Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4308864 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17894: Oct 06, 2014 11:59:12 am
      Finally someone who gives me a good point, fair one mate. That Whizz head bazspeedman must be on speed, reccommend you stay off that sh*t pal. And yes i know alot of liverpool fans who say we are the biggest club in the world and last year id tend to agree with them.

You're telling be to lay off the speed? Great pun by the way  :roll: No pal im a proper supporter of this club and forum. Not some moronic poster who blows in every couple of months sprouting whiny nonsense like "Lallana is rubbish he's the next Downing" before he had even kicked a ball for us or "waaaaah why do United get all the world class players like Rojo and Blind and we don't get any waaaaah".

Do one.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #17895: Oct 06, 2014 11:59:21 am
      Out of Man Utd recent splurge on the transfer market the only one I'd actually want here would be Di Maria, but at £60 million and HUGE wages, erm no thanks.
      I've said it before, the only one of our summer signings I'm not keen on is Lambert but at £4 million it was worth a punt and he can still be of some use. Moreno looks excellent, as does Lallana. Can has shown great promise and in my opinion so does Markovitch. Even Manquillo looks like a very good deal to me.
      Having said all that I would love us to go out and get a top top striker in January, we need proper cover for Sturridge and whilst I think Balotelli will be ok for us I don't think he'll ever be prolific but I hope I'm wrong about that.

I agree. Higuain please
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #17896: Oct 06, 2014 12:00:49 pm
      We're not Manchester United. Like it or not our model isn't to spend £60M on a player and a similar amount on wages over a contract. The model is to sign a guy like Markovic from the same club Di Maria made his name and hope in 3 years he's at that kind of level.
      There's far too much whining going on amongst Liverpool fans all this nonsense about being the best fans in the world is crap. A few shaky performances in what was always going to be a transitional period when on top having 2 or 3 key injuries and the whole model and vision of the club is being put into question.
      Do you seriously think this type of scrutiny and criticism in a key period of this teams development is doing any good? The message to BR should be - we have blind faith in you, it'll take as long as it takes this season, keep up the good work.

I think some of us are not saying we should be after messi and Reus .... Surely we could have done better than some of our signings , hopefully now we filled the gaps we should go for two class players and we are done , I could see us throwing a £40m and 150k for Vidal for example and we are done in January .
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #17897: Oct 06, 2014 12:08:36 pm
      As I said before I think now we should go for more caliber of players , we filled the gaps
      Our LB is sorted , our RB not sure but we could live with it
      Our CB need consistency and some time to gel and we will be ok , our DMF we should be looking to bring an improvement in January , CMF and AMF are
      For striker we should give Balotelli some time if it's not then we should be after a striker I'm not too keen on hugain I'd love someone with pace like Ibarbo , lacazette , Eminke ect
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17898: Oct 06, 2014 12:25:29 pm
      As I said before I think now we should go for more caliber of players , we filled the gaps
      Our LB is sorted , our RB not sure but we could live with it
      Our CB need consistency and some time to gel and we will be ok , our DMF we should be looking to bring an improvement in January , CMF and AMF are
      For striker we should give Balotelli some time if it's not then we should be after a striker I'm not too keen on hugain I'd love someone with pace like Ibarbo , lacazette , Eminke ect

None of the players you mention are proven caliber though. All are gambles. Aside from Higuain who you don't rate yet has been a proven goal scorer at the highest level for years.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17899: Oct 06, 2014 01:11:01 pm
      It reminds when I said on RAWK instead of getting lovren and lazar , we could tried with shaqiri and griezmann and Valbuena who were available last summer then suddenly started to insult me and told me to stop fifa , I replied I didn't say we should sign Reus and Messi and Ronaldo and I got the ban afterwards .

When I read about that hellhole, I'm truly embarrassed to be a Liverpool supporter. Its like Tom Hicks read Fever Pitch and designed to set up a forum with Jenny Chang and Purslow. Imagine a  half American, half minor public school  unemploted halfwit with Asbergers who has a mickey mouse degree in flow charts and "sports business marketing" and you've got the type of Frankenstein's monster that infests Rawk.

These morons have done as much to damage LFC as any of the hedge funders and crooks that have darkened LFC in recent years. Since Henry had his very 1st meeting with them, the place has been like Plant Central. Probably because it is.

Evidently, they have clear orders to "tow the Fenway party line". So much so it looks like its modded from the club's pr offices. Last I heard, they were all a bit embarrassed because a woman from Carillion basically called them out on all the sh*t they'd been saying about the stadium. Turned out the Yanksters HAD looked at expanding 3 sides of the ground, for example. So the claims we only had demand for 60k was utter sh*te.  Rawk's bedroom CEOs also started disputing her contruction time estimates for the new stand and stuff hahaha.

To me, for a company to impersonate a customer or a football fan is nothing but fraud. I was glad to see Tesco copped a big fine for it after some planning enquiry. And I'd love to see the smarmballs behind Rawk cop it too.

I used to see them as the "Andreas Fritzl" of Liverpool forums. I mean Fritzl loved his daughter, altho in a gigantically fu**ed up, OCD control freak sort of way. But nowadays, I can see Rawk love Liverpool as much as Duncan Oldham and George Gilette do.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #17900: Oct 06, 2014 01:13:32 pm
      None of the players you mention are proven caliber though. All are gambles. Aside from Higuain who you don't rate yet has been a proven goal scorer at the highest level for years.

I was suggesting some names that are happy to stay on bench , hugain won't come here and stay on the bench .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17901: Oct 06, 2014 02:39:22 pm
      I was suggesting some names that are happy to stay on bench , hugain won't come here and stay on the bench .

But why would you want to sign players of caliber to sit on the bench? Didn't we sign enough of those over the Summer. We should only be signing players from now on that can walk straight into the first team. We should be over the moon to sign a player like Higuain.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17902: Oct 06, 2014 03:52:18 pm
      But why would you want to sign players of caliber to sit on the bench? Didn't we sign enough of those over the Summer. We should only be signing players from now on that can walk straight into the first team. We should be over the moon to sign a player like Higuain.

Hmm, not many of our summer signings warming the bench, I'd say almost all of them have been an improvement in terms of what we had, at the very least providing genuine quality cover. All we to really challenge is a top class DM and top class striker.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #17903: Oct 06, 2014 04:40:25 pm
      The biggest disappointment that I feel from the summer signings, is the falling through of the Remy deal. I was very excited to have him as part of our forward line, and now seeing him as part of Chelsea really peeves me. I would have much rather had him for this past rough patch than Mario, and the thought of a partnership of Remy and Studge is mouthwatering with their pace, movement and skill.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17904: Oct 06, 2014 04:46:57 pm
      Hmm, not many of our summer signings warming the bench, I'd say almost all of them have been an improvement in terms of what we had, at the very least providing genuine quality cover. All we to really challenge is a top class DM and top class striker.

I think of our signings only Moreno, Lovren, Balotelli, and Lallana were to go straight into the first team. Can, Lambert, Manquillo and Markovic were to be used from the bench or for cover but due to injuries some have had more game time than expected at this early stage in the season.

Yes I agree we need a top DM and striker in January if possible. I think we are sound everywhere else.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17905: Oct 06, 2014 04:50:24 pm
      The biggest disappointment that I feel from the summer signings, is the falling through of the Remy deal. I was very excited to have him as part of our forward line, and now seeing him as part of Chelsea really peeves me. I would have much rather had him for this past rough patch than Mario, and the thought of a partnership of Remy and Studge is mouthwatering with their pace, movement and skill.

Remy would have been nice but I think he is too similar a player to Sturridge only not as good. I think Stu and Mario will be an excellent pairing up front once they get a run of games together better than Stu and Remy.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #17906: Oct 06, 2014 07:43:07 pm

denile is a river that flows through Egypt  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6831 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17907: Oct 06, 2014 09:13:23 pm
      So pissed off how things are going for us, We make the top 4 and we buy Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Moreno and Manquillo. Yet Man Utd finish 7th, were complete sh*te last season and they buy Di Maria, Rojo, Blind and Falcao... World Class players who are proven (bar Blind). Its really not fair. Dont get me wrong i dont mind lallana and markovic but jesus why couldnt we buy a couple world class players. I really am losing patience with the Liverpool board, its getting beyond a joke, i knew we.d be sh*t after suarez leaving.

I get where you're going with this. I was gonna start a thread titled "Why didn't we put in a double bid for Cesc and Diego Costa? Watching them link up for those Chav cu*ts is making me sick.

We had $75 million pounds to spend after Luis left. I think Cesc cost 25-30 and Diego cost around 30 mill, not 100% sure on those figures. Did we ever even inqure about both of them and if not, why the F**k not?

Imagine those 2 lads in our Team. I'm pretty sure we'd be unstoppable and be sitting Top of The League.

That's how you replace 1 Superstar leaving, get 2 fantastic talents and have some change leftover.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17908: Oct 06, 2014 09:30:14 pm
      I get where you're going with this. I was gonna start a thread titled "Why didn't we put in a double bid for Cesc and Diego Costa? Watching them link up for those Chav cu*ts is making me sick.

We had $75 million pounds to spend after Luis left. I think Cesc cost 25-30 and Diego cost around 30 mill, not 100% sure on those figures. Did we ever even inqure about both of them and if not, why the f**k not?

Imagine those 2 lads in our Team. I'm pretty sure we'd be unstoppable and be sitting Top of The League.

That's how you replace 1 Superstar leaving, get 2 fantastic talents and have some change leftover.

+ 1 Oz.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17909: Oct 06, 2014 09:38:38 pm

We had $75 million pounds to spend after Luis left. I think Cesc cost 25-30 and Diego cost around 30 mill, not 100% sure on those figures. Did we ever even inqure about both of them and if not, why the f**k not?

Given that we went for Costa last season I thought it would have put us in good stead to go for him again given that he was now ready to leave Atletico. Surely the club feel a bit of regret about that seeing as we could have matched his release clause and given Suarez' high wage no longer there, we could have offered him just as much as Chelsea with ease.

As far as Cesc goes, personally I think that deal was all but wrapped up very early on in the summer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17910: Oct 06, 2014 10:30:55 pm
      Cesc imo would've been a good addition, but when you look at the lads we have in midfield - Sterling, Coutinho, SG, Hendo, Allen, Lallana etc. - over the long haul they are up to the top4 (with Lucas/Can/Markovic on the fringes).
      Defense, again, good enough on paper imo for top4, just need to ...... well, defend.
      Main worry is up front. It's pretty apparent now how important Studge is, with the front lads goals drying up. No matter how good the midfield are, it makes things that much harder to rattle off points/go on a really good run, if we don't have someone up there scoring fairly consistently.
      Been disappointed by Mario so far - when he's not scoring, he looks out of it - his movement's not in tune with our play, wants the ball to feet rather than running onto it etc. It's up to him. He can try to learn, or it's not going to work out. When Luis first came, he wasn't as clinical as he was in his final season, imo his finishing improved hugely under BR. Hopefully he can do same for Mario - though Luis was a damn hard worker which helped.
      Lambert's form has deserted him a bit, was always going to be tough, but reckon he will settle into things and chip in with some goals - though whether he is someone who will start games regularly, and score consistently, am not as sure.
      Borini, let's just say imo we missed out on 14mill and leave it there. If he takes the place by storm and starts scoring, great. Just don't see it.
      We saw against Spuds a glimmer of how we'd like to play - and with Studge back, it could all be rosy in the garden again. But if he ends up in and out with niggles, and the other lads haven't managed to step up, BR might need to be putting a hand in the pocket in Jan.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #17911: Oct 07, 2014 12:15:26 am
      The biggest disappointment that I feel from the summer signings, is the falling through of the Remy deal.

Agree.

I think Remy would have been ideal in our side especially with Danny out.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17912: Oct 07, 2014 09:29:56 am

And to think they had actually made profit from "deadwood" makes it even more worse. Luiz, Lukaku, Ba, van Aanholt were surplus for Maureen and he managed to squeeze out a combined 85mil. The same in Jan, around 55mil for Mata & De Bruyne.

I've never criticized BR's transfers but have always been a wee-skeptical. From early this year, we have needed a powerful midfielder (hope Can develops into one pretty soon) and a replacement for Suarez. Agreed, Sanchez was the desired option, with his work rate and flexibility. But we were down to knees after the Remy deal fell through and the "committee" gave themselves very less reaction time to go after another one. Hope Danny's comeback helps both Rickie and Mario
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #17913: Oct 07, 2014 09:32:54 am
      You're telling be to lay off the speed? Great pun by the way  :roll: No pal im a proper supporter of this club and forum. Not some moronic poster who blows in every couple of months sprouting whiny nonsense like "Lallana is rubbish he's the next Downing" before he had even kicked a ball for us or "waaaaah why do United get all the world class players like Rojo and Blind and we don't get any waaaaah".

Do one.
      so your saying im moronic because i dont spend my whole life on this? i got a business to run, family to support, Im currently playing semi professional for a local club to me so dont start getting offensive. If we met im positive it would be a different story pal. so pipe down and stop giving it the big one on a forum, if you got a problem direct message, dont start getting defensive just because im telling my opinion. If you think im a moaner, sound. I couldnt care less what you think mate. People may not agree with the way im putting things over, but a few people on here who are realistic will agree with me, i seriously consider you find something more productive to do with your day and get a life mate.

Edit: Dont take offence if you do spend alot of time on here. (unless you are  soft lad bazspeedman ;D )
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17914: Oct 07, 2014 09:57:25 am
      so your saying im moronic because i dont spend my whole life on this? i got a business to run, family to support, Im currently playing semi professional for a local club to me so dont start getting offensive. If we met im positive it would be a different story pal. so pipe down and stop giving it the big one on a forum, if you got a problem direct message, dont start getting defensive just because im telling my opinion. If you think im a moaner, sound. I couldnt care less what you think mate. People may not agree with the way im putting things over, but a few people on here who are realistic will agree with me, i seriously consider you find something more productive to do with your day and get a life mate.

Edit: Dont take offence if you do spend alot of time on here. (unless you are  soft lad bazspeedman ;D )

Wow, way to blow your own trumpet. Many of us on this forum have busy lives mate I couldn't care less how much time you spend on here. But looking at your post history you seem to enjoy using the little time you spend on here to moan about Liverpool FC in one way or another. How about being positive about this great club for a change? Anyway if you don't care what I think as you claim please do me a favour and don't reply to me again. Sound.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #17915: Oct 07, 2014 10:20:17 am
      How about being positive about this great club for a change?
      Not blowing my own trumpet, im only telling you facts. So im guessing your happy with all the players we've signed, yes?and our form yes? And the key word you said there is 'Great' because it is a great club which is under achieving, we should be up there with chelsea and citeh especially after last season. I thought we were landed. Champions League, Best striker in the world(I know, I know), More financial help, Sterling, studge, etc.

Its natural to feel frustration and disappointment over this season so far. I still couldnt find a F**k to give about your opinion on me because i have no idea who you are, same goes with you, you wont catch me looking through your post history, Its irrelevant what i put in the past. We are all Liverpool supporters here so why dont you turn it in mate and share my frustration and give me constructive feedback. Instead of saying im moaning, even if we have lost the games we did and still played well, I wouldnt be 'whining', but lets face it we are not playing well. We struggled to string 2 passes together against Basel.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17916: Oct 07, 2014 10:49:14 am
      Not blowing my own trumpet, im only telling you facts. So im guessing your happy with all the players we've signed, yes?and our form yes? And the key word you said there is 'Great' because it is a great club which is under achieving, we should be up there with chelsea and citeh especially after last season. I thought we were landed. Champions League, Best striker in the world(I know, I know), More financial help, Sterling, studge, etc.

Its natural to feel frustration and disappointment over this season so far. I still couldnt find a f**k to give about your opinion on me because i have no idea who you are, same goes with you, you wont catch me looking through your post history, Its irrelevant what i put in the past. We are all Liverpool supporters here so why dont you turn it in mate and share my frustration and give me constructive feedback. Instead of saying im moaning, even if we have lost the games we did and still played well, I wouldnt be 'whining', but lets face it we are not playing well. We struggled to string 2 passes together against Basel.

I'm not blind mate I can see were not playing well. Although our form has slowly picked up as evident in the Everton and West Brom games. You say we should be up there competing with Chelsea and City. Well we're still in the same cups, still competing for he league (only 7 games in one point off 4th while in poor form). Still have three important players to come back from injury and a new top keeper to come in over the next couple of weeks. Our new players still need to bed in will take a few more weeks. We finally have squad depth so are equipped to cope with three cup competitions and a league. So yes we have had an early dip in form over last season, almost every club goes though a dip at some point in the season. Chelsea and City will go through a dip also. If we had not improved at all over the last two league games I would he genuinely worried. But we have so I tend to look at the positives. We will improve. If we achieve top 4 again this season and win a cup I will be happy. We are not ready to compete against City and Chelsea for the title just yet in my opinion.

Quick Reply