, 2014 01:07:01 am
      Just read that too Saint, can't believe it to be honest. The only logical explanation that went through my head was that we give them Allen for £20m and get Alonso in for a year before we grab Pogba :D

That would work for me mate.

I just hope if he does go he includes a relegation clause in his contract.  :)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #17561: Aug 27, 2014 07:09:30 am

Agreed mate.

We haven't a world class GK,
      our CBs still need time to find the best amongst them,
      and now we still can't hope much defensive from our FBs,
      our front man seemed struggle to get enough goals or make opponents fear about them,
      Hendo who capable to cover for defense in need lately seemed asked to concentrate more in get into the box and scoring goal,
      so we need a better protect from midfield.
      Unfortunately I don't think we can put all those responsibility on our captain fantastic. He need a better partner in midfield, especially when we play against top teams with better midfielders. No need to talk that he can't play every game.

Good things is our team always improving, and we have the like of Emre and Lazar who so far look greatly promising.

LightMyLitmanen
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #17562: Aug 27, 2014 07:57:20 am
      Hey all,

Newbie here so don't bite my head off and Hello Fellow Reds  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Heard from a good source we're launching a bid for the Wolves centre back Danny Batth.

Thoughts troops?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17563: Aug 27, 2014 08:23:12 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #17564: Aug 27, 2014 01:47:32 pm
      I wouldn't sell them hoors the skin off my sh*te.  >:D

You may want to adjust your diet mate. ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17565: Aug 27, 2014 01:56:40 pm
      You may want to adjust your diet mate.
      It's an old (Northern) Irish saying FL ["I wouldn't give him/her/them the skin off my sh*te"].. you have my permission to use it.  ;D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #17566: Aug 27, 2014 01:59:00 pm
      It's an old (Northern) Irish saying FL ["I wouldn't give him/her/them the skin off my sh*te"].. you have my permission to use it.  ;D

I may just do that! ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17567: Aug 27, 2014 02:11:21 pm
      Hey all,

Newbie here so don't bite my head off and Hello Fellow Reds  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Heard from a good source we're launching a bid for the Wolves centre back Danny Batth.

Thoughts troops?

2 thoughts, who the f is Danny Batth and why would we be looking to buy more CB's. oh and welcome to the forum.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #17568: Aug 27, 2014 02:19:24 pm
      2 thoughts, 1)who the f is Danny Batth and 2)why would we be looking to buy more CB's. oh and 3)welcome to the forum.

To be fair, that's 3 thoughts.....;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17569: Aug 27, 2014 04:20:11 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks we'll have no more ins this window?

Not even Danny Batth. ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17570: Aug 27, 2014 04:45:40 pm
      If Borini/Lucas go, for decent money, he *might* sign someone with the cash. But you could arguably let them go and not replace / hold further fire until Jan.
      If we don't sell anyone before window ends, don't think we'll sign anyone else either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17571: Aug 27, 2014 04:46:57 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks we'll have no more ins this window?

Not even Danny Batth. ;D

I think Borini and Assaidi and their refusal to move on probably means we'll do F**k all else.
      Unless they leave I can't see much else happening.

Either way, the club has done well.

Quick Reply