Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320574 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19550: Mar 15, 2015 08:46:48 pm
      Luis Enrique, Liverpool's very own Perez Hilton. I've seen more pictures of him (and his Mrs) on social media sites than I have of him in a Liverpool kit.

Totally overrated and injury prone - f**k him off soonest.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #19551: Mar 15, 2015 09:22:34 pm
      Luis Enrique, Liverpool's very own Perez Hilton. I've seen more pictures of him (and his Mrs) on social media sites than I have of him in a Liverpool kit.

Given that Luis Enrique is 44, he isn't doing too badly. Especially when you consider he is out of position as he is normally an attacking midfielder and that he is also moonlighting as the manager of Barcelona.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #19552: Mar 15, 2015 09:26:19 pm
      Given that Luis Enrique is 44, he isn't doing too badly. Especially when you consider he is out of position as he is normally an attacking midfielder and that he is also moonlighting as the manager of Barcelona.

Ha ha
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #19553: Mar 15, 2015 10:13:37 pm
      I would love to know what the hell Enrique has done wrong to merit getting shipped out.  he's never going to have the quality of Aurelio but it's patently absurd to suggest that somehow he is not good enough but Moreno is.  Moreno has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is better than Enrique at LB.  he can't defend, he can't cross, the list goes on and on.  And yet somehow Enrique is on the chopping block but Moreno is fine. 

oh but Moreno has "potential."  forgot about that.

I kind of agree in a way Fed.

I rate Jose as a LB and have said more than once on here I think he is among the best in this league and I'd be happy to keep him in the sqaud as well as Moreno.

Alberto has potential to be a better player than Jose through time but we need more than one LB so I don't see a need to move Enrique on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19554: Mar 15, 2015 10:17:02 pm

Come on lad...
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #19555: Mar 15, 2015 10:34:59 pm
      I kind of agree in a way Fed.

I rate Jose as a LB and have said more than once on here I think he is among the best in this league and I'd be happy to keep him in the sqaud as well as Moreno.

Alberto has potential to be a better player than Jose through time but we need more than one LB so I don't see a need to move Enrique on.

I'm not actually advocating getting rid of Jose just to be clear. Though his appearances this year (all 208 minutes in the league) have been far from convincing, we have seen good Jose in the past, and if he gets over his injury problems I think he can return to those levels.

In terms of getting rid of players, I'm glad I don't have the job. I'm far too sentimental and I've never even met the players.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #19556: Mar 15, 2015 11:07:45 pm

Doh! Haha. Goes to show that Jose has made such little impression on me that I misnamed him from the Enrique that I was watching yesterday.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19557: Mar 16, 2015 05:48:36 am
      I think Jose, like Lucas, is one of those players who needs a run of games to get back into gear. I doubt we'll see that happening anytime soon though.

If (and it's looking more and more likely) we F**k both Johnson and Enrique off we're really starting to look light in the fb/wb department effectively leaving us with 3 (natural) fullbacks in Moreno, Manquillo and Flanagan. There goes money we could be using for a gk, st, dm right there from the summer budget.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19558: Mar 16, 2015 06:26:33 am
      I think Jose, like Lucas, is one of those players who needs a run of games to get back into gear. I doubt we'll see that happening anytime soon though.

If (and it's looking more and more likely) we F**k both Johnson and Enrique off we're really starting to look light in the fb/wb department effectively leaving us with 3 (natural) fullbacks in Moreno, Manquillo and Flanagan. There goes money we could be using for a gk, st, dm right there from the summer budget.
      Enrique must be nearly 30 though, we need to be thinking about his replacement anyway though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19559: Mar 16, 2015 09:48:35 am
      we have seen good Jose in the past, and if he gets over his injury problems I think he can return to those levels.
      We have indeed seen "good Jose" in the past Thad - in his only full season, under Brendan, he played 2257 mins [League], scored 2 and had 6 assists; conceding 23 goals  - at the start of the following season he played only 604 mins before injury and had 2 assists.

To add some perspective - Alberto [Moreno], in his first season [to date], has played 1815 mins, scored 2, with 0 assists; conceding 20 goals.

Moreno is young and on 'the up' so he has a lot to learn and time to improve - he [we] could do worse than having him learn his trade alongside an experienced player like Enrique.  The advice/guidance and nous, experienced players can pass on should never be underestimated.

'Wisdom' passed on from someone who's been there, done that and got the T-Shirt, can cut down the time spent on a steep learning curve. Throw that away just to cut a wage bill? F***ing daft... in my opinion, of course.  >:D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19560: Mar 16, 2015 10:28:05 am
      I wouldn't have a problem shipping out Jose Enrique.

I have to say he is a very good left-back but his fitness levels and injuries have stagnated his career over the past 3-4 seasons and we seem to play his wage for him to sit and play FIFA on the Playstation more than he actually plays real football nowadays.

Word is, is that we are looking at Luke Garbutt of Everton who is a terrific young player who would be good competition for Alberto Moreno. That would be our left-back slot sorted for years.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19561: Mar 16, 2015 10:55:31 am
      Word is, is that we are looking at Luke Garbutt of Everton who is a terrific young player

"A terrific young player"?  :-\

Hmm... I'll have to take your word on that one mate - I know very little about him other than; at 21, he's played only 3 Premier league games, none of which the Blueshite won and none of which I saw. I'm really not sure what Moreno could learn from Garbutt to push him on.

Still, 'every cloud' and all that; Garbutt would be easier to pay than Enrique so... phew - at least we won't go bankrupt.  :gt-happyup: 

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #19562: Mar 16, 2015 10:57:21 am
      Enrique is a bit of an enigma has all the attributes, quick strong as an Ox but his football brain is non existent. A real liability in his ability to turn off at the wrong time.

Going forward he is no better than Moreno with his ability to miss place the simplest of passes and his crossing is shocking at times.
      Probably not helped by being constantly injured.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19563: Mar 16, 2015 11:07:47 am
      Without a doubt HSBc - Enrique had a great season, under Brendan - the serious injury has knocked him back no end.

On the subject of [regular] injuries - any word on the lad in your avatar? I hope he's back soon: tonight preferably.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #19564: Mar 16, 2015 11:14:11 am
      Whats with PSV's Memphis Depay,i read that we are showing some interest in him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #19565: Mar 16, 2015 11:50:48 am
      The munts were in for him but the lad has expressed a desire to LFC: 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-depay-8843809
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19566: Mar 16, 2015 11:57:18 am
      Whats with PSV's Memphis Depay,i read that we are showing some interest in him.
      I read that too Pear; in The Echo transfer gossip column. It reports on a Sunday People article which suggests he'd prefer to come here over the scum.

On the lad himself - I've only really seen him play, for Holland, in the World Cup and he looked okay. He has come back from there and shown some sparkling form (it would seem) for PSV; creating a buzz along the way.

Plays a wide left attacking role - much like Konoplyanka; remember him? So, given that Brendan has been looking for that type for some while now and he's "young, with potential", I wouldn't rule any interest in Depay out.

The only things I could possibly see against the link are - Brendan stating he wanted players who are more the finished article, rather than just with potential, there might be a bidding war and the fact that Konoplyanka will be available on a free this Summer.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #19567: Mar 16, 2015 12:24:30 pm
      Enrique is a bit of an enigma has all the attributes, quick strong as an Ox but his football brain is non existent. A real liability in his ability to turn off at the wrong time.

Going forward he is no better than Moreno with his ability to miss place the simplest of passes and his crossing is shocking at times.

'Luis' Enrique is mostly one footed. For a defender that can get you in trouble sometimes because you can't always get the ball on your preferred foot in a pressure situation. He used to be be very pacy and quick. Im not sure he still has that. But if he does he will need time to play to get back to that.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19568: Mar 16, 2015 01:39:14 pm
      'Luis' Enrique is mostly one footed. For a defender that can get you in trouble sometimes because you can't always get the ball on your preferred foot in a pressure situation. He used to be be very pacy and quick. Im not sure he still has that. But if he does he will need time to play to get back to that.

To be fair, so is Moreno.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19569: Mar 16, 2015 03:19:43 pm
      I'd be delighted with a front four of Daniel Sturridge, Saido Berahino, Divock Origi and Memphis Depay.

I don't think we will get Danny Ings as his fee could rise to £10m should he win an England cap apparently. At the moment, the tribunal figure stands at £6.5m.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #19570: Mar 16, 2015 03:22:36 pm
      I'd be delighted with a front four of Daniel Sturridge, Mario Balotelli, Divock Origi and Memphis Depay.

I don't think we will get Danny Ings as his fee could rise to £10m should he win an England cap apparently. At the moment, the tribunal figure stands at £6.5m.

Why Balotelli? He's sh*t.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19571: Mar 16, 2015 03:24:45 pm

Sorry. That was meant to say Saido Berahino.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #19572: Mar 16, 2015 03:29:25 pm
      Still see Depay ending up at United to be honest.

Quick Reply